Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Header needed!
Last post by Spooky_Blossom
Today 01:59 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by fade
Today 01:56 PM
RiverClan Patrols
by taillow
Last post by Morrigan
Today 01:56 PM
Kitten Kingdom! [ Kit...
Last post by Spooky_Blossom
Today 01:41 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2024, 12:29 PM
˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Bump Policy: 3 days
Default Re: RiverClan Open Forum [All cats welcome!]

Well, that was pathetic.

Vixenflame silently soaked in the chaos around her. Fadingstar's lackluster attempt to make amends with his broken clan, followed by the clan's justified concerns against him, and then Waterlily's juicy outburst that sent the leader high-tailing it. So much for taking his word on improvement. What a shame.

She half-heartedly wished Fadingstar actually took the criticism received (like he said he would), but then again, if he didn't have it in him to be a leader...good riddance, in her eye. RiverClan won't get stronger if they had to walk on eggshells around their own leader.

It wasn't long before Dusklion, a cat Vixenflame did respect, started barking orders to the Clan before she went after her dumb brother. Aight then...fair play to ya.

Raising to her paws, she found her gaze landing on the pathetic squabble between an apprentice and a warrior. Really? Trotting over to the grumpypelts, Vixenflame chuckled at Goldfish's comment. "Makin' fun of elders seems like kittish behavior to me. Come on now, let's all act our ages, here."

Turning to Redmire, "Must all our issues be settled with a fight? Y'all should chill. We got bigger issues to squabble over at the moment."

The true secret of happiness
lies in taking a genuine interest
in all the details of daily life.

Old September 20th, 2024, 12:39 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━
|{Word count:40/200}|
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mixed feelings. He didn't what to feel, angry? Was he supposed to be angry. He should be angry right, so many cats were shouting for Fadingstar to step down and give up the rank. Others argued and some stood quietly. Aspenpaw was one of them, he scowled glaring at the leader as her stood infront of the crowd asking them to criticize how he ran the clan but then began to flee when his clanmates did just that. Aspenpaw flexed his claws stuck between wanting to cheer as Fadingstar fled or to argue and shout at those who were. Fadingstar had been a good leader hadn't he? He must have been. All leaders where good....weren't they? At one point f-fadingstar had agreed with wanting revenge and that was good but then he change his mind and aspenpaw finally realised that his false idea on what the clan leader was just that. False. It was a lie, fadingstar was infact nothing to admire and not someone who aspenpaw looked up to anymore. However as he watched the deputy chase after him, crying how pathetic, it really sunk in. They were losing a leader. Things were changing and he didn't like it.

This was not how it was supposed to go, everything felt to loud and the air too thick. Why couldn't things just be normal!??? Why could it just be ..right? He had once believed that all their problems were the other clans fault and that once they returned home things would get better, they would get revenge and everything would be right again but maybe....maybe nothing had ever been okay in riverclan? He had been a kit when fadingstar had been appointed as leader and apparently there had been so many problems in the clan back then and even while he was a kit! He hadn't noticed it...but now he did and he had blamed it on the other clans, on starclan, on everything else but riverclan. Was it their fault all these were happening to them? Aspenpaw tucked his tail around his paws. No no, the other clans were at fault. Yes riverclan was only suffering because of them! That was it. That was it.....
Old September 20th, 2024, 12:45 PM
Submarines beware

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Tired

Duskleaf

22 Moons | He/Him | Agatha Kitty

RiverClan Warrior

In what was basically now RiverClan tradition, the chaos only got worse as more cats got involved. He did half-heartedly tell the two cats to calm down, but things were escalating now if anything, with cats joining and for some reason accusing Redmire of being the one causing it. Even if Duskleaf didn’t like her that much and was still a bit scared of her, one thing he didn’t like at all was injustice.

"Wait, can you lot hear me?" He looked down at his paws, before looking back. "Redmire isn’t the one causing it, now please, just calm it…wait…" Dream logic! If cats did the opposite of what he said, then surely they’d stop fighting if he told them to fight! It didn’t make sense for the real world, but in his dreams? Sure, might do. "Actually let’s see if this works. Fight on."

@Bugabaddie @Goopysharkboi @dino. @paedyn @Luna16 @Blaaze @Fio
On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond!"

DuskleafSnakefangNightpaw — Stormkit
Old September 20th, 2024, 12:49 PM
<3

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Floodsight
✦ RiverClan | 21 moons | Mind Reader ; Beefed Up T1 ; empty slot

Yeah, there is not going to be a single meeting where RiverClan can just calmly anticipate good news. At this point, Floodsight could predict the future if this pattern keeps happening. She didn't need to be a sigh seer nor get some StarClan prophecy to know if the next meeting would be some sort of mess. Maybe the day RiverClan would finally have some peace and quiet will be the day when the rivers dry up and the sea disappears. Perhaps having a load ton of work placed on her was much better than watch a clan argue admits a meeting.

The Clan was a mess again and now their leader just disappear. She padded softly to Rainpaw and gestured her to follow.

"Come on Rainpaw, you heard what Dusklion said. Working is better than arguing." Floodsight offered for them to leave. She looked at Berrypaw and tiled her head, gesturing to join if she'd also like to leave.

[ @Luna16 @squidz ]

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old September 20th, 2024, 12:55 PM
˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Bump Policy: 3 days

Put off by Duskleaf's odd comment on the situation, Vixenflame shot her clanmate a raised brow. "You got a deathwish or somethin'?"

The true secret of happiness
lies in taking a genuine interest
in all the details of daily life.

Old September 20th, 2024, 01:02 PM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Bored

Primrosepaw - RiverClan Apprentice
Ultimate Predator
Trick of the Eye
Go with the Flow
110 / 100

Primrosepaw´s emerald gaze flicked over to Duskleaf. ´´Redmire is trying to stop it,´´ She mewed. ´´As am I.´´

[ @Fio // @Concorde ]

(When Grim gave her a necklace )
Old September 20th, 2024, 01:53 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Spooky

WE'LL BUILD A FIRE IN YOUR EYES
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
SALAMANDERPAW . 6 MOONS . SHE/HER . RIVERCLAN

A fading leader for the fading clan we've become...

Salamanderpaw, who rarely ever needs a reason to run her mouth, is quiet. She's sought out Tinytoad and now sticks so close to the warrior's side that their calico pelts almost appear as one. She's still upset with her, but that won't ever change the fact that Tinytoad is her mother. And right now, irritation be damned, Salamanderpaw wants her mom.

Real change is needed!

Can a leader be wrong?

They're not...supposed to be. That's what Salamanderpaw had thought, anyway, for the longest time. A leader can't be judged as a normal cat because they aren't—it isn't a normal cat. It is something changed. Something higher, greater, better than any normal cat can concieve of. That is what strength does: it transforms and it elevates. Fadingstar shouldn't be some lowly thing, calling for his cats to gather and belittle him as they are, now. This shouldn't have to happen. It isn't right. It isn't—strong. Fadingstar should glow. He should tower. He should pry the throats out of all these naysayers, shouldn't he? Because he's earned that right and he knows better than they do?

She keeps waiting for it. Wondering if she should close her eyes, if Tinytoad would tell her not to look. Fadingstar has to kill these cats, has to, because Salamanderpaw doesn't want to hear them anymore. Because what they're doing, they're not supposed to. It should be impossible. Nobody strong would be spoken out against like this, and a leader is strong. A leader should be strong. Infallible. Untouchable. And there, she can see from where she's hidden against her mother's flank, Waterlily shoves at him. The elder isn't stricken down by the action, doesn't turn to dust. Neither Starclan nor Fadingstar intervene to smite her for her insolence. Just kill her! Just get them all! Just do something—anything!

Had he always looked so small?

She doesn't have long to ponder. He's gone as soon as the thought occurs. So who's going to take care of us? Leaders are a thing that exist because normal cats can't be trusted by themselves. Hierarchy is normal; strength leads, as it should, because strength is the only thing worthy of that honor Something she's known and resented for some time, now, is that strong cats don't run. So it stands to reason that Fadingstar cannot be strong, can he? Cannot be worthy. Cannot be a leader. But he was. He was! He had to have been. You can't just pretend to be a leader, that's not how it works. It's something else. Something special. Even if Fadingstar hadn't been the strongest, once, surely becoming a leader would have changed everything?

But.

Salamanderpaw's ears ring and she feels uneasy. Ill. If any normal cat could lash out against power uncontested, unscathed, then there was no true power there. Maybe...maybe there had been. Right? There must have been. So what happened? What had been done to Fadingstar since the time he used to glow? To tower? Had it been the mountains that had drained him? Had a lingering wound from the raid done it?

When had weakness crept in?

Enough.

She twitches, not noticing she'd been all but burrowing into her mother for support. Dusklion is here. She had been, of course, but now she's talking. Leading. Towering. It's staggering, how immediate the comfort that brings is. Of course. Something awful might have happened to Fadingstar, but Dusklion was here, wasn't she? Had always been here, hadn't she? Salamanderpaw's ears twitch. There's a memory—one of her first—, brief and watery, of evacuation practice. Fadingstar had been the one to make the call, the day of the raid, but Dusklion had shown them how. It feels significant, somehow, but Salamanderpaw doesn't want to think anymore. Not if it's going to twist her head up and make her feel so awful. She wants someone else to do it.

"Tinytoad," she rasps quietly, nudging her mother. "What do I do?"

@Desert Rain Frog ; TINYMAMA

gravelly waypoint

Last edited by nyme; September 20th, 2024 at 01:55 PM.
Old September 20th, 2024, 02:00 PM
Bluest+ar~ I <3/miss u

Bump Policy: 48 hrs or 2 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 11 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw felt like someone was looking at her, even through her fog of thoughts. Slightly raising her head, the small brown she-cat's whiskers twitched, glancing around... then finding the soft eyes and comforting smile of a friend. Despite the tension of the situation (and how often angry cats made her uncomfortable), the medicine cat apprentice smiled back, a bit of gratitude in her features for the kind gesture. It made her feel a little more grounded... even if just a little.

But then... the explosion from Waterlily. And then, to her shock and horror, Berrypaw stared in stunned silence as her leader — the one who'd helped her learn how to fight even after being made the medicine cat apprentice to defend herself, one of the main powers who'd helped support her during all the chaos and Mistyshard's resignation — was gone.

Her heart felt like it clenched in her chest. Great StarClan—

Berrypaw didn't even notice Cobwebfern settling next to her (too lost in her haze of thoughts) until she felt the warmth of her pelt brushing hers as she licked Berry's head. The smaller cat glanced up, her green eyes shining with conflict and worry, but softened a bit at the understanding and reasonable words of Cob; she was right, although that look in his eye... it didn't look like Fadingstar was planning on returning to a Clan that essentially kicked him out.

Finally, after several moments, the young herbalist found her voice — low and thin through a tightened throat. "Y-Yeah, I... I agree." She swallowed hard. "...stars. D-Do you think he's really... gone?" She whispered hoarsely, following Cob's gaze towards Dusklion, who was clearly distraught. The thought that Fadingstar was simply, more or less kicked out when he'd been attempted to reason and give way for his Clan to make their voices known was as unnerving as it was shocking. Berrypaw unconsciously leaned into the soothing brush of her friend's tail along her flank, as if it were helping ground her.

It almost felt like the ground was askew beneath her little brown paws; Berrypaw hadn't known a day of RiverClan's peace ever since that ThunderClan battle where she'd been a kit. It had been stable for a time when Fadingstar first stepped up, but now, all these tumultuous events...

And it seemed like that wouldn't be stopping anytime soon.

— STAGHEART —

very large, muscular, & scarred light brown tabby tom with stark blue eyes and a torn ear; killer aptitude 3 | just a scratch

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 53 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Great StarClan... that went downhill so fast.

Stagheart had considered jumping in many times — to combat the accusations that Fadingstar was singlepawedly responsible for all of RiverClan's instability, that he was the sole cat for all the blame. The leader wasn't perfect, and had made his mistakes, but he'd also helped restablilize the Clan after Larkstar and Birdsnow. Even if it hadn't been for too long before the chaos of the forest had been against them, he'd still done much more than these cats were giving him credit for. And yet... even the loyal tom couldn't directly deny the other claims. About the threats, the executions, some of the inconsistencies... it made his lip draw back in frustration, almost wanting to interject—

But then Waterlily's croaked voice rang out, and before he knew it, he was watching the leader he'd served faithfully under these past few moons fleeing into the forest.

Stunned, Stagheart could only blink in silence for a few moments. Just like that...? He was kicked out by his own Clan? And then Willowtail was waddling up; shaking his head to be knocked out of his own shock, he glanced down at the young warrior, clearing his throat to keep his voice steady (but he was clearly unsettled, his usually-stoic features were giving it away).

"I... I don't know, kid," he admitted quietly, concern creasing his brow, trying to keep his thoughts in order. He could process his own emotions and thoughts about the situation later; right now, it seemed that a lot of cats needed him to be a voice of reason. And he could do that.

"But whatever happens, we're gonna be alright. RiverClan ain't just one cat — it's all of us. The Lionhearts 'n Dusklion will keep us steady," he assured, sounding as convincing as he could in his gruff drawl. He glanced down at Daisypaw in muted surprise when the kit sounded incredibly mature for a moment. He gave a huff of surprise, going to comment on it when he saw Summerbird's glare and bared teeth.

The large, battle-scarred warrior didn't directly speak, but he didn't need to. His piercing blue eyes immediately locked onto Summerbird's, the blue fire in them sharp and a silent warning to back off, especially at a time like this. A low snarl rumbled in the back of his throat, just barely audible, but he knew the warrior heard it. Stand down.

After that, he heeded Dusklion's instructions, helping usher the little adoptive family around him away from the fray. "...C'mon. Don't pay him any mind. We've got enough to worry 'bout right now," he grunted, giving one last glare at Summerbird before padding away.
Daisypaw nodded to Stagheart's words. Seeing him glaring at Summerbird, Daisypaw growled lowly. "Ignore him like papa said, he's stupid and like- yeah stupid." Daisypaw murmured. Following Stagheart with Willowtail beside her.
Willowtail looked up and gave a gentle nod, not sure what to do, though when she looked at Summerbird she narrowed her eyes and pinned her ears for a moment, looking away with a shameful look. What had she done.... oh yeah. She'd been from Windclan. That wasn't her fault though!
Summerbird looked after the "happy" family, "Mutt" She growled, to Willowtail, only backing off as he saw Stagheart's bared teeth. "Loser, have to get your fake dad to protect you?" The cat taunted for a moment. Seeing Stagheart's second, fierce glare is what shut them up.

Oceanstar is the leader of Beachclan, he has a semi-open den policy. <33 Mention me where ever just Vm me first Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3 Blackberry is Moonclan's Medicine cat! He has a open den policy!! Softdove and Crowsong and the med cats of Treeclan and Fogclan, they have open den policies!
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa @/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here, hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers
૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა felix left a fawn here

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheartofthunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here
Old September 20th, 2024, 02:06 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Lionheart |

Maybe it wasn't very becoming of a Lionheart, but she didn't really have anything to say. Nothing that wasn't obvious, anyway. Naturally, though, it wasn't long before the rest of RiverClan chimed in, and the discussion quickly turned antagonistic. It wasn't really anything the leader hadn't heard a thousand times before, and there weren't any claws flying, but still something to keep a pulse on.

The yowls were growing louder and louder, their words sharper and dripping with disdain. Her shoulders tensed as she saw Waterlily become especially heated, even going as far as to begin pushing the leader.

Fight back! Heroneye pleaded silently, the pit in her stomach only growing as she saw Fadingstar's placid reaction--or lack thereof. Not literally, but... Tell everyone you'll work for as long as it will take to earn the Clan's trust! Tell them that you'll keep fighting tooth and claw for RiverClan until your dying breath! Do something, for StarClan's sake! Don't just let them push you out. Don't just let us go back to square one. But no such thing happened; Fadingstar continued to allow himself to be shoved away by the elder before disappearing into the forest.

Heroneye watched the scene unfold, blue eyes wide in bewilderment. He couldn't seriously have just... run away, right? The Lionheart shook her head, allowing her gaze to settle on the ground. Yes, surely he would be back soon. He couldn't just leave; that would be completely ridiculous! So Heroneye would just have to keep herself busy until then, just as Dusklion said, and everything would fall right back into place.

(open)
Old September 20th, 2024, 02:15 PM

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyme View Post
WE'LL BUILD A FIRE IN YOUR EYES
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
SALAMANDERPAW . 6 MOONS . SHE/HER . RIVERCLAN

A fading leader for the fading clan we've become...

Salamanderpaw, who rarely ever needs a reason to run her mouth, is quiet. She's sought out Tinytoad and now sticks so close to the warrior's side that their calico pelts almost appear as one. She's still upset with her, but that won't ever change the fact that Tinytoad is her mother. And right now, irritation be damned, Salamanderpaw wants her mom.

Real change is needed!

Can a leader be wrong?

They're not...supposed to be. That's what Salamanderpaw had thought, anyway, for the longest time. A leader can't be judged as a normal cat because they aren't—it isn't a normal cat. It is something changed. Something higher, greater, better than any normal cat can concieve of. That is what strength does: it transforms and it elevates. Fadingstar shouldn't be some lowly thing, calling for his cats to gather and belittle him as they are, now. This shouldn't have to happen. It isn't right. It isn't—strong. Fadingstar should glow. He should tower. He should pry the throats out of all these naysayers, shouldn't he? Because he's earned that right and he knows better than they do?

She keeps waiting for it. Wondering if she should close her eyes, if Tinytoad would tell her not to look. Fadingstar has to kill these cats, has to, because Salamanderpaw doesn't want to hear them anymore. Because what they're doing, they're not supposed to. It should be impossible. Nobody strong would be spoken out against like this, and a leader is strong. A leader should be strong. Infallible. Untouchable. And there, she can see from where she's hidden against her mother's flank, Waterlily shoves at him. The elder isn't stricken down by the action, doesn't turn to dust. Neither Starclan nor Fadingstar intervene to smite her for her insolence. Just kill her! Just get them all! Just do something—anything!

Had he always looked so small?

She doesn't have long to ponder. He's gone as soon as the thought occurs. So who's going to take care of us? Leaders are a thing that exist because normal cats can't be trusted by themselves. Hierarchy is normal; strength leads, as it should, because strength is the only thing worthy of that honor Something she's known and resented for some time, now, is that strong cats don't run. So it stands to reason that Fadingstar cannot be strong, can he? Cannot be worthy. Cannot be a leader. But he was. He was! He had to have been. You can't just pretend to be a leader, that's not how it works. It's something else. Something special. Even if Fadingstar hadn't been the strongest, once, surely becoming a leader would have changed everything?

But.

Salamanderpaw's ears ring and she feels uneasy. Ill. If any normal cat could lash out against power uncontested, unscathed, then there was no true power there. Maybe...maybe there had been. Right? There must have been. So what happened? What had been done to Fadingstar since the time he used to glow? To tower? Had it been the mountains that had drained him? Had a lingering wound from the raid done it?

When had weakness crept in?

Enough.

She twitches, not noticing she'd been all but burrowing into her mother for support. Dusklion is here. She had been, of course, but now she's talking. Leading. Towering. It's staggering, how immediate the comfort that brings is. Of course. Something awful might have happened to Fadingstar, but Dusklion was here, wasn't she? Had always been here, hadn't she? Salamanderpaw's ears twitch. There's a memory—one of her first—, brief and watery, of evacuation practice. Fadingstar had been the one to make the call, the day of the raid, but Dusklion had shown them how. It feels significant, somehow, but Salamanderpaw doesn't want to think anymore. Not if it's going to twist her head up and make her feel so awful. She wants someone else to do it.

"Tinytoad," she rasps quietly, nudging her mother. "What do I do?"

@Desert Rain Frog ; TINYMAMA

TINYTOAD
THE LOST MOTHER

She Doesnt Know What To Do. What Was Happening? Waterlily, A Skinny, Very Old Elder. Shoving The Leader. Who Looks So Small. So Weak. So Young. It Makes The Lost Mother's Heart Ache. Squeeze. She Wants So Badly To Run, After FadingStar. To Comfort Him The Way She Used To Her Kits. A Familiar Pelt Pressed To Her Own. Tinytoad Looked Down, Her Own Daughter, Was Leaned To Her Side. Tears Filled Her Eyes As She Muttered, Ever So Slightly. "Im Sorry. Im So Sorry. I Failed You. Failed Your Brother. Failed My Sister. She Muttered, In The Same Way Her Sister Did. The Ends Of The Lost Mother's Lips Turned Down, Trying Not To Bawl. Trying Not To Seem Weak Infront Of Her Kit. "I Dont Know, Manders. Wait, I Guess. Wait For FadingStar To Start Being A Leader, Or For Dusklion To." Her Eyes Moved From SalamanderPaw, To Where Dusklion Was Chasing Her Leader. Her Heart Cracked, Her Eyes Squeezed Shut. Some Cats Cant Be Strong Enough To Stay Held Together Forever. But Crying, My Dear, Is A Sign Of Being Broken. Not Being Able To Seem Strong. But, In A Way, Your Growing And Becoming Stronger. She Moved Her Tail Around Her Daughter.

From The Song "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked"

SILVS Is An Exiled ThunderClan Apprentice.
If He Is Needed, Mention Me.

Art Shop
-Art Contest
I Have My Own Book/Comic/Movie Series!
Closed Thread