by taillow
Last post by squidz
Today 12:16 AM

Old October 24th, 2023, 05:08 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Spring... Spring... Springy. Poppykit liked Springy. Springy was kind and soft like her mumzie, but Springy wasn't her mumzie. Springy was a... me-di-cccccc-ine cat... Apprentice? Apprentice... Like her sister! An apprentice like FleckFleck! Evidently, though, their position wasn't quite the same. And although the kitten had yet to fully understand the difference (something she would in time), even she knew that FleckFleck and Springy weren't learning to be the same thing. That said, she wanted to ask Springy if Springy knew FleckFleck, but the kitten was interrupted by a muffled sneeze that chased away all her thoughts.

and the idea didn't come back. Little Poppykit had laboriously managed to make her way towards the den of the medicine cats, where she looked around in wonder. Springy spoke, though half the words fell on dead ears until she was addressed as 'little Poppy'. That's her! She's Poppy! Intently the patched tabby sat and listened to Springy's explanation, finally coming to understand the difference between FleckFleck and Springy: Springy was learning to heal ow-ows, while FleckFleck was to become a warrior like pap! Her eyes widened in amazement.

Although she could've remained seated, and maybe should have, the kitten's curiosity got the best of her. Wobbling after the medicine cat apprentice, the little feline propped her head up to meticulously watch the process, eyes following the calico's every paw movement. From the way she gathered the herbs to the way that she formed them into something... Something thick and almost liquid-looking. Poppykit tilted her head, intrigued, though remained silent through the process. Any questions she wanted to ask like "What's this" and "What's it for" was shut down by her amazement as she watched the apprentice work.

And soon enough, it was done. Hazel eyes followed the treatment as it was set in front of her, gaze lifting towards Springpaw as she spoke. Poppykit would count herself lucky: with a stuffed nose, the scent and taste of anything was utterly muted, making ingesting the remedy much easier. And after gaining approval, she did so, a little hesitantly, but took it nonetheless. Even through muted sense it tasted bitter, and her nose scrunched up but Poppykit was a big girl and swallowed it anyway; eyes of course then coming to search Springpaw to see if she was proud.

[ @/eris ]

----------

It had only been a few days since she last came here. Through the fog of her mind, tired limbs curled up and pressed against her as she dangled in the air, the smell of Springy's den reached her senses. It was strong, much more overwhelming than before, though the kitten recognised it nonetheless. It prompted her to crack her eyes open through ragged breaths, a cough escaping her heaving chest - from the ailment or the strong smell of herbs, she couldn't tell.

A chill ran down her spine, little shivers covering her body as she was set down into a soft, unfamiliar nest. But, she knew, her pap was with her. Hazel eyes focused on the familiar and comforting figure of her pap, a weak voice trailing from her maw.
"Pap..."
She whispered, head feverish and tummy aching, she curled up on herself as though trying to stop the pain.

A paw pulled her closer. The world swam a little, but the weak kitten could still make out her father's fur. Eyes slowly shut again, leaning in close against her pap as she listened to his heartbeat, his purr. It was the only comfort the kitten had in this time, her pap, her hero and role model. Nuzzling close to him, she never wanted to leave the safety of his arms.
"Pap... Poppy... ow..."
The kitten pleaded, seemingly unaware of her father's own struggles, the effort he had to make to get them both here.

[ @eris @something. @spookywynds ]

Old October 24th, 2023, 05:50 PM
ꀤ ꍏꂵ ꍏ ꋪꍟꍏ꒒ ꉣꍟꋪꌗꂦꈤ

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris View Post

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader[all perm. active]

More illness. More sickness. How much worse could this get? The rancid stench of vomit was quick to touch her sensitive nose-buds as a sharp pulse of worry spread across her features, her head whipping towards the direction of Drizzlecloud worriedly inspecting the tom-kit as she ushered him to lay down on one of the unoccupied moss-beds. Her blue gaze landed on the young tom, and she felt her stomach sickeningly clench as the sight of the vomit pooling around his jaws and dripping onto the dirt ground. Forcing the unsettling bile that was crawling up her throat, she quickly flew back towards the herb storage to look for anything in particular that could help with such a situation. Drizzlecloud’s words rang deep in her head, and every indulgent impulse was fought back to keep herself from accidentally slipping her claws out. There was a patient in need of help, she couldn’t simply just let her emotions get the absolute worst of her and make her become distracted from the numbing pain that kept fusing through her body like absolute hell. Sticking her paws into the herb storage, irritation began to strike at her. Did they even have any potential chervil? Well, they did, but their current storage of it was so little and scarce that the feline wasn’t even certain if it should be used to properly get rid of whatever was inside of Mushroomkit’s stomach!

Mumbling beneath her breath, she reached in and carefully grasped one of the stems of a dandelion flower as she pulled it towards herself, using a foreclaw to carefully pick off the flower part from the rest of the stem. Some of the clear, white liquid stained her snow-furred paws while she carefully cut the head off, but she would wash that later when there wasn’t a kit inside of the den currently spewing up vomit at the moment. Satisfied with her work, she carefully nudged the head of the flower towards the tom kit after her mentor was finished cleaning his mouth up to the point where it wasn’t coated with vomit, looking at the kit with a sincere look in her eye. “H-here… eat… this… will help… get the toxins… out… of body.” She explained, ignorant to the gurgling in her throat as she nudged the flower-head closer for the young tom to eat, silently hoping that he would without any hesitation or doubt on her ability.

[ -1 dandelion head ]

@something. @Shadowed Flower

Mushroomkit

Hurts...Hurts...Hurts! The black tom-kit wiggled in his nest. His stomach hurt so bad! And his mouth tasted like mouse-dung! He let out a silent mumble and watched as...Springpaw(?) came over with a dandelion head. Mushroomkit listened as the she-cat told him to eat it. Tired of the pain, he lapped it up and sneezed. He nuzzled his face onto the wet moss, wiping the vomit off his jaws. @something.

My characters thoughts and actions are not my own. They are simply roleplay characters and reflect nothing of my person and who I am.

Pronouns page
Old October 24th, 2023, 05:55 PM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

Mistberry heaved and pucked. "Firefly cove you need to go there now someone is hurt!" Mistyberry called out @else
Old October 24th, 2023, 06:24 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: [ error. data corrupted ]
My Mood: Fine

~~Cherrypaw~~

{ @something. }

Cherrypaw was still crying, the Jupiter berry finally kicking in fully and she laid her head down, trying to take deep breaths. Drizzlecloud was pressing in close on her... JUST SAY IT!!! Her heart screamed.

"F-Foxglo-ove... She te-tells me... No one-ne... Cares-es for me... I'm on-only a pupp-ppet... Not need-eded... You onl-nly act the wa-way you do beca-cause you are medi-dician cat... I don't- oh no..."

The green little eyes of the apprentice widened when she realized she had rambling on about Foxglove and what she told her. "she's going to kill me..." The tortoiseshell apprentice started crying harder.
Old October 24th, 2023, 06:30 PM
i like sad jester girl

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cold

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader[all perm. active]

Another visitor, more illness. The oriental-shaped feline whipped her head around towards the direction of a hoarse voice that echoed through her ears, her nose wrinkling at the tangible smell of illness that touched her sensitive nostrils, her blue gaze making contact with the tom-cats as she watched him sway around from the amount of fatigue that was noticeable along his features. “H.. h-hello… what… seems to be… the issue?” She rasped, silently shouldering her way towards the tom-cat as she drew her voice loud enough for the tom-cat to hear so that she wasn’t quiet by the hushing winds of the autumn air and the quiet ripples of the water. How would Bravesky be able to hear her if he couldn’t hear what she was saying?

@something. @Spirit_life_yt

my carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna
Old October 24th, 2023, 06:31 PM
。。 enjoy the fame

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Galaxy View Post
Mistberry heaved and pucked. "Firefly cove you need to go there now someone is hurt!" Mistyberry called out @else
Laps did u mean me? If so pls fill out a healing from in rd healing and then post a starter in the med den!! If u ment Omar I or Erie however, ask them on what to do!

slowly dipping my toes back in

character hoard

Star fixed the indents here,♡
Old October 24th, 2023, 07:26 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
@Rani :: @something.

Now that his full attention was on the mess before him, the dried blood clinging to his fur made sense. The warrior beneath him was a mess and it wasn't going to be anything easy. That being said he had the easiest of the pair. Sucking in a breath the Calico went to work.

Using the wet moss to clean up any excess blood and debris as best he could. It wasn't pretty and it didn't stop but he'd take it. Laying a clean moss over the stump as he moved to start stretching out the cobwebs. The main issue was that stump. It was more of a stump than it was before.

Stretching the cobwebs out, he pulled it over the wet moss that's up against the lack of leg. Making sure it was tight. Only stuttering a little bit when the warrior began to struggle. An annoyed huff as he was pulled from his focus, the tom moved a paw and aimed to go push the other's face down towards the nest. Hoping the other wouldn't dodge it in his hazy state. "Shut up. They're fine they're all alive thanks to you, you big log. Now stop squirmin." he snapped as he moved to fix his haphazard patching up.

Stump patched, with some moss to catch any excess bleeding. Onto the side which was also pretty worse for wear. A few more attempts at a patch up before the Warrior decided to wiggle some more. Once the last bit of cobweb was nicely clinging to the fur Spiderthroat leaned backwards and let out a sigh. "He's somewhat alive so I think we're good." he answered back, although it was pretty late.

"Without worrying about our appearance, let's conclude today."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan

|| Site || ToyHouse ||
But these fingers and these palms
Full of love despite the scars
They show indisputably I
have so much more to grow
Oh, I can change, I can evolve

I can get up when I fall
I'll live contentedly, I don't need a reason why
Standing tall and
standing strong
I have found where I belong
In the arms of somebody, there is no more need to cry
Old October 24th, 2023, 07:43 PM
Destroyer of Universes

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours

Brownface blinked as he padded into the medicine den, sitting down where he wouldn’t be in the way of other cats. He waited for the dizziness to ebb away before looking up, and jumped slightly seeing all of the cats. “Fox-dung....” he mumbled. He looked at the two medicine cats as he absentmindedly rubbed his nose with his paw, wincing as it stung. Oh right, the burns. “Sorry to add another patient to your den, but I think I got it bad...not severe I think, just really weak and dizzy, and I got these little burns around my nose and mouth.”

@els @something

"Captain, you are a child of the universe. No less than a tree or a star, you deserve to be here. And whether or not it's clear to you, no doubt the universe is playing out as it should."

Characters
Mega Finder
Old October 24th, 2023, 10:10 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

~ Lioncrest ~

Letting a hopefully reassuring, rumbling purr echo through his chest as his mate walked closely beside him, Lioncrest kept half an eye on her as they moved and made sure to stay as close as she would allow him to be as he led them into the medicine cat's den.

"Springpaw?" the large tom called out, tone forcibly calm as amber eyes flicking throughout the den to find the medicine cat apprentice that his mate had adopted... Oh, they were going to have to have a chat about that, weren't they... Another time, his mate's health came first. "Dovefluff requires assistance."

And sooner rather than later. His feathery tail twitched behind him in agitation as he channeled his concerned energy into something other than his facial expression. His first chosen one deserved treatment and care, far more than whomever else lay lounging throughout the den. If there wasn't somecat urgently bleeding out, she should be first in line.

[ @poppy. @eris Bing bong, what time is it? It's bay-bee time! (plus a lil extra razzle dazzle of ick) ]

Old October 24th, 2023, 11:15 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

'Shut up' Well mememememe you big jerk of a bully! Mudhound was going through this healing hell without any painkillers like poppyseeds or dandelions thank you! And Spiderthroat had big clumby tom paws! Big meaty grabbers! Large murder mits! Nothing like the soft nice paws of Drizzlecloud, Mudhound wanted her and her nice little manners and self, not mr 'suck it up and ignore the fact that you just got mauled'

What a jerk. The maine coon mix, with their sensibilities fading now that they didnt need to be responsible for the apprentices (they were safe as could be now) decided to be mature. They blew a giant raspberry at the other warrior and with a limp floppy paw tried to swipe at him (claws in of course). It was probably a swing and a miss, Mudhound was conscious on a prayer and probably a bit of shock preventing them from passing out and firmly (but slurringly) declared "Mph says Im too big 'n dumb to die!" before their head thudded back down to the moss nest. No clue who Mph is supposed to be, honestly it could be anyone but the warrior seemed set to lay still and shut their eyes to try and block out some of the still aching pain their untreated wounds radiated.

Some actual herbs to prevent infection from the rabid coyotes biting might be the next best idea.
@SkeleStar @something.

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!

Last edited by Rani; October 24th, 2023 at 11:16 PM.