Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
ROLEPLAY ☆ ROUND-UP
by nyme
Last post by Honey_Dreamz
Today 02:46 PM
Sunkissed Creek
by fade
Last post by BEAR.
Today 02:42 PM
Marigoldpaw’s Battle...
by Blaaze
Last post by Blaaze
Today 02:37 PM
Talent Show!
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 02:30 PM
Closed Thread

Old November 25th, 2023, 06:59 AM
Stares (•-•)

Bump Policy: 2-5 days
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Battle of the Fishcats! (open to apprentices + warriors!)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦
|~ Sunsetpaw - they/them ~|
Active purrks - None

Sunsetpaw followed Birdsnow as well as the other cats participating to the river as the deputy explained how the event'll go. Red team and blue team and..they're on blue team! With..Troutpaw, Lionpaw, Frostpaw and Frecklepaw! The name 'Troutpaw' sort of reminded them of their mentor 'Troutstone' so that was quite funny. And they're also with Ripplepelt andddd Bluefang! They don't really know those cats much but maybe this is a chance to! Man, they're excited for this! They listened as Birdsnow talked before they looked for their teammates; Troutpaw, Lionpaw, Frostpaw and Frecklepaw and also Ripplepelt and Bluefang. The apprentice's ears perked as Ripplepelt called out for the apprentices in blue team. First time they swam, it was during a kit class at the cattail pond...the apprentice missed the pond and Mistycloud too. The last time they swam was during the flood...the apprentice did not miss the flood or the injury they sustained from it. They haven't swam in a while because last time they swam their left hind-leg seemingly was injured and they've became quite scare but they were quite sure they could do it now!

Sunsetpaw listened to the older cat talk, nodding as she explained the first thing the group'll do. 'Step into the water, until you have to lift your chin slightly to keep your muzzle dry', they'll do that! Wonder how cold the water could be; the eight moon old stepped a paw in to test the temperature a bit. It's not too cold so it should be fine; they trust that Birdsnow has picked out this place because it's safe and not cold enough to freeze! Sunsetpaw slowly walked deeper into the river as it got colder and colder for them. It'll be fine, they were sure of it. The water surface was at their stomach at this point, giving them a slight shiver as they slowly move deeper deeper into the water. It wasn't too cold but it was enough to give a little shiver once you get deep enough. Now they were at the point they had to lift up their chin, adjusting to the temperature. Oh right..didn't Winterpaw almost drown when Sunsetpaw, him, and Beepaw took the kit class at the cattail pond..? And then Mistycloud saved him and that's when the relationship between him and Sunsetpaw started to deteriorate because Winterpaw hated that they were better at him than swimming and then there was that gathering where Winterpaw accused them of being Mistycloud's favorite and some other stuff.......? They should probably try to forget about that....but they just keep remembering it....

After they adjusted to the temperature, they did what they were told; to paddle in the water. They knew how to swim already though Mistycloud's explanation of the swimming motion if quite different which is to pretend you're walking but in water or something like that; Though in the end they figured both explanation leads to the same swimming motion so it doesn't neccesarily matter. The apprentice paddled their legs and started swimming around through the water. They're not sure if they had a certain destination to swim to so they told themselves to just swim around for some time until Ripplepelt told them to stop. Would this event disturb the fishies that live in the river...? Are there any here? They weren't sure about that. They knew there were fishies in the pond but what about here? Is there any here? If so....Would the fishies hate them if they used this place for battle training..? Oh they hoped not! Hope the fishies don't mind any of this and they still have plenty of other place to go since the event's taking place here! Swimming in the river was a tad different from the pond but the flood was way, way worse and as long as they focus when swimming, they have nothing to worry about.

Frostpaw seems to be doing normally; like them! Did the other apprentices know how to swim already? Well, it was a requirement before, wasn't it? Because of the kit classes and such? Now it isn't really though they hoped that the other apprentices had already taken some form of swimming lesson before this event; though not having taken the lesson before is fine as well because that's what they were her for right? Swimming and battle excercises! Fun activities! They've clearly forgotten how fun swimming actually is. Provided no one drowns but that's why there's life guards here! To save anyone who needs their help in the river!
╰─▸ ❝ @lesbianism [Ripplepelt] @hawkboi [Troutpaw] @Tecumori [Lionpaw] @Thechaoticdigitalcircus [Frostpaw] @roo! [Frecklepaw] @peppermintbubble. [Bluefang]

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old November 25th, 2023, 07:09 AM

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangoligon View Post

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦
Active purrks - None

Sunsetpaw followed Birdsnow as well as the other cats participating to the river as the deputy explained how the event'll go. Red team and blue team and..they're on blue team! With..Troutpaw, Lionpaw, Frostpaw and Frecklepaw! The name 'Troutpaw' sort of reminded them of their mentor 'Troutstone' so that was quite funny. And they're also with Ripplepelt andddd Bluefang! They don't really know those cats much but maybe this is a chance to! Man, they're excited for this! They listened as Birdsnow talked before they looked for their teammates; Troutpaw, Lionpaw, Frostpaw and Frecklepaw and also Ripplepelt and Bluefang. The apprentice's ears perked as Ripplepelt called out for the apprentices in blue team. First time they swam, it was during a kit class at the cattail pond...the apprentice missed the pond and Mistycloud too. The last time they swam was during the flood...the apprentice did not miss the flood or the injury they sustained from it. They haven't swam in a while because last time they swam their left hind-leg seemingly was injured and they've became quite scare but they were quite sure they could do it now!

Sunsetpaw listened to the older cat talk, nodding as she explained the first thing the group'll do. 'Step into the water, until you have to lift your chin slightly to keep your muzzle dry', they'll do that! Wonder how cold the water could be; the eight moon old stepped a paw in to test the temperature a bit. It's not too cold so it should be fine; they trust that Birdsnow has picked out this place because it's safe and not cold enough to freeze! Sunsetpaw slowly walked deeper into the river as it got colder and colder for them. It'll be fine, they were sure of it. The water surface was at their stomach at this point, giving them a slight shiver as they slowly move deeper deeper into the water. It wasn't too cold but it was enough to give a little shiver once you get deep enough. Now they were at the point they had to lift up their chin, adjusting to the temperature. Oh right..didn't Winterpaw almost drown when Sunsetpaw, him, and Beepaw took the kit class at the cattail pond..? And then Mistycloud saved him and that's when the relationship between him and Sunsetpaw started to deteriorate because Winterpaw hated that they were better at him than swimming and then there was that gathering where Winterpaw accused them of being Mistycloud's favorite and some other stuff.......? They should probably try to forget about that....but they just keep remembering it....

After they adjusted to the temperature, they did what they were told; to paddle in the water. They knew how to swim already though Mistycloud's explanation of the swimming motion if quite different which is to pretend you're walking but in water or something like that; Though in the end they figured both explanation leads to the same swimming motion so it doesn't neccesarily matter. The apprentice paddled their legs and started swimming around through the water. They're not sure if they had a certain destination to swim to so they told themselves to just swim around for some time until Ripplepelt told them to stop. Would this event disturb the fishies that live in the river...? Are there any here? They weren't sure about that. They knew there were fishies in the pond but what about here? Is there any here? If so....Would the fishies hate them if they used this place for battle training..? Oh they hoped not! Hope the fishies don't mind any of this and they still have plenty of other place to go since the event's taking place here! Swimming in the river was a tad different from the pond but the flood was way, way worse and as long as they focus when swimming, they have nothing to worry about.

Frostpaw seems to be doing normally; like them! Did the other apprentices know how to swim already? Well, it was a requirement before, wasn't it? Because of the kit classes and such? Now it isn't really though they hoped that the other apprentices had already taken some form of swimming lesson before this event; though not having taken the lesson before is fine as well because that's what they were her for right? Swimming and battle excercises! Fun activities! They've clearly forgotten how fun swimming actually is. Provided no one drowns but that's why there's life guards here! To save anyone who needs their help in the river!
╰─▸ ❝ @lesbianism [Ripplepelt] @hawkboi [Troutpaw] @Tecumori [Lionpaw] @Thechaoticdigitalcircus [Frostpaw] @roo! [Frecklepaw] @peppermintbubble. [Bluefang]
Frostpaw let out a small mumble. 'Sootpelt hasn't been herself since miss Birdsnow got picked for deputy... It's worrying me.' He seemed anxious. Things hadn't been the same since Birdsnow was picked for deputy. Sootpelt had been more impatient, quiet and annoyed. Perhaps something was troubling his mentor?
Old November 25th, 2023, 07:11 AM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post
r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 120 moons - RiverClan - lesbian - tags; @Pangoligon @hawkboi @Tecumori @Thechaoticdigitalcircus @roo!
Ripplepelt purred, pleased that she was chosen to train the apprentices in swimming. There was nowhere she felt more at home than in the water, and while the weather was chilling, she wasn't afraid of a little cold - it would make the warmth of sharing tongues with her clan mates all the better afterwards. There was nothing for it but to get straight into it.

"Blue team apprentices!" she called out, stepping into the shallow water. She was sure they were all excited to get into the fun of battle training, but they needed to learn the basics before they got too excited.

She spoke to the group as she padded deeper into the water, holding back a shiver when her belly fur hit the surface. "I know it might be daunting for some of you, especially if you've never been in the water before, but once you get the hang of it, it will be second nature to you. You first need to learn to tread water."

"Step into the water, until you have to lift your chin slightly to keep your muzzle dry. Let your body adjust to the cold for a moment - we don't want anyone freezing up on us!"
She allowed a moment, then continued. "Then lift your front paws and move them like you're digging a hole."
She demonstrated with her own paws, lifting her chin to keep her head above the water, then stopped to observe the apprentice's attempts.

Frecklepaw - he/him - 9 moons
post count - 100+/100

---

With a nervous flick of his ear, the small tom took a breath and slowly waded into the water. It was freezing! The cold shock woke him if he wasn't already fully awake. He mimicked his instructor as she explained what she was doing, making sure to keep his chin above water. He was cold to the bone. How this would ever become second nature to him he'd never know.. still, he willed himself to continue to tread. Even if he was sure he would catch a cold.

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old November 25th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 120 moons - RiverClan - lesbian - tags; @Pangoligon @Thechaoticdigitalcircus @roo!
Ripplepelt watched their attempts, pleased. Some of the apprentices had clearly been in the water before - Sunsetpaw was already paddling around in the water like a natural, and Frostpaw and Frecklepaw didn't seem to have trouble staying afloat either. She decided to do a quick observation of each apprentice individually, to see if there was anything she could help with before they moved on to properly swimming.

Sunsetpaw was doing well, but the look on their face as they paddled gave Ripplepelt pause - it seemed like they were thinking pretty hard about something.
"You're doing great, Sunsetpaw," she mewed, hoping a little praise would help the apprentice get out of their head and enjoy themself. "At this rate, you'll be blending in with the trout in no time, especially with that pelt of yours!"

Frostpaw seemed to be doing fine as well - at least with the treading water. He mumbled something about his mentor's mood since Birdsnow's deputy appointment.
Sootpelt shouldn't be making her emotions her apprentice's problem, she should be training him! Ripplepelt flicked an ear in annoyance.
"Frostpaw, you're doing well, but focus on the task you're doing right now," she mewed. "You should worry about your warrior training and keep out of things that don't affect you. Stick your nose in strange holes and you'll end up bitten!" But against her own advice, Ripplepelt made a mental note to speak to Sootpelt the next time she saw her - if it was affecting Frostpaw's training, someone needed to snap some sense into her.

Next, she waded to Frecklepaw. He was staying above the water fine, but the scrawny tom seemed to be struggling with the cold a little more than his peers.
"The more you move, the warmer you'll get," Ripplepelt mewed. "Some cats handle the cold better than others - if it's distracting, try to focus on breathing full breaths out - it can help to keep your mind off it."

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Old November 25th, 2023, 09:20 AM

Status: I'm a sad zombie cause Muskratpaw was marked missing even though she shouldn't be missing.
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Toadpaw arrived late. Ugh. Worst. Day. Ever. Why did she have to be late? Turning up late could ruin her image! She guessed joining was worth it anyways because it would help her earn her warrior name sooner. The blind aprentice was silent and didn't allow herself to show any emotions. @poppy. (Open)
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.
Old November 25th, 2023, 09:36 AM
Destroyer of Universes

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours

32/100

Troutpaw slowly padded into the water, pausing for a moment as she reached the point where she had to lift her head up. She took a deep breath and began to paddle her tail swishing a little behind her. She blinked in surprise as it actually managed to swim, and paddled around until her paws hit the ground. I wish Minkpaw were here to see this… she frowned at the thought of her deceased sister and looked away, taking a few steps closer to shore. This might be harder than she thought.
@lesbianism

"Captain, you are a child of the universe. No less than a tree or a star, you deserve to be here. And whether or not it's clear to you, no doubt the universe is playing out as it should."

Characters
Mega Finder

Last edited by hawkboi; November 25th, 2023 at 09:36 AM.
Old November 25th, 2023, 09:40 AM
Chronological Book Reader

Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Blah

╭─────────╮
Heronheart
⟡ He/Him ⟡ RC ⟡ 23 moons ⟡
⟡ @ N/A ⟡
╰─────────╯

The tom nodded to the deputy, although she was new, she was doing alright. He shook the thought from his head and focused on the training that would be happening. Heronheart sprinted into the water, staying far enough away from the apprentice’s that they could still move but close enough if he needed to help them, he could.
Old November 25th, 2023, 10:19 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: [ error. data corrupted ]
My Mood: Fine

*Bluefang nods*
Old November 25th, 2023, 10:19 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: [ error. data corrupted ]
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangoligon View Post

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦
Active purrks - None

*Bluefang smiles at Sunsetpaw*
Old November 25th, 2023, 06:15 PM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Springpaw
long furred torbie ▵ She/Her ▵ Beefed up [tier 1](inactive), Wendigo’s song(active)
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Springpaw flicked an ear as she listened to the rules and all that jazz including what team she was on. If she heard correctly, she was on the red team and also on the same team at Tansy! That was great, oh she was also on the same team as her brother that was another bonus for her. The torbie wasn't sure how to feel about Treepaw or Charredpaw since she hadn't interacted with either of them before, hopefully, they weren't bad. "C'mon tansy let's go meet up with the others on our team!" she nudged the other with a grin. Springpaw looked over towards Cherryswirl, more than Sootpelt, since she needed to learn how to swim first then anything else. She had gotten lucky and received a bit of battle training thanks to Lark, but she would give in and go to Sootpelt once she got her swimming part done.

@Dust [Cherryswirl] @silver. [Tansypaw] @Thechaoticdigitalcircus [Sootpelt]
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw / Applebees

Closed Thread