Closed Thread

Old July 18th, 2020, 02:29 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

[ @wnder, just in case <3 ]

----Goosefury----

Goosefury had ended up hurrying on ahead. He wanted to get this patrol done quickly, so the faster he walked, the better. He slowed to a stop, raising his muzzle to sniff the air. He didn't like hunting in Sleepy Thicket and wasn't very happy that he had been assigned there - the scents tended to get muddle together.
But he did manage to catch wind of a scent that belonged to a bird, coming from a low-hanging tree branch. His body stilled and he glanced up, at the blue jay perched on the branch. It hadn't seen him yet. He bunched his legs beneath him, and then leaped, as high as he could. The scattering of leaves made the bird open its wings and try to take off, but Goosefury snagged his claws into its feathers and yanked it to the ground. A bite to the neck finished it off.
He turned to bury it when a flash of color caught his eye and he looked up again, thinking it was another blue jay. But he blinked in surprise when he caught sight of a nest, holding three bright blue eggs, teetering dangerously off the edge of the branch. He grabbed it gently in his teeth before it could fall and set it down on the ground.

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old July 18th, 2020, 08:33 AM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Aspensky

"Woah there, son! You can't just run off on a old man like that!"

Aspensky trotted along not far behind Goosefury most of the way and called out as he stopped. There was a hint of teasing in his voice, of course. Aspensky was an older warrior to be certain but he had plenty of time before he was set to lounge around in the elder's den. He didn't waste time getting to work and was soon following after a fresh scent trail. A squirrel, from the looks of it. The trail seemed to stop at the base of a tree and he was ready to give up the chase for something else when the sound of chittering caused him to freeze, ears flicking for the source of the sound.

Nearby, he spotted the fluffy, twitching tail he was looking for a dropped into a crouch. The creeping steps forward were nearly silent and he launched forward to deliver a killing blow while his prey seemed blissfully unaware. Sure, not ever hunt went so smoothly but every once in a while the senior warrior was able to demonstrate what a few more moons of experience looked like. Catch in maw, he set off to find his hunting partner and was surprised to find him pulling a bird's nest down from a tree, "Good find, Goosefury!" he called out, though the words were muffled by his prey.

[ @Slushie ]
Old July 18th, 2020, 10:04 AM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @elysian ]

As Beanpaw began to stalk something, Grizz couldn’t help himself and crept over to watch. The tom smiled proudly as Beanpaw caught the mouse he’d been hunting and mouthed ‘good job!’

He wanted to catch a few more things before they headed back, so he broke off from snooping on his apprentice and followed the scent of a black bird to where it sat pecking at a few fallen berries. The fluffy warrior leapt and dispatched the creature swiftly and added it to his buried pile of prey.
Old July 18th, 2020, 10:33 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Yay! His good feelings had been right! Not noticing the pile of prey Grizz had been racking up, he dug a shallow hole for the mouse and buried it nearby. He picked up another scent — and he wasn’t even trying! He was getting better!! Beanpaw crouched again, creeping forward. Sneaky sneaky. Wait, what was it? Mm... the creature had beady eyes and a long bushy tail. Oh, squirrel! Duh.

Springing forward, Beanpaw landed on it, falling a bit short and landing on its hindquarters. The creature turned around and — "Ow!" — it bit him!! Jumping back, the squirrel chattered angrily as it slipped away. "Aw man."

@Beau

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old July 19th, 2020, 07:47 PM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @elysian ]

Peering through a few leaves, Grizz watched Beanpaw’s attempt and he winced at the bite. Once the critter had scampered off, the fluffy tom walked over to the apprentice and investigated the damage to his nose with a sympathetic smile.

“How bad did he get you?”

Bites from squirrels could be bad at times. If it was too deep it could get infected so the warrior would have to make sure that Beanpaw took a trip to Fawnsqueak for a quick salve.
Old July 19th, 2020, 09:03 PM
Wanna Cosplay With Me?

My Mood: Crazy

“So truly no one has ever seen ghosts? Wouldn’t the spirits of cats from starclan being on the land with us he like ghosts?” She tilted her head curiously

@MagicCat99

Old July 20th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Existing being on Earth

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawneye View Post
“So truly no one has ever seen ghosts? Wouldn’t the spirits of cats from starclan being on the land with us he like ghosts?” She tilted her head curiously

@MagicCat99
Nighttuft sighed. "I have no idea." She meowed as she looked around, searching for more prey.

Click my dragons!
Old July 20th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Wanna Cosplay With Me?

My Mood: Crazy

Dawnpaw crouched down, spotting a vole not too far away from her, roughly two or so tail lengths. She kept her tail still behind her as she did her best hunters crouch
@MagicCat99

Old July 20th, 2020, 11:19 AM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

@hope

The Tuxedo's head was spinning. Trying his best to keep up with what exactly his mentor was saying. "That's a lot of s's" he finally managed to airly laugh. He nervously smiled as he picked himself up and made his way out to the territory. Honestly he had no clue how to respond to what Dayheart had just said...nor could he actually process what Dayheart had just said. "Will lots of pairs be going to the Training Cave? If so I'd much rather like to go elsewhere if you don't mind. Maybe the Sleepythicket?" he said as he padded along. Although he was asking he was already making his way towards the creepily rumored slab of territory. "It may sound silly but..I'd like to start learning how to fight in areas that aren't erm...what's the word. Natural? To Riverclanners that is." Sleepypaw hummed, slowing himself down as he began to trudge through the shrubbery. "Perhaps learn how to fight in Thunderclan esque terrain?"
"sssssssssssssssssssssss!" dayheart sssstated after sleepypaw said that there were a lot of s's. he was probably right -- dayheart said a loT of s's -- but SSSSS was so fun to say!!!! it was so effortless and smooth and flowy and -- ah, he was getting carried away. see, that was just how lovely the s sound was! bringing himself back into reality, dayheart nodded. "probably! but then again they might be doing like.. reverse psychology? no that's not the right word. like, everyone else thinks there's going to be a bunch of people at the training cave so they all go to the sleepy thicket or something instead and then there's a bunch of people at the sleepy thicket and none at the training cave! but yeah, i think there'd be less cats at the sleepy thicket, so we can go there!" dayheart smiled, nodding as he stumbled forward to keep up with sleepypaw's walk to the thicket.

"silly? no, no, it doesn't sound sillyy... unless you want it to be silly! in which case it can be whatever you want to be, silly or not silly! and sure we can do that! just gotta.. find some terrain thats imitate-y of thunderclan's..." he murmured. what did thunderclan terrain even look like? all he knew was that there were a bunch of trees, so maybe the sleepy thicket was good enough for that? "okay, so since there's probably a lot of trees there, i'd assume you have to become friends with the trees first before you start your fight training. so!"

"go on. hug a tree. then we can start!"
Old July 21st, 2020, 12:24 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

That was embarrassing. Beanpaw rubbed his nose gently with a soft paw, wincing. Who knew that those little bushy tailed creatures could be so mean? "It’s alright,, a little sore." he responded to Grizz, wide blue eyes focusing on the small bead of blood that had gathered on his nose. Resisting the temptation to clean it off, Beanpaw chose to ignore the pain for now in favor of snatching his mouse from where he put it and accepting that that would most likely be his only prey for this outing.

Okay, now it was hurting a little more. The more he ignored it, the more that dumb squirrel bite seemed insistent on nagging him.

@Beau

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Closed Thread