My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattleCaller.
★彡[✰ꜱʏᴄᴀᴍᴏʀᴇꜱᴘʀᴏᴜᴛ.✰彡 ��
(────)
彡★✰ꜱʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ✰ ʀᴄ ✰ 28 ᴍᴏᴏɴꜱ ✰ 彡★
(────)

SycamoreSprout comes rushing in, huffing exhausted from, sprinting all the way here. "LARKSTAR!" she yells as she settles down trying to catch her breath. "It's AsterPaw, he's been torn apart by a FOX!" The small she-cat tries to elaborate some more but can't bring herself to.

SycamoreSprout speaks unsteadily, "I didn't know what to do, I didn't know whether to bring his body back or report it first. I can lead a patrol to go get it?" she offers completely torn at the death of a clanmate, it didn't help that it was a younger cat either, SycamoreSprout has a major soft spot for little ones. "May he hunt in StarClan." the damsel says still trying to find her words.
@FrostyGalaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post
"A fox?" Larkstar says almost breathlessly. She'd never personally seen one before. "Yes- uh- thank you for telling me, take a patrol with you to retrieve the body." There's more she wants to say, she wants to organize a patrol to take care of that fox for good, but she can't bring herself to say the words, too stunned by Sycamore's report.

r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 120 moons - RiverClan - lesbian
Well, at least a fox was something concrete, something she could deal with - and Sycamoresprout had mentioned a possible fox patrol when they'd brought Asterpaw's body back to camp, so deal with it she would.

"Larkstar, do you have a moment?" she mewed, waiting by the entrance to be called into the young leader's den.

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; December 19th, 2023 at 04:05 AM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Southern Girl

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
My Mood: Confused

“Yes” Honeyfall responded
@FrostyGalaxy

My Bios
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=82580

Badger’s Family Tree
https://www.familyecho.com/
Chill’s Family Tree
https://www.familyecho.com/
Old December 20th, 2023, 10:24 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch [PERM]
171/200

---

"I'm not sure why... I was too focused on... Her... To really ask too much more than who did it. 'm sorry."

The shame is suffocating. Swallowing hard, she stares at her paws, hot tears pricking annoyingly at the corners of her eyes. It was her fault. She let Willowwisp die-- she didn't even try. But what could she have done? That gash was far too deep and she didn't even have any supplies... There was nothing more she could do. But it sucks. And she hates it. Hates letting the clan down-- letting herself down. It was unacceptable. She'd think harder on this later but right now Larkstar is still talking to her and she needs to pay attention. So she lifts her head, expression hard to read, and shakes her head.

"I didn't look, but I can. I can even ask for help since I don't know exactly what I'm lookin' for. I'll... I'll go look and then get back to ya."

Bowing her head, she takes her leave, returning to the med den to search over Willowwisp's body for more clues on her attacker.

larkstar | @FrostyGalaxy

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old December 20th, 2023, 09:42 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Wingkit
He/him | 5 moons | No purrks
He had taken the time before approaching his aunt's den to compose himself (and to also make sure Honeys was safe and sound inside the nursery). There was only one reason - or maybe two - that Wingkit was here today, and he wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. It made his fur crawl thinking about entering the den of a cat who could quite possibly want nothing to do with him, especially one that was family) but still the young tom stepped into the dark, cool den and glanced around.

"...Larkstar?" His blue-green eyes had to adjust momentarily to the dim lighting as he stepped further in, searching for wherever his aunt was resting. His heart hummed in his chest like a buzzing fly but he ignored the way it screamed at him to run and hide. "...I wanted to comes and, um..." One paw digging against the ground as his tail drooped a bit and his gaze remained focused on it, the tom did whatever he could to avoid looking directly at his kin. "...um... apologize abouts, um, the... meeting." The words were muttered under his breath and accompanied with a hardened stare in his eyes that was directed at the wall just behind his aunt and not at her. Still his paw twirled against the floor of his den and the tip of his tail twitched anxiously.

[ @FrostyGalaxy ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 22nd, 2023, 12:41 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Smolderpaw was calm as he led Charredpaw and Frostpaw to the den. He sighed and looked at the two with disappointed eyes. "Yknow, if you two hadn't disobeyed Larkstar you wouldn't be in trouble. Maybe if you'd gotten battle training first you wouldn't be in huge trouble." Smolderpaw meowed softly.
"I got Charredpaw and Frostpaw for you, Larkstar!" Smolderpaw meowed calmly and gently. He quietly sat there as Charredpaw and Frostpaw glared at each other disappointedly. Obviously the two blamed each other.
"This is all your fault, Charredpaw."
"What?! How am I to blame?! I was simply trying to help Larkstar! You should be to blame, you suggested going out there in the first place-"
"ENOUGH, BOTH OF YOU." Smolderpaw hissed at the bickering apprentices who he hoped either got demoted or were given scars to pay for their actions.
@FrostyGalaxy

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; December 23rd, 2023 at 02:36 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 11:25 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post
Adderpaw
Determined, Loyal, Lawful Good
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

With the short response Adderpaw couldn't help but feel a little hurt. A curt response wasn't what she was expecting. Maybe Larkstar didn't want to be her friend, maybe she was more concerned about befriending higher ranked cats. No no, Adderpaw you couldn't think like that on so little to go on that was just asking for self defeat. What else could Adderpaw say, there wasn't much time. It seemed like Adderpaw was over staying her visit and she didn't want to get on the leader she idolized bad side. "I see. No." Adderpaw said, trying not to seem upset at all. She got up and left for the exit. Right before she left she looked back and said one more thing. "Larkstar just know trees are mighty and stand tall but they have several roots to support them up. Just... Think about that ok." We don't have to be friends, but don't think you need to be alone.

Larkstar didn't answer, eyes fixed on one of the shells that lined her nest. She was being stupid, really, she knew she needed all the help she could get, have cats who would listen to her, who trusted her, on standby. Fishbrat had said as much and she knew he was right, but that didn't mean it was easy. So she stays silent, guilt eating at her, but hopefully the apprentice might leave now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswings View Post
// I’m sorry. Rushwater dragged her out of camp and I’m unsure where they are. Dandeliontuft lowered her head apologetically. With that, she stumbled back out of the den, heading out of camp to hopefully be alone.//

"Oh, sorry, I must've misunderstood a little," she sheepishly apologizes, "I'll pull her aside when she returns, then. Thank you for coming to me with this."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post

r i p p l e p e l t
Well, at least a fox was something concrete, something she could deal with - and Sycamoresprout had mentioned a possible fox patrol when they'd brought Asterpaw's body back to camp, so deal with it she would.

"Larkstar, do you have a moment?" she mewed, waiting by the entrance to be called into the young leader's den.

Hearing the old warrior mew by the entrance of her den, Lark suppressed a shiver from the cold when she said, "come on in!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Bee View Post
“Yes” Honeyfall responded
@FrostyGalaxy

"In that case, thank you very much," Lark tried for a smile and a purr, hoping she'd succeeded at least a little bit, before pulling the morsel closer to herself and taking a bite. It was leaf-bare scrawny, but it was still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver. View Post

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch [PERM]
171/200

---

"I'm not sure why... I was too focused on... Her... To really ask too much more than who did it. 'm sorry."

The shame is suffocating. Swallowing hard, she stares at her paws, hot tears pricking annoyingly at the corners of her eyes. It was her fault. She let Willowwisp die-- she didn't even try. But what could she have done? That gash was far too deep and she didn't even have any supplies... There was nothing more she could do. But it sucks. And she hates it. Hates letting the clan down-- letting herself down. It was unacceptable. She'd think harder on this later but right now Larkstar is still talking to her and she needs to pay attention. So she lifts her head, expression hard to read, and shakes her head.

"I didn't look, but I can. I can even ask for help since I don't know exactly what I'm lookin' for. I'll... I'll go look and then get back to ya."

Bowing her head, she takes her leave, returning to the med den to search over Willowwisp's body for more clues on her attacker.

larkstar | @FrostyGalaxy

She hadn't looked for evidence of who had killed her, but, of course, how could she have thought to do that? Larkstar knew something about staring at a dead body, and often it would be difficult to do anything other than stare. Especially if the death was one you felt was your fault. Or if the one who died was someone close to you. Lark didn't blame her for not looking. She nodded when Tansy declared she would return once she had something to report, so, for now, with the healer gone, Larkwing curled up in her nest, trying to get a moment of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
Wingkit
He/him | 5 moons | No purrks
He had taken the time before approaching his aunt's den to compose himself (and to also make sure Honeys was safe and sound inside the nursery). There was only one reason - or maybe two - that Wingkit was here today, and he wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. It made his fur crawl thinking about entering the den of a cat who could quite possibly want nothing to do with him, especially one that was family) but still the young tom stepped into the dark, cool den and glanced around.

"...Larkstar?" His blue-green eyes had to adjust momentarily to the dim lighting as he stepped further in, searching for wherever his aunt was resting. His heart hummed in his chest like a buzzing fly but he ignored the way it screamed at him to run and hide. "...I wanted to comes and, um..." One paw digging against the ground as his tail drooped a bit and his gaze remained focused on it, the tom did whatever he could to avoid looking directly at his kin. "...um... apologize abouts, um, the... meeting." The words were muttered under his breath and accompanied with a hardened stare in his eyes that was directed at the wall just behind his aunt and not at her. Still his paw twirled against the floor of his den and the tip of his tail twitched anxiously.

[ @FrostyGalaxy ]

She was sort of expecting to have to be the one to come to him, but Wingkit surprised her today by being the one to show initiative. His voice was small, and his posture indicated that he was likely uncomfortable doing this, but he'd done it anyway. He'd swallowed whatever pride he has and came to apologize. Most young cats wouldn't dare to do such a thing, and Lark found herself both impressed and pleased by her nephew.

"No, no, it's ok, Wing," the leader says gently, "I wasn't - and still aren't - mad at you, I promise. And, I'm not mad at Rushwater either," well... ok, that might not be entirely true. She is mad at him, but not because he saved Honeykit, rather, she's mad he didn't say anything to her once Honey was back and safe, and on top of that, she's maybe a little mad he'd been hiding the fact that he's her brother from her for about... 19 moons now. "I'm very glad you said something, I didn't mean to get so angry I was just... really worried."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubeisdagoat View Post
Smolderpaw was calm as he led Charredpaw and Frostpaw to the den. He sighed and looked at the two with disappointed eyes. "Yknow, if you two hadn't disobeyed Larkstar you wouldn't be in trouble. Maybe if you'd gotten battle training first you wouldn't be in huge trouble." Smolderpaw meowed softly.
"I got Charredpaw and Frostpaw for you, Larkstar!" Smolderpaw meowed calmly and gently. He quietly sat there as Charredpaw and Frostpaw glared at each other disappointedly. Obviously the two blamed each other.
"This is all your fault, Charredpaw."
"What?! How am I to blame?! I was simply trying to help Larkstar! You should be to blame, you suggested going out there in the first place-"
"ENOUGH, BOTH OF YOU." Smolderpaw hissed at the bickering apprentices who he hoped either got demoted or were given scars to pay for their actions.
@FrostyGalaxy

"What the HELL do you two think you were doing?" Larkstar demanded, sweeping into her den with Birdsnow hopefully following behind (she'd wanted Bird with her in case the deputy had something else to add that Lark didn't). "I gave both of you a direct order to stay at camp, and what did you do? You deliberately disobeyed me!" Tail lashing behind her, Larkstar's gaze was icy, pinning the two apprentices with it's intensity. "What do you have to say for yourselves? What made you think what you did was in any way ok?"

[ @clarice. ]
Old December 23rd, 2023, 02:04 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Quote:

Larkstar didn't answer, eyes fixed on one of the shells that lined her nest. She was being stupid, really, she knew she needed all the help she could get, have cats who would listen to her, who trusted her, on standby. Fishbrat had said as much and she knew he was right, but that didn't mean it was easy. So she stays silent, guilt eating at her, but hopefully the apprentice might leave now...

"Oh, sorry, I must've misunderstood a little," she sheepishly apologizes, "I'll pull her aside when she returns, then. Thank you for coming to me with this."

Hearing the old warrior mew by the entrance of her den, Lark suppressed a shiver from the cold when she said, "come on in!"

"In that case, thank you very much," Lark tried for a smile and a purr, hoping she'd succeeded at least a little bit, before pulling the morsel closer to herself and taking a bite. It was leaf-bare scrawny, but it was still good.

She hadn't looked for evidence of who had killed her, but, of course, how could she have thought to do that? Larkstar knew something about staring at a dead body, and often it would be difficult to do anything other than stare. Especially if the death was one you felt was your fault. Or if the one who died was someone close to you. Lark didn't blame her for not looking. She nodded when Tansy declared she would return once she had something to report, so, for now, with the healer gone, Larkwing curled up in her nest, trying to get a moment of sleep.

She was sort of expecting to have to be the one to come to him, but Wingkit surprised her today by being the one to show initiative. His voice was small, and his posture indicated that he was likely uncomfortable doing this, but he'd done it anyway. He'd swallowed whatever pride he has and came to apologize. Most young cats wouldn't dare to do such a thing, and Lark found herself both impressed and pleased by her nephew.

"No, no, it's ok, Wing," the leader says gently, "I wasn't - and still aren't - mad at you, I promise. And, I'm not mad at Rushwater either," well... ok, that might not be entirely true. She is mad at him, but not because he saved Honeykit, rather, she's mad he didn't say anything to her once Honey was back and safe, and on top of that, she's maybe a little mad he'd been hiding the fact that he's her brother from her for about... 19 moons now. "I'm very glad you said something, I didn't mean to get so angry I was just... really worried."

"What the HELL do you two think you were doing?" Larkstar demanded, sweeping into her den with Birdsnow hopefully following behind (she'd wanted Bird with her in case the deputy had something else to add that Lark didn't). "I gave both of you a direct order to stay at camp, and what did you do? You deliberately disobeyed me!" Tail lashing behind her, Larkstar's gaze was icy, pinning the two apprentices with it's intensity. "What do you have to say for yourselves? What made you think what you did was in any way ok?"

[ @clarice. ]
As Larkstar began to yell at him, Charredpaw's ears went flat. He backed up slightly, scared. "I-I only wanted to help..." He spoke In a small, scared voice. He curled into a tiny ball and started to cry, shaking with terror. A flashback soon hit.

"What the HELL were you thinking, Matthew?!" Leon's deep voice harshly cut at Matthew as the two stood over the dead body of a massive she-cat. "Thorn died because of you! It's all YOUR fault!" Smack. Matthew felt a stinging pain as Leon's claws made contact with his face, blood dripping from his face. " GO! NOW." Leon hissed fiercely, causing Matthew to flee.
"I was only trying to help..." He mumbled as he began to run.
Charredpaw let out a low cry and started to cry, shaking with sheer terror. (charredpaw had a very stress causing flashback making him freak out so if possible I'mma just)
Frostpaw on the other hand just sighed. "Well, if your leader had only one life and you didn't wanna lose them, then you'd do what I did too!" he snapped suddenly, eyes wild with rage as he noticed the fear in Charredpaw's face.
Smolderpaw gasped in slight shock and decided to try and calm Charredpaw down.

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; December 23rd, 2023 at 02:07 PM.
Old December 24th, 2023, 01:04 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Birdsnow

With permission (obviously) the deputy followed Larkstar into her den, coming in behind Smolderpaw, Frostpaw and Charredpaw. Blinking in surprise as Smolderpaw stayed, she eyed Larkstar as if to ask if she should kick the apprentice out, but she decided to restrain herself, since Larkstar didn't seem to have a problem with it- yet- then Bird wouldn't either.

"How are either of you going to help if your killed by rogues?" She spoke firmly, watching as Charredpaw sank to the ground, trembling and sobbing, and honestly, she could do that too, but she had a Clan to help and duties to do. "Death isn't pleasant, I know more about that than most, and life isn't something to be casually risked or endangered. And if you care about your leader and those around you, you would listen to what she had to say because she knows whats best for you, herself, and those around her." She kept her voice gentle, until Frostpaw (of COURSE) started to run his mouth. Wasn't this the kid who just got his 'paw' name back?

Voice taking on a stern, icy tone, she locked gazes with Frostpaw, daring him to use that tone on her and Larkstar again. "Frostpaw, if you value your rank- the one you were just granted back, might I add, I suggest you watch your attitude and realize that you're walking a fine line." Why was this apprentice so goddamn troublesome (why were they both?)

Forcing her voice to become calm and soothing, she turned to Charredpaw. Couldn't yell at him if he was crying, it didn't sit right with her. "I know that you were trying to the right thing, but you must understand that if your leader tells you to do something- especially in a situation like that, you need to listen. You endangered yourselves and others by disobeying orders. If you wanted to help, you should've stayed at camp." Because all you did was cause more trouble for everyone. She thought with a small sigh of frustration, body still aching painfully from all the goddamn rogues she had to get body slammed and crushed by in order to save Charredpaw. How many times? Four? Four times too many, that's what she thought. Even though she would gladly walk through fire for anyone in this Clan (except the ones that wanted to kill her and Larkstar, naturally), she also wasn't thrilled about having to do it because of something that could've been as easily avoided as this.

[ @Cubeisdagoat @FrostyGalaxy ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old December 24th, 2023, 01:27 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:

r i p p l e p e l t
"Sycamoresprout and I just returned with Asterpaw's body," she mewed regretfully. "I assume you want a patrol sent out to deal with the fox that killed him, and I wanted to volunteer to lead the patrol myself - that is, if you haven't already picked someone for the position. " She felt so... restless with how little she could do about the recent deaths. Sinking her teeth into the fox who had contributed would help satisfy the urge to do something about it all.

"I also came to report on something I noticed while on a hunting patrol recently. Applebees, Treepaw and I were fishing, and the river water seemed to be much lower than one would expect for leafbare. The fish seemed to notice the difference as well - we had to change approaches and finish our patrol on land for lack of them. I told Birdsnow when I reported back from my patrol, but since I'm already here, I thought it was best to mention it to you myself."
The tip of her tail twitched in worry. "With leafbare in full swing, I'm concerned about the troubles we may face without the reliable supply of freshkill the river usually provides."

Ripplepelt gave Larkstar a moment to digest all she'd said before continuing.

"One last thing, and then I'll leave you to your own time. A few moons ago, you mentioned the possibility of taking back Cattail Pond at a clan meeting. While the consensus then was to wait, I think the time to do something may well be approaching."
Ripplepelt kept her eyes on Larkstar'sas she continued, voice serious. "ThunderClan hasn't been making itself any allies as of late, and I think that their other enemies may lend us an advantage we may not otherwise have, their attention divided between their problems.
You were right when you said that it is of more use to us than ThunderClan - they have no need for fishing or swimming territory. Their taking of the pond seems, to me, to be a move of arrogance and disrespect. It would be a wise move to show them that sort of disrespect won't be tolerated by RiverClan."

She dipped her head once more. "I apologise if my counsel is unwanted in this matter - I just thought I would voice it on the chance that an old woman's perspective might be helpful to you."

Last edited by lesbianism; December 24th, 2023 at 01:28 AM.
Old December 24th, 2023, 02:36 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarice. View Post
Birdsnow

With permission (obviously) the deputy followed Larkstar into her den, coming in behind Smolderpaw, Frostpaw and Charredpaw. Blinking in surprise as Smolderpaw stayed, she eyed Larkstar as if to ask if she should kick the apprentice out, but she decided to restrain herself, since Larkstar didn't seem to have a problem with it- yet- then Bird wouldn't either.

"How are either of you going to help if your killed by rogues?" She spoke firmly, watching as Charredpaw sank to the ground, trembling and sobbing, and honestly, she could do that too, but she had a Clan to help and duties to do. "Death isn't pleasant, I know more about that than most, and life isn't something to be casually risked or endangered. And if you care about your leader and those around you, you would listen to what she had to say because she knows whats best for you, herself, and those around her." She kept her voice gentle, until Frostpaw (of COURSE) started to run his mouth. Wasn't this the kid who just got his 'paw' name back?

Voice taking on a stern, icy tone, she locked gazes with Frostpaw, daring him to use that tone on her and Larkstar again. "Frostpaw, if you value your rank- the one you were just granted back, might I add, I suggest you watch your attitude and realize that you're walking a fine line." Why was this apprentice so goddamn troublesome (why were they both?)

Forcing her voice to become calm and soothing, she turned to Charredpaw. Couldn't yell at him if he was crying, it didn't sit right with her. "I know that you were trying to the right thing, but you must understand that if your leader tells you to do something- especially in a situation like that, you need to listen. You endangered yourselves and others by disobeying orders. If you wanted to help, you should've stayed at camp." Because all you did was cause more trouble for everyone. She thought with a small sigh of frustration, body still aching painfully from all the goddamn rogues she had to get body slammed and crushed by in order to save Charredpaw. How many times? Four? Four times too many, that's what she thought. Even though she would gladly walk through fire for anyone in this Clan (except the ones that wanted to kill her and Larkstar, naturally), she also wasn't thrilled about having to do it because of something that could've been as easily avoided as this.

[ @Cubeisdagoat @FrostyGalaxy ]
"I-Im so sorry... I didn't know what I was doing was stupid..." Charredpaw softly meowed between sniffles as his entire body tensed up.
Frostpaw was the next to speak up.
"I'm sorry, I... The thought of Larkstar getting hurt... I freaked out and... And I didn't listen... Do whatever you're gonna do to me, direct all the blame on me, you two. Charredpaw was simply panicking and worrying about the clan meanwhile I wasn't going to sit there as everyone went to fight some psychotic rogues! I won't let anyone hurt my clan and live... Just, spare Charredpaw from punishment. He was just as worried as I was, but he was trying to follow me until he lost track of me in the battle. I'd headed back to camp the second time, but Charredpaw had gotten lost and I didn't know how to react, I panicked and almost considered running back to look for him..." Frostpaw eventually fell silent and pad over to Charredpaw, nuzzling him gently.
Smolderpaw continued to comfort Charredpaw.
"There, there, buddy... Don't worry, it's only a memory... Just focus on the future..." Smolderpaw comforted Charredpaw.

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; December 24th, 2023 at 03:00 AM.
Closed Thread