Last post by Estelle
Today 05:54 PM

Old September 30th, 2023, 05:33 PM
i like sad jester girl

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cold

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader[all perm. active]

The sharp stench of blood was more than drive Springpaw into haywire, the calico suddenly jumping up onto all four paws as she watched the familiar form of her mentor rushing towards the entrance of the den, frantically guiding what seemed to be an injured towards a moss-bed to try to get her check out. Oh geez. Definitely not good. Swallowing down bile, the calico trudged her way over, glancing over the patient to see who exactly it might be, and the sight was quick to make her heart stop for a split second. This was her cousin. Her damn cousin. Why the hell was her cousin injured from a fox? Who decided to let her go out into the territory when there were clearly foxes out on the run? Or… oh god, was this Alderstep’s choice? Why did he allow an apprentice to go out with him of all things and allow something as THIS to happen? A wide variety of mixed emotions thrummetted through her body, and Springpaw tried to compel herself so that she could properly focus on the current task in front of her, grimacing against the wounds that practically trailed through Lotuspaw’s body. Her eyes briefly made contact with Bumblestar’s, and she almost wanted to question what in the hell happened that caused Lotuspaw to come back all mangled and bruised up, but she held herself back. She’ll find answers later, now wasn’t the time.

“I’ll go get some wet moss and herbs real quick to help get that checked out,” she barked, glancing a quick side-eye towards Drizzlecloud before quickly bounding off towards the herb storage, precise to not step into the stream that flowed through the middle of the den as she stepped her way towards the darker areas of the den. Reaching a paw in, she grabbed the required necessities: one marigold, a wad of cobwebs, and a single black poppyseed. It was all that they required for now, and if they needed anything else, she'd rush her way back to get it. Practically putting the bundle of herbs into a leaf-like pouch, she swooped it up with her jaws and padded her way over, placing the herbs right down beside her mentor before working on clawing some of the moss off of the bed to make into a ball to soak into the water. God, this was a mess and she hated it.

@dino. @Omari @poppy.

my carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna
Old September 30th, 2023, 06:39 PM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Leafpaw
Dark brown Siamese mix ▵ She/Her
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Leafpaw didn't bother to stand in the clearing for a bit like a Sparrowfur did and whoever else. She was acutely aware that if she stood around any longer she would pass out. She stumbled into the medicine cat's den, not paying mind to what direction she was going in. Her vision was already wavering when she was halfway to camp, now she was fighting to keep her self-aware. "Lotus?" her voice dipping to a whisper at the end as she blearily looks for her sibling. Leafpaw knew her sister was in here, she had to be since Lotus was the one sent to get help. Lotuspaw had to be in here, last she recalled her sister had taken a bite to the back. That wasn't going to be unseen for a long while, had been trying to make sure that she didn't get hurt. What a failure that was since she had gotten injured, at least she didn't die. Her back end was still in pain mainly from the claw marks from the foxes but she couldn't feel anything past the base of her tail. Which had been dragging behind her all the way to camp and to this den leaving behind a trail of blood. Wasn't like it was out by the ravine, it had slowed somewhat but it hadn't stopped completely. "I feel floaty?" she could not describe how she felt like, she was ready to fall on her face and let herself just sleep.

@Omari @eris
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw / Applebees

Old September 30th, 2023, 08:54 PM
i like sad jester girl

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader[all perm. active]

Well, since Drizzlecloud was finished chewing up a good portion of the marigold—or so she suspected—she supposed that it might be a good enough time to take that portion and smother it onto the large cut that was along Feathernose’s wounds. It seemed to be a doable thing to do. Reaching a snow-white forepaw over towards the mushed pile of paste that came from the herb, she swiped it up with a forepaw and carefully began to dab it along the areas of the gnarly wounds, being careful not to accidentally rub it in too rough to cause any more potential damage to the severed skin. “After this, all you’ll be needing is just some cobwebs and maybe a poppyseed; it doesn’t seem to be that rough so hopefully you’ll be fine, but I will still give you a poppyseed anyways in case it hurts,” she explained, flashing a toothy grin towards the molly as her paste caked paw continued to rub, slowly coating with the color of scarlet. That seemed to be a common thing nowadays, but it was something that she was practically used to now after weeks of rubbing poultice into her clan-mates’ wounds.

[ -0.25 marigold ]

@Starfinder @Omari [you are completely fine! ]

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna

Last edited by iliri; October 1st, 2023 at 04:46 AM.
Old September 30th, 2023, 09:38 PM
i like sad jester girl

Springpaw

Her eyes by instinct dragged down towards the dirtied, crumpled pile of white flowers along thin, green stems. A rather sharp, sweet smell quickly touched her nostrils, and she almost felt her whiskers curl indignantly in response to the sudden sharp smell. It was almost tempting, but she was quick to ignore the bitter urge, eying the flowers skeptically as her large ears swerved up towards the direction of Bumblestar, her stomach jolting as a wave of unbridled shock and anger pulsed through her system. RiverClan sent this herb to Cattail Pond? Why? Did they ask for a deathwish? Where did they even find something like this? Huffing, Springpaw pulled herself back up onto all fours as her nose remained scrunched, her brows furrowed as she felt her brain wander throughout the distances of places to try to configure her leader’s words.

Has she ever seen this flower before? Definitely not, but that didn’t mean that she was going to want to see it again. It was dangerous and definitely lethal from what she found out from Wolfpaw’s constant retching and gagging as the poor tom-cat had randomly felt feverishly ill, which was almost quickly resolved from the fact that they found this herb along Cattail Pond. Hopefully he remained confined to camp and kept resting so that he didn’t risk worsening his stomach-bug. Clearing her throat, the calico looked directly up at Bumblestar’s deep green eyes and shook her head, a frown worming its way to her lips. “Unfortunately, no, I have no clue what that plant is as I haven’t seen it with my own eyes before. However, I do feel like we should search around Cattail Pond, or anywhere in particular in any sign of the herb; it could help us know to stay away from those areas and try to avoid it at all costs. If someone finds it, they quickly pick it up and discard it, or just stay away from that area. Either way could work, but we would have to send out patrols to see if we could find any other flower like this. We don’t want to risk anyone else growing sick from a deadly flower like this.”

Hopefully Bumblestar agreed with the decision she was making, given Springpaw’s current age and willpower, she would be willing to send out any patrols if she wanted. Hell, she would even lead one if she wanted. Which, speaking of leading… “Maybe in the morning I can lead a patrol to try to see if we can find any other herbs like it? I can tell anyone that I bring with me to tell me if they spot anything like it to absolutely avoid it at all costs. Afterwards, we can come straight back to camp to tell you where they are mainly located at and where to avoid running into it. If it works out smoothly, we might be able to figure out what exactly its name could be and what it could be called, but that’s just me,” Springpaw explained, focusing her gaze on her leader as she outlined her plan. Could it work? Potentially. Would Bumblestar agree? Hopefully. It was the most that the apprentice had in mind and if it worked, then that would mean that they would know where not to go and avoid any potential catastrophic problems such as Wolfpaw’s sudden illness.

@dino. @Omari

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna

Last edited by iliri; September 30th, 2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old September 30th, 2023, 11:02 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Pain pain pain. Agony. Angry fox still chewing on her leg. Was it even still there? Was she gonna look like Mudhound now? Violetfreckle didn't really even register what Bumblestar said. She didn't even register what she had said. Did she say something? Obviously she did. Whatever it was stirred some weird feeling in her brain that she didn't know how to put into words. Even if she did know, the feeling was overtaken by more pain. Her leg was gonna fall off. Was she still bleeding? Aw man, was she bleeding on Bumblestar's nice light fur?

"Heyyyygh I think I'm gettin your furs allllll. Red. I can. I can stop?" Her words were slurred as she very clearly was out of it. "I don' wannnaaa get you all red. You look nice n your light fur. Kinda soft n pretty. Hmmmnmgh like a nest with feathersss." She dug herself deeper into Bumblestar's pelt, completely disregarding her earlier guilty comment about getting the other cat's fur bloody. "I thiiiiink my leg's gonnnaa go poof. Can you telll medicine cat to not do that. I want my leggg," she lamented, sighing dramatically into the leader's fluff. Words were definitely coming out of her mouth, but Violetfreckle's brain was on some sort of terrible autopilot, because she had no idea what she was even saying. All she could focus on was not passing out cold again.
Bumblestar crossed the tree bridge carefully, taking it slow and making sure Violetfreckle stayed centered on her back. A low snort left her nose as the she-cat buried herself further into her fur, and she shook her head once, electing to ignore whatever was dancing around in her chest for the time being - there were more important things to concern herself with.

"My fur's fine, love," she murmured. The pet name slipped out without a thought. "I'll make sure Drizzlecloud won't take your leg. Just keep your eyes open for right now, yeah?"

The trek back to camp was precarious. As soon as she stepped down the slope, she made a bee-line for the medicine den, not even bothering to avoid the stream as she entered. "Drizzlecloud, hey, I need a little- no, actually, a lotta help. Need a lotta help here, Violetfreckle's all torn up."

There was only a hint of panic in her voice and she didn't much care to squash it, not now.

@Omari @eris
Old September 30th, 2023, 11:15 PM
ꀤ ꍏꂵ ꍏ ꋪꍟꍏ꒒ ꉣꍟꋪꌗꂦꈤ

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Fawnpaw

Slowly limping into the den, Fawnpaw greeted them weakly. "Hello.. Drippingpelt.." She said, licking the dried blood off her lips. One side of her face had a deep cut on it, blood still dripping out of it. "Will Nightgaze be proud? I tried to fight.." She mumbled, clearly shaken up from the battle. @Omari @eris @The Doctor

My characters thoughts and actions are not my own. They are simply roleplay characters and reflect nothing of my person and who I am.

Pronouns page

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; October 1st, 2023 at 02:13 PM.
Old September 30th, 2023, 11:21 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: ✩ 3 days, 1 if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

She was dazed and confused. Why was her her heart pounding and doing weird little flip flops in her -- OW. no time to focus on that. Only pain. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to her pain-ridden brain, she let out a little giggle. "Hmmmg I liiike that. My heart feels wooOOooOOOooo," she emphasized the noise, wanting to roll over but remembering she couldn't. "Eyes... open? yeah, yea yea yeah. Mhm. They're sooo open." They were not, in fact, open.

A splash of water brought her back to the Land of the Awake, and she barely heard the end of Bumblestar's spiel. "Don't be dramaaaatic, I'm fi-- YEOWCH!" She clipped her bad leg on the edge of something and a fresh spike of pain shot up, threatening to make her vomit. No, no, NOT on Bumblestar's nice fur.

// @dino. @eris @Omari \\
Old October 1st, 2023, 02:09 PM
Master of bad jokes

Status: I laugh way too much at borzois, they're just so silly
Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Nightgaze
Thunderclan warrior

Peering into the medicine den Nightgaze waited a few moments before entering, slowly but surely she limped into the den her right hind leg dragging across the floor wincing slightly at the pain but still acting brave.

Flicking her ear causally the small black she-cat glanced around the den before speaking "Hiya Drizzlecloud ya mind helping me out with these?" she called out cheerfully her face bright and smiley despite her injuries and disappointment about losing the battle.

@Omari

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; October 1st, 2023 at 02:32 PM.
Old October 1st, 2023, 10:16 PM
i like sad jester girl

Springpaw

The vision was practically embedded into her skull, pounding into the very crevices of her sleep-induced brain. A vision that felt to be more of a horrible nightmare than a vision for all she could take into account. Its constant taunting never seemed to cease, and all it did was just grow worse. It was like a wicked whisper that could never go away; its hushed voice breaking through her fragile barriers and etching to the deepest recesses of her thoughts. The medicine cat apprentice lay upside down on her moss-bed, staring blankly up at the rigid ceiling where old, disheveled roots of big and small popped out in a twisted angle where it curved and swayed, staying adjacent to its forever home.

She could almost reach a paw up to touch then. To touch and feel its small rigid surfaces against the soft texture of her vibrant pink skin along her paw-pads. It helped ease the troubling thoughts that concoursed through her mind like raging bees, but it wasn’t enough. The intense reek of the foxes was overpowering her nostrils, the overdrive of her fight-or-flight response already kicking and telling her to run. The horrific memory of the way the beasts stared hungrily into her eyes was enough to make her stomach whirl and twist sickeningly. Was Bumblestar in the right to make Alderstep go out there and pick out cats that were clearly going to get themselves critically injured from a canine as dangerous as that? A horrific predator that already almost slaughtered an young, innocent apprentice that came limping back to camp reeking of fox and blood that poured mercilessly from her wounds. Stars, it being her own cousin of all of the things considered.

Hot, boiling, bubbling piles of unfretted anger coursed through her chest, and her small, dagger-like claws were quick to slip from their sheathes, almost sinking into the green bedding beneath herself. What in the world was Alderstep thinking? He brought an innocent child with him to fight off a pack of hungry foxes and thought that she wouldn’t come back to camp looking like chewed prey? That one irrefrenable action alone was enough to showcase the altitude of what warriors thought; of how they acted. Some didn’t care. Some were downright lazy. Some didn’t even bother to get up off the ground and even bother to help out their clan-mates for once! Stars, ThunderClan was in nothing but a turmoil of a mess, and it needed to be arranged right away before it turned into something gravely worse. That was something that she was certain that nobody wanted to fret with whatsoever.

During the midst of her troubling, burdensome thoughts, tri-colored oriental-shaped ears swerved towards the narrowed entrance of the tree-like medicine den, the young healer piping up from her spot as the acrid, tangible stench of blood touched her sensitive nostrils, alongside a horrific mixture of fox that reeked alongside the horrific scent on its path. Pushing her boiling anger down, using it to fuel her into action, the small feline hopped up from the nest and swerved her way towards the herb storage, idly hopping over the small stream that flowed through the direct middle of the naturally dim-lighted den. The distinctive smell of the herbs coursed through her system, and she knelt down as she reached a paw inwards into each pile to grab out the required essentials for what would be needed for this potentially crucial injury. Cobwebs to wrap and staunch the flow, marigold to chew and smother to prevent any potential infection, and a poppyseed to help ease the unimaginative pain.

These alongside her trusty, moist bundle of moss to clean any potential debris out of the way of gnarly wounds would have to do for now. She would take care of any other essentials if they were needed once she got to her patient. Scooping the herbs into a neat leaf-like pouch, she flew down the tree-like den, being careful with her grip on the herbs as she waltzed down the den, making her way towards her visitor as she didn’t bother to stop to process what exactly might’ve happened. Leafpaw, Lotuspaw’s sister, and practically her second cousin, was barely standing upright on all fours in front of her and looking like she was on the verge of passing out judging from the fatigue dancing in her tiring blue eyes. Stars above, what the hell was Alderstep thinking in his right damn mind?

“Leafpaw, here, lean against me, I’ll help you get to a moss-bed,” the long-furred calico shifted herself over to stand close to the younger apprentice, barely reacting to the berry-red liquid that stained her tri-colored fur as she maneuvered her way towards the staggering feline, gently pressing up against her side to help the young siamese mix make her way towards an moss-bed and to hopefully get started working on. While she was right there though, Springpaw decided to take a chance to survey the tattered wounds that decorated Leafpaw’s body, narrowing her pupils down to slitted hues as she got a good look at the gnarly bite marks. Judging by the rather reeking scent of fox that elevated off from the young molly, the young feline was definitely attacked by some foxes that were potentially either adults or fox kits that were a part of the large cluster, and it wasn’t hard to tell that the gruesome wounds were bleeding like crazy, judging from the wounds that were caked in blood, refusing to dry due to the continuous flow.

With a grimace smeared on her expression, the rather small twelve moon old calico gently coaxed the younger feline to follow close by her so that she could take her to an unoccupied bed to properly rest and for her wounds to get checked out. Every fiber of Springpaw’s being was fighting to call out for Alderstep for the excuse of his actions; to interrogate and question every fiber of his being to demand why in the hell he decided to take innocent children out to fight against foxes like this. Specifically ones that lacked very little battle training. As much as she wanted to right now, she knew she couldn’t. She had to stay back at camp and make sure whoever else was just as critically injured like this got home safely. Hopefully none of her future patients died from the attack. That would’ve just made this entire situation worse and more blood poured onto Alderstep’s paws. “Drizzlecloud!” She called, peering out towards the darkest depths of the medicine den as she guided the injured Leafpaw towards an unoccupied bed. “We have someone critically injured here, and I didn’t get a chance to get any wet bundles of moss yet. Could you get some on your way here?”

It was a little weird barking out orders to her mentor, but did Springpaw really have a choice here? No. Leafpaw was in dire condition and Springpaw wasn’t going to let that slide. Not now. Not ever.

@Omari @Leafy

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

u know u wanna

Last edited by iliri; October 2nd, 2023 at 03:25 AM.
Old October 1st, 2023, 11:51 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
@Rani || @Caspian || @Omari || @dino. (to view if wanted)

He'd heard the gentle cry out for a skull. How the other warrior heard a thing he'd never know, but he was glad they did. Sticking around for a few seconds to make sure Hazelwhisker had attempted to grab them before making his way to camp. A slugs pace, but he was making his way none the less. Steps over the tree that acted as a bridge for the ravine, gentle and delicate. Calculated steps.
----------------------------

(NOW IN CAMP)

It took longer than he would have liked. Much longer, but they were here and as far as he could tell they weren't dead. How? he didn't know. Maybe their StarClan was watching out for them, or they were just lucky. Shoving his way into the den moving past patients with anything but grace. He knew other's were hurt, but he had someone with half a face at the moment and another that was actively bleeding out on him. They needed urgent care.

"Medicine Cat. I have some pretty roughed up one's here." he barked over the crowd. The den itself was...well it was pretty full. Unsure where to place the two the Calico simply stood there. Leaving them dangling from his back.

"Tell me where you want them." he huffed. At this point his legs were getting sore, and his chest was burning. It had been a second since he'd worked out quite like that before. A long while. From a distance the usually alabaster tom could be mistaken for that of a russet. The blood covering his maw and chest still wet, whereas the blood that was seeping from the pair he was carrying drizzled over his back, shoulders, and haunches.

Quite the sight to behold.

"Without worrying about our appearance, let's conclude today."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan

|| Site || ToyHouse ||
But these fingers and these palms
Full of love despite the scars
They show indisputably I
have so much more to grow
Oh, I can change, I can evolve

I can get up when I fall
I'll live contentedly, I don't need a reason why
Standing tall and