RiverClan Camp
Last post by chickadee
Today 09:40 PM

Old November 1st, 2021, 06:40 PM
The one and only

Bump Policy: Bump after 24 hours!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Shadowledge

Daisypaw sat down at the edge of the Shadowledge waiting for Dawnstars news. (Ack! That is way shorter than I would like!)
Old November 1st, 2021, 06:41 PM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)

Junipperpaw glanced up, eyes shining. She bet this was about the gathering. It had not been her favourite. She hissed at the thought of what had conspired at the SeaStones. Suddenly, she looked up. What if Dawnstar had seen her annoying that bunny? That would be great! She puffed her chest proudly and smiled. It would be perfect. She would be respected by all the other apprentices in the clan! No one would dare call her vain again!

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity
Old November 1st, 2021, 06:51 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

Eldershade trotted towards the ledge, flicking her ears in irritation. She was tired, she was grouchy; she didn't want to deal with any cats today. Maybe she could go out after this, hunt for an hour, and spend a little bit in some sunny spot. Something to make her feel less like a rotting tooth.

Nightfoot padded next to her, quiet, and sat with his tail curled around his paws.
Old November 1st, 2021, 06:55 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Another day another meeting but at least he was now well enough to attend. Redshrike wasnt exactly someone who enjoyed meetings per say but they were important for information gathering. Dawnstar would share little tid bits of knowledge about the general going ons of the clan and the others that only she as a leader had access too. Then there was the ceremonies where a keen eye could spot those that were going to rise quicker then others and those who were soon to be hampered by their own mentors like he once was. The monochrome tom generally only cared for the information so he had more to use when it was needed however last meeting had contained a by product of when one of these meetings had blindsided him. An apprentice, or ex apprentice now as last meeting she'd gotten her warrior name. Brackenfire wasnt half bad as a student and the tom knew full well he couldve gotten worse to deal with but he still disliked teaching even as he refused to let down Dawnstar. Dawnstar who knew he disliked teaching and he'd let down very recently.... Redshrike had the sinking feeling that he might just get saddled with another apprentice as a 'punishment' for his folly.
Old November 1st, 2021, 07:15 PM

My Mood: Fine

Mistlegaze slowly lifted her head up, glancing at the ShadowClan leader from where she sat. Blinking slowly, the molly rose to her paws, doing a quick stretch before padding to the Shadowledge. She sat down near the front of the crowd, neatly curling her tail around her paws, as she gazed up at Dawnstar. She didn't know what the meeting was about, but she certainly hoped that apprentices were being promoted to warriors... New warriors always meant a stronger clan. The grey-furred she-cat remained silent, occasionally glancing around at her clan-mates.

(( open for interaction! ))

bump after 48 hours
character site

"Though my heart is resilient
there's only so much I can take"
- must be the one by she wants revenge
Old November 1st, 2021, 07:39 PM

My Mood: Sad

★ Loonfeather ★

From the shadows of the warrior's den the slunk a white spotted tom, his ears perked at the sound of the summons from Dawnstar. What news would she have for them today, he wondered? Stretching out his limbs, he cast his yellow-green eyes around for a nice spot to sit before straightening up and settling in next to the growing crowd of cats.

^ made by sid ^
characters | rp tracker
Old November 1st, 2021, 07:50 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours

At Dawnstar's call, Dapplekit immediately sprung up from where he had been stretched out in the clearing, batting around a bright crimson leaf that had mysteriously fluttered down from the thick green pine boughs that crossed over the camp. Was today the day? Would he be an apprentice?? He dug his claws into the ground excitedly, tugging up clumps of dirt as he stared towards Dawnstar, his pale blue eyes wide. His gaze flitted around the crowd, momentarily annoyed that he was unable to make out one cat from another. He wished he would be able to pick out faces from the crowd, guess who his mentor may be. He quickly shook off his irritation, too engulfed by enthusiasm to be troubled by trivial things like poor eyesight.

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old November 1st, 2021, 09:51 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixey View Post
~Laurelkit~
Lazing in the clearing, Laurelkit looked like a ball of fluff as she snoozed along. She hates sleeping in the nursery in the daytime, she preferred the clearing where, even though it was a little dim, she felt safer than the nursery. Kits had claimed she had a temper when she obviously did not and she didn’t want to be stuck listening to them murmuring about her. However, when Dawnstars call rang out from the Shadowledge, Laurelkit couldn’t help but be interested in what was going to happen during this meeting. Rising onto her paws, Laurelkit gave a long stretch, first arching her back and then stretching her legs one by one till she felt awake enough to walk. Padding forward slowly, Laurelkits mind wasn’t exactly there in the moment as her gaze was trained on the trees just beyond the walls of Shadowclans camp, the place where she wished she could go but knew she was too young to be out there and simply would have to stick to daydreaming and enjoying the prey the warriors and apprentices had caught for the clan. Being so caught up in her thoughts, Laurelkit hadn’t realized the fact that he was able to run into another cat, and when she did a little “sorry!” escaped her as she blinked up towards the cat.
@crumboo
Quailpaw, too, was lost in his own musings until an unexpected bump rocked him off his paws, forcing him to stumble into an unbalanced sort of crouch. "What- oh! Er, no problem," he mewed, peering down quizzically at the absentminded kit. An awkward moment passed, and after the pause, Quailpaw cleared his throat. "It's... Laurelkit, right?" He vaguely remembered the announcement of a litter with a kit of that name. But apparently I've been to preoccupied grouching to realize how much they've grown up already. The apprentice flicked his bobbed tail nervously and shook some of the dust off his fur. Fluffy, he noticed vaguely as the sunglight haloed his little clanmate like a spring dandelion. It didn't seem so long ago that he'd been that small. In any case, he always seemed to be more comfortable talking to kits than apprentices his size. Perhaps StarClan would make something of this little interaction.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site

Last edited by crumbl; November 1st, 2021 at 09:54 PM.
Old November 1st, 2021, 10:03 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumboo View Post

Quailpaw, too, was lost in his own musings until an unexpected bump rocked him off his paws, forcing him to stumble into an unbalanced sort of crouch. "What- oh! Er, no problem," he mewed, peering down quizzically at the absentminded kit. An awkward moment passed, and after the pause, Quailpaw cleared his throat. "It's... Laurelkit, right?" He vaguely remembered the announcement of a litter with a kit of that name. But apparently I've been to preoccupied grouching to realize how much they've grown up already. The apprentice flicked his bobbed tail nervously and shook some of the dust off his fur. Fluffy, he noticed vaguely as the sunglight haloed his little clanmate like a spring dandelion. It didn't seem so long ago that he'd been that small. In any case, he always seemed to be more comfortable talking to kits than apprentices his size. Perhaps StarClan would make something of this little interaction.
~Laurelkit~
She felt bad when the apprentice had been sent into a rather awkward crouch, her blue eyes softening as she had parted her maw to apologize yet again. However, Quailpaw had cut the young molly off before she could begin, and so instead of loudly apologizing again she simply shuffled her paws as she stared at the ground. Not only was she absentminded sometimes, but Laurelkit had difficulty making eye contact when she was speaking and she knew that it seemed rude, but she simply had no clue of how to fix it. Her ears perked up slightly as the apprentice began to speak again, being met with a pair of innocent looking blue orbs as Laurelkit gave a few blinks before nodding. “That’s me!” had come out in a bit of a proud purr as Laurelkits tail flickered back and forth with a bit of excitement. She didn’t think that apprentices or warriors would’ve paid enough attention to her to even know her name, she was sure some of them didn’t, but it felt nice to know at least one cat knew her name. But did that mean she needed to know his? Suddenly frozen, her eyes gave a few rapid blinks as she attempted to remember this cats name “and you’re..” starting this off, her gaze flickered away for a moment as a small “hmm” noise came from Laurelkit. “Oh! Oh! I remember, you’re Quailpaw, right? Or maybe Quickpaw, but I think it’s Quailpaw,” she squinted lightly at the tom as Laurelkit rocked slowly back and forth on her paws. Hopefully she had been correct.

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Last edited by Nixey; November 2nd, 2021 at 02:32 PM.
Old November 1st, 2021, 10:25 PM

My Mood: Cool

Goldenstep slipped out of the nursery as the sound of Dawnstar's voice found its way in through the entrance. She was excited to hear about how everything had gone so far; she hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Elmshadow to see if anything interesting had happened. She sat down, curling her plumed tail neatly around her paws, close to the nursery in case the kits needed her but kept her eye out for Elmshadow, hoping he'd come look for her there.
----------------------------------------------

Gingercry stood and yawned, stretching deeply before turning his attention to Dawnstar. He hadn't felt like he'd done a whole lot lately but between the gathering, the impending preparations, and training he guessed it was all starting to wear on him. He smiled to himself, maybe all of this would earn him a quick trip to the elders den. The aging tom liked to joke about the easy kick back life of being an elder but the thought of actually having nothing to do all day bored him just thinking about it.
--------------------------------

Pigeonkit bounded out of the nursery. She'd spent the morning looking for her missing sister and Batsong. Her and Dovekit should be making apprenticeship any day now and Pigeonkit feared going up there without Dovekit. But she'd turned up empty pawed, nobody seemed to know anything. She padded into the throng of cats, a mixture of anticipation hoping today would be the day but also of disappointment and worry over her family warring within her.
Gingercry