- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Larkwing
~<>~
27 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

It was painful - of course it was painful, her bones had quite literally been broken and had to be splinted, obviously it was painful. Cobwebfern's words, though, do help calm her a little. It's odd, how a few soothing words are enough to bring the slight panic down a notch. Anticipation of pain is not fun. Experiencing that pain, though, is occasionally less hurtful than the anticipation. This is not one of those times.

Honestly, it's a miracle she doesn't just black out right then and there.

"Thank- thank you," she gasps, panting despite having done nothing but endure the pain. And then, Berryshine says- she says what now? Emerald eyes fly open, brows furrowed in shock and incomprehension. The kits? What kits? Wolfhive had said something similar but she'd dismissed it at the time... was..? Was she-? Were she and Fish-? Oh, great StarClan, you have got to be kidding.

"I'm- I'm sorry, Berryshine, what did you say? The kits?" There's fear in her voice, she's not ready for this. It's not- they aren't even officially mates! They'd never even really spoken about that... what in the world is she going to tell him...

[ @squidz || @finley !! ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finley !! View Post
shutting her eyes tight briefly as a quick reset, cobwebfern calmed her breathing and thankfully pricked her ear in berryshine's direction, thankful for her praise. she hadn't, though, been prepared for what came next, and spluttered, turning away to conceal her surprise as a cough. she'd been blissfully unaware of the fact that larkwing was pregnant, and the way larkwing reacted to berryshine's flippant statement suggested that she was as unprepared as the healer was.

pregnancy was thankfully, (or unthankfully, now,) something cobwebfern hadn't had to deal with during her time as the stand-in healer. now, though, she felt completely at a loss, turning her gaze to berryshine in unfiltered panic. just as quickly as panic rose, she hid it, turning back to the ex-leader with a comforting smile on her face. ' it's going to be alright, larkwing, i promise- berry and i will get you through safe and sound. ' she hoped. her words were gentle, aiming to calm larkwing down. hopefully the bombshell being dropped wasn't too much of a shock to lark's system- it would be bad to spook her further with the whole broken bone issue.

[ @squidz ; berryshine ,, @Neptune. ; larko ]

| BERRYSHINE |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector | dreamwalker

[ riverclan medicine cat | she-cat | 12 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Oh. Oh, she didn't know. Not only that, but clearly had no idea, and was now internally panicking. Ohhh no. I'msostupidI'msostupid, ohnohno-

"O-Oh, stars above... I-I'm sorry, Larkwing—" Nope, today was not her day, was it? Flushing pink, Berryshine was grateful for the covering of her dark fur as she cleared her throat, quickly trying to remedy the situation. Luckily, Cobwebfern (who was infinitely more eloquent with words in this moment than Berry was) had already started speaking, though Berry definitely caught the unfiltered look of panic Cob shot her way before it.

Taking in a deep, steadying breath, the medicine cat decided to start over, clearing her throat. "Y-Yes, ah... y-you're pregnant, Larkwing. It's the scent, I know it by now..." She attempted to give the ex-leader a nervous smile, hopefully comforting in some capacity, though by the wild look in Lark's eyes... she could tell the warrior had not anticipated this at all, nor did she know how to process it.

"D-Don't worry, I know what to do by now, and y-you're in good paws... Cobwebfern and I will take good care of you, alright? H-Here... to keep your strength up, eat this. E-Especially after all this... you'll need it."

With shaking paws, Berryshine pawed over a small clump of burnet. It was an herb meant to build strength, especially effective for expecting queens. After the stress her body had just gone through, anything could help.

And Great StarClan, Berryshine prayed she wouldn't make herself any further of a mess in front of her apprentice and best friend. She gave Cob a glance that basically said 'I'm usually not this bad, I swear' — and it would've almost been comical, if not for the situation.

[ -1 burnet ]

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
Request Healing | Medicine Den | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Old October 4th, 2024, 09:34 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Larkwing
~<>~
27 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

Breath in. Breath out. This was okay. She was okay, this was going to be okay. It's just... she didn't plan for this. How was she supposed to show RiverClan she was dedicated to regaining their trust if she was stuck in the nursery, though? It's just... what if she's cast aside because she's no longer useful now? It's a scary thought.

What's a more scary thought is that she has no idea how to be a good mother. She doesn't have the best first hand experience. What if she just perpetuates the cycle? What if she somehow ruins them? God, what if they hate her? She's barely paying attention when Berryshine passes her the burnet, eating it without question because that's all she can do.

[ @squidz || @finley !! ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
is it cold outside?

Bump Policy: 48 hours [ please provide link ]

cobwebfern
the lover.

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she / they . riverclan med cat app
21 moons . missing back leg
tags ; @squidz - berries !!! , @Neptune. - larko darko
tws for this post: none

it would be hilarious if not for the situation, cobwebfern thought, stifling a laugh at how completely absurd it all was. her technically-first-kind-of-not-but-also-sort-of healing experience, and she was helping diagnose a pregnancy. a surprise pregancy. cobwebfern blinked slowly at berryshine, bumping her head against the other's flank warmly. ' erm. berries.. or larkwing, if you can answer.. how far along are you? when do you think you got.. ' the apprentice swallowed. ' pregnant? '

the awkwardness in the air could be cut by a knife, that's how thick it was. cobweb swallowed, shrugging. ' yeah. sorry. i will.. shut up now. ' she turned to the back of the den, fiddling with a bundle of herbs the two hadn't unwrapped, placing them gently on a stone slab and squinting at them.

cobwebfern is riverclan’s medicine cat apprentice !
she and berryshine have a semi-closed den policy .

request healingmedicine den
trackers
my character's thoughts and actions do not reflect my own <3