Today 10:09 AM
Open Your Damn Eyes Up and...
by Rowan
Last post by Rowan
Today 10:05 AM
Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2021, 05:52 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Rani

Lizardfrost tried to eat the leaves. She almost vomited them but managed to swallow. Her eyes were streaming with gooey mucus-y tears.
"I feel sort of hot. By froat is scratchy and dry. I threw ub my foob, I gouldn't eet it. I don't dhink I neeb boppy seebs, I can just bass oubf. By nose id so sbufllrt" she said, barely capable of not coughing or gagging.
Snakeheart was getting more and more stressed as the warriors condition became more and more clear. She was in bad state, really bad state, and he did not feel comfortable leaving her without some serious help. The Catmint would be good and some poppyseeds to sleep but what she needed now was borage to bring down the fever, honey for her throat and something to keep the food down.... That last one he knew nothing for! For now all we could do was give her water moss and another piece to blow her nose into- wait. Burnet wouldnt do anything but it'd give her a boost of strength she obviously needed until he got at least some of the herbs to help.
Nabbing two poppyseeds and another burnet piece he passed them over with the moss "Eat this and try and drink down as much of the water as you can. Should you need it try and blow your nose in this other moss but try and get some rest, once you sleep and wake I should be back with the herbs I need to help you alright?" He did take a moment to use some more moss (he must go through the most moss in the clan) to wipe off her face to at least make her more comfortable piling some padding to keep her head elevated while she rested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post

Chivekit was tired beyond belief. Even though it was almost Sunhigh, he wasn't used to needing sleep so much. Up in starclan sleep was practically optional, but now that he was alive again he pretty much needed to completely reset his sleep schedule. A large yawn parted his jaws, his eyes bleary as he rapidly blinked in an attempt to fully wake himself up. The small tom was wandering around the clearing to try and loosen up his stiff limbs, making loops around the edges of the camp walls.

As he passed by the medicine cat den, wholly unaware of his littermates presence, a surprised yelp escaped him as he was suddenly pulled inside. Panic surged through him until he realized that it was just Snakeheart, a cat whom he trusted with every fibre of his being. A small sigh of relief sounded from him, his head drooping slightly, "Great Starclan, don't scare me like that!" he protested, turning his head at an awkward angle to gaze up at the russet somali. At that point, the scare had fully woken him up, any traces of previous tiredness completely gone. As he was thoroughly groomed, Chivekit only mewed the occasional protest, fully aware that when snakeheart set to doing something it was going to end up done, no matter how long it took. That trait ran in the family, he supposed.

A small frown graced his lips at the complaint, his fore-paws moving to fold in front of his chest, "I was tired! You know that my sleep schedule has been messed up ever since I,,, ahem... since I came back" he mewed, trailing off at the end. In the small amount of time he had been back with his family, he had quickly learned to drop the topic of starclan when talking to Snakeheart. Instead of protesting further, he simply settled down between Snakehearts paws, submitting to the punishment. Well, a bath wasnt really a punishment, he supposed. It was rare that anyone got this kind of attention from Snakeheart - at least that he had seen - so he actually considered himself rather lucky (of course, he wouldnt say that to his brothers face).
The yelp got an amused snicker even as Snakeheart rasped his tongue over the smaller toms head carefully and gently (for him) straightening out the fur to perfection. He'd learned young that a pristine and silky pelt could keep your head high and mind steady no matter the hardships and even though this was partially because the medicine cat had pride and felt his family members should too.... Well he wasnt blind to Chivekits struggle to adapt back to clan life. Maybe his brother had lived on looser plan? Riverclan had a very diurnal schedule and Snakeheart could see how not having a set way of doing things and napping on occasion would be preferable. Grooming always comforted the red tom when he was young, Foxblaze had basically bathed him through all his rough patches when he was young, but she wasnt a full time queen anymore. Foxblaze had things out of camp to do, so Snakeheart more stuck at home, would covertly step up for his family.

"Sleeplessness could be sign of something going wrong with old (or current) injuries Chive, Im not taking that excuse. You know now Im beginning to think thats just an excuse to not see me, Im hurt Chivekit! Why would you want to avoid you beloved bigger brother?!" With every jab Snakeheart poked his nose into the tom mussing up part of his fur which he immediately set to grooming straight again. The medicine cat was completely ignoring the almost mention of starclan fully aware that Chivekit was dodging the topic. He wasnt stupid cats could have their belief even if it was just a lie and his brother would no doubt continue his belief no matter what he said. Still he could vaguely hope maybe he'd have another family member come to their senses and see the shame with him... Little chance though.

As he groomed the tiny cat he looked him over for wounds and any sign there was anything wrong with his brother terrified of what he'd find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaztaill View Post
~Redkit~

Redkit stared at Snakeheart. He never really enjoyed the tom’s company, he always seemed annoyed? Oh well. He nodded solemnly and laid his head on his paws. When could life get any harder?!

@-Skyfall- (She can come visit now, but not directly. She will have to stay out of the side room Redkit is in.)
.... No response that should've been expected. Well the kit had the first catmint medicine cats recommended to treat greencough right in front of him and there was nothing he could do but rest until Snakeheart deemed him ready for the second dose. The kit would eat it or he wouldnt but the tom padded away to do other stuff simply shooting a "Keep a distance from the him Lilykit unless you want to get sick or kicked out. If you feel a tickle or something wrong in your throat after this at all come to me immediately. Other then that I dont care what you do enjoy your talk and such." at the duo before he lost the motivation to care. Kits, just not his favourite thing even if he would care for them when they were sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
@Rani

After limping away from Kestrelwing Petuniaflame headed straight here. She was ordered twice to come in here and seek help from Snakeheart. After finding out that she wasn't in trouble and the warrior wasn't mad at her, she was more relaxed. Even if she had to face Snakeheart next.
Slipping into the den she scanned around looking for the tom. The den smelled so strongly of herbs and flowers that it was always hard to pinpoint some cat's scent. Not that she disliked the smell, it wasn't to bad. "Snakeheart?" She would call for the tom. "Kestrelwing sent me in here to get some rat bites looked at, if you could please." Petuniaflame added, moving a little further in so she wouldn't be blocking the entrance of the den.
Waiting a brief moment the molly stood stiffly, her bites were aching and the scratches burned. She figured cats had had it worse than her, but this was the worse injury she had ever gotten herself. It left her fur to mat with blood and the mud from the tunnel was not helping. She should have washed off in the river before coming here, but she had to report her patrol before she had been to late in doing it. So, Petuniaflame just stood there, dirty fur and all.
'Oh boy another injured cat.' Snakeheart reflected as Petuniaflame padded into his den. 'Oh boy rat bitten cat' was the next. "Thats not good and you didnt think to go wash it off? Right I cant do much or anything until youre clean and theres less risk of inflection so let me grab the herbs I need and we can go." Burdock, burdock was a must rat bites were horrible dirty things and even though the medicine cat would normally reserve the root for established infections to fresh wounds this wasnt something to take chances on.
"It is a good thing Kestrelwing sent you here though, these wounds can kill if left untreated, moreso then normal wounds. I dont know if you'd have come here without his push but I'll tell you what I think more young warriors need to know. You are not immortal. Wounds can and will kill you even if you think they're fine and it doesnt matter if you're 'too strong for an infection to kill you' it will. Rat bites and dirty wounds especially. Theres no shame in coming here unless its because of your own stupid actions and better me snip at you then you die without it."
Piece said he turned and looked to see if Petuniaflame was ready root in mouth and clump of cobwebs in mouth, the treatment for once would be occurring out on the territory and he was already running through options. What the warrior said in return was important though, he'd wait for that.

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!

Last edited by Rani; May 3rd, 2021 at 08:42 AM.
Old May 1st, 2021, 08:18 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Rani

The tuxedo she-cat blew her nose and quietly lapped up the herbs, managing to hold them down by sheer willpower. She sniffed and placed her head down,ready to pass out. Lizardfrost hated feeling vulnerable. But illness was illness and nothing could be done but rest.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 05:49 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
// @Zesty Mango

>Tumblekit<
"Sis, I will freaking bite you," he grumbled in response. Stars, why couldn't she use common sense? Sharp most likely equaled bad! And anyone should know you don't use bad things on your siblings! He bent his neck to lick frantically at the cut, and then recoiled at the iron taste of blood on his tongue before trying to wipe it off with a paw. Ugh, that was so, so nasty.

He glanced up at her suggestion and glowered at her silently for a few long moments, before finally relenting with a sigh. "Fine. Lead the way. Don't jab me again." Because if she did he seriously would bite her.
Webkit gave a glance back at Tumblekit,” Again sorry.” she meowed as she lead the way into the den that honestly was quite familiar to her, but at the same time strange. She glanced around and realized that the medicine cat was out, so she’d have to fix her brother herself. She knew she wasn’t suppose to go near the herbs, but she ignored it and nosed her way over to the herbs and glanced around, trying to decide what she needed, there was this little orangish yellow flower that she believed she needed, she didn’t really know what it was called but she knew she needed it, and cobweb, she needed that, but everyone knew cobweb. She grabbed a few cobwebs and set them down next to her brother, before first licking his wound wrinkling her nose at the taste, to clean it, some reason she felt the need to do that first. Then she looked at the marigold that she didn’t know the name of and began to chew it up,” I think this will help. I don’t know why I know this, but it will help it from getting all yucky inside you.” she meowed,”muddygold, for keeping yucky stuff from forming in you..” she muttered. As she attempted to smeer it on her brother’s leg, hoping he wouldn’t pull his leg back and would let her fix his leg up.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 3rd, 2021, 07:04 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours

Palepaw sighed and resigned herself to the fact she probably needed to see Snakeheart about her leg before it ran the risk of getting infected.
She shuffled on in, injured leg being treated more gently than she usually would. It still felt like little splinters were digging into her skin and it itched like she had ants all over her leg. She hadn't been able to find any herself and she wasn't going to dare try to remove them herself.
"Snakeheart," she called softly.
"When you have a moment, I kinda need ya to take a look at my leg. It's not that bad so it can wait if you have other things to do."
She moved herself so she wasnt blocking the Den entrance, but she didn't plop herself into a nest. She wouldn't even be here long enough to warrant laying down.
@Rani
Old May 6th, 2021, 08:32 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Webkit gave a glance back at Tumblekit,” Again sorry.” she meowed as she lead the way into the den that honestly was quite familiar to her, but at the same time strange. She glanced around and realized that the medicine cat was out, so she’d have to fix her brother herself. She knew she wasn’t suppose to go near the herbs, but she ignored it and nosed her way over to the herbs and glanced around, trying to decide what she needed, there was this little orangish yellow flower that she believed she needed, she didn’t really know what it was called but she knew she needed it, and cobweb, she needed that, but everyone knew cobweb. She grabbed a few cobwebs and set them down next to her brother, before first licking his wound wrinkling her nose at the taste, to clean it, some reason she felt the need to do that first. Then she looked at the marigold that she didn’t know the name of and began to chew it up,” I think this will help. I don’t know why I know this, but it will help it from getting all yucky inside you.” she meowed,”muddygold, for keeping yucky stuff from forming in you..” she muttered. As she attempted to smeer it on her brother’s leg, hoping he wouldn’t pull his leg back and would let her fix his leg up.
>Tumblekit<
Tumblekit reluctantly followed his sister inside of this new den he'd never been in before. It smelled weird - a mixture of sweet and sharp, tangy and sour. He... wasn't the biggest fan, to be honest. The cut on his leg still stung as he paused near the entrance, watching Webkit with newfound curiosity. Nevermind that she had jabbed him and made him bleed - how did she know all of this stuff?

He wrinkled his nose as she shoved some sort of plant into her mouth and started to chew it, and even went was far to let out an audible "Eugh!" as she reached for him with the resulting paste. He didn't pull away as she smeared it over the cut, only stuck his tongue out at it. "This feels nasty, sis."
Old May 6th, 2021, 10:26 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post

>Tumblekit<
Tumblekit reluctantly followed his sister inside of this new den he'd never been in before. It smelled weird - a mixture of sweet and sharp, tangy and sour. He... wasn't the biggest fan, to be honest. The cut on his leg still stung as he paused near the entrance, watching Webkit with newfound curiosity. Nevermind that she had jabbed him and made him bleed - how did she know all of this stuff?

He wrinkled his nose as she shoved some sort of plant into her mouth and started to chew it, and even went was far to let out an audible "Eugh!" as she reached for him with the resulting paste. He didn't pull away as she smeared it over the cut, only stuck his tongue out at it. "This feels nasty, sis."
@Rani (you wanted snake to catch her in the act)
Webkit flicked her tail,” I know, Tumblekit, but this goldmary or whatever it’s called will make sure you’re cut doesn’t get nasty.” she gently meowed as she reached for a cobweb to stick onto her brother’s wound, awkwardly applying it to the fur.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 7th, 2021, 12:02 AM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
'Oh boy another injured cat.' Snakeheart reflected as Petuniaflame padded into his den. 'Oh boy rat bitten cat' was the next. "Thats not good and you didnt think to go wash it off? Right I cant do much or anything until youre clean and theres less risk of inflection so let me grab the herbs I need and we can go." Burdock, burdock was a must rat bites were horrible dirty things and even though the medicine cat would normally reserve the root for established infections to fresh wounds this wasnt something to take chances on.
"It is a good thing Kestrelwing sent you here though, these wounds can kill if left untreated, moreso then normal wounds. I dont know if you'd have come here without his push but I'll tell you what I think more young warriors need to know. You are not immortal. Wounds can and will kill you even if you think they're fine and it doesnt matter if you're 'too strong for an infection to kill you' it will. Rat bites and dirty wounds especially. Theres no shame in coming here unless its because of your own stupid actions and better me snip at you then you die without it."
Piece said he turned and looked to see if Petuniaflame was ready root in mouth and clump of cobwebs in mouth, the treatment for once would be occurring out on the territory and he was already running through options. What the warrior said in return was important though, he'd wait for that.

Petuniaflame instantly regretted not taking the time to wash it off, again. Her ears swerved back in embracement. Spirits she was on a roll today. "Sorry... I was trying to get my patrol reported to Kestrelwing before it was to late and I forgot to um, stop and clean myself in the river..." She admitted, studying the den floor. Her mind couldn't make up its mind weather or not she should have gone to clean up after reporting the patrol or before. Either way it was to late, she had already come in and bugged Snakeheart. It would just have to be done before she was treated, she could handle that. As long as it wasn't to much of a bother...
Her amber eyes flickered back up as Snakeheart started speaking again. nodding a bit in agreement. She thought rat bites were bad, just wasn't sure if shew as right about that. Fawnpaw had believed her when she told him, so she was glad that she was right. However, Petuniaflame's face quickly turned to disbelief. Cats refusing medical attention because they were 'to strong for infection'? What kind of warriors thought that!? Cats died from that, injuries killed cats, she even knew that. Sure, she would have come here anyway, but Snakeheart's words made her concerned for her Clanmate's wellbeing. "Wait... some cats, believes that..? How- but, umm never mind..." She shook her head having a hard time understanding how that thought could be in some of her Clanmates heads. Oh spirits watch over their souls... Petuniaflame plead silently.
She stood their quietly for a moment before realizing the tom was waiting on a response or something. "Oh, um, I planned on coming by before Kestrelwing sent me. And I uh, am ready to go?" Petuniaflame spouted out, not quiet sure what she was supposed to say. "We are heading to a stream or the river right? Or did I misunderstand?" She asked, biting her lip ever so slightly.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old May 7th, 2021, 04:09 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Rani

The tuxedo she-cat blew her nose and quietly lapped up the herbs, managing to hold them down by sheer willpower. She sniffed and placed her head down,ready to pass out. Lizardfrost hated feeling vulnerable. But illness was illness and nothing could be done but rest.
At least she was able to keep it down, if she was so bad Lizardfrost couldnt get anything in her stomach she was in serious trouble. Hopefully after a rest she could eat and drink more.... and that the medicine cat had the herbs she'd needed. For now though he snuck away leaving her to rest, unless she called for him or he got the supplies it'd be best to let her rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post
Palepaw sighed and resigned herself to the fact she probably needed to see Snakeheart about her leg before it ran the risk of getting infected.
She shuffled on in, injured leg being treated more gently than she usually would. It still felt like little splinters were digging into her skin and it itched like she had ants all over her leg. She hadn't been able to find any herself and she wasn't going to dare try to remove them herself.
"Snakeheart," she called softly.
"When you have a moment, I kinda need ya to take a look at my leg. It's not that bad so it can wait if you have other things to do."
She moved herself so she wasnt blocking the Den entrance, but she didn't plop herself into a nest. She wouldn't even be here long enough to warrant laying down.
@Rani
(healing request post pls for my record keeping)
The medicine cat was starring narrowed eyed at his catmint when the apprentice walked in easily disregarding his task for the new one. "I am a medicine cat Palepaw, I literally have nothing else to do. So whats wrong with it, what happened?" From first glance the injured seemed minor but... raw in a way. It seemed the splinters were irritating her in some manner and while usually Snakeheart wouldnt remove splinters unless they were potentially creating an infection or the cat was complaining he wouldnt mind dealing with the generally minor injury in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
@Rani (you wanted snake to catch her in the act)
Webkit flicked her tail,” I know, Tumblekit, but this goldmary or whatever it’s called will make sure you’re cut doesn’t get nasty.” she gently meowed as she reached for a cobweb to stick onto her brother’s wound, awkwardly applying it to the fur.
@Slushie

"What. are. you. two. doing?"
Even is Snakeheart was dead asleep in some hidden corner of the den he'd have to be a right idiot to not notice the kits in his den. He probably looked like a looming demon, poisonous green eyes narrowed in rage and face a blank mask of displeasure. There were annoying little kits in his den, treating a wound obviously born from claw marks, with his herbs, with the last of his marigold to boot. Quite frankly the only thing stopping him from flying into an apocalyptic rage was the fact that somehow, the kit was doing it right. The little white one had not only found the right herb but was using it properly, though even that wouldnt spare them the medicine cats wrath for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Petuniaflame instantly regretted not taking the time to wash it off, again. Her ears swerved back in embracement. Spirits she was on a roll today. "Sorry... I was trying to get my patrol reported to Kestrelwing before it was to late and I forgot to um, stop and clean myself in the river..." She admitted, studying the den floor. Her mind couldn't make up its mind weather or not she should have gone to clean up after reporting the patrol or before. Either way it was to late, she had already come in and bugged Snakeheart. It would just have to be done before she was treated, she could handle that. As long as it wasn't to much of a bother...
Her amber eyes flickered back up as Snakeheart started speaking again. nodding a bit in agreement. She thought rat bites were bad, just wasn't sure if shew as right about that. Fawnpaw had believed her when she told him, so she was glad that she was right. However, Petuniaflame's face quickly turned to disbelief. Cats refusing medical attention because they were 'to strong for infection'? What kind of warriors thought that!? Cats died from that, injuries killed cats, she even knew that. Sure, she would have come here anyway, but Snakeheart's words made her concerned for her Clanmate's wellbeing. "Wait... some cats, believes that..? How- but, umm never mind..." She shook her head having a hard time understanding how that thought could be in some of her Clanmates heads. Oh spirits watch over their souls... Petuniaflame plead silently.
She stood their quietly for a moment before realizing the tom was waiting on a response or something. "Oh, um, I planned on coming by before Kestrelwing sent me. And I uh, am ready to go?" Petuniaflame spouted out, not quiet sure what she was supposed to say. "We are heading to a stream or the river right? Or did I misunderstand?" She asked, biting her lip ever so slightly.
The warrior was smarter then most it seemed and got a nod through a mouth full of herbs as he padded out into the territory expecting Petuniaflame to follow.

(gonna double post in the territory for you)

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!
Old May 7th, 2021, 05:59 AM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

// @Zesty Mango, @Rani

>Tumblekit<
He opened his mouth to reply to Webkit, but Snakeheart's sudden appearance made him jump back and his jaws snap shut. Oh, man, they were in for it now. Tumblekit glanced from the cut slathered in muddygold (that's what Webkit had called it, right) and then back to Snakeheart, ears twisted back.

"Uh- we were just- I-" He stumbled over his words trying to find some sort of explanation that wouldn't get Webkit in trouble - what would happen if Snakeheart knew she had cut him? "I accidentally cut myself on a thorn! Sis- Webkit said she knew how to fix it. We didn't mean to intrude!"
Old May 7th, 2021, 05:29 PM
5,445 posts on old site

@Papaya @Rani

Webkit glanced up at the medicine cat,” I was fixing my brothers leg. I was using goldmary, I think that’s what it’s called at least. If I did it wrong let me know, Fakepaw.” she meowed sounding very innocent. She wasn’t trying to be mean with this name, she genuinely believed that was Snakeheart’s name. Weirdly the tom seemed oddly familiar and she found an instinct in her to scorn the medicine cat for something, but she forced herself not to say that

Closed Thread