by Rowan
Last post by Rowan
Today 10:05 AM

Old August 5th, 2022, 09:59 PM
I like birds and graves

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Robinscratch eventually lost the exhaustion from the dangerous kitting she experienced(OOC: maybe like almost a week timeskip?). “Elmshadow?” She meowed,”I- I think I'm ready to head into the nursery. If that’s fine with you first.” She peered down at the three kits near her belly and licked each of them on their tiny little heads. @Ravensong @Wingnettle @Starlily

(Wingnettle, sorry for the constant mentions lol)

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw

Last edited by RavensCall; August 5th, 2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old August 6th, 2022, 02:16 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Moonkit felt different voices, but she couldn't distinguish them. She knew there were others like her very close, but the only certainty was the sweet scent of milk from her mother's fur. She mewed hungrily, struggling to find the teats among the mewlings of his siblings.

(Don't worry! It's ok, now at 1 week they're ready to open their eyes) @Ashcloud of WindClan

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old August 6th, 2022, 06:19 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post

Hopekit’s eyes flew open, and she
jerked her head back once Elmshadow
had finished the burdock root. A small sting
arose, and she flung her paw onto the wound.
But right before her paw hit the bridge
of her nose, the pain slowly began
to fade… though very slowly.
’EY WHAT IS THA- Oh.”
She took her paw off her muzzle,
and looked up at Elmshadow. She
suddenly seemed to remember that
the Tom was now medicine cat of ShadowClan,
and he needed to be treated with respect.
My apologies for yelling,
Elmshadow.”

She meowed, and dipped her head.
Anyway… this stuff feels nice after a few moments- what is it called?”
She glanced at the used herb, and back at Elmshadow, curiously.
@Ravensong

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart

After spreading the poultice over the kit's nose, the dark medicine cat stood back but was instantly on edge as Hopekit's tinny voice echoed through the den. He wasn't one to doubt himself but using an untested herb on a kit had already left him unsure, the kit's cry made his pelt crawl with the uncertainty though he wasn't going to react, kits also had a tendency to be dramatic. Stinging was not life-threatening. Until the kit faltered and apologized, leading to a dismissive flick of his ear. He cocked his head at her report. Feels nice? He decided to keep that in mind. The stuff was bitter but seemed to have some benefits beyond deterring licking. He let his breath out, only just realizing he'd been holding it, and turned to begin cleaning up the scraps. Deciding to ignore her question rather than give her the answer that he wasn't actually sure what it was called as he didn't even know it had a use, Elmshadow simply responded, "You should be just fine now. Scamper on out and leave your nose alone to heal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcloud of WindClan View Post
Robinscratch eventually lost the exhaustion from the dangerous kitting she experienced(OOC: maybe like almost a week timeskip?). “Elmshadow?” She meowed,”I- I think I'm ready to head into the nursery. If that’s fine with you first.” She peered down at the three kits near her belly and licked each of them on their tiny little heads. @Ravensong @Wingnettle @Starlily

(Wingnettle, sorry for the constant mentions lol)

**Elmshadow**

Padding into the den, Elmshadow glanced at Robinscratch still taking up a nest in the den with her two mewling kits. He'd found himself spending more time away from his den than he had even before. While his two litters with Goldenstep were still in the nursery he'd spent so many nights surrounded by the warm scent of milk and constant shifting and small mewling so he could sleep beside his mate. Now those senses made his pelt crawl with emotions he didn't want to address. Goldenstep was gone, his kits were more or less estranged, but Robinscratch's presence dredged up too many memories. When she spoke to him, expressing her readiness to move into the nursery, the reluctance tightening Elmshadow's chest released and he gave her a small nod. Approaching the nest, he sniffed over the kits, knowing already that they were doing just fine, they'd been all but under his nose the whole past week. "Would you like help moving them over? And do you have a nest ready or would you like an apprentice to help get one ready for you?"

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 6th, 2022, 07:19 PM
I like birds and graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post

**Elmshadow**

Padding into the den, Elmshadow glanced at Robinscratch still taking up a nest in the den with her two mewling kits. He'd found himself spending more time away from his den than he had even before. While his two litters with Goldenstep were still in the nursery he'd spent so many nights surrounded by the warm scent of milk and constant shifting and small mewling so he could sleep beside his mate. Now those senses made his pelt crawl with emotions he didn't want to address. Goldenstep was gone, his kits were more or less estranged, but Robinscratch's presence dredged up too many memories. When she spoke to him, expressing her readiness to move into the nursery, the reluctance tightening Elmshadow's chest released and he gave her a small nod. Approaching the nest, he sniffed over the kits, knowing already that they were doing just fine, they'd been all but under his nose the whole past week. "Would you like help moving them over? And do you have a nest ready or would you like an apprentice to help get one ready for you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Moonkit felt different voices, but she couldn't distinguish them. She knew there were others like her very close, but the only certainty was the sweet scent of milk from her mother's fur. She mewed hungrily, struggling to find the teats among the mewlings of his siblings.

(Don't worry! It's ok, now at 1 week they're ready to open their eyes) @Ashcloud of WindClan
“I don’t have a nest ready, but I can make one for myself,” Robinscratch mewed. She didn’t want to be too much of a burden especially after her temporary disappearance. Robinscratch purred as Moonkit, Pinekit and Skykit huddled near her belly. “I’m sorry little ones.” She whispered,”We’re going to head into the nursery now.” She picked up the wriggling kits in her maw and walked toward the nursery.
@Starlily

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw

Last edited by RavensCall; August 6th, 2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old August 7th, 2022, 05:49 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Moonkit was dozing off at his mother's fur when suddenly, she felt lifted up by her scruff and she listened to the rhythmic paw steps. As soon as she came out of the medicine den, a fresh breeze bringing sweet and pungent scents touched her nose. She opened her eyes for the first time to see many blurry shapes moving around, talking and sharing tongues together. Light sunbeams filtered from the canopy of pine trees above and hit the clearing. Her home. The world outside was beautiful, colored and rich, and she looked forward to explore it all. @Ashcloud of WindClan @Starlily

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Last edited by Wingnettle; August 7th, 2022 at 06:07 AM.
Old August 7th, 2022, 06:19 AM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Never

~Hopekit~

Oh- Okay.” The small brown
Molly meowed, and dipped her head
to Elmshadow. “Again- thanks.”
She shook her pelt, and bounced out
of Elmshadow’s den. With one last grateful
glanceat the medicine cat, she bounded off
into the clearing.
@Ravensong

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; August 7th, 2022 at 06:19 AM.
Old August 8th, 2022, 06:10 AM
I like birds and graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Moonkit was dozing off at his mother's fur when suddenly, she felt lifted up by her scruff and she listened to the rhythmic paw steps. As soon as she came out of the medicine den, a fresh breeze bringing sweet and pungent scents touched her nose. She opened her eyes for the first time to see many blurry shapes moving around, talking and sharing tongues together. Light sunbeams filtered from the canopy of pine trees above and hit the clearing. Her home. The world outside was beautiful, colored and rich, and she looked forward to explore it all. @Ashcloud of WindClan @Starlily
Robinscratch held the three kits in her maw and walked toward the ShadowClan nursery.
@Starlily

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old August 14th, 2022, 08:08 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: on hiatus until ~9/12- do not bump
My Mood: Distracted

Shadowfur burst in with Hailpaw grasped in his jaws. He set the young tom down as carefully as possible. He saw that Hailpaw’s paw was still bleeding profusely, greatly concerning him. “He stepped on some jagged Twoleg thing, and cut his paw,” he reported. He waited anxiously for a response.

( @Lakestorm @Ravensong )
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; please post at the abandoned den and tag me! If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 14th, 2022, 08:39 PM
Sneaky blue boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post
Shadowfur burst in with Hailpaw grasped in his jaws. He set the young tom down as carefully as possible. He saw that Hailpaw’s paw was still bleeding profusely, greatly concerning him. “He stepped on some jagged Twoleg thing, and cut his paw,” he reported. He waited anxiously for a response.

( @Lakestorm @Ravensong )
Hailpaw fluttered his eyes open but then shut then and went unconscious again
Old August 15th, 2022, 01:50 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
@Cherry~ @Lakestorm [So all of the twoleg plot was technically supposed to happen in the Twoleg Invasion thread. Since it’s already not been and it’s not using any herbs we can finish it out here and assume this occurred before the current evacuation in progress?]

Among the chaos slowly taking over the camp outside his den, the stoic tom tried to focus on his duties, organizing the herbs within his den, until the relative peace of his den was shattered by an intrusion. Elmshadow’s ears twisted first, instinctually at the sudden commotion, followed directly by his head whipping around. A warrior was carrying an apprentice, the stench of blood suffocated the overwhelming herb scent, making the air heavy and nauseating. Shadowfur was quick to set Hailpaw down and get into a hardly helpful explanation. Without standing around to listen to the warrior’s words, Elmshadow spun and grabbed wads of cobwebs to then rush over to the bleeding apprentice. Whatever had cut him would potentially need herbs but the profuse bleeding was forefront in the medicine cat’s concerns; if he couldn’t stop the bleeding the potential for infection was hardly noteworthy. Pulling away at the cobwebs, Elmshadow worked quickly trying to press the sinewy strands over the bubbling paw pads, wrapping strands around the paws in an attempt to keep it all together and pressured. As his paws worked diligently, he questioned bruskly, ”What happened? Where did you find twoleg stuff?” More twoleg stuff littering the forest, especially stuff that could do this kind of damage, was a concern, the clan would need to be made aware of it. He huffed mildly as the cobwebs continued to turn red as the blood soaked through. He peeled away layers of soiled webs, leaving the bottom-most layers and wrapping fresh ones over the top.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing