Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Roleplaying (OOC) > Character Resources

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Rosekit finder
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 03:05 AM
Sedgewater Valley
by BEAR.
Last post by Rani
Today 02:51 AM
WindClan Patrols
Last post by Rani
Today 02:37 AM
RiverClan Mountain...
Last post by Oliver
Today 02:25 AM
RiverClan Camp
Last post by JellyCat
Today 02:22 AM

Old July 23rd, 2024, 09:17 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

POSTING SCHEDULE (roughly)
Monday - WC | Tuesday - THC | Wednesday - RC | Thursday - SHC | Friday/Sat/Sun - Catchup |

Please know that this is general and some posts may come early or late!

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere | pinto bean tells a hampter to walk all over your keyboard | Myling un-un-un-unevaporates here, sees the cats and rats, unmanifests, snatches some birbs, reappears and adds them to the pile | Snowheart promptly dumps a huge pile of snow on top of the cats, rats, hampters, and birbs. (and everything else), but they survive |

Last edited by phantom; July 23rd, 2024 at 09:17 PM.
Old July 24th, 2024, 11:58 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

ThunderClan Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

A loner came your way many moons ago. His coat was cut in two. His heart, too.
Stranger, what are your halves made of?

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old July 25th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Placeholder
Old July 25th, 2024, 12:53 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

It's the middle of the night. You decide to check in on the apprentice's den. As you poke your head in, your attention is drawn to a small tom in the corner, copper tabby fur illuminated by moonlight streaming in from a crack in the foliage above. He is restless, paws kicking in the air as he explores the mysterious lands of his dreamscape. You creep closer, wanting to wake him from his nightmare. Your outstretched paws extends slowly to press against his shoulder. Closer, closer...

As your paw connects with his fur, everything goes dark. A swirling sensation begins, drawing you into an unknown void. Following the current, you are dropped in a familiar forest. This is Starclan. As you regain your bearings, two paths emerge in the woods. The left most one is silent and peaceful, marked only by a single set of paw prints in the perfectly dewey grass. But from the other path, voices can be heard. Which do you choose?

You decide to follow the footprints. Following carefully, you emerge from the pines to find the same apprentice, sleeping peacefully in a small clearing. "Hello?" you inquire, approaching slowly. He stirs, opening bright blue eyes groggily. "Who are you?" you ask, tilting your head. "Why are you here?"

He smiles, looking rather proud. "I'm Copperpaw," he replied. "Son of Autumnpaw and Pax, nephew of Springlight. I am here because..." he trails off, deflating. "Why am I here?" You shrug your shoulders, opening your mouth to reply, but Copperpaw is lost in thought, looking around. "Why am I here? Where is here?" he says softly, the outstanding confidence from just moments ago long gone. You watch silently as he sits in silence, observing his surroundings with a sad curiosity.

the lost legacy

Raised in the outskirts, Copperpaw always desired a life in the clan of his mother's birth. From a young age, he was told tales of the great Thunderclan. Little did his mother know, these stories would leave him longing to be a warrior. And suddenly, it was possible. His mother promised him that his aunt, the wonderous medicine cat of Thunderclan, would take him in, teach him to be a real warrior. There was hope for him after all. He wouldn't be confined to a life alone, wandering the outskirts until he grew old and grey. He would have purpose. Family.

But Springlight is gone. And although he has joined the clan, he cannot help but feel alone anyways. He has no ties, no promised family. Just an outsider, sitting alone in a silent clearing while the rooted trees around him whisper indistinguishable words to the wind.

Springlight's death was not something I predicted when planning Copperpaw's story. But these things happen, and I believe the opportunity to become a medicine cat apprentice will provide an even more compelling twist in his tale. Although Copperpaw believes it is his destiny to become the best warrior Thunderclan has ever seen, becoming a medicine cat apprentice will provide him with the method to connect with his family roots and help his new clan in ways he never imagined. When he is first named apprentice, he will likely be extremely downtrodden and disappointed, but he will soon realize that this path is well-suited to his skills. As an outsider, he already has some knowledge of herbs, specifically ones that are not well-known by the clans. (Herbal Knowledge Tier-1, which I will likely level up.) His natural affinity for learning new things will overpower his desire to fight, and he will find himself devoted to discovering new herbs for the benefit of his clanmates.

You have selected to follow the voices. They grow louder as you travel the well-worn path until you come upon a pool of still water. Ethereal cats sit around the body of liquid moonlight, engaged in a debate. They are hard to make out through the stars that sparkle in their coats, but you recognize them as the medicine cats of Thunderclap's past. They do not notice you, perhaps because they are so enthralled by their discussion. Their voices swirl around you, ringing with authority back and forth, so quickly that you only catch snippets.

"He's an outsider!"
"HALF outsider!"
"Who cares? He's too young!"
"He knows nothing of the clans!"
"Not true, his mother taught him."
"Oh, his mother the traitor?"
"She left for love, come now..."
"Love, ridiculous!"
"He is born of love, it is true!"
"Yes! And drawn back to Thunderclan by destiny."
"A child born of love, drawn by destiny...sounds like a load of rubbish."
"He has the will for it. He has the will for anything!"
"He is quite intelligent..."
"And eager too!"
"But he wishes to be a warrior..."
"He can be both, we've seen it before."
"It's in his blood!"
"Doesn't matter if he takes after the traitor..."
"Enough with the traitor nonsense!"
"I say we give him a chance, what's the harm?"
"Oh I don't know...the potential for disaster?!!"
"He's six moons old, there is always disaster at that age."
"Exactly, but the point is...he was born for this."

the destined

Copperpaw is stubborn and determined, that much is apparent. He knows what he wants, and very few have the ability to sway him from his goals. He emits a confident air and no-nonsense attitude, giving the impression of authority. Even from a young age, he has had dreams of ambition and impossible goals. He doesn’t take no for an answer. This was first proven in convincing his mother to let him join Thunderclan, and then again in proving his eagerness to Bumblestar.

He’s keen and intense, occasionally bewildering to those who meet him. His thirst for knowledge is unquenchable, and his stream of questions unstoppable. In addition, Copper is fiercely loyal and protective, especially of those who have shown him support from the early stages of his clan career. He will stop at nothing to prove his worth to Thunderclan and overrule the outsider blood that some look down on him because of.

But he is not perfect. He is young and impressionable, and therefore sensitive. Although he doesn't show it, the opinions of others easily gets to his head, influencing his decisions. He will adapt to the needs of his clan and newfound family, sometimes sacrificing his true identity to be what they need him to be. He has no limits, no sense of self-preservation, and there is no silencing the voice in his head that tells him to keep. Pushing. Through. Because of this, he doesn't know when to stop, and is easily worn out. Again, he will never admit it.

His intelligence is admirable, and he knows it too. Sometimes this inflates his ego, causing him to lash out at those who try to tell him he's wrong. He thinks with his head over his heart, occasionally forgetting to understand the feelings of others around him. This makes it hard for many to get close to him, and enhances his belief that he does not belong.

And just like that, the vortex returns. You are whipped away from the scene before you, falling backwards through darkness until your paws hit solid ground once more. You have returned to the apprentice's den, where all is quiet save for the whispering snores of the young cats. Backing up slowly, you exit the den, retreating to collect your thoughts.

[ p.s. click the cat image for a little moodboard! ]

bump policy - 3 days
character bios | finder

Last edited by ophelia; Yesterday at 05:39 PM.
Old July 28th, 2024, 06:54 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

In the forest, you find a book, nestled between the roots of a tree and half-hidden by grass. Its plain brown cover blends into the landscape; slightly darker spots are the memories of rain that once fell on it. Something about it tells you its been here a long time. Do you pick it up?

The book smells of mildew, but once you open it the pleasant scent of paper that wafts towards you indicates this is one of the first times it has been read. The first page contains a pressed pink-purple flower. A mallow, maybe? A glance at the words written in sweeping cursive below it confirms your suspicions.

Mallowpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Application

The next four pages are filled with writing. Beyond that, they are blank- stories not yet written.

Who is Mallowpaw?
"But the label of weak and sensitive had been placed on her, and she couldn't shake it off no matter how hard she tried."

Basics
Fur length: short
Fur colour: blue-grey
Markings: white chin and toes
Eye colour: green
Hight: slightly shorter than average
Body type: average build, not much muscle

+ Loyal, polite, empathetic, inquisitive
= Reserved, emotional
- Insecure, judgemental, anxious, sensitive

Mallowpaw was born to Moonfrost along with her sister Foxpaw. She had a normal kithood, and soon became an apprentice, with her mentor being Mushroomcloud. Not long into her apprenticeship, she witnessed the traitor Mapleface murder Violetfreckle, Bumblestar kill her in revenge and trade one of her lives for her fallen love. Soon after, a clan meeting turned bloody when Bumblestar executed Sunglow, another traitor. Her young mind so fragile, the events traumatised her.

When she was nine moons old, Mallowpw's mentor and family all dissapeared in one fell swoop. With no friends to rely on, she was left alone, trying to stay afloat against the currents of loss and loneliness dragging her down. She was given another mentor, but she still wasn't getting any training. One day, Wolfhive took her out and taught her to hunt. The next meeting, he was made her mentor.

You'd expect that her training would progress quickly after that point- she expected that, too- but between Wolfhive getting sick and her struggle with some areas of training, it was still going slowly, and she watched as younger apprentices quickly surpassed her. That is the point she is at now, thirteen moons and yet to receive her warrior name, still trying to cling on to the log holding her afloat and make it to the finish line.

Activity
Mallowpaw is fairly active. She has participated in 10 events (including the ones that never got past recruiting cats), three gatherings and several clan meetings. She may not seem the most active due to being reclusive, but if there's an important event, Mallowpaw will most likely be there.

Trustworthiness
Mallowpaw always has been and always will be a rule-follower. She never defies her superiors or acts out against the clan, and this trait won't change. Earlier, her obedience stemmed less from actual loyalty than fear of getting punished, but now she is starting to develop devotion to ThunderClan for herself.

Authority
Mallowpaw will struggle with this at first, and it will never be her forte, but she will learn in time how to step up and take charge. For things like dealing punishments for failed herb patrols, spite may play a role in it, especially if an apprentice couldn't complete a patrol because their patrolmates left them (something she experienced once herself, and she holds a grudge).

Communication
Again, something she will struggle with at first, but Mallowpaw will eventually learn that the high ranks won't mind her bothering them and start reporting things more.

Why does Mallowpaw want to become MCA?

Mallowpaw started her apprenticeship wanting to be the best, but between being undertrained and not naturally being the best at any of the skills required to become a warrior, she has fallen behind the other apprentices. A lot. Despite being thirteen moons, she still has a fair way to go in her training, mainly in battle. It has become a major insecurity for her, and becoming MCA would be a fresh start, an apprenticeship without the shame and anxiety attached to it.

Mallowpaw's interest in herbs was discovered when Drizzlecloud and Springlight hosted a herb event. She found learning about herbs to be interesting, and unlike her regular training, it was calming for her. She has more brains than brawns, so that type of training appeals to her.

Mallowpaw is also a pacifist, something she discovered after the executions early in her apprenticeship. She has never wanted to fight, and still dreads the day when she will be thrust into battle. Becoming MCA will allow her to help the clan without causing bloodshed.

Roleplaying examples

I've tried to display my full range of post length and quality, including the posts that I'm proud of and some more causal/not so great posts. These are all fairly recent, as my writing has improved over the time I've been here and will likely continue to improve.

x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x

OOC

Hello, its kittycatburmise here! I'm trying my hand at applying for MCA. I haven't had a high rank, and this is my first time applying for one. Mallowpaw is a very dear character to me, and I would be delighted if she was chosen as ThunderClan's next MCA. Here are some facts about me:
  • I try to be on WCO most days.
  • I do not have discord, but my VMs and PMs are always open!
  • I'm not sure of my exact boundaries yet, but I'm okay with pretty much everything. I'm yet to encounter anything I'm not comfortable with reading.
  • I have school, so that might limit my activity sometimes and I may need to take breaks to focus on it.

A review
"God, this little cat has my whole heart. Kittycat writes her insecurities and anxieties very well and I adore roleplaying with her. Having her struggle with physical activity since she's undertrained is also a neat quirk I haven't seen before, and I'm excited to see how they develop her!" -BEAR., COTM nomination

That's it! Thank you for taking the time to consider my application, and good luck to everyone!

You start to walk away, but the image of the book's weathered cover flashes in your mind, hidden away between the roots of the tree. Almost like it's decomposing there. A piece of history, lost to the forces of nature that want to return it to the dirt. Shoving the thoughts away, you continue walking. Someone had probably lost it; they would find it soon enough. Maybe. Either way, you shouldn't pry.

But still, regret lingers in the back of your mind for the rest of the day.

Last edited by kittycatburmise; Yesterday at 07:48 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:51 AM

Bump Policy: anytime
My Mood: Pensive

NETTLEKIT FOR MED CAT APPRENTICE ! !
WHY THO?????
Nettlekit feels that she wouldn’t be any use to be a warrior, but becoming a medicine cat apprentice, she believes, feels right for her.

ACTIVE: I am extremely active on WCO, and since school will be out for 5 more weeks (for me), I will have a lot of time on my hands to be an active and contributing member of this website! However, I can’t exactly roleplay with Nettlekit yet as she hasn’t been accepted back into the clan after going missing. Whoops.

TRUSTWORTHY: Nettlekit, albeit only starting to speak now, is a very trustworthy cat — she would definitely tell any of the higher ranks anything they needed to know if she had the information they wanted, and is very obedient to others (unless they do something to hurt her, which might be an issue..)

AUTHORITATIVE: Despite her shyness, Nettlekit has been shown to know what’s right and to take charge (even if it is just taking charge of herself), and could be a good authority figure in the future if it calls for it. She wouldn’t be the kind of cat to have a panic attack if she was put in a leadership position, but she may need to work on her confidence slightly in the future.

COMMUNICATION: Again, even though Nettlekit has only now began speaking, she would be very trustworthy if other high ranking cats needed information. Unfortunately, I do not have Discord, but I believe I will be able to find a way to stay in contact with other Thunderclan HRs. I will make sure to communicate plots and other things no matter what as well.

WHO THE HECK EVEN IS NETTLEKIT DUDE????
Nettlekit is a 7 moon old Thunderclan kit who was born to a loner alongside her sibling , Ashkit (currently in Shadowclan). She is heavily implied to have autism that leads to her being non-verbal and have repetitive behaviours in many cases. When she and her sibling were loners, Nettlekit spoke a lot more. However, when she was 4 moons old, her mother was killed in a skirmish, and a few days later Nettlekit made her way to Thunderclan, and the rest is history. In addition, even though Nettlekit was previously near-completely mute she has began to speak now, even if it’s little-by-little. She really likes leaves too. I think that’s a bonus, right?

If Nettlekit doesn’t get the role, then that is a-okay! Thank you for considering her!
: D

Last edited by OBigBrainO; Yesterday at 02:38 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Reminder that these close TONIGHT! If you have an empty placeholder or a wip you've been meaning to finish, you've got about eight hours or so left.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Letsa RolePlay!!

Bump Policy: Every 2 days
My Mood: Unpredictable

GoldenKit
A light Golden tom with white freckles and gentle green eyes.

~The clouds may try but they could never block a brilliant golden sunset~

A small golden kit trips into view. He blinks his soft green eyes at you and gives you a nervous smile. He's not great at introductions.

He has high expectations for himself usually unobtainable but the ones that are in reach he never fails to grasp. He loves the smell of plants and flowers he sometimes uses his nose more then his eyes. He may be prideful but that will never get in the way of his duties. Be warned he can be a little clumsy but his hearts in the right place. He is 5 moons old and excited to become an apprentice.