Grump squared (Private)
by gs29513
Last post by gs29513
Today 11:09 AM

Old April 10th, 2023, 10:22 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Default Re: Firefly Cove

The sun was warm, and it dappled Roosterflame’s pelt with spots of light as it filtered between the leaves that arched above his head. He had just been on his daily walk, and he’d passed through firefly cove on the way. That place… it brought on bittersweet memories for him. Sure, it was where a horrible battle once took place, but it was also where Roosterflame found a little something more in Sparrowstar…
(Oh, the mention of her name…)
…it was certainly a place of bittersweet stories.
Though he felt saddened just being there, Roosterflame refused to let that beat him. This was his territory. Well, not his his, but it was territory he lived on. He couldn’t let bittersweet memories keep him away from the place. He just needed to make new memories there, and he knew exactly how to do it.
He padded back into camp with an idea already formulating, he’d host a little new-ranks celebration for him and Bumblebreak. Bumblebreak was a friend of his, and she deserved a little fun! Still, a celebration wasn’t a celebration without at least three cats! His eyes quickly swept the area and landed on Sootfur, he trotted over.
“Hey! You! I’m hosting a little celebration for Bumblebreak becoming deputy, and I need another guest, so you’re coming with me,” He meowed quickly, an easy grin on his face, but he wasn’t taking “no” for an answer, “Come with me, we’re going to do it at firefly cove.”
He then turned and found Bumblebreak. He dashed over to her, careful not to get too into her personal space, remembering last time,
“Hey, Bumblebreak! Sootfur and I are going to host a little mini-celebration for your and my new ranks! We’re doing it at firefly cove!” He smiled, ears pricked up, happiness filling him. It had been a little bit since he’d been truly at ease and happy, and he hoped this little celebration would bring the joy he really needed right now, ”What do you say?”

[ @dino. @Wingnettle ]
Old April 13th, 2023, 05:18 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Or... should I say this ground is falling? Due to continuous, strange erosion in ThunderClan's camp, Thrushstar has ordered everyone to move. Please redirect your characters here! Ongoing roleplays may be completed in a private thread.

Last edited by dino.; April 13th, 2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old May 24th, 2023, 02:52 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Crowpaw

This was the first time the young tom had been away from the Clan in who knew how long. And this was the first time he would be away from Bluekit since he had saved her from the negligence of the entirety of ThunderClan. The first time he's hunted. The first time he felt confident despite the nagging feeling of doubt in himself. The first time he felt like an adult, like all the other warriors in the Clan. Sure, he was close to warriorhood, but with his life being as unlucky as it has been, he felt... great.

"Uh... Sootfur? How do I hunt?" he twitched his whiskers while turning his head to face the older tom. "I've never hunted before..."

I wonder how complicated it is. Can't be more complicated than changing everyone's mind about Dungstar, that's for sure. I don't even know how fast a mouse is. Shaking the crawling doubt out of his head, he turned his whole body, ready to learn something new (for once he was actually keen on learning). I can't wait to see Dungstar's face when I make it to warriorhood.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow
Old May 26th, 2023, 08:56 PM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

Nose to the ground, the forest was eerily silent as Cinderpaw walked. The scent she was following muddled with every other pawsteps that had walked across these grounds, and the pit in her stomach sunk even lower.

Black, ginger, and white flashed in her peripheral vision and the molly's head snapped in its direction, an anxious fire lighting in her lungs - only to reveal a large (and startled) oriole take to the sky in a whirlwind of feathers. The pressure on her chest was stifling, making usually-easy breaths into wheezes. Where was she?

The medic had already retraced her steps back to the old camp, even if she could have sworn she prompted the kitten towards the new camp along with Ashkit... Where had Firekit gone? Cinderpaw couldn't remember her running off, or anything like that, and the more she thought about it the hazier it all got.

Any trail she had tapered off soon into the thicket, and Cinderpaw stilled. This wasn't, really wasn't good... Where else should she check?

It was kind of obvious. She loathed to return to that place, the way the moon shined over sand and dirt gathered under her claws made her skin crawl. But where else could she be? (Cinderpaw didn't know. She didn't know anything about Firekit, or anyone.)

Her step quickened into a bound as she shot across Thunderclan territory, soil turning into a mixture of dirt and sand as she traveled - sign that she was nearing the cove, her personal nightmare and one she knew like the back of her paw despite only being there once in a blue moon. The sun hung low in the sky, thick foliage surrounding it all casting a shadow against the meadow.

As she crept across the ossuary, closer to her (yet still always so far away), the crashing of waves grew deafening and gave way to ringing in her ears. Was it always that loud? Or did something change? Wincing, she trekked on.

Finally, her resting place. Cinderpaw, as she had many times before, hesitated as she stood before

There was nothing. Upturned soil, wilted flowers and twigs strewn about, and nothing she was looking for. Her throat seemed to close, and the medic stumbled back onto her haunches and shut her eyes. The silence of it all deafened her, and she replayed what had happened before she traveled to the new camp, before she left Firekit. Every possibility circled her mind, taunting her and what she didn't do.

She should've... She could've...

She couldn't stay here, not tonight. The tabby had already spent from sunrise to dusk scouring their territory. Sundust had made himself scarce, and Cinderpaw knew leaving camp for so long could mean disaster. Maybe Houndspirit could have lived, had she known anything that day beyond the palliative care she gave. They could have a Houndspirit situation again. They could have an Acornkit situation again. They could have a Roseraven situation again. She wasn't even sure if she could stop situations like those if she was there, let alone out ripping apart some beach.

Maybe the futility of that should have driven her to stay. But what was here for her (what was ever there for her) ?

She knew she'd have to come back another day, as she desperately ignored the fact that the longer Firekit was gone the more likely it was that she was...

With the weight of the world upon her, the tabby turned to the direction of camp, another home that would never feel like hers. The world would rip what little she had apart, just to sew it back together and do it all over again. And that night, Cinderpaw muttered a feeble prayer, begging them to use her as their target rather than anyone else.

(Not that they would ever listen.)

Last edited by littlelove; May 27th, 2023 at 07:55 PM.
Old May 27th, 2023, 05:15 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Crowpaw

This was the first time the young tom had been away from the Clan in who knew how long. And this was the first time he would be away from Bluekit since he had saved her from the negligence of the entirety of ThunderClan. The first time he's hunted. The first time he felt confident despite the nagging feeling of doubt in himself. The first time he felt like an adult, like all the other warriors in the Clan. Sure, he was close to warriorhood, but with his life being as unlucky as it has been, he felt... great.

"Uh... Sootfur? How do I hunt?" he twitched his whiskers while turning his head to face the older tom. "I've never hunted before..."

I wonder how complicated it is. Can't be more complicated than changing everyone's mind about Dungstar, that's for sure. I don't even know how fast a mouse is. Shaking the crawling doubt out of his head, he turned his whole body, ready to learn something new (for once he was actually keen on learning). I can't wait to see Dungstar's face when I make it to warriorhood.

╔═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╗
Sootfur (he/him)
Thunderclan ❍ 21 moons
Light grey tabby with silvery-blue eyes
╚═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╝

Sootfur was leading confidently Crowpaw to Firefly Cove. For the first time, maybe Crowpaw would listen to him without his usual grumpiness or distrustfulness. He needed all his apprentice's determination and trust if he wanted to teach him something; make him a real warrior of Thunderclan.
And this was the perfect occasion.

"Let's take this as an opportunity to teach you the bases of hunting. I'll explain it to you, then show you the moves and hopefully find quickly enough some prey to practice with." He told him without turning his gaze from the path. They were almost there. Sootfur expected to find mice, voles and small birds; maybe a few squirrels, even.

"First of all, you need to know how to perform the hunting crouch. It's the base of all cat's hunting and it's essential here in the forest, since we, forest cats, can use the undergrowth to sneak on our prey stealthily." Shadowclan could do something similar in their forest, but the thought was utmost disgusting to Sootfur. He couldn't let himself compare Thunderclan to Shadowclan, not even for a second. Not even for something as silly as hunting techniques.

"I believe that practice makes perfect." He stated, before crouching down immediately with his belly brushing slightly the ground, his tail raised just above it. Muscles tense, ears flat, he maintained the position for a few seconds before encouraging Crowpaw to do the same.
"Imagine you're pretending to be a snake. Silent, slow but fast at the same time. Your movements shall be like the flow of a silent stream, and your body will be perfectly camouflaged in the environment. You'll be in harmony with it. It'll be your ally."

Silver eyes pointed toward the apprentice, he nodded and let him copy the move with patience.

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

[ @SpiritedWarrior GOSH I had forgotten to tag you. Sorry! ]

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Last edited by Wingnettle; June 3rd, 2023 at 05:39 AM.
Old May 28th, 2023, 04:37 PM

Status: I Have autism so im very strange I often forget things and screw things up so please no judgement
Bump Policy: 3 hours
My Mood: Welcoming

PinePelt

he got ready to lunge on a robin crouching waiting for the robin to come closer it finally came over he leaped his legs springed back behind him he bit the prey hard on the neck
Old May 28th, 2023, 04:38 PM

Status: I Have autism so im very strange I often forget things and screw things up so please no judgement
Bump Policy: 3 hours
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINEGREEN View Post
PinePelt

he got ready to lunge on a robin crouching waiting for the robin to come closer it finally came over he leaped his legs springed back behind him he bit the prey hard on the neck
took forever
Old June 5th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post

Sootfur (he/him)
Thunderclan ❍ 21 moons

Sootfur was leading confidently Crowpaw to Firefly Cove. For the first time, maybe Crowpaw would listen to him without his usual grumpiness or distrustfulness. He needed all his apprentice's determination and trust if he wanted to teach him something; make him a real warrior of Thunderclan.
And this was the perfect occasion.

"Let's take this as an opportunity to teach you the bases of hunting. I'll explain it to you, then show you the moves and hopefully find quickly enough some prey to practice with." He told him without turning his gaze from the path. They were almost there. Sootfur expected to find mice, voles and small birds; maybe a few squirrels, even.

"First of all, you need to know how to perform the hunting crouch. It's the base of all cat's hunting and it's essential here in the forest, since we, forest cats, can use the undergrowth to sneak on our prey stealthily." Shadowclan could do something similar in their forest, but the thought was utmost disgusting to Sootfur. He couldn't let himself compare Thunderclan to Shadowclan, not even for a second. Not even for something as silly as hunting techniques.

"I believe that practice makes perfect." He stated, before crouching down immediately with his belly brushing slightly the ground, his tail raised just above it. Muscles tense, ears flat, he maintained the position for a few seconds before encouraging Crowpaw to do the same.
"Imagine you're pretending to be a snake. Silent, slow but fast at the same time. Your movements shall be like the flow of a silent stream, and your body will be perfectly camouflaged in the environment. You'll be in harmony with it. It'll be your ally."

Silver eyes pointed toward the apprentice, he nodded and let him copy the move with patience.

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

[ @SpiritedWarrior GOSH I had forgotten to tag you. Sorry! ]

Crowpaw

Although Sootfur seemed to be confident, Crowpaw was the opposite. He had never hunted before and both he and Sootfur didn't exactly have the best relationship, although the silver-furred tabby was trying. The young tom could recognize his mentor's efforts at least, and to be quite honest, Crowpaw appreciated that. It allowed them both to relax (sort of) and get to know a bit more about each other.

The young tom took Sootfur's mini-speech as an opportunity to swipe his mohawk away from his line of sight so it didn't cause him to make a mistake during the hunt for... whatever it was the pair were hunting. "I... sort of know what you're talking about." he tilted his head slightly and watched as Sootfur demonstrated the hunter's crouch they'd be using for the patrol. Despite his slight confusion, Crowpaw wanted to see if he could perfect the crouch before asking any questions in case he found out the answer himself.

Little by little, the brown tabby straightened his back and had his tail just above the ground. It felt weird to be in such a position for the first time, but he would have to get used to it. The next thing he needed to do, according to Sootfur's demonstration, was tense his muscles and flatten his ears. And so he did. "Sounds... great. Um... am I doing this right?" Never hurts to make sure everything's correct. I can't afford to miss any opportunities to get prey if I'm not sure of everything first.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow
Old June 6th, 2023, 02:47 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Sootfur (he/him)
Thunderclan ❍ 22 moons

Sootfur eyed Crowpaw unblinking, waiting patiently for the apprentice to adjust the position on his own before he asked for any advice. "That is good, Crowpaw. Now try to feel less rigid. Imagine you are flowing like water on a river bed, without hitting rocks or branches or swishing leaves with your passage. With practice, control will come as well. That's how you'll master this pose." He commented calmly, but with a hint of pride in his voice. He was happy that Crowpaw was finally listening to him, and he was actually teaching him something new!

The gray tabby tapped his tail on his back to compliment himself, then crouched down like him and flicked his tail. "Now follow me. We'll practice this move for a little bit, and I'm sure some prey scent is bound to come by very soon." he suggested with a soft voice, leading the way between the biggest bushes and the uncomfortable dips in the ground. He wanted the apprentice to try different grounds and listen for his own noise in the quiet of the forest, so he could adjust his moves to try and by as stealthy and silent as possible.

Not much time later, Sootfur halted and raised his tail as a signal for Crowpaw to do the same. "...There's something nearby." He whispered, then he turned toward the apprentice and crouched down like a loaf.
"Alright. Now relax. I want you to open your nostrils and your mouth and concentrate. Concentrate hard on the flow of the air, and every little scent it brings to you. It's a mix, and you need to learn how to discern it. Just what we need, of course: prey." How could he explain something so complicated with words? Sootfur believed more in practice than explanations.

A sparrow was coming dangerously close to their hideout. The warrior kept silent and pointed his tail to the right direction, but the bird wasn't visible from behind the bushes. "I want you to detect his position and leap on it as soon as it's close enough." He nodded and encouraged him to go ahead. Trust your instincts. He tried to communicate with his eyes, but of course it were just his thoughts.

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old June 7th, 2023, 02:14 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @Quasar @x ghostie ]

Long grass brushed up against Bumblestar's belly as she stepped into the Cove with her other two patrolmates. Her ears were angled forward and her chin was lifted as she searched the edges of the meadow for anything useful.

"Gonna look over there." She nodded at a cluster of bushes off to the side, then scooted past Asterdance and Goldenpaw. Wasn't like they all needed to be bunched up together in one place, right? And bushes... held berries. Yeah. She wasn't big on the whole herb thing, but she definitely knew about that. She wasn't that dumb.

And—lo and behold, just as she'd suspected. A tall shrub with sprawling branches on the far edge of the clearing held just what she was looking for. With a grunt, she reared up on her hindlegs and tugged until she came away with a short branch that showed off five vibrant, blueish-purple berries.

[ Bumblestar rolled a 5! +5 juniper berries ]