Last post by Neptune.
Today 09:18 PM

Old September 28th, 2023, 08:09 PM
reverting my way back

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader[all perm. active]

Great, now with Sparkkit taking Lilackit to an unoccupied moss-bed, she can go ahead and go search for any daisy leaves that she could use to help elevate the poor molly’s paw and maybe bring along a poppyseed too to ease the pain. The young kit looked like she desperately needed it. While they both surveyed to an moss-bed, she quickly began to descend herself towards the back of the den to rummage through the herb storage, ignorant to the fragment smell of herbs that eliminated through the air, grabbing a random daisy from the organized stockpiles and gently plucking a small leaf from its stems. She made sure to pluck out one particularly small leaf so that it was enough to properly wrap around Lilackit’s lame paw. Satisfied with her findings, the calico began to trek her way back towards the duo with the bundle of herbs held delicately in her jaws, placing herself onto her haunches in front of the duo.

“Here,” she reached over and gently grasped onto Lilackit’s lame paw, being sure to be very careful about her grabbing as she lifted the paw up for closer inspection. “Now, if it feels like I am hurting you in any way while I wrap this leaf around your paw, tell me and I will stop, alright?” Springpaw glanced up towards the young kit just to be completely sure that she heard her correctly, keeping her gaze briefly locked onto hers before moving to carefully wrap the daisy leaf around her injured paw, being extra careful of how tightly wrapped that it was going to be so that it didn’t risk hurting the young molly. “Take this poppyseed as well. It’s going to help numb the pain and make sure that it doesn’t hurt much longer,” she used her free paw to nudge the barely noticeable seed towards the direction the the kit, making it close enough for the molly to swipe it up with her tongue so that she didn’t have to stretch her neck forward to grab it.

[ - 1 daisy leaf ]

@Theodore_510 @Sleek

⊱ future carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; September 28th, 2023 at 08:52 PM.
Old September 28th, 2023, 08:37 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Sparkkit watched, trying to control his nervous breathing. He had never been here before, and he didn't want to be. The den may have a sweet, fragrant smell of herbs, but it reeked of misfortune. Anybody who ended up here had injured themselves in some way. Injuries were painful, unwanted, discouraging. He didn't know how medicine cats managed. Him, personally, he wouldn't want to be one. Not only was it so much work-boring work too, but whenever you're working the cats don't want to be there. On patrols cats are usually excited to be there, excited to bring fresh-kill for the camp. But in the medicine den, no, things were very different.

Sparkkit carefully watched, paying attention to what Springpaw was doing. She better know what she's doing, he thought, tensing his muscles to spring. If she hurt Lilackit in any way he was ready to leap and dislodge the apprentice from his friend. He narrowed his eyes as he saw the apprentice wrapping some sort of leaf around Lilackit's paw. "Lilackit, tell me if it hurts," he said, not wanting her to be hurt in any way. He stepped closer still, practically shoving his face into Lilackit's paw, watching it intently. He looked up to Lilackit's face and noticed the strain there. She was clearly trying to hold in the agony. "Gentle," he barked at Springpaw. "If you do this wrong, it'll be the last thing you do," he threatened. He wouldn't let anything happen to his friend, and he would avenge her if something bad happened to her. He knew he was just a kit, and was in no place to speak to the medicine cat apprentice like that, but he didn't care. He'd do anything to protect his best friend.

@Theodore_510 @eris
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; September 28th, 2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old September 28th, 2023, 09:20 PM
reverting my way back

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader[all perm. active]

A weave of gratitude flowed through the feline as the young tom-kit took her words into consideration and stopped pawing at the infected area. If the area wasn’t treated and lowered from the infected by then, then it was bound to grow worse and worse in the incoming days if it’s not treated. With the tom-kit’s reluctant agreement to her offer, the calico gently tugged her head back to carefully pull out the stinger, being considerate of her movements as she gently tugged back the small, barely noticeable stinger. Bits of ooze and puss were quick to follow suit as it eagerly pooled out from the infected area, oozing out after she pulled out the tiny stinger. The calico felt her stomach curl at the sight itself as she held the tiny stinger with her teeth, being careful not to touch any if it with her lips or her tongue or she could risk having as bad of an reaction to it as poor Swiftkit did. Reaching towards the occupied moss-bed, she scraped a few bits of it off and swiped it towards herself to place the stinger on, being sure that it wouldn’t be stepped on by her mentor nor anybody else that entered the den.

“Gee, that bee really got you good now, didn’t it?” The calico spoke, peering towards the inflamed area where the poor kit had been stung, visibly frowning behind the dandelion that she had just picked up to use for the area itself to soothe the bee-sting. “I’m probably going to have to use some burnet to help ease that inflammation down, and then use the dandelion to help ease the infected area,” Springpaw rambled, merely talking towards herself more than to the young tom-kit. Lifting herself back up onto all four paws, she briefly eyed the tom-kit before trudging her way back towards the herb storage, being extra careful not to step in the flowing stream that rushed through the middle of the medicine den. There were a couple occasions where she had accidentally slipped into the flowing stream and it was definitely not fun to be soaking wet with cold water.

Upon reaching the herb storage, the calico rummaged through the organized piles like she had done so numerous times before when she had to heal other different patients with different sources of herbal remedies. It didn’t take her long to detect the familiar scent of burnet overfilling her nose, as its sharp smell was quick to touch her nostrils much quicker than foul, rotten prey ever would. Even if that fact could potentially be considered not true, she wasn’t going to be very willing to test it either way.

Reaching in, she clasped her jaws together around the herb and pulled it out of the storage to inspect it in the dim light, furthering confirming her findings as she began to trudge her way back toward the injured tom-kit, placing herself down onto her haunches as she placed the green herb beside the wildflower and began to carefully use the sharp tips of her claws to scrap small bits and pieces off from the herb itself. “Now, before I smear any of this on the infected area, I am going to warn you that this is going to sting for a little bit, alright? I want you to try to think of a memory that you love and cherish the most when you start to feel that sting, alright? It’ll distract you from the pain when you feel it,” she explained, gently nudging the scraped parts towards herself to start chewing, her large ears swerving upwards to hear what the tom-kit had to say in regards to her explanation. Hopefully he wasn't going to freak out about it, or else she wouldn’t bear a chance of getting this finished.

[ -0.25 burnet ]

@Partypooper

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; September 29th, 2023 at 06:47 AM.
Old September 28th, 2023, 10:45 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Y’know, it was really hard to get a decent sleep around here. The den had been silent–her moss bed was oh, so cozy, and she was having a lovely night. Snoozing. Dreaming. Y’know, all that good stuff.

Until she heard a voice–oh, goodness, it was Bumblestar. This couldn’t be too good, could it?

Even though she had less than amazing hearing, she could still pick out a sound amidst silence. Bumblestar’s voice wasn’t necessarily quiet, either. Suppose that was a good thing, though, when it comes to talking to a cat who’s nearly completely deaf.

The blue-grey spotted tabby trilled, blinking blearily at her leader who had made a rather sudden appearance. Shaking out any scraps of moss from her fur, she rose to her paws, stepping closer to investigate what had been dropped to the ground. “Bumblestar? What’s… What’s this?”

[ @dino. @eris ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris View Post
Springpaw

Occupied in the deepest depths of well-deserved slumber, the apprentice had been promptly curled and laying comfortingly in the comforting depths of her moss-bed, her mind wandering around the random vast of dreams as she slept. It wasn’t much, just some lights, beauty, bugs. That last thing was a minor ew, but she didn’t pay much thought towards it. That was, until the sound of angered pawsteps stormed into the den, awaking her sleeping body as lapis hues instinctively shot open, glancing over towards the entrance as her nose detected a rather sour mixture of leaf litter, moss, damp moss, and… Bumblestar? What was she going in here so late? Just as puzzledness had crept into her system, it was already quick to leave and drape with nausea, her head popping up to the sound of her direct order as she glanced towards the bundle of herbs that she brought into the den. Her nose was almost quick to scrunch in response, bite clawing its way up her throat as she resisted the urge to retch at the foul stench that escaped from what had seemed to be her leader herself.

What the hell was that scent? Whatever it was, it quickly caught Springpaw’s attention and drifted the haziness away from her gaze. Blinking away the darkness that draped around her peripheral vision, she stood up onto all fours and made her way over to stand next to her mentor, peering down towards the darkened pile of herbs that were almost deemed to be unrecognizable by the darkened atmosphere around them. She almost asked the same question that her mentor did, but she held herself back. The foul stench that was practically aplots powerfully pungent off of her leader was more than enough to make her brain feel fogged as if she had breathed on the heavy smoke from a wildfire. What in the world did Bumblestar get herself into that made her smell like that? Well, that wasn’t the question now, it’s about the pile of herbs that she brought in and Springpaw didn’t want any nausea to get in the way of that while they inspected the pile.

“Where in the world did you get this?” questioned Springpaw, who ultimately resisted the urge to draw the bundle closer to herself for better inspection. She didn’t want to risk accidentally catching something that could only risk making everyone sick.

@dino. @Omari

Okay, good, they were both awake. Bumblestar had been more than prepared to shake the two of them right out of their nests if it meant getting this resolved.

Her brow pinched in a mixture of anger and concern, she unfurled the leaf that wrapped the whole bundle up to reveal clusters of dirty white flowers attached to thin green stems. "This," she spat, stabbing a set of claws into the ground. "Shypaw caught a RiverClan rat dropping it off on our territory at Cattail Pond. It's poison. I think it could be what made Wolfpaw sick."

She gave the plants a hateful look before glancing up at the two medicine cats, actively suppressing the urge to shred the entire bundle to bits. "Do either of you know what plant this is? Or even have a clue?"
Old September 29th, 2023, 11:50 AM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Swiftkit nodded when Springpaw explained that she was about to put the herb. He quickly closed the eyes, hoping it was not going to be that bad.
@eris

Purrks
Mintpaw - Mind Reader [Active]

I'm a proud Reality Shifter, and I made a thread in general board for it. Reality Shifters United
Old September 29th, 2023, 10:43 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy. View Post
Lotuspaw

The small Siamese padded in after being ushered by Bumblestar, wiping her teary face as she entered. "E-excuse me, please?" She peered into the den, finally coming to the realization that perhaps the pain and terror she had endured the past couple of hours was dwindling the apprentice's usual spunk into squeaked out manners and suppressed whimpers. "U-um, I got bit by a fox." The description was pretty lame, but she assumed the large bite mark on her back could speak for itself. Blue eyes watered and since her Muddy wasn't here, she found herself sinking into the nearest cat, sniffling softly.

[ @Omari @eris @dino. - not sure if bumble is coming with or just dropped her off so dw about a reply if it's the latter! ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud came bumbling into the den a bit later than she would have wanted. Well, suppose she couldn't be on time for everything all of the time–it's good that there were two of them here. As soon as she had entered the den, the scent of illness invaded her nostrils, and she resisted the urge to scrunch up her nose and frown.

"Springpaw–sorry I didn't get here sooner. Hello, little one–" Beetlekit, she could recognize. Usually with kits and young apprentices, she'd be carefully nosing at their fur to provide them with some comfort, but she didn't want to catch anything so she refrained from doing so.

"...A fever, perhaps?"
Drizzlecloud wondered quietly, hopefully prompting Springpaw to tell her what her own thoughts on the matter were. She had just gotten here, so Springpaw would be better at figuring out the issue here. She just hoped that it wasn't something.. Worse.

[ @eris @Katiethewolfchild , sorry her appearance is so late! ]

Similar to her apprentice, Drizzlecloud had just been doing her own thing. The herb storage was sorted, patrols had been sent out successfully, everything was… Fine, for the moment, so she relaxed a little bit. Well, she was relaxing until she smelled blood and felt the vibrations of some paws scampering into the den.

Turning her head, she watched as Springpaw sprang up from where she had been, and she was quick to follow in suit–especially after she noticed who had arrived.

"Cherrypaw!" She blurted, but before she could continue, Springpaw beat her to the punch and began asking the same questions that were on her own mind. Her jaw hung open as she watched the apprentice's body language, concern swirling around her body until it finally left a heavy weight in her gut.

"I'll grab a juniper berry, and some moss soaked in water." She told Springpaw, who was already leading Cherrypaw away.

Her movements were fast and urgent, swiping up one of the aforementioned berries before she took a small wad of moss and soaked it in the small stream that ran through the den. She was basically itching to rush back to the pair of apprentices, concern coming off of her in hot waves.

[ @/eris @bubblegum. ]

Drizzlecloud had kinda been dozing off into her own world when she barely heard a small voice. Due to how quiet they were, and her less than amazing hearing, the sound that she heard was just some muffled noise that she couldn't quite understand.

"Lotuspaw? Oh, goodness, c'mere, sweet one." Even though she hadn't heard it, she could easily observe it. A pretty nasty looking fox bite–the smell of foxes was pretty pungent, too–and the poor thing was pretty shaken up. She gently nosed at the apprentice between the ears, offering her a few gentle licks before she curled her tail over her back, guiding her towards a moss bed. "Let's get that bite checked out, okay? Come, I'd like for you to sit over here for me."

[ @/eris @Poppy ]

[ @eris ]

Bumblestar stepped into the medicine den beside Lotuspaw, tail twitching with a mixture of suppressed emotions as she took up a spot near the entrance to remain out of the way. Her eyes moved over each of the cats as Drizzlecloud swiftly moved to tend to the apprentice. Bumblestar elected to keep sitting where she was to observe

[ small post just to establish she's there, u don't need to include her in anything ]
Old September 29th, 2023, 11:07 PM

Status: I'm a sad zombie cause Muskratpaw was marked missing even though she shouldn't be missing.
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Beetlekit heard Drizzlecloud's voice, the ridiculously tiny apprentice aged kit laying still on the mossbed.
@eris @Omari
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; September 29th, 2023 at 11:08 PM.
Old September 30th, 2023, 11:11 AM
reverting my way back

Springpaw

So her assumptions had been correct. Definitely not good. Humming beneath her breath, the calico searched through her train of thought to try to memorize the tactics that Coldamber explained to her when she was telling her about how to exactly deal with situations such as these. If she recalled, borage was an easy alternative to cure the nasty disease whenever it came by. If it became worse, then it would have to be cured by catmint itself. Well, thankfully the disease didn’t seem to be that much of a problem as of yet, so she could easily give the young molly some honey from a honeycomb alongside borage so that she didn’t spit it out. That would’ve made the situation much worse if that was going to be the case. Just as she opened her jaws, her mentor was quick to come up around the corner and Springpaw focused briefly on the familiar blue-gray form of her for a split second, watching as her mentor wondered about the fever and looked quite worried about the condition Beetlekit was in. Not like she could blame her. Springpaw was just as worried.

“Indeed, a fever is part of this,” she explained, standing up onto all fours and peering over towards the herb storage for a split second before focusing back towards Beetlekit. “It’s whitecough, a rather nasty disease that mainly affects young kits and elders and that’ll only worsen if it's left untreated. It comes off early as sniffles and sore throats and we are lucky that she came into the medicine den as soon as she did. If she didn’t, it could’ve worsened into greencough and I am certain that we wouldn’t want an epidemic to take place,” she explained, gesturing a snow-white forepaw towards the herb storage as she began to trek her way towards the darkened pits. “We are going to need some borage and honey to help cure it. She’ll just need to take a few leaves and we’ll have to hope for the best that it doesn’t worsen overtime. If it does, then we are going to need to keep her in the medicine den until it has subsided.”

The thought of having to keep Beetlekit in the medicine den just felt awful, mainly for the fact that she wouldn’t even be able to get a proper chance to play at all due to the fact that she will be sick. Silently, Springpaw thanked the information that Coldamber gave her a few moons back when she bore little knowledge of herbs and their uses. Plus, not only that, their locations and the diseases that she shared with the apprentice when it was exceptionally needed. Upon reaching the herb storage, the calico bent down and reached down to snag a couple borage leaves that would be enough for the young feline to take. Before she moved to take them back to Beetlekit, she grabbed a random wad of leaves and a tiny twig and carefully wrapped the leaves around the stick, being sure to keep it tightly secure so that it didn’t fall out when she had to dip it in the honey that would be for Beetlekit to take alongside the bitter herbs. Upon successfully wrapping the leaves, she reached the stick into a pile of honeycomb and carefully dipped it into the honey, being sure to get a good enough portion of the golden nectar so that it could be used for Beetlekit herself.

After dabbing the wrapped leaf in for a couple of seconds, she lifted herself up and tilted her head so that the golden ooze didn’t drip everywhere. She swiped up the tiny, bright green leaves of borage into one of her paws and made sure to limp her way back towards the duo of felines while carefully holding the bundle of leaves in her paw. “Beetlekit, I’m going to have to ask you to eat these leaves with this honey, alright? It’s gonna taste like a really tasty treat and it’ll help soothe your throat and help make you feel better. Is that alright?” Springpaw looked at the young feline with an inquisitive look in her eye as she held the stick gingerly in her jaws, grabbing a stray leaf to gently pour a portion of the golden ooze into the center while also dropping the borage leaves right into the honey, watching as it slowly sunk into its golden depths and surrounded itself with the golden ooze of the sweet honey. Hopefully this tactic would work.

[ -0.25 honey | 2 borage leaves ]

@Omari @Katiethewolfchild

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; September 30th, 2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old September 30th, 2023, 11:49 AM

Status: I'm a sad zombie cause Muskratpaw was marked missing even though she shouldn't be missing.
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Beetlekit nodded her tiny head. @eris @Omari
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.
Old September 30th, 2023, 04:54 PM
reverting my way back

Springpaw

Thankfully, she didn’t have to wait too long for Drizzlecloud to arrive, as the calico was quick to notice her mentor springing up close behind to get to Cherrypaw as she saw how gravely petrified the apprentice seemed to be. It wasn’t like she could blame her, the calico had noticed how close the two had been becoming ever since she last saw Cherrypaw in the medicine den, and it was rather easy to say that the blue-gray tabby had been seeing the young feline as a daughter of sorts, and it almost reminded her of her own relationship with Dovefluff. It was almost bittersweet to think about, if she said so herself. Nonetheless, that wasn’t what she needed to think about right now. What she needed to do was see what was wrong with Cherrypaw and see if she could get any information about how she gained her current injury at the given moment.

After Cherrypaw was ushered towards an unoccupied moss-bed, Springpaw was quick to flinch against the sight of the tip Cherrypaw’s ear randomly falling off, her stomach whirling sickeningly against the sight. Without hesitation, the calico quickly helped the young tortoiseshell back onto her paws and directly onto the moss-bed to calm herself down, her lips pursed into a frown. “Calm down, alright? Take deep, steady breaths and look at me, alright? Just breathe and look at me. You are going to be alright,” she locked her lapis hues with Cherrypaw’s lime green, placing a paw along her shoulders to try to see if that could help ease the apprentice’s troubling mind. If not, then she would just have to hopefully wait for Drizzlecloud to bring that bundle of moss and crushed juniper berry to use for the sudden situation at the given moment. Hopefully she wasn’t going to take too long.

@Omari @bubblegum.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; September 30th, 2023 at 05:03 PM.