Old May 23rd, 2024, 01:45 PM
kitty of stars

Bump Policy: ALL THE TIME
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Redwater
She/her {RC} Warrior

[ @squidz — Berrypaw / @/starry — Mistyshard ]

Redwater flinched. That weird moving feeling again! “Hi.” she grumbled. ”So. I’ve gained a lot of random weight over the past moon… and I keep missing my prey—I NEVER DO THAT.” she snapped at Berrypaw’s bemused expression. “And now I keep getting random bellyaches.

Her stomach twisted again and she suppressed a grunt.

“So. Uh. Can you fix it?” Redwater grimaced.

Rose dropped a bucket of appreciation here, oops!
Old May 23rd, 2024, 06:06 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

[ @taillow @starry @Dakotaa ]
Beastflame

The tom lay there silently for a bit, breathing deeply as he attempted to regain his strength and organize his thoughts. He was home, that much was true. And while the residue of his excitement remained, it was time to focus on what would happen next. He needed to get better quickly. And he needed to find a Shield, or a deputy, or the leader and explain what had happened-
His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of pawsteps approaching. He turned his head to see a dark she-cat sit beside him. Was that the medicine cat? She didn't look like a medicine cat. "Care to explain where you've been for the last eight moons?" Now Beasflame was sure this wasn't a medicine cat. With more effort than he cared to admit, he pulled his front paws under his mass and pushed himself into a sitting position so he could properly address the she-cat who was introducing herself as Dusklion. The deputy! What happened to Gingerfrost? Unimportant. He thought he vaguely remembered Dusklion, but he couldn't be sure. She was several moons younger and Beastflame had always tended to keep to himself anyways.
"Yes, I'd care very much indeed," he replied, tipping his head forward in a solemn nod. "I never intended..." Ugh, his head was pounding. He blinked several times before continuing, as if the rapid motion would dispel the ache. "...to be gone so long. I went after Snowleap. I thought if I could catch up to him I could convince 'em to stay." Stars this sounded pathetic. "But it rained somethin' nasty a day into my travel and I lost his track. I should'a headed back when I realized, but I kep' going," he paused again to catch his breath.
"I was attacked," he explained, grey tail whipping weakly in leftover frustration at the events of several moons past. "Badgers," he said, raising a paw to gesture to his missing right eye and warped features. "Messed me up pretty bad, I thought...though that was it. I dunno know how long I was out, but when I woke up I couldn't remember what had happened." He shrugged his shoulders. "An outsider foun' me, took me in an' tried to fix my face but I don' think they knew what they were doin'. Took a while to heal, but clearly didn't heal right or somethin'.
"Anyway, I was out huntin' one night a few moons later and caught a whiff of a Riverclanner, maybe some cat out explorin' too far or a runaway or somethin', an' it all came floodin' back, jus' like that,"
he shook his head, then immediately regretted it as the den began to spin. "Pardon me," he apologized to the deputy, slumping back into a vertical position heavily.
"I headed back as soon as I could after that, but had a couple holdups on the way. Damned eye opened up again, that's a pain. Truly though, I didn't wanna leave," he promised, squinting up with his singular eye at Dusklion. "I know I shouldn't have gone after Snow like that but I thought it was the right thing to do and things went sideways..." He shrugged again. "Could you tell me...what happened to Beansprout?" There were a thousand other questions occupying his head, but that was the one that came out first, and it seemed most likely to help him piece together the rest of the story.

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios
Old May 24th, 2024, 12:56 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's ears perked up at Grimpaw's voice. "Oh! He's awake!" She announced, even though her mentor could clearly see that. It was more of an expression of happy surprise, she supposed. Anyway, the medicine cat apprentice gently laid her tail on Grimpaw's shoulder — a gesture of comfort and a motion to stay still, similar to what she'd seen Mistyshard do. It seemed to help calm cats down, and certainly worked for her as well. Relief flooded through Berrypaw as she watched him roll over, a sign that he was conscious and on the mend... hopefully. He was her first patient, after all — and she thanked StarClan that it seemed to be a success.

"Careful!" Berrypaw urged the warrior apprentice, using her tail tip to direct him to be still. Her voice was soft and sweet, relief making her nerves ease and her heart to return to the helm. "You don't wanna reopen that wound... and I'm not too sure how long you've been out," she admitted, "but since you got in here a little bit ago you haven't moved a muscle. I'm just glad you're awake now!"

Then she glanced at the entrance of the den — was Crowglow still waiting outside? She poked her head out for a moment and called for the warrior. "Crowglow... if you're still out there, Grimpaw's awake! Just... don't bombard him," she added in a quiet mew, hoping it wouldn't cause a ruckus. The last thing Grimpaw needed was his gash reopening.

"Oh, hello!" Berrypaw turned around at a warrior's call. Redwater, was it? She wasn't too familiar with the names of those she didn't speak to directly, but she'd have to start memorizing names now that she was a high rank. And if she was going to be saving thier lives at some point.

The apprentice padded over, beckoning Redwater to come in with her tail. "Come on in! Is... something wrong?" She asked hesitantly, noticing the pained expression on the warrior's face. Of course something's wrong if she's in here! Berrypaw thought bitterly to herself, but she bit her tongue, not wanting to add more babble to her questions.

[ @constellation @/starry ]
Crowglow seemed to almost immediately dart in when he heard that Grimpaw was awake. He quietly nuzzled his apprentice with a clear sign of happiness. Grimpaw just looked confused more than anything.
Old May 25th, 2024, 04:24 AM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post

So no food for Springkit. Mistyshard gazed at the young tom through thoughtful amber hues, tilting his head as he explained it was hard to breath. Not in a physical way, more in a mental way? Was that what the kit was trying to say? Unless it was something similar to Pebblesplash's problem, she was pretty sure this meant it would be something bothering Springkit's brain. His stomach was turning, and it had only started a few moments ago... hm. Ah, bingo! It started when they were talking about rats and battling them. That was probably the issue. She let out a comforting purr and attempted to nuzzle the tomcat in a gentle, comforting way.

"Rats are pretty small. They'd probably be able to hurt cats, but not too badly. And if some gets hurt, I'll be there for them to aid them. RiverClan's past medicine cat - Fawnlight - actually taught me how to treat rat bites a bit ago. So don't worry about your clanmates, they are in good paws and will all be fine." It's not like she believed everything she was saying, but she had to pretend to for Springkit. Mistyshard was.. not very confident in her own abilities, but she was pretty good at hiding that. "Do you.. feel better now, by any chance? Or do you have anymore questions? Ask away if you do." Her words were a gentle purr.

Springkit

He had been glancing down at his paws, and slightly shuffling them(it felt comforting for some reason), but looked up and smiled slightly as Misty nuzzled him. He breathed... and the feeling in his stomach felt... not as heavy. Ok, so rats weren't as big as foxes.... and if a rat did manage to hurt a warrior, Misty could help them. He was pretty glad that Misty was here, and Berrypaw would be able to do that too. Once Misty taught her, like someone named Fawnlight taught Misty. It was a pretty name, but Springkit didn't know who that was. Former medicine cat, so maybe they had moved away or something like that.

Feel better? Springkit was quiet for a bit, gaze wandering around the den as he thought about it. He felt like he could breathe a bit better. His stomach wasn't turning or anything like that. Wow. He was tired yeah, but didn't feel sick in the same way that he had - and Misty hadn't even given him any herbs (just a nuzzle. were her nuzzles magical?). "I... i do feel better." But he had been sick so he was supposed to get a herb or something to get better? Maybe it was the scent of the herbs that helped, or maybe it was just Misty being... like really super good at her job. "like I feel tired, but not sick" he paused before looking at Misty "wow, I guess being here.. eh, helps."

※⁕‡→ Lumi's shop ←‡⁕※

Do you have a cat in the Atari? Dm me for... a thing... more details then

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw - Saturn ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

My purrks

Last edited by Luminous; May 26th, 2024 at 12:08 PM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 11:20 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
The second she heard the name of their failed passive leader, Dusklion rolled her eyes. So he'd gone after a tail-tucked-between-legs cat who'd not only had a paw in creating the passive and unchecked RiverClan that the other Clans saw today, but had fled after doing so? "That rain was probably a sign for StarClan to stop you from draggin' a failure of a leader back into our Clan," the deputy snorted, glad he hadn't found trace of the tom.

The rest of the story was believable simply because of the wounds present on Beastflame. Dusklion mulled it over in her head. Badgers. Briefly she wondered if it were the same ones that she had led a team to take care of out near Cattail Pond. "...Well I'll let Fades know you're come back. 'S long as you're not plannin' to go lookin' for ghosts again, I don't see any reason to turn you away. Leave again though, 'n I'd suggest you stay gone if you want to keep your ears on your head." She narrowed her eyes briefly at the warrior, before they widened just a bit at the name Beansprout.

"Dead. Bumblestar killed him. He never got the name nor the lives of a leader - lied to us all 'bout it. Which I get, show of strength 'n everythin', but he could've at least told the Clan 'n then put up a front with the others." Dusklion gave a shrug of his shoulders and got to her paws. With him asking about Beansprout, part of Dusk wondered if he then didn't know about everything else that had transpired since then.

"Doesn't matter anymore. He went down when Tree Rat Bumblestar across the way decided to take Cattail Pond. Gingerstar came up in his place, 'n that's when we found out Bean'd lied about his name 'n lives. Shortly after that a flood washed away our old camp, 'n we were stuck in Lionsr- er, Rugged Range for a bit. That's when WindClan saw fit to attack us when we were essentially already beaten 'n homeless - because, surprise, Beansprout had gone after their leader. After that Gingers wasn't around long either, but his deputy Larkstar lasted for a bit. Did a lot to start puttin' her paw down 'n start whippin' the Clan into shape, but she fled one night just like Tansypaw - our main medicine cat after Stonepaw-" Dusk saw no need to mention Falconfeather since he didn't really even last past a couple moons, "-did - both of 'em cowardly departures, if you ask me." Another snort. "...Let's see... Larkstar chose Birdsnow as her deputy, who became leader when Larks disappeared - she chose my brother, Fades - Fadin'sun - 'n when Birdsnow got sick, Fades stepped up 'n I was named deputy." Her eyes narrowing just a bit, she added, "'N I worked hard for it, I'll have you know. Wasn't picked just because I'm his sister - I've put a lot of dedication 'n work into this Clan, 'n I..." Well now she just sounded pathetic.

Clearing her throat, Dusklion glanced over to see if Mists or Berry would arrive yet. "
Nyways, that's the rundown. Mists - Mistyshard - 'n Berrypaw, our current medicine cats, should be by shortly to patch you up. I gotta go tell Fades 'bout your return home if Pebblesplash hasn't done so already. Get patched up, 'n listen to whatever orders Mists or Berry give you for your recovery. No use in havin' you back if you don't get your strength back."
She wanted to go, but a small part of her reminded her that it would be rude to leave without answering any questions the tom might have. "...Uh, any questions 'bout anythin', or?"

[ Beastflame - @ophelia ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 27th, 2024 at 11:22 AM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 04:03 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Fadingsun nodded at Mistyshard's suggestions. "I think an event's a great idea, as is the field medics having some specializations. I'm sure we have plenty of cats who will step up; one of the only good things this Clan has done as a collective over the past few moons is step up whenever a healing matter comes up. If you need any help from me at all, let me know. I'll likely attend the event, if that's alright with you, but only so I can understand what's going on. I won't interfere with how you're running it, unless you ask me for help."

Dipping his head respectfully to both healers, he waited to see if they had any further thoughts. If not, he'd back out and leave.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old May 27th, 2024, 05:47 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Distracted

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

Berrypaw slightly flinched at Redwater's snappy words, though she tried to understand; clearly, the warrior was in pain. The other symptoms she had no real idea on what they could be — but bellyaches was easy enough to start with, right? "Bellyaches, huh? Well... we have things for that I believe...!" She glanced towards the herb stores with a frown. She'd seen some cats chew something for bellyaches before... but what? They had to have it somewhere, right?

"Huh... Mistyshard, what's the herb for bellyaches?" Berrypaw, oblivious to what everything else might mean, starting to sift through the herb store gently with her paw, trying to focus on the one thing she might be able to do. Missing prey, no idea. Gaining a lot of weight out of nowhere? Didn't that just mean she might be eating too much fresh-kill..? But the apprentice was smart enough to not ask the cranky warrior — that seemed like asking for trouble outright. So she busied herself as she dug between the herbs, hoping Redwater couldn't see through her facade.

[ @/starry @constellation ]

Berrypaw watched with a soft smile as Crowglow raced in and nuzzled his apprentice. Poor Grimpaw still looked disoriented, so she stood a ways back as to not overwhelm him. Keeping her voice gentle, she mewed, "Now, Grimpaw... if anything starts hurting real bad or bleeding again, you've gotta come back here right away, okay?" That instruction just seemed self-explanatory, so she went for it, hoping it sounded right. She did her best to put on an air of confidence in her tone, though she truly wasn't sure at all — this was her first actual time trying to heal someone. At least it seemed to be going well?

[ @Goopysharkboi | @/starry ]

Berrypaw glanced between Mistyshard and Fadingsun — they seemed to know what they were talking about. It all sounded good to her, though it was hard to imagine it in her head. So she silently nodded along, trusting that between her mentor and the leader, whatever needed to get done would be. It was comforting to hear, however, that most of the Clan seemed willing to step up when it came to healing — took a little pressure off the young apprentice's shoulders, in her mind. Anything like that, she'd be happy to go along with.

"Thank you, Fadingsun," Berrypaw mewed with a soft smile. She had no other thoughts to add, but was appreciative for the leader's support of her and Mistyshard. That meant a lot during a restless time such as this.

[ @occultation @/starry ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 28th, 2024, 02:27 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
| BERRYPAW |

Berrypaw slightly flinched at Redwater's snappy words, though she tried to understand; clearly, the warrior was in pain. The other symptoms she had no real idea on what they could be — but bellyaches was easy enough to start with, right? "Bellyaches, huh? Well... we have things for that I believe...!" She glanced towards the herb stores with a frown. She'd seen some cats chew something for bellyaches before... but what? They had to have it somewhere, right?

"Huh... Mistyshard, what's the herb for bellyaches?" Berrypaw, oblivious to what everything else might mean, starting to sift through the herb store gently with her paw, trying to focus on the one thing she might be able to do. Missing prey, no idea. Gaining a lot of weight out of nowhere? Didn't that just mean she might be eating too much fresh-kill..? But the apprentice was smart enough to not ask the cranky warrior — that seemed like asking for trouble outright. So she busied herself as she dug between the herbs, hoping Redwater couldn't see through her facade.

[ @/starry @constellation ]

Berrypaw watched with a soft smile as Crowglow raced in and nuzzled his apprentice. Poor Grimpaw still looked disoriented, so she stood a ways back as to not overwhelm him. Keeping her voice gentle, she mewed, "Now, Grimpaw... if anything starts hurting real bad or bleeding again, you've gotta come back here right away, okay?" That instruction just seemed self-explanatory, so she went for it, hoping it sounded right. She did her best to put on an air of confidence in her tone, though she truly wasn't sure at all — this was her first actual time trying to heal someone. At least it seemed to be going well?

[ @Goopysharkboi | @/starry ]

Berrypaw glanced between Mistyshard and Fadingsun — they seemed to know what they were talking about. It all sounded good to her, though it was hard to imagine it in her head. So she silently nodded along, trusting that between her mentor and the leader, whatever needed to get done would be. It was comforting to hear, however, that most of the Clan seemed willing to step up when it came to healing — took a little pressure off the young apprentice's shoulders, in her mind. Anything like that, she'd be happy to go along with.

"Thank you, Fadingsun," Berrypaw mewed with a soft smile. She had no other thoughts to add, but was appreciative for the leader's support of her and Mistyshard. That meant a lot during a restless time such as this.

[ @occultation @/starry ]
"Alright." Grimpaw nodded softly.
Old May 28th, 2024, 12:31 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

[ GRIMPAW HEALING ]

Looks like Grimpaw was finally awake. The medicine cat let out a surprised purr as he moved, one amber eye sparkling with worry. Hopefully he wouldn’t accidentally reopen his wound... Well, maybe it was just a reflex movement and he’d stop now. Grimpaw’s question was swiftly answered by Berrypaw, and Mistyshard shot her apprentice a quick grin. It was nice to see her getting more comfortable as time progressed and she was sure one day, she could make Berrypaw into a confident, bright young molly. “I would suggest he stays in here overnight, so that we can keep a close eye on him and prevent the wound from reopening. As well as to not overwhelm him.”

She tipped her head first in the direction of Berrypaw, then towards Grimpaw, wanting to know what both of the apprentices thought of her suggestion.

@squidz @Goopysharkboi

[ REDWATER DIAGNOSE ]

Mistyshard looked at Redwater curiously as she entered the den, describing her symptoms to be gaining weight, missing prey and having bellyaches. That sounded awfully much like what Mossfreckle had described to her as pregnancy symptoms, but of course, she couldn't be sure. At Berrypaw's question, she nodded thoughtfully. "We have herbs for that, yes... but it may be something else. We have to determine the cause of the bellyache. Redwater - you do seem quite cranky.. have you noticed a bit of a shift in your personality? And if you could lay down, so that I could try to prod your belly a bit to determine what's going on, that would be great."

She nodded to the warrior and let her do her things while turning to Berrypaw. She made sure to lower her voice a bit so that Redwater didn't necessarily hear this; it could affect the way this played out and really shift her mood if she did. "Berrypaw, I need you to listen closely alright? So I believe this may be a case of.. pregnancy." Her voice was hushed especially when she murmured those words. "But I can't be sure, and it's only a far fetched guess, I suppose. So let's wait to see what happens. Symptoms of pregnancy include sleeplessness, restlessness, lethargy, swellings, bloating, gassiness, personality shifts, bloating and nausea. I'm going to see if the belly is bloated or not and if I can maybe feel any baby heads, and I want you to ask Redwater some questions about the other symptoms I described, okay?"

"Again, I'm not sure, but it's a possibility I can't rule out so I think it's better to be precautious instead of ignoring something that could be life changing.." she smiled at Berrypaw and turned her attention back to Redwater, preparing to try the tactic Mossfreckle had previously described to her.

@squidz @constellation

[ SPRINGKIT... THERAPY? ]

The nuzzle seemed to lighten the kit up quite a bit. Mistyshard grinned, whiskers twitching and joy shimmering in her one amber eye. Her comforting appeared to have succeeded. So he only felt tired, and not sick.. maybe she could let him sleep in here if that helped him? And then, she was sure everything would be alright when he woke up again. Since he also commented that being in the medicine den helped... yeah, surely it would be fine just this once. There weren't any sick patients in here right now anyways. "Do you want to sleep in here for a bit, or just rest, and then go back to the nursery? You'll feel like a brand new cat and the rat's won't worry you anymore, I promise," she purred gently.

@Luminous

[ BEASTFLAME HEALING ]

Hm, it seemed like Pebblesplash had patient she needed to take care of, and this was once again a missing cat. She furrowed her brows slightly, but nodded to Pebblesplash. "Oh, that reminds me. I have something that could help your breathing issues, can you come back later so that we can try that?" She tilted her head and curiously surveyed the warrior, then diverted her attention as Dusklion entered. Well, while the two talked about Beastflame's return, she supposed she and Berrypaw could get to work with the healing.

"Gosh, that eye injury looks nasty," she hissed under her breath. "Greaaat, we don't have any celandine- Berrypaw, can you get some cobwebs and moss?" With that she dashed into the herb storage, finding marigold and bringing it back with her. This wasn't going to do much. "You know how to apply these kinds of herbs - do you think you could do that while I run into the territory to find some celandine? Without it, we're kind of lost." She knew nothing else that could help with eye injuries, maybe she'd go ask someone about that soon but now there was not enough time. Plus, their herb storage was exceptionally low stocked.

@ophelia @taillow @squidz

[ SPIRITBUNNY DIAGNOSIS ]

The pain being really much certainly wasn't good. The medicine cat carefully surveyed Spiritbunny, wheels of her mind churning as she tried to put a paw on why it could hurt that much. Stress.. yes, she did believe that could affect the kits, though she was unaware of the consequences. All she could do was guess. "Hm, I think stress can hurt them, but I'm not sure in which ways. Do you mind if you lay on your back, so that I can feel how many there are and if there's any uncommon movement?"

@Dolomedes

[ FADINGSUN CONVO ]

Mistyshard nodded thoughtfully as the leader mentioned there being quite a few cats that would step up when it came to healing. "Yeah, I agree, already got a few cats in mind. I hope they'll show up at the event." She flicked her tail slightly, amber eye watching Fadingsun in a friendly way. "'course you can attend, not a problem. Thank you for this idea, we'll certainly make the most of it." With a dismissive purr she showed that she had nothing more to say.

@occultation @squidz

[ RAINPAW HEALING ]

Carrying the apprentice, Mistyshard dashed into the medicine cat's den, panting. It had not been easy to carry Rainpaw from the ThunderClan border to here and she hoped he at least appreciated that. She quickly found Berrypaw and nodded to her apprentice, out of breath. After taking a few moments to control her breathing, she mewed hasty words. "Berry..paw.. do you.. think you could.. handle this.." she paused and took a few deep breaths, then noticed it was better. "I only need you to watch over Rainpaw. He's unconcious, so maybe take a quick look at his wounds, and apply some moss, marigold and cobwebs where you see fit. Nothing too drastic, I suppose, but he'll need some patching up. I need to go talk to Fadingsun about his actions really urgently so it would be much appreciated."

@Bean @squidz

(Bean, could you submit a healing request for an easy overview of the injuries?)

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 28th, 2024, 01:05 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
[ GRIMPAW HEALING ]

Looks like Grimpaw was finally awake. The medicine cat let out a surprised purr as he moved, one amber eye sparkling with worry. Hopefully he wouldn’t accidentally reopen his wound... Well, maybe it was just a reflex movement and he’d stop now. Grimpaw’s question was swiftly answered by Berrypaw, and Mistyshard shot her apprentice a quick grin. It was nice to see her getting more comfortable as time progressed and she was sure one day, she could make Berrypaw into a confident, bright young molly. “I would suggest he stays in here overnight, so that we can keep a close eye on him and prevent the wound from reopening. As well as to not overwhelm him.”

She tipped her head first in the direction of Berrypaw, then towards Grimpaw, wanting to know what both of the apprentices thought of her suggestion.

@squidz @Goopysharkboi

[ REDWATER DIAGNOSE ]

Mistyshard looked at Redwater curiously as she entered the den, describing her symptoms to be gaining weight, missing prey and having bellyaches. That sounded awfully much like what Mossfreckle had described to her as pregnancy symptoms, but of course, she couldn't be sure. At Berrypaw's question, she nodded thoughtfully. "We have herbs for that, yes... but it may be something else. We have to determine the cause of the bellyache. Redwater - you do seem quite cranky.. have you noticed a bit of a shift in your personality? And if you could lay down, so that I could try to prod your belly a bit to determine what's going on, that would be great."

She nodded to the warrior and let her do her things while turning to Berrypaw. She made sure to lower her voice a bit so that Redwater didn't necessarily hear this; it could affect the way this played out and really shift her mood if she did. "Berrypaw, I need you to listen closely alright? So I believe this may be a case of.. pregnancy." Her voice was hushed especially when she murmured those words. "But I can't be sure, and it's only a far fetched guess, I suppose. So let's wait to see what happens. Symptoms of pregnancy include sleeplessness, restlessness, lethargy, swellings, bloating, gassiness, personality shifts, bloating and nausea. I'm going to see if the belly is bloated or not and if I can maybe feel any baby heads, and I want you to ask Redwater some questions about the other symptoms I described, okay?"

"Again, I'm not sure, but it's a possibility I can't rule out so I think it's better to be precautious instead of ignoring something that could be life changing.." she smiled at Berrypaw and turned her attention back to Redwater, preparing to try the tactic Mossfreckle had previously described to her.

@squidz @constellation

[ SPRINGKIT... THERAPY? ]

The nuzzle seemed to lighten the kit up quite a bit. Mistyshard grinned, whiskers twitching and joy shimmering in her one amber eye. Her comforting appeared to have succeeded. So he only felt tired, and not sick.. maybe she could let him sleep in here if that helped him? And then, she was sure everything would be alright when he woke up again. Since he also commented that being in the medicine den helped... yeah, surely it would be fine just this once. There weren't any sick patients in here right now anyways. "Do you want to sleep in here for a bit, or just rest, and then go back to the nursery? You'll feel like a brand new cat and the rat's won't worry you anymore, I promise," she purred gently.

@Luminous

[ BEASTFLAME HEALING ]

Hm, it seemed like Pebblesplash had patient she needed to take care of, and this was once again a missing cat. She furrowed her brows slightly, but nodded to Pebblesplash. "Oh, that reminds me. I have something that could help your breathing issues, can you come back later so that we can try that?" She tilted her head and curiously surveyed the warrior, then diverted her attention as Dusklion entered. Well, while the two talked about Beastflame's return, she supposed she and Berrypaw could get to work with the healing.

"Gosh, that eye injury looks nasty," she hissed under her breath. "Greaaat, we don't have any celandine- Berrypaw, can you get some cobwebs and moss?" With that she dashed into the herb storage, finding marigold and bringing it back with her. This wasn't going to do much. "You know how to apply these kinds of herbs - do you think you could do that while I run into the territory to find some celandine? Without it, we're kind of lost." She knew nothing else that could help with eye injuries, maybe she'd go ask someone about that soon but now there was not enough time. Plus, their herb storage was exceptionally low stocked.

@ophelia @taillow @squidz

[ SPIRITBUNNY DIAGNOSIS ]

The pain being really much certainly wasn't good. The medicine cat carefully surveyed Spiritbunny, wheels of her mind churning as she tried to put a paw on why it could hurt that much. Stress.. yes, she did believe that could affect the kits, though she was unaware of the consequences. All she could do was guess. "Hm, I think stress can hurt them, but I'm not sure in which ways. Do you mind if you lay on your back, so that I can feel how many there are and if there's any uncommon movement?"

@Dolomedes

[ FADINGSUN CONVO ]

Mistyshard nodded thoughtfully as the leader mentioned there being quite a few cats that would step up when it came to healing. "Yeah, I agree, already got a few cats in mind. I hope they'll show up at the event." She flicked her tail slightly, amber eye watching Fadingsun in a friendly way. "'course you can attend, not a problem. Thank you for this idea, we'll certainly make the most of it." With a dismissive purr she showed that she had nothing more to say.

@occultation @squidz

[ RAINPAW HEALING ]

Carrying the apprentice, Mistyshard dashed into the medicine cat's den, panting. It had not been easy to carry Rainpaw from the ThunderClan border to here and she hoped he at least appreciated that. She quickly found Berrypaw and nodded to her apprentice, out of breath. After taking a few moments to control her breathing, she mewed hasty words. "Berry..paw.. do you.. think you could.. handle this.." she paused and took a few deep breaths, then noticed it was better. "I only need you to watch over Rainpaw. He's unconcious, so maybe take a quick look at his wounds, and apply some moss, marigold and cobwebs where you see fit. Nothing too drastic, I suppose, but he'll need some patching up. I need to go talk to Fadingsun about his actions really urgently so it would be much appreciated."

@Bean @squidz

(Bean, could you submit a healing request for an easy overview of the injuries?)
Grimpaw gave a gentle nod. As did Crowglow.
Closed Thread