Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Brokenstream Finder
by korok
Last post by korok
Today 06:16 PM
"Pick up the slack!" [ SHC...
by squidz
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 06:13 PM
The Webbing filled with...
by Red'fur
Last post by Splitmoon
Today 06:11 PM
Anybody want free art?
by Eiar
Last post by Vitalspark
Today 05:43 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by gs29513
Today 05:42 PM
Closed Thread

Old November 22nd, 2023, 05:39 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Battle of the Fishcats! (open to apprentices + warriors!)

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch [PERM]
96/200

---

Swimming and battle training? Two things she so desperately needed. If she could learn a thing or two from this exercise she would be in much better shape going into battles where she would be on standby. Or if she ever needed to lend a paw hunting or needed to get wet to get some herbs she spied from land... Padding into the clearing, her eyes scan the growing crowd... Before falling upon Springpaw. Someone she recognized was here. The quick trot of her gait brings her over to the other apprentice. Never mind the icy glare she clocked from an unfamiliar apprentice some distance away. If he was gonna keep his distance, she was going to take advantage of Springpaw's open presence.

"Hey, um... Mind if I sit with ya?"

springpaw | @Leafy

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
yarrow sig image by @/Marigoldwhisper !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 05:53 PM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Springpaw
long furred torbie ▵ She/Her ▵ Beefed up [tier 1](inactive), Wendigo’s song(active)
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Would she say she was surprised to see Lionpaw finally joining an event around here but she wasn't. She figured he would come since some of the others that got apprenticed around the same time she was, were lacking skills in training. Feeling the glare that he was sending her was also no surprise, especially after their last interaction they had with each other. If she wasn't feeling any ounce of anxiety at the thought of getting in water, she would be returning the glare back. Right now she was more nerved out about what was to come, flashes of the flood still would haunt her. Springpaw looked over to see Tansypaw coming over to her followed by a question. "I don't mind!" she answered a bit to easily, hopefully she would do fine.

@Tecumori [lionpaw mention and acknowledgement] @silver.

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw / Applebees

Old November 23rd, 2023, 06:43 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechaoticdigitalcircus View Post
Weaseltooth and Sootpelt walked over. They were up for the event.

Ripplepelt

Ripplepelt sat next to the two warriors to watch as the apprentices eagerly prepared for their training exercise. It had been a few moons since she'd had an apprentice of her own, and she was looking forward to seeing how this group fared in the activity Birdsnow had planned, as well as how Riverclan's young new deputy would go handling the group of apprentices.

Looking at the group, she spotted Tansypaw amongst their ranks. She turned her head towards Weaseltooth and Sootpelt. "I'm glad to see that Tansypaw is joining in," she mewed. "It's always good to have a medicine cat who isn't afraid to get their paws wet."

Ripplepelt - 120 moons (10 years) - she/her

A spiral-patterned dark ginger she-cat with white socks and green eyes.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 10:22 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Oooh. This would be a good little bit of training to get into! Cherryswirl looked around to see if any of her current apprentices were in attendance.

"Dunepaw! Fishpaw! You two around?" She called out through the crowd, a smile resting on her maw. This would get them both some well-suited training in swimming - or rather more practice like she had hoped - something Cherry herself was more interested in teaching. Approaching Birdsnow, Cherry smiled softly at the new deputy, dipping her head in greeting,

"Great training exercise!" She chimed, "If you need some swimming teachers, I can help out!"

[ @Zel - Dunepaw mention | @Dark - Fishpaw mention | @poppy - Birdsnow ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old November 23rd, 2023, 11:04 AM

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post
Ripplepelt

Ripplepelt sat next to the two warriors to watch as the apprentices eagerly prepared for their training exercise. It had been a few moons since she'd had an apprentice of her own, and she was looking forward to seeing how this group fared in the activity Birdsnow had planned, as well as how Riverclan's young new deputy would go handling the group of apprentices.

Looking at the group, she spotted Tansypaw amongst their ranks. She turned her head towards Weaseltooth and Sootpelt. "I'm glad to see that Tansypaw is joining in," she mewed. "It's always good to have a medicine cat who isn't afraid to get their paws wet."

Ripplepelt - 120 moons (10 years) - she/her

A spiral-patterned dark ginger she-cat with white socks and green eyes.
"Yeah."
Sootpelt grunted something after weaseltooth gave a nod.
"... I can't wait for this to start."
Frostpaw suddenly ran over, dragging charredpaw.
"sootpelt! You could use this to teach Charredpaw and I our battle skills!!" He suggested excitedly as charredpaw hesitantly padded over.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 06:37 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

frecklepaw made his way to the clearing
(next post will be longer! rushin through things rn)

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old November 25th, 2023, 12:14 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

RiverClan Re: Battle of the Fishcats! (open to apprentices + warriors!)

Event [#event]

birdsnow
scarred blue mitted ragdoll with blue eyes || riverclan deputy
purrks: the collector, mind reader

Not a bad turnout at all. Birdsnow was incredibly pleased to see so many young cats deciding to take their training by the horns, so to speak, and come join the event. She truthfully thought that it would be a very good learning experience- and since it covered two of the main training instances, maybe even helped power some of these cats through towards warriorhood. She hoped that some late arrivals would show up, but luckily for her, the number of apprentices was even, so she wouldn't have to balance the teams out with a warrior.

After waiting a bit longer, she rose to her paws once more and gestured cheerfully for everyone to follow her to the small, shallow section of river that she had scouted earlier. Not shallow enough that it was impossible to swim but... let's just say it would be hard to lose anyone here, and easy to save anyone from drowning. Still, she planned on setting a few warriors as "lifeguards" to block off the downstream area so they wouldn't lose any kiddos today. She couldn't bear it, especially after Minkpaw. Turning her head as Cherryswirl spoke to her, she found herself grinning with gratefulness for the other warrior. "I definitely need a swimming teacher, thank you!" She chirped, dipping her head before turning to look back in front of her to make sure she didn't like... run into a tree or fall into a hole.

"Alright, while we're on our way out here, I might as well assign ya'll some teams and for those of you adults that decided to tag along, I have some jobs for you all, too!" She called over her shoulder, mentally going over all the apprentices that had arrived. She'd just have a Team Red and a Team Blue, because that was the first thing she had thought of and the one with the least syllables.

"Treepaw, Summerpaw, Springpaw, Tansypaw and Charredpaw, you five are going to be on the Red Team, and Sunsetpaw, Troutpaw, Lionpaw, Frostpaw and Frecklepaw, you all will be the Blue Team!" As they reached the section of the river that she had chosen, she turned and paused so the apprentices could get into groups and get into their teams. After a moment, she turned to the warriors, eyes narrowed in thought before she spoke.

"For the Blue team, Ripplepelt, you'll be the Swimming Instructor and Bluefang, you'll be the fighting Instructor. Red Team, Cherryswirl, if you could be the swimming teacher and Sootpelt, the fighting teacher. Heronheart, Hawksun and Weaseltooth, you all don't have an assigned team, but I'd like you three to stand spread out either in the water down the stream a little ways or on the banks, just in case anyone falls or starts to struggle. Which is unlikely, the water is very shallow, but just a precaution."

Raising her voice so that everyone could hear her, she hoped she wasn't talking too much but she wanted to get all the roles and instructions laid out. "I'll be watching to make sure there's no rulebreaking- which I'll get to in a second, and I'll also be checking to make sure everyone is learning as well as offer some one on one coaching if need be."

"Each team, you'll have a little while to be taught the basics of swimming and battle moves, taught by the instructors that I assigned to your groups. Once you've been taught, I'll suggest that you come up with a strategy, because after training is done, we're going to be starting the exercise! The exercise will be one team in the water or on the banks, and the second team will be trying to battle their way across the river and swim to the other bank. The team to get all their cats across the river in the least amount of time, wins!"

Pausing to catch her breath and chuckling apologetically at her entire longass monologue she had just cursed these cats with, she looked at the four instructors with a grin. "Instructors, if you have any questions or concerns, or don't feel like you want to teach the lesson, just let me know and I'll do my best to handle it. Apprentices, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to talk to me or one of the warriors coaching your team, we'll do our best to make sure you can learn and be comfortable and feel safe while doing it."

Stepping back, pausing for any questions or concerns, she finally let out a breath. Hopefully she didn't miss anything, but she was pretty sure that the kinks could be worked out as the teachers taught. "But enough of my rambling, get to teaching! You have a pretty decent amount of time, so make sure to teach them as well as you can!"

For the game description and rules please check my first post at the beginning of this thread! This event is still currently open to those who want to join late, just shoot me a mention/message letting me and/or Bird know ic and/or ooc that your cat has joined and they'll be assigned to a team!

Teachers: My next post will be on the 31st, so that leaves you all five days to speedrun a training lesson. If you need tips or ideas on how to do this, pleas don't hesitate to reach out to me, I have a few ideas hehe But if it's the 31st and everyone/most everyone still needs more time, then I'd have no problem moving it forward. I would highly suggest not teaching both at the same time, but if the other teacher is taking too long to respond, then just call Bird over/teach the skill yourself. The battle basics are necessary, dw about advanced or complicated moves, just simple defense and offense! And for swimming, I would suggest teaching basic maneuvering and treading water + anything else you think is important!

Students: You need at least one post (preferably more) of your cat actively learning and/or practicing both skills (so two or more total) in order for it to have counted! If they don't learn how to do the skill, they won't be able to realistically participate in the rest of the even unless they have prior rped out knowledge or a purrk was bought!

Message me with any questions/concerns/comments/etc, or even have your cat ask Bird IC!

My next post will be on December 2nd!

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; December 1st, 2023 at 09:46 PM.
Old November 25th, 2023, 01:11 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 120 moons - RiverClan - lesbian - tags; @Pangoligon @hawkboi @Tecumori @Thechaoticdigitalcircus @roo!
Ripplepelt purred, pleased that she was chosen to train the apprentices in swimming. There was nowhere she felt more at home than in the water, and while the weather was chilling, she wasn't afraid of a little cold - it would make the warmth of sharing tongues with her clan mates all the better afterwards. There was nothing for it but to get straight into it.

"Blue team apprentices!" she called out, stepping into the shallow water. She was sure they were all excited to get into the fun of battle training, but they needed to learn the basics before they got too excited.

She spoke to the group as she padded deeper into the water, holding back a shiver when her belly fur hit the surface. "I know it might be daunting for some of you, especially if you've never been in the water before, but once you get the hang of it, it will be second nature to you. You first need to learn to tread water."

"Step into the water, until you have to lift your chin slightly to keep your muzzle dry. Let your body adjust to the cold for a moment - we don't want anyone freezing up on us!"
She allowed a moment, then continued. "Then lift your front paws and move them like you're digging a hole."
She demonstrated with her own paws, lifting her chin to keep her head above the water, then stopped to observe the apprentice's attempts.

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; November 25th, 2023 at 01:37 AM.
Old November 25th, 2023, 02:07 AM

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Frostpaw immediately obeyed instructions.
Old November 25th, 2023, 02:15 AM

Sootpelt took a deep breath. "Alright, apprentices of the red team! Cmere! Time to learn how to properly combat an enemy." She meowed as calmly and politely as she could, but all the envy of Birdsnow, a YOUNGER WARRIOR, being picked over her for deputy role, was making it hard.
Charredpaw had immediately bounded over.
"Time to kick people with immense force?" He meowed.
"Charredpaw... What on earth is going on in that head of yours... You dodge any attacks your enemy throws until they're tired then you strike."Sootpelt just looked so amused by her apprentice's thought.

Weaseltooth gave a soft and swift nod to Birdsnow, a small smile on his face. He sat where he needed to, keeping a keen eye on the apprentices of the Red team- mainly Charredpaw. Since he was worried for the apprentice and had a sense of foreboding that could be a sign for later on(villain arcing sootpelt is being sensed by weaseltooth as he has some sort of knowledge about what makes a villain- revenge, hatred, envy, and just sheer rage are a few main ones). He was being careful anyway. He liked what sootpelt had suggested for a battle tactic.
#RedTeam
(For the event, red team members only!

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; November 25th, 2023 at 03:25 AM.
Closed Thread