Last post by Dark
Today 01:19 AM

Old October 25th, 2021, 10:23 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlenose View Post
Coldamber finishes marking her portion of the border and returns to meet up with the others. She blinks disinterested when she sees Smokestep and looks around for their other patrol mate.
"Come on, the rest of us are finished. We need to report in now.

@xXCloudsongXx
Old October 26th, 2021, 06:29 PM
Formerly Cloudsong

Status: 'I'm going to take a little walk. Be back soon.' - Cloudsong
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Coldamber finishes marking her portion of the border and returns to meet up with the others. She blinks disinterested when she sees Smokestep and looks around for their other patrol mate.
"Come on, the rest of us are finished. We need to report in now.

@xXCloudsongXx
Cloudsong raised her head from where she had been silently doing her job "Okay..." She murmured.

~Cloudsong (WC)~Streamkit (RC)~Sugar (Kittypet)~Maple (O)~

-Please Bump Me After 48 Hours-
Old October 30th, 2021, 11:25 AM
chirps

After all three apprentices had gathered, Kestrelstar made quick work of exiting the camp. He had let silence fall between them, doing his best to combat the rising bubbles of anxiety that popped uncomfortably in his stomach. The wind sounded a bit angrier today the closer they got to the moorland, and as it ruffled his fur the RiverClan leader felt a shiver pass down his spine.

”So, Silverpaw, I know you’re training is coming along good and your assessment went well. What about you two? I haven’t heard anything yet on your progress from anyone who’s trained you?” It was a genuine question, as Kestrelstar glanced over to where Morningpaw and Whitepaw were hopefully tagging along. His heart thumped rapidly in his chest, though he managed to keep a cool expression as inquisitive yellow eyes landed on his companions.

// @littlelove @WinterMara @Creepy windtail

Last edited by spade; October 30th, 2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old October 30th, 2021, 10:31 PM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

It was odd being this close to moorland. Sure, Riverclan territory wasn't particularly shielded by trees or anything, but seeing land so bare was strange. The blustery weather cemented it even further, sending a chill down her spine when there wasn't enough anxiety to do it. Was it always this windy over here? If so, she wasn't sure how anyone could live on the moor...

Speaking of anxiety, Kestrelstar's line of questioning brought her back to the grim reality that was being stuck on this patrol. She breathed in to ground herself, and offered a short reply, praying it didn't come off too abrasively. "Fine. Streampelt is a very hard-working warrior; I'm lucky to have been trained by him. My assessment should be soon."

Despite her age, part of Morningpaw willed her to keep putting off her final assessment. She wasn't quite sure why, but a discomfort with the prospect of entering warriorhood was still there. She didn't feel like she was ready, or would ever be ready; Especially with those who should be present for her ceremony having been missing for too many moons to count. The absence of both Smokepaw and Lionshade weighed heavy on her as always.

@spade @WinterMara @Creepy windtail
Old October 31st, 2021, 08:05 PM
running with the wind

My Mood: Happy

silverpaw followed the patrol to the windclan border.
@spade @WinterMara @littlelove
Old November 1st, 2021, 10:23 AM
Percival Personal Jester

Bump Policy: 24 hours while not on hiatus, bump again after 7 days, don't bump on hiatuses.
My Mood: Adorable

| Whitepaw of Riverclan |

' 'Well, me and my...third mentor haven't really had an opportunity to train yet, outside of some swimming, but I think I only have a few more things to learn and I should be a warrior towards the middle of leafbare' '

Wait, the middle? Hm, seems even Whitepaw assumed that her progress would be slow, although there was a chance it'd be earlier into leafbare, she had no hopes at all that it'd be done by the end of leaffall, it just seemed impossible. She noticed the wind was strong today at the border, and seemed, a bit confused, and a bit concerned, and yes, it was because of her precious fur.

| @spade @littlelove @Creepy windtail

tal was here... and here.... and also here!

Last edited by WinterMara; November 1st, 2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 07:33 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours

Tidepaw woke up already coughing, her petite body wracked with the force of it as mouthfuls of sand and dirt exploded out of her mouth. As the coughing fit came to an end, the apprentice stood on shaky legs, staring around with wide eyes. She was standing on a damp sand bank, and the strong fishy scent of Riverclan mingled with the softer, more familiar fragrance of heather that marked Windclan. She must've ended up at the border, but how? She could remember heading out on a patrol... Getting knocked off her paws... Then, well, waking up here. She must have gotten lost in the Windstorm. Panic was beginning to push its way through her numb shock, her heart rate accelerating and her breathing becoming rapid. What was she supposed to do now? Her paws trembled at the thought of braving those winds again. Even if she did try to head back, would she even be able to find camp? She could barely see anything while on patrol, and doubted she'd be able to navigate her way through the storm alone. The she-cat took a step, wincing as a flash of pain scorched her side, and a vague memory of slamming into a rock floated to her memory.

She forced herself to take a deep breath, shoving down her panic. She could have a freak out once she was safe somewhere, but it wouldn't do her any good now. "Hello?" Tidepaw didn't really know who she was calling out for. A warrior? She doubted any Windclan cats would be out here, and she wasn't sure of how any Riverclan warriors would feel about some scraggly apprentice hanging out on their border. "I-" Her voice faltered. What was she even calling for? She was out her by herself. Now her whole body was shivering, and her breath coming in quick, uneven bursts. The forest seemed to spin, which didn't help any with her confusion. "Help," her voice was meek now, just wanted to be in a nest, somewhere safe. Starclan, help me, she closed her eyes as she silently muttered the prayer.

@Rani

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old November 2nd, 2021, 07:51 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

The large molly glided over the terrain with the ease of someone with light paws for her size who'd done this dozens of times before. Few cats had frequented this border of late, opting to shelter away and bunker down but Sunsetbloom had a bit of a different philosophy. She needed to know the poor dears who's territory was being savaged by the storm were ok. Sadly it seemed they would not be as peering over the border and across the plains the molly could only see the ongoing destruction of the moor. Riverclan, though a bit wind tugged, was fine and as he watched, safe from being pulled away from the tree by her bulk the molly's heart hurt and she prayed to starclan and anyone or thing that'd listen that the clan might make it here to safety.

You could say in a way her prayers were answered.

Folded ears twitched at the faint sound of a voice begging for help and Sunsetbloom was down the tree in a flash sprinting towards the noise and bursting from the bushes to gaze across the river border at the black scrap. "TIDEPAW!" The cry was worried as the molly leaped into the river swiftly swimming across with little issue before running up to the molly and using her body to shelter the apprentice. "Oh Tidepaw little bird are you alright? Its ok, youre safe now. I promise. Im here, Im here. Shhhhh its ok precious bird how can I help." The giant molly was easily large enough to shelter the windclan apprentice entirely as she checked the younger cat over purring like a thunderstorm (or a worried queen) to try and provide comfort. Tidepaw was safe with her and the warrior was going to make sure the cruel wind didnt steal her away again.

@Naiad
Old November 4th, 2021, 10:01 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours

Tidepaw's eyes flew open as she heard her name echo from the opposite side of the river, and before she could process it she was suddenly surrounded by bushy brown fur. Almost immediately, the young molly noticed the strong watery scent of Riverclan, and her muddled brain finally pieced together two and two. "Sunsetbloom!" Tidepaw exclaimed, relieved to have someone here with her. She burried her face in Sunsetbloom's thick fur as the older molly fussed over her, letting the tension seep out of her aching muscles. Her head still reeled, but she felt comforted in the presence of the familiar warrior.

"I'm alright, I just-" Tidepaw paused, lifting her head to look over the warrior's shoulder, towards Windclan territory. A slight breeze still tugged at her fur, but nothing like the powerful forces that had sent the petite black molly tumbling through the moors. In a softer voice, she continued, "I'm not going to be able to go back home for a while, am I?" She could barely see into the territory with all the sand that had been whipped up by the fervent winds. It was definitely not safe to go back, but then where did that leave her?

@Rani
(Sorry, had to cut it a little short!)

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old November 5th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Poor dear the large molly was happy she seemed alright but her heart ached for the rough circumstances that brought her here. The warriors tongue rasped over her head comfortingly as she let her body heat warm the probably chilly young cat. "Perhaps not for a bit no but Im sure things will return to normal at some point and everything will be ok. Windclan is resilient your clan and your home will withstand Im sure." And she was she believed that entirely starclan wouldnt let the moor born clan fall and neither would Twilightstar. The molly was the oldest and wisest leader in the clans and Sunsetbloom was certain she'd be acting to cope already. "In the meantime why dont you shelter with me until the storm passes, riverclan always has enough prey and Kestrelstar has given permission for windclan cats to stay as we're allies. My nest is large and Im certain my mate wont mind you joining us for a time. I can even teach you how to catch the pretty fish I talked about at the gathering? What do you say, care to shelter until its safe to go home?" Oh the warrior really hoped she'd accept the maine coon could see the wind howling and striking down on the moor like lightening and even here far from the center of the storm it tugged on her pelt. It was not the place for a young cat to stay and Tidepaw was just so small.... Yes it'd be better if she came home with Sunsetbloom for a time so the molly could use riverclans ever plentiful prey to put some meat on her bones.

Still it wasnt her choice to make. "If you wish to return to your clan I wont stop you but I'd ask that you let me give you a badger ride there? You seem ok but I'd much rather carry you just to be sure. Im more then big enough and would be happy to carry you across the river or the moor just in case......" To demonstrate this the molly sunk down lower belly on the ground offering up her large back for Tidepaw to scramble up.

@Naiad (its np!)