Today 12:58 AM

Old May 27th, 2023, 11:10 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
"Oh yes, go right ahead." Hawkshade chuckled as Cracklepaw muttered something about the moss being flea-infested, turning to the red-faced molly that defended him. "No worries, it's not flea infested. I wouldn't have comfortably carried flea-infested materials in my mouth..." He trailed off, quickly canceling the thought in his mind. A chill crawled its way down his spine, spiking the fur along his back. Eeugh. Stars, no!

When the deputy approached him, Hawkshade straightened and shook his head. "Not at all, please help yourself." He returned her grateful look with a genuine smile. Bumblebreak was one of the few cats he admired and respected around here. He hadn't even seen Thrushstar since the sinkening...which was annoying, since he had something he wished to discuss with him. Thoughts clouded the warrior's mind as he watched his Clanmates gleefully pick the materials he collected.

Then his eyes lit up.

"Oh, uh, hey Bumblebreak-" He mewed, ears perking. "I apologize to bring this up so informally, but...do you know why we don't have any Keepers besides Flameheart at the moment?" His eyes wandered the overgrown clearing, briefly searching for the large molly. "I've been meaning ask Thrushstar about it, but I haven't seen him around really..." His eyes gravitated back up to the cream-and-brown tabby, dilating with curiosity.

Hawkshade did not care to beat around the bush. If something needed to be done, he did it. If something was on his mind, he says it. And with ThunderClan in such a vulnerable state right now, he had no interest in twiddling his paws like some of his Clanmates. There was work to be done, and with their lack of leadership and role models, ThunderClan's building plans are gonna go slower than dirt.

@Leafí @Rose @dino.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Admittedly, Wolfkit didn't know what was going on, but he saw his favorite cat just above the overgrown leaves and wanted to visit with her!!

The tiny warrior bounced through the brush, aiming to crash into one of Bumblebreak's legs. "Bumba!" He may have developed the ability to talk, but it was faaar from fluent and endlessly squeaky. "help?" She seemed busy, so he'd be busy too!

Oh, there was another cat here that wasn't his Bumbleparent. Wolfkit blinked at Hawkshade before looking back up at Bumblebreak with wide eyes. With limited understanding, he was more comfortable with the guidance of her than the less familiar cat. "help!!"

[ @dino. @Jester ]

bumblebreak === >
"Thanks, Hawkshade. Appreciate it."

Bumblebreak was preparing to step away when the younger tom caught her with another question. For a brief moment she only blinked at him—then her ears flipped back and a dark look of irritation shifted her expression. Stars, she had more than half a mind to tear Thrushstar down from his pedestal herself and take over everything. The thought displayed itself clearly in her voice, sharp and angry.

"I haven't the faintest damned clue. Flameheart can't be 'Head Keeper' if she's the only one. Don't know where Thrushstar has gotten off to, either. Tell you what, next time you see him, call me over and we can shred his ears together."

The only thing Thrushstar had to show for being leader was his name, apparently. Nothing more. "If he doesn't get the Keepers in order soon, I'll do it for him."

There was a rustling of leaves, and then a tiny force latched onto her leg. Bumblebreak glanced down and beamed at Wolfkit. "Hey, pipsqueak. You said my name." Kind of. Close enough. She pushed the scraps of moss toward him. "Wanna help me with my nest?"

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 27th, 2023, 11:33 AM
dum spiro, spero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
It had been a bit of time after the sinkhole and for thunderclan things slowly seemed to be returning to normal.

Not that Buzzy would know. They just got here.

Ah but they werent Buzzy anymore! The tripod kept having to remind themselves! Upon returning to the clan and meeting that leader guy (Finch?... Starling?... Ah whatever the star dude who apparently was now leading thunderclan. Whatever happened to deer guy or stripy lady?) Buzzy had gotten a new name! It hurt a little to leave behind the old one, Buzzy or Buzzkit was important to them, it was the name their mother gave them, but it was one that no longer fit. Buzzkit was a girl, a child, and they.... werent that. And Buzzy was a rogue, an outsider, not a thunderclan cat. So the tripod being here, being who they were and being thunderclan once more all at once warranted a name that fit that.

So they requested a change and it was one they got. Mudhound. The new warrior rather liked it. They were themselves and unique but had marking of their family in their name still.

Changes for a changed clan, it fit.
Speaking of that thunderclan had changed. The leader was different Mudhound had just discovered that, the deputy was different they were told long before arrival by Houndspirit's spirit (hehe) and even the camp was different! Apparently the old one had sunk? Mudhound didnt get it. The new camp wasnt bad though, it was nice to not be in a place they last remembered for being location of the end of their mother, and Mudhound knew that could come to call this home.

That wasnt important right now though! The large cat was here for one reason and one reason alone! They had come to thunderclan for this reason even, leaving comfort and (probably angry) family behind! Mudhound was here to recover a long lost sibling! Bum-bum was apparently a deputy now! And Bumblebreak! (The flop eared cat didnt get the name but eh whatever not their name not their business) And a girl! Good for her!

This sibling had been without Mudhounds happy company for too long and it was time to fix that! It was reunion time~

Now just to find Bumblebreak.... That might be harder then anticipated.

You see it'd been years and Mudhound didnt exactly fully remember what their littlemate looked like. It had been so long and all memories faded into a blur eventually.... Mudhound knew scent lingered longer however.

So here they were, snaking back and forth across the camp probably looking mad tail wagging wildly in the air in excitement. The giant tripod cat didnt care if their (new? returned?) clanmated thought them a loon they were looking for that whiff of scent they knew to indicate they'd found their sibling. And eventually they did, head snapping up to stare at the smaller cat entering the clearing.

A ecstatic grin grew... and grew... until the new warrior exploded into motion happily charging at the deputy with a swinging tail to leap into the air into an attempted tackle hug. Ok maybe it was more of a tackle squish but with Mudhound's enthusiasm and comparative size it was inevitable if the affection landed.

"BUMBLE!!!!! IM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU ITS BEEN SO LONG!!! YOU'RE SMALL! I DIDNT EXPECT YOU TO BE SMALL LIKE GRIZZLY BUT ITS GOOD!!! DIDJA MISS ME?!!!"

The joy was deafening.

@dino.

bumblebreak === >
Bumblebreak trotted down the dip that led into camp, just returning from a brief run through the territory. She'd been expecting to do a lap around the clearing, check on those who needed to be checked on and even those who didn't.

She was not expecting to be slam-tackled out of nowhere.

A heavy forced slammed into her and knocked her into the ground, piercingly loud words assaulting her ears. With a furious snarl, Bumblebreak twisted back to her feet and arched her back at her attacker, fur bristling. "What the HELL?" she spat. "You can't just go around tackling whoever you want! Who even are you?"

An outsider Thrushstar had allowed in? Bumblebreak wanted to bite his nose off, Sweetsong-style, if that was the case, because they didn't have the resources to handle outsiders at the moment. But this cat thought she knew her, and while there was something very vaguely familiar about her, Bumblebreak was far too angry in the moment to give a rat's ass.

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 27th, 2023, 12:44 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Wolfkit had found a hiding place in undergrowth near the nursery, his eyes gleaming with mischief. He had been planning this ambush the second he spied Frogkit on top of the den, and he couldn't wait to see the look on Frogkit's face when they sprung their trap. He let out a low, barely audible purr as he called over to Fireflykit and Lightningkit, voice broken squeaks. "Help-" what was the word? "a-bush Frogkit!" He'd never know what hit him!

Lightningkit looked up at a small cry, her ears perking. A-bush? Erhmm.... that didn't sound like a word. Or maybe it was, and she didn't know it yet! Ooh ooh, new words, new words are fun! She looked around for the source of the noise, before spotting another kit maybe her age. Uh- what was his name? Wo...ifie? Wolfkit? Hm, Wolfie was such a pretty name. Maybe he wouldn't mind her calling him that. But why was he in the undergrowth being all sneaky. Hm hm hm. Curiouser and curiouser.

The little kit bounded closer to Wolfkit, peering at him with large eyes. "Wolfie, why're you in the bush?" She asked in a whisper shout. Maybe he was hiding from someone, and was playing a game. Like hide and seek!

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "
Old May 27th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Thumbs up Re: ThunderClan Clearing

The hopeful light in Hawkshade's eyes fizzled out at Bumblebreak's reply, ears drooping slightly. How disappointing. Not even the deputy knows where the leader is or what he's doing. At least she seemed to care, though, and he was more than satisfied with her confrontation idea. "Definitely. I'll give you a holler if I find him. Still super strange that not even you know where he is."

..."Bumba!"

His attention was instantly drawn to the gray kitten at their paws, crashing into Bumblebreak like a little ram. Uhh...Wolfkit, was it? The one that squeaks a lot, yeah! "Oh, hello there." He purred, waving the tip of his tail. As Bumblebreak suggested the idea of letting Wolfkit help build her nest, Hawkshade nook note of the tiny bit of moss and single jay feather left over. "Oh wow, those went quick." He muttered to himself in a pleased tone. His tiny paw batted the black, white, and blue striped feather toward Wolfkit. "Ever seen a blue jay feather, kit? They're pretty. I like to think of them as good omens, so I tend to keep them for good luck whenever I see one."

@dino. @BEAR.

Last edited by Doom; May 27th, 2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old May 27th, 2023, 04:36 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
bumblebreak === >
Bumblebreak was exhausted.

She had managed to get a minimal amount of sleep earlier in the day, but it hadn't lasted long, and it hadn't been at all relaxing. Despite the size of the log Thrushstar had chosen for the den, the close proximity—or even the thought of it, honestly—made her incredibly uncomfortable. The discomfort coupled with the anger she felt for the leader currently had made her bundle up her nest the moment she awoke and haul it outside.

That was what she was doing now: crossing the clearing to the warriors' den with her nest in her jaws. Until she crossed paths with what was possibly the single pelt she would be even remotely happy to see at the moment, other than Asterdance and maybe Softsky.

Bumblebreak set the bunch of moss next to her paws and leaned forward so that her forehead could rest briefly against Gentledoe's curly fur. "Hey," she murmured softly. "I'm walking, so... I'm okay. Are you?"

GENTLEDOE
messy-furred brown she-cat with heterochromia.
she/her

With a purr, Gentledoe offered a lick to Bumblebreak's shoulder. She allowed the she-cat to rest against her fur, looking at the materials she had dropped. Oh dear, had she yet to take a rest? Bicolored eyes softened, looking toward he deputy worriedly.

"I am doing alright, love. I have not done nearly as much as you," she responded, a small part of her feeling guilty at the fact, "Please, come with me to rest, darling. Only for a little while, yes? You may continue to work after you have allowed your paws to relax. And I will help if needed." It was clear Bumblebreak was exhausting herself. It would be rude to allow the she-cat to continue whilst she sat back and took a (rather unnecessary, if she was honest) nap.

Waving her tail to gently brush it against Bumblebreak's side, Gentledoe attempted to lead her toward the edge of the camp. She settled down, lowering onto her side and leaving room for the other to sit beside her, lips curling into a smile. Waiting for Bumblebreak, she looked around the camp, the swirling guilt within her rising more. The camp was still rather overgrown, and yet she had done nothing other than take Spiderthroat out hunting for herbs with her. It was how it always was, she was so... lazy.

But change wasn't necessarily her thing... was it?

Hm.
[ @dino. ]

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 27th, 2023, 08:40 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Welp, it’s not like I had anything better to do, Daisyvine thought as she padded over to join the patrol that she had been voluntold to join. The tunnel collapse still had her shook and she was tired of gawking at this crazy overgrown camp they had been forced into.

[ @Starfall @Rose ]

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old May 28th, 2023, 11:01 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Spiderthroat
@naiad ; @Rose

The Calico had jumped into the Clan Clearing. His coat was covered in dirt, and he had an open gash on his shoulder. Blood still trickling. His fur was messed up, and disheveled. His pawpads were even bleeding. Taking a moment to catch his breath the Warrior looked around the Clearing. Ears flicking.

He didn't want to make a scene, ThunderClan didn't need this added stress. If things went wrong, he would inform...well...whoever was doing anything. He didn't even care if it was that Medicine Cat.

"Oi. You two. Come with me." he barked, it was an order. There wasn't any room for argument. "Sundust had fallen in a Tunnel Collapse. The territory is still in a weak state. I need help finding him, he fell in on my watch." he explained.

Hopefully, that would do it. Spark enough interest for the two of them to follow his lead. He'd take them towards the ShadowClan border. He didn't even wait to see if they were following, simply turning heel, swiftly making his way back out into the Territory.

GENTLEDOE
she/her

Gentledoe had been attempting to fight with some stubborn moss covering the ground when she heard Spiderthroat talk. Her ears perked, bicolored eyes coming to focus on the calico tom. He appeared to be injured, the blood on his pelt making that much obvious. What had happened? Oh. Oh dear. Sundust fell into a hole? Gentledoe sighed, lips pulling into a frown. She had yet to see Sundust since before the former camp collapsed, yet here he was. Or, well, wasn't.

She had begun to make her way towards him, willing to volunteer, but he had already called forward two other cats. Ah, she wasn't needed, alright. It would be dangerous to bring too many with how the territory was unstable still. So, Gentledoe watched the calico make his way back out of camp, a worried expression blatant on her face. She could only hope Sundust was alright. Or, well, as alright as he could be from falling into a hole.

Looking toward the medicine den, Gentledoe's frown deepened. If Sundust were to die, what would come of the Clan's safety? Had Cinderpaw learned all that she needed to? It had been multiple moons since Cinderpaw was announced as medicine cat apprentice, right? Gentledoe's ears pulled flat against her head. If ThunderClan didn't have sufficient healers, then what were they to do? The Clan's safety was suppose to be top priority, wasn't it?

Gentledoe shook her head, spinning around to return to her task of collecting moss from the overgrown camp. She could only wish that there was more she would be able to do. The state of ThunderClan... it worried her greatly. She wanted to help her home, her Clanmates... but how?

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥

Last edited by lio; May 28th, 2023 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 28th, 2023, 11:05 AM
dum spiro, spero

bumblebreak === > @Starfall for viewing purposes
Not a single day of peace in this starsforsaken Clan.

Bumblebreak's gaze flickered over Spiderthroat's battered form from across the clearing. With a sharp exhale as the words reached her ears, she rose quickly to her paws to intercept him—but he was already leaving.

Momentarily she debated going after him as well, but she couldn't in good faith leave the brand-new, unfamiliar camp in the paws of an absent leader and an immature medicine cat. That was a recipe for a disaster of the largest kind.

Ears swiveling with concern, Bumblebreak tossed Gentledoe a brief glance before taking up a seat by the camp's entrance to keep an eye out for the patrol's return.

Old May 28th, 2023, 12:29 PM
dum spiro, spero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio View Post

GENTLEDOE
she/her

With a purr, Gentledoe offered a lick to Bumblebreak's shoulder. She allowed the she-cat to rest against her fur, looking at the materials she had dropped. Oh dear, had she yet to take a rest? Bicolored eyes softened, looking toward he deputy worriedly.

"I am doing alright, love. I have not done nearly as much as you," she responded, a small part of her feeling guilty at the fact, "Please, come with me to rest, darling. Only for a little while, yes? You may continue to work after you have allowed your paws to relax. And I will help if needed." It was clear Bumblebreak was exhausting herself. It would be rude to allow the she-cat to continue whilst she sat back and took a (rather unnecessary, if she was honest) nap.

Waving her tail to gently brush it against Bumblebreak's side, Gentledoe attempted to lead her toward the edge of the camp. She settled down, lowering onto her side and leaving room for the other to sit beside her, lips curling into a smile. Waiting for Bumblebreak, she looked around the camp, the swirling guilt within her rising more. The camp was still rather overgrown, and yet she had done nothing other than take Spiderthroat out hunting for herbs with her. It was how it always was, she was so... lazy.

But change wasn't necessarily her thing... was it?

Hm.
[ @dino. ]

bumblebreak === >
Bumblebreak let her eyes close for a moment before she pulled away. No, she couldn't rest. She still had things to do, dens to check on, a clearing to clean up, cats to look over. But Gentledoe was already leading her along, and she found that she didn't have much strength in her to resist. With a grunt of protest, she settled down next to Gentledoe and curled her tail around herself, her muscles groaning in relief.

"Feels like I'm the only one doing anything around here," she muttered, eyes already closing again. "Thrushstar has done nothing at all, Cinderpaw just apparently doesn't care about things that need caring about, and half the Clan's been reduced to slugs."

Picking up the slack was exhausted. She let her head slump against Gentledoe's shoulder. "Jaystride's gone, I'm so damn tired, but stuff needs to get done and I... I can't sit down for long or it'll never get done."

Old May 28th, 2023, 01:18 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
bumblebreak === >
Bumblebreak trotted down the dip that led into camp, just returning from a brief run through the territory. She'd been expecting to do a lap around the clearing, check on those who needed to be checked on and even those who didn't.

She was not expecting to be slam-tackled out of nowhere.

A heavy forced slammed into her and knocked her into the ground, piercingly loud words assaulting her ears. With a furious snarl, Bumblebreak twisted back to her feet and arched her back at her attacker, fur bristling. "What the HELL?" she spat. "You can't just go around tackling whoever you want! Who even are you?"

An outsider Thrushstar had allowed in? Bumblebreak wanted to bite his nose off, Sweetsong-style, if that was the case, because they didn't have the resources to handle outsiders at the moment. But this cat thought she knew her, and while there was something very vaguely familiar about her, Bumblebreak was far too angry in the moment to give a rat's ass.

Ok so the tackle hug hadnt gone exactly to plan but while it was working the moment of contact the siblings had was very nice in Mudhounds mind. So shaking their head a little and refocusing on Bumblebreak the tripods tail did not stop expressing joy, despite the harsh and disheartening words slung at them.

Sure it hurt a bit to be just a stranger to their own littermate but Mudhound didnt recognize Bumblebreak either and they at least had the heads up on thinking about them from Houndspirit-sis so it was understandable. Best not to let that sting linger and shake it off, hence the shake of the head. The large cat would just have to jog their siblings memory manually it seemed and honestly for the eventual happy pay off they werent at all upset to do so!

They refused to think on the worry that this still might not end well when the air was cleared though, that'd hurt.

"Its me Bumble! Buzzy! Well I guess Buzzkit if you wanted to be all formal and its not my name any longer but I dont remember us ever calling eachother full names I think..... It was so long ago though I may be wrong hmmm....."

They trailed off for a moment gaze distant chewing on their lip before refocusing.
"Ah but its me! And you! I came back! I know its been a long time but I had a dream with Hound-sis and she told me you were here so I came back to thunderclan! Wow things are different though, I almost cant believe it. Whatever happened to the misty lady whatever her name was though I thought she was gonna be leader?"

The confusion was honest and probably bitter to see from someone who didnt understand and live through thunderclans leadership turmoil but in the siblings childhood these problems werent as apparent. These werent important right now though, not really the questions only a byproduct of Mudhounds constantly wandering mind. And as was typical of them they soon refocused sitting and purring at their kin, smiling softly as they admitted, immune to all hostility.

"It is... Really nice to see you, you look good. I missed you a whole lot."