Old January 8th, 2024, 09:18 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

RiverClan Re: Lionsbeach

Shellwhisker
Purrks: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
RiverClan Warrior

A dappled golden-brown and white RiverClan she-cat sat beside the water's edge, staring out into the open sea.

Weaseltooth had been killed? The she-cat looked at the sky. The first stars of Silverpelt were starting to appear.

The she-cat's eyes began to water. Both of her mates were dead. And why? Because she couldn't protect them.

Oceanshine had been thrown into a rock by a dog, hitting his head and cutting it open. Shellwhisker shuddered as she remembered the hideous wound.

Now, Weaseltooth? Different story. Zephyr had killed him.

If Snake hadn't offed Zephyr, then Shellwhisker would have found a way to sink her claws in the rogue's pelt.

Shellwhisker got to her paws, flattening her ears.

Tail lashing, Shellwhisker dug her claws into the soft sand beneath her and yowled up at the sky.

''Really, StarClan?!'' The RiverClan warrior hissed. ''Why can't you let me be happy for once?''

Suddenly feeling weak, the she-cat sat back down and hung her head, looking out over the water.

Shellwhisker heard pawsteps behind her, but she didn't even look up.

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Robinsnow: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty

Last edited by paris; January 8th, 2024 at 09:19 PM.
Old January 8th, 2024, 09:45 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
Shellwhisker

Purrks: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated

RiverClan Warrior

A dappled golden-brown and white RiverClan she-cat sat beside the water's edge, staring out into the open sea.

Weaseltooth had been killed? The she-cat looked at the sky. The first stars of Silverpelt were starting to appear.

The she-cat's eyes began to water. Both of her mates were dead. And why? Because she couldn't protect them.

Oceanshine had been thrown into a rock by a dog, hitting his head and cutting it open. Shellwhisker shuddered as she remembered the hideous wound.

Now, Weaseltooth? Different story. Zephyr had killed him.

If Snake hadn't offed Zephyr, then Shellwhisker would have found a way to sink her claws in the rogue's pelt.

Shellwhisker got to her paws, flattening her ears.

Tail lashing, Shellwhisker dug her claws into the soft sand beneath her and yowled up at the sky.

''Really, StarClan?!'' The RiverClan warrior hissed. ''Why can't you let me be happy for once?''

Suddenly feeling weak, the she-cat sat back down and hung her head, looking out over the water.

Shellwhisker heard pawsteps behind her, but she didn't even look up.
Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderpaw was combing the beach looking for gifts she could give to her friends when she heard a cat's voice hiss. Her fur rose instinctively before she realized what was being said. A frown came to the shecat's face. She was still young and not very good with her words but she didn't want to have a cat grieve alone so she walked over slowly.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" Adderpaw said softly not sure how to start the conversation. The thing she did know was that she didn't want to leave this cat alone.

Last edited by Fish; January 8th, 2024 at 09:45 PM.
Old January 8th, 2024, 10:10 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post
Adderpaw

Adderpaw was combing the beach looking for gifts she could give to her friends when she heard a cat's voice hiss. Her fur rose instinctively before she realized what was being said. A frown came to the shecat's face. She was still young and not very good with her words but she didn't want to have a cat grieve alone so she walked over slowly.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" Adderpaw said softly not sure how to start the conversation. The thing she did know was that she didn't want to leave this cat alone.

Shellwhisker
Purrks - Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
RiverClan Warrior
''Sometimes it seems as if StarClan is TRYING to ruin my life.''

Shellwhisker looked up as the apprentice had padded over.

''I-It's just..'' The warrior stuttered, unsure of what to say.

''If StarClan has the power to keep things from happening,'' Shellwhisker's voice was soft, and she turned to Adderpaw.

''If they have the power to keep things from happening, why do they let said things happen?''

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder

Last edited by paris; January 8th, 2024 at 10:12 PM.
Old January 8th, 2024, 10:24 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Quote:

Shellwhisker

RiverClan Warrior

''Sometimes it seems as if StarClan is TRYING to ruin my life.''

Shellwhisker looked up as the apprentice had padded over.

''I-It's just..'' The warrior stuttered, unsure of what to say.

''If StarClan has the power to keep things from happening,'' Shellwhisker's voice was soft, and she turned to Adderpaw.

''If they have the power to keep things from happening, why do they let said things happen?''
Adderpaw

Adderpaw felt this sentiment well. She had little faith in Starclan, in fact, if the starry clan wasn't a fact in this world she would think that it was made up. Fake. Didn't exist. Yet it did, yet she put no faith into it. Though was this what the warrior needed to hear right now while riddled with so much grief. No it wasn't.

"I'm sorry Shellwhisker, just know that they are in a better place now." She said without know this for certain. "But.. Tell me about them, who were they? What was it that made you love them so much." She did not mean to make the grief worse but she had an idea. Something to comfort the warrior. Perhaps moving her mind to who they were and not that they weren't here now would help.
Old January 8th, 2024, 10:37 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
Adderpaw

Adderpaw felt this sentiment well. She had little faith in Starclan, in fact, if the starry clan wasn't a fact in this world she would think that it was made up. Fake. Didn't exist. Yet it did, yet she put no faith into it. Though was this what the warrior needed to hear right now while riddled with so much grief. No it wasn't.

"I'm sorry Shellwhisker, just know that they are in a better place now." She said without know this for certain. "But.. Tell me about them, who were they? What was it that made you love them so much." She did not mean to make the grief worse but she had an idea. Something to comfort the warrior. Perhaps moving her mind to who they were and not that they weren't here now would help.

Shellwhisker
RiverClan Warrior
''Sometimes, it's like StarClan is TRYING to ruin my life.''

Shellwhisker looked at the apprentice, ice-blue eyes glistening with emotion. When she spoke, her voice was a soft purr.

''If you had known Oceanshine, you would have respected him just as much as the rest of us did,'' She murmured. ''Oceanshine was strong and smart. He was resourceful and....quick-thinking. It took courage for him to stand up to his fears.''

''He and I had been kithood friends, and we had been made apprentices at the same time. Oceanshine stayed with me through my grief when my parents and littermates passed away. He was compassionate, and he had known what I needed when I needed it.''

Shellwhisker sniffled. ''When Oceanshine passed, I couldn't bear it. I thought I'd never have anyone else,'' The warrior paused. ''But then Weaseltooth came along.''

Shellwhisker's ears flattened a bit. ''I know he turned on his Clanmates soon after he and I had become mates, but Larkstar could at least have given me a chance to convince him that what he had done had been wrong.''

''When he was exiled, I was sneaking around at night and during patrols to see him. I came back to camp and was nearly exiled when I admitted what I was doing to Larkstar, but she had been nice enough not to.''

Shellwhisker's tail drooped. ''I understand that I broke the code, but I only broke the code so I could be happy,'' Her voice was low. ''But then Zephyr came along. Himself and his patrol had attacked me, but Weaseltooth and another tom - Barracuda was his name - had saved me, and we won the fight.''

''I learned from a passing rogue named Snake that Weaseltooth had been killed. Don't worry,'' She added, looking at Adderpaw. ''Most of the rogues know me - they know that I was Weaseltooth's mate. But...''

''But if Snake hadn't killed Zephyr, I'd be finding that rogue to sink my claws in his fur.''

Old January 8th, 2024, 10:48 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Quote:

Shellwhisker

RiverClan Warrior

''Sometimes, it's like StarClan is TRYING to ruin my life.''

Shellwhisker looked at the apprentice, ice-blue eyes glistening with emotion. When she spoke, her voice was a soft purr.

''If you had known Oceanshine, you would have respected him just as much as the rest of us did,'' She murmured. ''Oceanshine was strong and smart. He was resourceful and....quick-thinking. It took courage for him to stand up to his fears.''

''He and I had been kithood friends, and we had been made apprentices at the same time. Oceanshine stayed with me through my grief when my parents and littermates passed away. He was compassionate, and he had known what I needed when I needed it.''

Shellwhisker sniffled. ''When Oceanshine passed, I couldn't bear it. I thought I'd never have anyone else,'' The warrior paused. ''But then Weaseltooth came along.''

Shellwhisker's ears flattened a bit. ''I know he turned on his Clanmates soon after he and I had become mates, but Larkstar could at least have given me a chance to convince him that what he had done had been wrong.''

''When he was exiled, I was sneaking around at night and during patrols to see him. I came back to camp and was nearly exiled when I admitted what I was doing to Larkstar, but she had been nice enough not to.''

Shellwhisker's tail drooped. ''I understand that I broke the code, but I only broke the code so I could be happy,'' Her voice was low. ''But then Zephyr came along. Himself and his patrol had attacked me, but Weaseltooth and another tom - Barracuda was his name - had saved me, and we won the fight.''

''I learned from a passing rogue named Snake that Weaseltooth had been killed. Don't worry,'' She added, looking at Adderpaw. ''Most of the rogues know me - they know that I was Weaseltooth's mate. But...''

''But if Snake hadn't killed Zephyr, I'd be finding that rogue to sink my claws in his fur.''

Adderpaw

Adderpaw smiled when she heard the story of Oceanshine. He sounded like a wonderful tom and Shellwhisker was right, should would have loved to meet this warrior. It seemed like her plan to distract the grieving warrior had worked until she got to her next mate. Weasletooth.

It was only then did she remember what she had seen with that warrior. She didn't like what he had done but would never dare say it to Shellwisker's face. Not now, not ever. It sadden her that he had died before he could redeem himself. Even though he would probably never be let back into the clan, he could have lived a full life making up for his mistake. It was pure tragedy.

"I understand why you had broke the code and I think any reasonable cat would have understood why you had done such a thing. I'm glad that Larkstar was reasonable as you shouldn't be exiled for having still feel love for another cat." Adderpaw said softly.

"I was there when those band of rogues came to try and kidnap Charredpaw though I regret taking an eye from Snake." She let out a soft sigh looking to her paw that she remember did the deed. Never did she think she could just kill another cat on sight, but was maiming them any better?

"I would have been happy to have helped you track down that rogue. He caused so much damage."
Old January 9th, 2024, 07:02 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:

Adderpaw

Adderpaw smiled when she heard the story of Oceanshine. He sounded like a wonderful tom and Shellwhisker was right, should would have loved to meet this warrior. It seemed like her plan to distract the grieving warrior had worked until she got to her next mate. Weasletooth.

It was only then did she remember what she had seen with that warrior. She didn't like what he had done but would never dare say it to Shellwisker's face. Not now, not ever. It sadden her that he had died before he could redeem himself. Even though he would probably never be let back into the clan, he could have lived a full life making up for his mistake. It was pure tragedy.

"I understand why you had broke the code and I think any reasonable cat would have understood why you had done such a thing. I'm glad that Larkstar was reasonable as you shouldn't be exiled for having still feel love for another cat." Adderpaw said softly.

"I was there when those band of rogues came to try and kidnap Charredpaw though I regret taking an eye from Snake." She let out a soft sigh looking to her paw that she remember did the deed. Never did she think she could just kill another cat on sight, but was maiming them any better?

"I would have been happy to have helped you track down that rogue. He caused so much damage."

Shellwhisker
RiverClan Warrior
''Sometimes, it seems like StarClan is TRYING to ruin my life.''

Shellwhisker looked at Adderpaw, respect glittering in her ice-blue eyes.

''Thank you,'' She murmured, resting her head on her paws as she returned to looking over the ocean.

Old January 10th, 2024, 10:44 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

bunnytuft - riverclan - warrior - he/him

Bunnytuft looked over at the icy water, he understood that the apprentice was curious about this and he was slightly embarrassed when he didn’t know the answer. He’d always assumed it was common sense not to eat a frozen piece of prey. He’d never try something like that. He was too logical, but would it actually affect or hurt you at all? That was a good question.

He answered honestly in a rumbling voice. “I’m not sure. I’m not the type of cat you should be asking.” He meowed while waiting on Firetail.

Suddenly a thought crossed is mind and he turned to Sunsetpaw. “Er, you know how to hunt right like actually hunt, instead of fishing?” He said in his low voice, unsure of how old the apprentice was or how much training they’d had. “And you know you’re way around Lionsbeach, correct?”

. . .

@Pangoligon
@SpiritWolf_yt

Last edited by chickadee; January 10th, 2024 at 10:48 PM.
Old January 12th, 2024, 10:52 PM
Stoopi sticker

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post

bunnytuft - riverclan - warrior - he/him

Bunnytuft looked over at the icy water, he understood that the apprentice was curious about this and he was slightly embarrassed when he didn’t know the answer. He’d always assumed it was common sense not to eat a frozen piece of prey. He’d never try something like that. He was too logical, but would it actually affect or hurt you at all? That was a good question.

He answered honestly in a rumbling voice. “I’m not sure. I’m not the type of cat you should be asking.” He meowed while waiting on Firetail.

Suddenly a thought crossed is mind and he turned to Sunsetpaw. “Er, you know how to hunt right like actually hunt, instead of fishing?” He said in his low voice, unsure of how old the apprentice was or how much training they’d had. “And you know you’re way around Lionsbeach, correct?”

. . .

@Pangoligon
@SpiritWolf_yt

──────────────
[ Sunsetpaw | they/them | 9 Moons ]
Riverclan Apprentice | Post: 129
Purrks: Mind Reader, Herbal Knowledge T2, Rapid Recovery

──────────────
Guess Sunsetpaw would try to avoid picking them up. Now, they just gotta wait for Firetail to catch up. Their eyes went back to Bunnytuft as the warrior has asked them if they knew how to hunt "well..i kinda do! I know how to do a hunting crouch and then pounce on a stone though i've never actually hunted anything" yea...they still need to try doing that. Odd how the training had ended there before Troutstone seemingly vanished. They just hoped that he'll be back soon. They had a thought that actual prey are harder to catch than...a stone..so at least they're prepared for that if it's true. Could they hunt birds like normal land-prey?

Things like crabs, mice, and other things can't get away as easily but bird can fly away as soon as they notice them and Sunsetpaw...can't really...fly.....but the thought of flying cats is quite funny. Would they have wings added on to their legs or would their forelegs get replaced by wings...? The second option seems quite scary if that's put onto a real cat. "I've been here before during my territory tour not long after i became an apprentice; it was a few moons ago but i still remember this place" If a bird parent get hunted down then what happens to the bird-kits? That..sounds sad and they're probably more lonely; Well they hope they won't be accidentally hunting down birds that have an important role to do. That seems mean
╰─▸ ❝ @SpiritWolf_yt [Firetail]

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old January 13th, 2024, 03:29 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Firetail was looking around for prey, all he saw was frozen dead prey that was moldy and yucky, but suddenly a bird seemed to appear it seemed like it came from the direction of camp. Firestail took no hesitation and leaped up in time for the bird to fly in his mouth, he bit the bird killing it in a instant before landing. His sharp eyes looking around before joining his patrol"There isn't much to hunt" he mumbled with the bird in his mouth
@Pangoligon @chickadee

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up