Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Site Information

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Rp finder
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 01:01 AM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by lark.
Today 12:54 AM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Fits
Today 12:32 AM
"Pick up the slack!" [ SHC...
by squidz
Last post by literalcobweb
Today 12:25 AM
Softpaw's Training [P]
by Fits
Last post by Fits
Today 12:11 AM

Old September 19th, 2024, 03:58 PM
You Cryin?

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Policy Change & Reminder

Hey! Funky question. My writing is my own, however I’ve noticed that it sometimes… fails the ai check… if it’s mine and mine only, and the detector says different, what happens then? A member shouldn’t get in trouble for something they didn’t do. What if it comes down to that though…?
Old September 19th, 2024, 04:02 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatoruSaki View Post
Hey! Funky question. My writing is my own, however I’ve noticed that it sometimes… fails the ai check… if it’s mine and mine only, and the detector says different, what happens then? A member shouldn’t get in trouble for something they didn’t do. What if it comes down to that though…?
Can you send me an example of something you've written, that the AI detector assumed was AI?

wolfhivesedgeflaketc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old September 19th, 2024, 05:02 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post
Out of curiosity, how does a person tell if writing is AI generated? AI art is pretty easy to spot for me, but writing seems a lot harder, especially with the very wide variety of writing skill levels and styles on WCO
I'm not staff, but AI writing usually has a pretty distinctive style! I've found personally that detectors can sometimes be inaccurate... so I usually look for specific pointers instead. If you ask ChatGPT or a similar model to generate posts for you, you'll find they all use almost identical formatting.

I fed ChatGPT information on my character Mountaintalon, then plugged in a roleplay post and asked it to write a response for me as a prompt. Everything below comes from the same generated response and is not my writing! Here's a few snippets in particular that stick out to me:
  • Frequent use or overuse of metaphors/similies
    • Mountaintalon's gaze was as sharp as his claws, cutting through Shockhoney's rapid-fire words.
    • The scorn he felt was immediate, sharp as a thorn in his chest, but his expression remained rigid, unreadable.

• Emphasis on certain parts of the sentence (usually adjectives and adverbs but can also apply to actions)
    • Mountaintalon's amber eyes narrowed into cold slits as Shockhoney's words tumbled out, her attempts to defend Wolfhive striking a nerve deep within him.
    • His tail lashed once behind him, the only outward sign of the anger simmering beneath his skin.
    • Mountaintalon's gaze hardened further as he stepped closer, looming over her.

• Usage of the same type of sentence structure throughout the post (sometimes excluding dialogue) with little to no variation
    • Notice how pretty much all of the examples I've used have the same formatting of "action or response to an action, comma, extra description".
    • A lot of folks use this structure when writing and I do it to, but if you're reading a post and it's most or all of non-dilogue lines, chances are it's been AI-generated!

• A more "formal" style of writing that still ends up seeming "off"

• Dialogue in pretty much every paragraph of the post that seems drawn-out for the sake of being drawn-out or just straight-up unnecessary

Alternatively, if you've come to recognize a member's style and then the next post you see by them has drastically morphed into something like the above, that could also be a pretty tell-tale sign.
Old September 19th, 2024, 05:08 PM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

I support this, even if I don't RP anymore

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old September 19th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Obsessed with Zane

Bump Policy: Anytime, please! I forget a lot :(
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
I'm not staff, but AI writing usually has a pretty distinctive style! I've found personally that detectors can sometimes be inaccurate... so I usually look for specific pointers instead. If you ask ChatGPT or a similar model to generate posts for you, you'll find they all use almost identical formatting.

I fed ChatGPT information on my character Mountaintalon, then plugged in a roleplay post and asked it to write a response for me as a prompt. Everything below comes from the same generated response and is not my writing! Here's a few snippets in particular that stick out to me:
  • Frequent use or overuse of metaphors/similies
    • Mountaintalon's gaze was as sharp as his claws, cutting through Shockhoney's rapid-fire words.
    • The scorn he felt was immediate, sharp as a thorn in his chest, but his expression remained rigid, unreadable.

• Emphasis on certain parts of the sentence (usually adjectives and adverbs but can also apply to actions)
    • Mountaintalon's amber eyes narrowed into cold slits as Shockhoney's words tumbled out, her attempts to defend Wolfhive striking a nerve deep within him.
    • His tail lashed once behind him, the only outward sign of the anger simmering beneath his skin.
    • Mountaintalon's gaze hardened further as he stepped closer, looming over her.

• Usage of the same type of sentence structure throughout the post (sometimes excluding dialogue) with little to no variation
    • Notice how pretty much all of the examples I've used have the same formatting of "action or response to an action, comma, extra description".
    • A lot of folks use this structure when writing and I do it to, but if you're reading a post and it's most or all of non-dilogue lines, chances are it's been AI-generated!

• A more "formal" style of writing that still ends up seeming "off"

• Dialogue in pretty much every paragraph of the post that seems drawn-out for the sake of being drawn-out or just straight-up unnecessary

Alternatively, if you've come to recognize a member's style and then the next post you see by them has drastically morphed into something like the above, that could also be a pretty tell-tale sign.
Those examples sound a whole lot like my own writing style and it pains me LMAO
Thank you for this, though, it's very useful ^^

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^
• • •
Dreamspirit is the current deputy of Alt SkyClan!

IcekitSilentpaw • Mothflame • Firepaw • Daykit • Windkit • Spiritkit • Eveningpaw • Mimickit • Starlingkit • Hiddenpaw • Milkbee • Flickerflame
Character Site
☆Star's Art Shop☆
Old September 19th, 2024, 05:31 PM
You Cryin?

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Can you send me an example of something you've written, that the AI detector assumed was AI?
Here or in a pm?
Old September 19th, 2024, 05:40 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starphobia View Post

Those examples sound a whole lot like my own writing style and it pains me LMAO
Thank you for this, though, it's very useful ^^
if it's any solace I've not once read one of your posts and thought AI-generated AI writing reads very soulless/almost clinical, it's a very stark difference between what I see in your posts and what I get when I just ask AI to write for me !

Last edited by dino.; September 19th, 2024 at 05:40 PM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 05:59 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatoruSaki View Post

Here or in a pm?
whatever you wanna do, can also do a support ticket

wolfhivesedgeflaketc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old September 19th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

AI seems to have an accent as well, if you read enough of ai you'll start to get the vibe for it. Also as other said a sudden change in writing style is a telltale sign of it. But if this is the only way someones ever written it worth just putting a report in just to be sure. Could be their quirk, but chatgpt has a pretty noticeable way of talking
Old September 19th, 2024, 07:41 PM
secretly plum’s favorite

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

Not gonna lie, I have once tested out AI with my terms of writing and it almost looked similar with how I write? I’m not sure how to exactly describe it, but I have tested it out before so it kinda makes me feel a little iffy about the fact AI looks so similar to how I write, on par with a lot of my posts. I am not using AI, though, so sometimes it kinda feels odd—and a little spooky—because I like using metaphors often in my posts, and AI… tends to do that? I’m not sure how to describe it completely, but it kinda just makes me feel weird how similar in par to my writing AI can be when I once tested it out for merely experimental purposes. Just my intake on this situation, as the only thing similar to ‘AI’ that I use, is Grammarly to help fix anything that isn't spelled correctly and any punctuation errors—and to change up any words that I personally do not feel deems fit with a specific sentence.

Kinda hoping I don't ever get bapped with the misconception of using anything regarding AI as… I don’t know, I suppose my writing is somewhat similar to how it sounds from what I have tested with it for experimental purposes only? Not sure how to describe it to be quite honest.

Last edited by iliri; September 19th, 2024 at 09:13 PM.