Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Applepaw mentor finder!
Last post by Clamfish
Today 03:44 PM
[p] now it goes question...
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 03:38 PM
A writer's curiosity.
Last post by ollie
Today 03:32 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 03:30 PM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 03:25 PM

Old June 27th, 2022, 05:36 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Haven Springs

For @Morning!
_________
Softecho padded after Flamesong, letting him take the lead. "It's a bit steamy here," Softecho commented, flicking her ear. It made sense, with the springs around here. But it would be hard to find any prey. Hopefully they wouldn't be hidden away in their dens, waiting for night and the steam would surely taper off. Softecho sniffed at the air, trying to find a prey scent.
Old June 28th, 2022, 04:23 AM
Pfp (Iciclekit) by Spotty

The lean Toyger briefly glanced back over her shoulder when Softecho said something, a somewhat confused expression came over her face as she turned back. "uhm, yeah... hot water tends to steam." She was a little unsure how to respond to that. Then again, she didn't know how to respond to most... small-talk stuff. She was much better at logical things, like hunting. "But the warm rocks will no doubt attract lizards to rest here. Maybe some larger birds would enjoy this, so keep an eye out." There, that was much easier.

Flamesong's green gaze surveyed the area and took in everything, searching to good places where prey might be hiding. "Let's split up." She mewed, her eyes still focused on her surroundings and not looking towards Softecho. "It'll be quicker and I hunt better on my own." She started to move but stopped and looked towards her patrolmate. "But do call for me if anything happens." With that she went off alone, falling into the natural hunting position - head lowered, ears pricked, mouth slightly open to catch scents better, paws quickly but quietly moving her forward, and body lowered down somewhat.

It hadn't been too long before a scent and movement caught her attention, and she quickly switched into the hunter's crouch and began to slowly stalk forward while tasting the air. A bird. A juicy thrush to be specific. That one would make a fantastic addition to the freshkill pile, so she made sure to be careful as not to let her prey escape. She got into a better stance and gathered herself, before lunging. A clean kill sealed by a bite to the bird's neck, and it was caught. She put it away before moving on.

@Raven~

Owlstorm

Appleworm

Iciclekit

Old June 28th, 2022, 06:00 AM

For @Morning!
________
Softecho's pelt pricked irritably at Flamesong's comment. I know what causes steam, she thought to herself. The she-cat obviously didn't know how to respond to conversation. But fine, if Flamesong wanted to split up Softecho wouldn't complain about it. Turning to the opposite direction that Flamesong went, she prowled about the springs, keeping her mouth open in case any prey tried to sneak by her. Not that she thought there would be any prey...lizard! The scent of the lizard reached her mouth, causing her to pause. Softecho got into a hunting crouch and moved herself foward, and soon two dark green lizards came into veiw. Softecho licked her lips. They looked delicious. Gathering herself, Softecho waited a moment, before leaping towards her prey. She landed straight onto the first lizard killing it immediately, then whirled around and caught the other lizard by the tail, killing it with a bite to it's neck. Softecho placed the second lizard by the first, then buried both lizards and continued on.
Old June 29th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Pfp (Iciclekit) by Spotty

@Raven~

Conversations and especially smalltalk had always been a roadblock for Flamesong. Interacting with her other, as much as she enjoyed it when everyone was on top of things, proved to be the hardest task when it came to being a member of the clan. Fighting was something she excelled in, hunting would be a part of life even if she was rogue and loved on her own, and while some might complain about the boring dawn patrols, there was a safety in knowing she could be useful and hardworking without having to talk all that much, simply follow along with the steady rhythm of life Riverclan provided her with.

But here, when she was alone in nature, hunting, where she could simply fall back on her instincts and skills while also helping her clan - it was here where she could truly thrive! She had already caught the thrush of course, but that was too little prey to return with. So she kept going, ears pricked and senses on alert, until she picked up another sigh of prey. A soft rustle, almost not loud enough to hear, but it was clearly something there. Her gaze glistened with something liking to excitement as she crouched down and located what seemed to be a vole. No, not a but two voles she found. So, same as before, and one leap and two precise bites later, and her catches had been tripled. The fog had made it somewhat harder, but she was overall satisfied, and chose to return to the more open area of the Haven Springs while waiting for Softecho but not wanting to call for them and risk the loss of a catch.

Owlstorm

Appleworm

Iciclekit

Old June 30th, 2022, 06:33 PM

For @Morning!
Softecho decided she would collect one more price of prey before heading back to the meeting place. She sniffed the air, and caught the scent of a water vole. Not as good as lizards or fish, but it was prey. She stalked toward the scent, peering through the misty gloom. Soon she could see it, nibbling on a piece of food in between it's paws. Softecho licked her lips. The water vole looked at and juicy; the queens would love this. Crouching, Softecho pounced, slamming her paws down onto the vole. She killed it quickly, then stopped it up and walked back to the place to where she had buried the lizards. She grabbed all three pieces of prey by their tails, then went back to the meeting place where Flamesong was already waiting. Softecho placed her prey beside Flamesong's. "I think this is enough, don't you?" The she cat meowed, saying less as a question and more as a statement.
Old July 12th, 2022, 07:22 PM
dont try to wake me

[ closed, it's a miracle they're not missing yet but ]

Sassafrasfire ventures to the springs and explores the new landmark. Then, they slip into the warm pool and vibe for a while.
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.
Old July 15th, 2022, 01:55 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Never

~Willowfeather~

Willowfeather arrived for her patrol, and looked around. It was beautiful…
She glanced behind her to make sure Foxpaw was still with her.
Make sure to check out everything, Foxpaw. You never know.”
She bent down to sniff the ground. Nothing exactly right where her nose had tried, but she did smell a strange scent a small bit ahead…

Willowfeather narrowed her eyes, and followed it. It wasn’t exactly completely fresh, but it was lingering. It smelled- different. She slunk forward, to follow the awkward scent. Afterwards, she stopped, and still in the crouching position, looked up.

What the- was that small bits of fur? She looked behind her.
Hey uh- Foxpaw! Check out these things…” @Cxndy_Fatal

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; July 17th, 2022 at 06:32 AM.
Old July 17th, 2022, 07:06 PM
Whoop whoop

Bump Policy: Every 15hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
~Willowfeather~

Willowfeather arrived for her patrol, and looked around. It was beautiful…
She glanced behind her to make sure Foxpaw was still with her.
Make sure to check out everything, Foxpaw. You never know.”
She bent down to sniff the ground. Nothing exactly right where her nose had tried, but she did smell a strange scent a small bit ahead…

Willowfeather narrowed her eyes, and followed it. It wasn’t exactly completely fresh, but it was lingering. It smelled- different. She slunk forward, to follow the awkward scent. Afterwards, she stopped, and still in the crouching position, looked up.

What the- was that small bits of fur? She looked behind her.
Hey uh- Foxpaw! Check out these things…” @Cxndy_Fatal

Foxpaw

Foxpaw blinked. He stared up at his mentor then at the clumps of fur. "Do you think another clan was on our territory?" He asked, giving his ear a flick. He stopped for a moment Someone was probably hunting on our territory! He thought. He hissed quietly, he never like the other clans, this just made his opinion on them worse. "Sniff them! What scent do they carry?" He asked again, his tone a bit more firm this time. He held his gaze on the fur clumps, narrowing his eyes.
Old July 18th, 2022, 06:52 AM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Never

~Willowfeather~

Willowfeather touched her nose to the fur tufts. It didn’t exactly smell familiar…
I- I don’t know.” She muttered, curling her lip with dissatisfaction.
She backed away.
Here Foxpaw- you try.”
@Cxndy_Fatal

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Old July 18th, 2022, 07:00 AM
Whoop whoop

Bump Policy: Every 15hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
~Willowfeather~

Willowfeather touched her nose to the fur tufts. It didn’t exactly smell familiar…
I- I don’t know.” She muttered, curling her lip with dissatisfaction.
She backed away.
Here Foxpaw- you try.”
@Cxndy_Fatal
Foxpaw

The small tabby tom narrowed his eyes and nodded. He approached the fur clumps, sniffing at them. The stench was foul, and he wasnt afraid to let his mentor know. "Yuck!" He recoiled back from the fur, standing beside Willowfeather again. "Its definitely rogues.." He hissed.