Last post by Eucalyptuspaw
Today 10:56 AM

Old January 17th, 2023, 02:28 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

ShadowClan Re: ShadowClan Clearing

RUMBLEWOLF ( open for interactions )
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
➣ Sharp teeth sank into the rubbery skin of a frog that rested between the muscular tom’s paws as he laid in a secluded corner of the camp clearing. His dark amber-hued eyes focused down and onto his lunch, never straying away for even a second as he quietly ate. The mild taste of fresh prey-blood on his tongue was familiar and as comforting as something could be to a cat like Rumblewolf. Today was a day like any other, with nothing really interesting or out of the ordinary happening by the ShadowClan warrior's own standards. He had woken up early, gotten some breakfast, cleaned his fur, set out on a lone morning hunt, just now returning from such to treat himself to some lunch. Rumblewolf had always set a routinely daily schedule for himself that he often never strayed from, so that he was almost always busy and never idly just sitting around. There was always work that needed to be done around here.

Chewing contently on a chunk of meat, Rumblewolf gulped it down before taking another hefty bite, swiping his tongue over his muzzle. Frogs tended to be his go-to meals, though the same was probably said for most of ShadowClan. What, did you expect something unique? No, afraid not. He was a tom-cat who knew what he liked and often stuck to it, hardly going out of his comfort zone to change such unless truly necessary. Though, Rumblewolf had to admit that the more he ate, the thirstier he became. Eh, he'd fetch a drink for himself when he went out hunting next, which would be after he finished his lunch. Tearing another sliver of meat off the slimy critter, Rumblewolf snarfed it down without hesitation, lifting a large paw and covering his mouth as a small burp bubbled up from his stomach. More chewing ensued, followed by even more draws of his tongue over the sides of his muzzle. Once he was finished, leaving nothing but tiny bones behind, the dark-grey warrior buried the now-eaten carcass in the muck off to the side. Unsheathing one of his front claws, Rumblewolf bared his top row of teeth, mindlessly picking at bits of frog that were stuck there. His tufted ears twitched, flicking away bugs.

Last edited by Captain; January 17th, 2023 at 02:32 PM. Reason: format was messed up
Old January 17th, 2023, 02:42 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Dovefluff

"As do I." She murmured softly, slipping into a more comfortable postion (one of the few that actually were comfortable, it was hard to succeed at that when you're twice as round as you usually are), recalling a lighthearted, brief dream she had had a few nights ago. Dreaming of.... flowers and birds chirping. She had always been a fan of birds, hence her name. Like her mother was psychic or something. "I do quite miss waking up to bird song every morning." The silky gray queen startled herself with how random that sounded, but chose not to fret over it too much.

Smiling and nodding, feeling her catbrows instinctively raise in excitement at the thought of her kits (somehow someone talking about them like they actually existed solidified the reality of this situation) growing up. "They'll definitely welcome the warm sun after spending their first moon or two in the cold." The familiar twinge of worry followed. Would it be too cold for them? Certainly not. Lots of kits were born in leaf-bare, and they all made it.

Well, most of them.

( @SuspiciousMindz )

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; January 17th, 2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old January 17th, 2023, 02:54 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps

Wolfpeak

The massive warrior ducked out of the warrior's den, fur smooth as a result of a tedious morning-grooming session he had forced himself through. After all, he had to look professional. If only to make up for what the rest of his family lacked in some cases. For example, Silverbird, who clearly had a mate outside of the Clan. Embarrassing. Dishonorable. Not his problem, no one had evidence enough to make it his problem, so she was reluctantly forgiven. Not after they had yelled at each other for an hour about it, though.

Another good example, his son, picking food out of his teeth in the middle of the clearing. "Fantastic manners, son." He rumbled as he approached, tone was strict and dry as always, but his teasing, almost mocking smile softened it to just a father's banter with his son. "I like to think that you got it from your mother's side of the family, but let's be real." Obviously the majority of bad qualities came from his insane, barbaric biker gang extended family. Luckily, most of them had died or left ShadowClan, which, contrary to what most would expect, brought him a lot more relief than sorrow over the loss.

Without asking (he was the father, why should he ask?) the massive tomcat (who could stand at eye level to the gigantic Dawnstar, not that he planned on getting that close to the lady) plopped down to side beside the other tomcat. "How've you been? Other than peeling frog out from between your teeth in public." He glanced downwards at his son. yes, he criticized them, but he blamed it on the way his father treated him. yes, lame rebuttal, but still. It was all he knew. And he tried to dial it down. Like now, he could snap at Rumbewolf to correct his posture, but he didn't.

Progress.

( @canineantics - I know we role-play a lot so if you would rather wait for a different, newer rp partner, feel free to ignore this! My feelings will not be hurt, I'll completely understand )

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; January 17th, 2023 at 03:01 PM.
Old January 17th, 2023, 03:34 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

@canineantics

FeatherStone sat in the clearing listening to the endless chatter inside the camp, she awaited patrols to be called to resume her regular routine; Wake up, Groom, Await patrols, The possible lone hunt, help out around camp then sleep. Nothing more Nothing less. With a grumble she sat up and padded away from her spot, to check on elkshadow; maybe he was hungry. To her surprise however, A cat lay in her path.
"Hello." She spoke gruffly
Old January 18th, 2023, 08:16 AM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
Mirehound
Slinking out from the warriors den with their blue eyes already piercing the night time shadows, Mirehound observed those Clanmates that were still out and about. Not as many as the day time, which was an utter shame if you asked her. ShadowClan was known for their prowess, their devotion and loyalty to the darkness. So why weren't more cats slithering about? Were they scared? Dark Forest above, they sure hoped not. The beginnings of a sinister grin crept across their face as she eventually found herself near the camp's entrance.

"I plan to do a bit of night hunting, if there are any cats out there who don't scare easily." Her voice was silky smooth but had a distinct quality to it, almost snake-like in a sense. Growing was the grin as the black rosetted tabby took a seat to await any potential cats to accompany them on her little mission. A hunt was her goal but... there was a particular sort of prey she was after.

[ closed - @dino. time for sibling chaos ]

☄. *. ⋆ Iciclestrike
The large silver bengal silently strode over to one of their siblings, tail flicking lightly, "I'll go hunting with you, I don't know where Starrycrash is at the moment." their voice was quiet but strong as their hazel eyes looked around the the camp for the last of sibling trio.

Truly they were glad they were able to get out of the camp, lately the warriors have been weak and lazy with the cold weather. They should be casted out because they are basically freeloading on the hard work of other warriors. Their tail lashed at the thoughts and their hazel eyes began to just glare at any unfortunate Shadowclan warrior.
@dino. [ sibling chaos!! ]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old January 18th, 2023, 11:08 AM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
Mirehound
Slinking out from the warriors den with their blue eyes already piercing the night time shadows, Mirehound observed those Clanmates that were still out and about. Not as many as the day time, which was an utter shame if you asked her. ShadowClan was known for their prowess, their devotion and loyalty to the darkness. So why weren't more cats slithering about? Were they scared? Dark Forest above, they sure hoped not. The beginnings of a sinister grin crept across their face as she eventually found herself near the camp's entrance.

"I plan to do a bit of night hunting, if there are any cats out there who don't scare easily." Her voice was silky smooth but had a distinct quality to it, almost snake-like in a sense. Growing was the grin as the black rosetted tabby took a seat to await any potential cats to accompany them on her little mission. A hunt was her goal but... there was a particular sort of prey she was after.

[ closed - @dino. time for sibling chaos ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus. View Post
☄. *. ⋆ Iciclestrike
The large silver bengal silently strode over to one of their siblings, tail flicking lightly, "I'll go hunting with you, I don't know where Starrycrash is at the moment." their voice was quiet but strong as their hazel eyes looked around the the camp for the last of sibling trio.

Truly they were glad they were able to get out of the camp, lately the warriors have been weak and lazy with the cold weather. They should be casted out because they are basically freeloading on the hard work of other warriors. Their tail lashed at the thoughts and their hazel eyes began to just glare at any unfortunate Shadowclan warrior.
@dino. [ sibling chaos!! ]
starrycrash === >
A massive white form melted out of the warriors' den at Mirehound's call, and ran their tongue over the fangs that stuck out of their upper jaw. Dull blue eyes that appeared almost lifeless locked onto Mirehound and Iciclestrike.

Starrycrash stuck out in ShadowClan like a sore thumb. Huge (though certainly nowhere near Dawnstar's size), graceless, thick fure as bright as Silverpelt itself - sometimes they wondered if they were meant for another Clan, instead, but they had always felt at home here despite their oddities. Their ears swiveled to pick up whatever words were exhanged between their siblings as they lumbered across the clearing to stand beside Iciclestrike.

"Here," they rumbled. They had no idea what their siblings were up to, but this was Mirehound who was taking them out - they were obligated to go along, of course.
Old January 18th, 2023, 02:13 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Queenly

Mirehound
Ah. It had been sometime since they had gotten a chance to hunt with their siblings, so as both Iciclestrike and Starrycrash slunk up to her, Mirehound let a grin spread across her dark face. They always seemed to come at her call, to which she had grown accustomed to. It was small practice for... later.

But enough thoughts about that. Blue eyes swept over the two and she gave a nod. "I hope you've both kept your claws sharp. Follow me." Between the three of them she was certain they would be able to accomplish the goal Mirehound had in mind. Whisking around she set a steady pace out of the camp and into the dark pine forest of ShadowClan.

[ @perseus. @dino. - I'll be creating a private thread! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old January 18th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 3 days/24 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

Pumpinglare exited camp to go hunting or something.

Hollowkit glared at her denmates and wondered why she wasn't made into an apprentice yet.

Lynxblossom basked in the sun.
Old January 18th, 2023, 04:37 PM
formerly estelle.

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbone View Post

"Yeah, of course I rememer you! You're my friend Fly!" Foxpaw said in a hype tone. She shoulder nudged her friend. "How old are you Fly? Hopefully you'll be an apprentice soon cuz then our friendship could be more consistent. We could be training buddies!" She said excitedly. "But for now, I just wanna show you what i've learned and maybe you can copy some of it? like a hunters crouch or a battle move or 2." She said, speaking fast and all at once.

. ⋅˚̣-: ✧:– ⭒Butterflykit⭒ –:✧ :-˚̣⋅ .

Training buddies? Battle moves?

Butterflykit didn't really think about that stuff. In fact, they half-forgot that they'd be an apprentice soon. It just seemed a little unimportant in their eyes, but it wasn't a bad thing to learn. They'd have to do that for their mentor eventually, so maybe knowing things earlier would set them up for success. They mostly expected their mentor to be someone who hated them, or if they were lucky, just ignored them, but if they didn't fail at things, it could potentially be better than that, right?

"Okay." They mewed quietly with a gentle nod and smile.

Butterflykit kind of agreed because of the mentor thing, but they also were terrible at saying no. Especially to Foxpaw. Foxpaw was liked by cats and she was good at the things she did and she was respected. Butterflykit envied cats like that. They couldn't help but yearn to be like that, but that wasn't something they could admit right now. All they knew is that being... friends... was an opportunity.

(i totally forgot butterfly needed to take the kit curriculum classes but as soon as they do that i believe they can be an apprentice!)

┍----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┑
character Website
https://mintyswcocats.webador.com/

┕----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┙

bump me after 72 hours + I'll usually be online from 3pm-7pm (CT)
Old January 18th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RUMBLEWOLF ( @jupiter )
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
➣ And of course, may the stars forbid him from having any peace while he finished up his lunch. Hearing the familiar condescending voice of his father, the large gray-furred tomcat slowly looked up from the ground to meet the gigantic ShadowClan warrior's gaze with his usual calm, neutral expression. Piss off, old man. Rumblewolf muttered within his thoughts with clear bitter resentment. However, on the outside, only a simple one-word greeting was uttered, showing little to no reaction to his birth parent's remark. “Father.” He said lowly in his usual incredibly deep tone, sheathing his long claws and returning his right paw to rest over his left comfortably. Much like the vast majority of ShadowClan, Wolfpeak was quite intimidating, very strict and had always set high expectations for his children: Rumblewolf being one of them. However, he was not scared of his father, nor did he feel threatened by the smoke-black warrior. Regardless of Wolfpeak's harsh parenting style, the fluffy grey-furred tomcat knew this was his father's own twisted way of bonding with him. Lucky him that he was the one the older warrior chose to harass today, out of his many children. Rumblewolf bit back the urge to sigh irritably.

His long ears twitched to Wolfpeak's comment about his mother, but chose not to respond. There was no question that the muscular, unnerving tom took after his father, both in appearance and personality. Rumblewolf didn't even think about what likeness he had from his birth mother. Such thoughts never crossed his mind. It was pointless anyway, and a waste of time where he could be doing something actually useful. To his dismay, it appeared this wasn't just a simple hello-and-goodbye situation, as his father made no hesitation to flop down into the empty space beside him. Rumblewolf wasn't surprised, though internally he knew this was going to throw off his carefully planned-out day. Silently biting down on his tongue, he listened to Wolfpeak ask how he was doing, not without another jab at his eating habits. Asshole. Shut up. His inner voice hissed, but again, his outer-self was calm, blank, showing no reaction to his father's mocking tone. It wasn't like he was putting on an embarrassing display in the center of camp or something. Rumblewolf knew very well, however, that he could breath wrong, and Wolfpeak would see it as disrespect. There was no winning at this so-called game that his father played.

“Fine.” He answered, again, in a low tone, “Hunting after this.” Rumblewolf strived to say as few words as possible, even to his own family. As he sat this, the grey-furred tomcat could feel Wolfpeak's piercing gaze, and after a few seconds of silence, the hefty ShadowClan warrior corrected his posture. He made no comment to it, nor drew any attention to the action as he did it. Rumblewolf had been snapped at before for slouching and he was hardly in the mood to have his father roaring in his ear. He sat up from his laid-down position, straightening himself and holding his head high. Rumblewolf, despite everything, would always be what twolegs would call a "people-pleaser", though he would despise the word if he knew of it. Hesitation. "You?" The large dark-gray warrior asked, basically returning the gesture of asking how he was doing. Though he could only imagine what his beast of a father was up to.
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
( Still getting a feel of Rumble's personality through these posts, don't mind me, haha. )

Last edited by Captain; January 18th, 2023 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typos ugh