by Rowan
Last post by Rowan
Today 10:05 AM

Old May 7th, 2020, 04:56 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: The hidden motive [open for wc]

@Arie @Puddletail

Basilpaw was a bit scared by Weaselskip’s threatening warning. She reluctantly followed after Weaselskip and Puddlepaw. She wanted to stay a bit away from that angry warrior, at least for a bit. However, after a little bit of walking she soon forgot about that warning and started running slowly, a bit, not going very far ahead and kept coming back so she wouldn’t be in any trouble for ditching, but she didn’t realize she might be wearing herself out from the running she was doing.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:10 PM
all that i’ll ever need

@wren / @Shimm
Heathernose arrived late to the little group of hunters gathering for Coyotesnarl, but she caught the gist of their assignment. To hunt. Waiting for Brindlejaw to finish deciding groups, she padded up to the deputy and paused nearby to alert him to her presence but not interrupt his discussion with Heatherpaw. The tortoiseshell moved closer when an opening to speak appeared and she cleared her throat quietly. “Brindlejaw,” she started in a gentle voice, “sorry to interrupt, but I’d like to help out. Is there a group I can join?” Heathernose didn’t know why they had to hunt for Coyotesnarl, but the feline knew it was for some benefit so she didn’t worry about it.
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:25 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

@wolfnight @Shimm @wren @Zesty Mango @Arie

Peonypaw's ears perked as his name was called, picking himself up and striding over to where this little gathering was forming he listened intently as the Medicine Cat spoke. Doing his best to keep eye contact as little blobs and transparent felines walked through his line of sight, ducking to look beneath their legs, and raising his head to look over them. Gosh they were quite rude weren't they. "Hey wait what do you have planed?" he chirped, questioning his motives. Looking between the Scarred Medicine Cat and the Deputy.

Picking himself up and trotting after the group, he hopped over rocks and shadowy blobs. Golly this was fun. "I bet I'll catch more than all of you." he boasted. Although he was sure he wouldn't, he just wanted some sort of game to play.

----------------------

Honepaw was already quietly shuffling closer to the group, curiosity flickering in his droopy eyes. He wanted to know what was going on, but at the same time if he wasn't asked to help, than he'd just stay behind, maybe contemplate what they were doing till he got back. But than his name was called, he scolded himself for being nosy but happily shuffled forwards. Letting out little "Mkay."s and nods of his head.

Than Coyotesnarl started to pad off, the rest of the group following. Letting out a distressed chirp the Tan Tabby scuttled quickly up just behind the brown tabby. "Ah, um if you'd have me I'd love to help! Unless, that is Brindlejaw needs me? Aaa just put me wherever you need me most!" he babbled.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site || WCO Minecraft Origins Server ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; May 7th, 2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:33 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

-- @Zesty Mango @Puddletail --

Weaselskip sighed.. Basilpaw was already causing trouble and in truth she just wanted to bash the damned apprentice's head in. But she could in good faith not do such a thing. Yelling up at Basilpaw, "HEY! IDIOT? Yes you. You're scaring the prey away with your idiocy and I am willing to tell both Coyotesnarl and Brindlejaw about this. You're ruining what is a very important job. Now stay quiet, stay there or I will have to send you down a rabbit hole in order to make you shut up and not disrupting my lesson and my job. Now your friend here actually want to learn how to hunt and therefore he will." Gesturing to Puddlepaw she moved into the area slowly, "Since your friend was oooh so nice to disturb all the prey in the nearby area I will be showing you the basics here instead of with real prey. Just watch me closely." She slowly slid into a crouch, her weight on her back paws as she lowered her stomach to the grass. "Watch how low I carry my belly. It allows me to move further down and thereby remain unseen for longer. This is useful when flushing rabbits or stalking lapwings." With that she began moving faster and faster until she had run a circle around the apprentice, keeping her entire body down as close to the ground as possible. "This is the best technique for flushing rabbits. You'll be the one doing the flushing and when we've got a rabbit, I'll show you how to tackle them and get the jump on them." Nodding at them she gestured to the clearing. "Go ahead, try it yourself. I am here to correct you, but don't listen to your friend, she'll only distract you. I'll be taking a serious talk with Coyote and Brindle later I think."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:38 PM
5,445 posts on old site

@Arie @Puddletail
Basilpaw was a bit annoyed, but decided to try despite the fact that Weaselskip was focusing on Puddlepaw, but she didn’t really get it. Instead she tried silently running in circles low to the ground around Weaselskip. She had a huge smile on her face, making her look like an idiot. She sort of had the idea of getting low, but she seemed to be missing the point of flushing. She figured Weaselskip was bluffing so she stayed optimistic and enjoying the training session.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:41 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Coyotesnarl was pleased with the deputy’s organization. Brindlejaw was capable he just needed to pick up the pace on his duties. He’d push the tom along when he needed it. He’d be dead before Coldsong or anybody replaced him. The tom stared as Weaselskip took off with her gathering of apprentices amassed behind her. Good. That’s when heathernose appeared. “Go along with Wolfbound. Take Basilpaw with you. She seems to not be able to keep her mouth shut” his eyes flicked to the sulking apprentice who had dragged herself back toward the group. “She doesn’t have any training but you are a competent warrior” He flicked his tail towards Wolfbound, peonypaw and Basilpaw.

Than he turned and smiled faintly down at Honeypaw. He needed someone with a decent amount of brain cells to be able to help him. Marigold was tricky to gather and so was honey. He gave his ear a flick before turning his gaze back to the dispersing group. That was taken care of... they were fine. “Brindlejaw will be fine” He said softly gently running his tail over his shoulder reassuringly. “We will be gathering marigold today... honey if we can find a bees nest.” he said quietly with a nod before he stalked across the hill flicking his tail to gesture Honeypaw to follow.

@Beau @Starbot @Zesty Mango

Wolfbound stood a moment listening into Brindlejaws instructions before looking fondly upon her weird little apprentice. This would be fun.. as long as peonypaw was a fast learner and could keep up. “Okay sounds good but do you-“ the she cat paused before suddenly the medicine cat interjected placing heathernose and Basilpaw on her patrol. Her ears flattened briefly at the thought of the little apprentice having to come along with them. Great. At least she had another warrior to accompany her though. Make the most of it wolf.

“Alright kit you are with us. Heathernose” she dipped her head in brief greeting “welcome. We’ll be heading straight back towards camp and stopping about halfway by the three stones. Gotta give them a brief hunting lesson and than we can begin” The she cat offered a sweet smile before turning and starting on her way towards the three medium sized stones she had personally named.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old May 7th, 2020, 05:55 PM
all that i’ll ever need

@wren / @Starbot / @Zesty Mango
Heathernose nodded at Coyotesnarl’s instructions and offered the medicine cat a friendly smile before he moved on. She hasn’t yet met Basilpaw, but she offered her a smile too. The tortoiseshell hurried over to Wolfbound and gave the other warrior a dip of her head and a cheerful grin as a greeting, waving her tail at the other apprentice too. “Sounds great!” Heathernose’s tone was bright and she looked forward to spending the day hunting with this small patrol. The small feline didn’t have her own apprentice, so she had no experience training, but it seemed to her that giving Basilpaw a quick lesson in hunting while Wolfbound did the same for Peonypaw would be a good little training session for herself too for when she did get an apprentice. The tortoiseshell warrior turned to the two apprentices and introduced herself, “hi, Basilpaw, Peonypaw, I’m Heathernose,” and trotted along with Wolfbound toward the stones, keeping an eye mainly on Basilpaw since Peonypaw was Wolfbound’s apprentice.
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:55 PM
5,445 posts on old site

@Beau @Starbot @wren
Basilpaw gave a small skip happy to be rid of Meaniebutt, also known as Weaselskip. But she was also happy, Meaniebutt didn’t get to bury her like she threatened. Though, she wasn’t sure how she felt about her mentor’s mentor in her mind, also known as Wolfbound, who as far as she was concerned, was mentoring her wimpy and cowardly mentor, Puffinhop. Giving a big smile she squeaked,” Hunting!” bouncing along side the two warriors, she did find it weird the non-existent things Peonypaw was avoiding.

Old May 7th, 2020, 06:08 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Wolfbound found it freeing to be rid of the medicine cat and deputy... the power struggle between them was weird and tense, or perhaps she was reading the situation wrong? Never mind that. She got to get around to training today which ticked off a spot on her to-do list. As they were trotting down the hill she couldn’t help but pass sparing looks at Peonypaw. Sure she knew her apprentice was alittle weird.. ducking and moving in odd types of ways every few seconds but she thought that was just first day nervousness? Maybe there was something wrong with him? Her ears pinned to the sides of her head. Oh well... she always liked a challenge.

Hearing Heathernoses greeting the she cat only found herself grinning. Cute. The joyous molly was.. cute. The thought crossed her mind alittle too late before her mouth got away from her. “Heathernose. That’s an adorable name” Her yellow eyes fixed on the she cat for a brief moment before peeling away. Focus Wolf focus. Once she reached her destination she turned and sat down with a humph. She’d have to think back wayyy into her own apprentice days to figure exactly what to teach and how to teach it.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old May 7th, 2020, 06:29 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Puddlepaw was a little taken aback by Weaselskip's sudden outburst. It was the first time he'd ever seen another cat get so irritated, though he figured it was all with good reason. After all, Basilpaw had gone and scared off all the nearby prey that could have been used for their lesson. But he soon forgot about it. Besides, the anger was directed towards Basilpaw, and not him. Though he did feel a little pity for his friend, he needed to focus on the lesson at hand, and a pity party wasn't going to help the cause at all. Reverting his attention to hunting, he watched earnestly as Weaselskip demonstrated the proper rabbit flushing technique. He paid close attention to every detail, fearing he would mess up and get scolded. Low belly, low belly, low belly... He repeated the phrase several times in his head, to make sure he wouldn't forget it on his attempt. That was his way of memorizing things, repeating them several times through. Nodding in response to Weaselskip's words, Puddlepaw crouched low to the ground, his belly just a smidge off the floor. It felt a bit awkward at first, to be hobbling around with his stomach so close to the earth. His muscles were tensed, and his joints tightened, making it feel quite uncomfortable to move around in such a position. But after a few circles around the small clearing, the russet and black tom soon began to feel a more at ease. He began to relax his stiffened joints and muscles, allowing for a more natural, quicker, and wider range of movements. He couldn't do it quite as fast as Weaselskip had done when she demonstrated the technique, but he was getting there. He smiled as he continued practicing, proud of himself for picking it up so quickly. "Am I doing it right?" He asked, waiting to see if any part of his technique needed fixing.

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩