⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 27 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Wally Darling~
Oh goodness. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Cowtuft stood still for a moment, looking at the worry with a gaze full of concern before he snapped into motion. "My..! You hold.. just there then, love, I'll fix you up with something.. That'll help, promise, " He signed swiftly, turning away from the feline as his thoughts whipped around like a hurricane inside his head. what was going to happen after. if it was going to happen again.

He entered into his storage, glancing around rapidly for burnet and tansy. He couldn't quite see any tansy. Were they out? Had they,, used it then? The memory was loss. He shook his head, picking up burnet and catmint.

The gentle giant limped back out, stepping up to the warrior once. He set the herbs in front of their paws. "There you go..! Eat those two, and it should ease.. your cough and give you a bit more strength.."

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc
Old December 28th, 2023, 10:25 AM
i am real and you are not

Bump Policy: Whenever :3
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 27 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Wally Darling~
Oh goodness. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Cowtuft stood still for a moment, looking at the worry with a gaze full of concern before he snapped into motion. "My..! You hold.. just there then, love, I'll fix you up with something.. That'll help, promise, " He signed swiftly, turning away from the feline as his thoughts whipped around like a hurricane inside his head. what was going to happen after. if it was going to happen again.

He entered into his storage, glancing around rapidly for burnet and tansy. He couldn't quite see any tansy. Were they out? Had they,, used it then? The memory was loss. He shook his head, picking up burnet and catmint.

The gentle giant limped back out, stepping up to the warrior once. He set the herbs in front of their paws. "There you go..! Eat those two, and it should ease.. your cough and give you a bit more strength.."

he watched as the cat came over and gave him some herbs. "thank you so much" he said as he picked everything up and made his way out.

Toadstoolspore is the leader of Mushroomclan

she has a Semi-open den policy ^^
Old December 28th, 2023, 10:38 AM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

It's been quite concerningly so, and the WindClan leader was getting a bit impatience to see if her medicine cats had gotten any results regarding why their clanmates were turning up dead. So if they weren't going to come to her, she'd go to them. So a quick detour to the medicine den had her nearly running into the youngest medicine cat, Lightningstorm.

Twilightstar jerked backward to avoid a full-on collision with the frantic she-cat. "Lightningstorm, you alright?" Twilightstar asked, tone falling into the maternal category. She searched the molly over out of habit or injuries before recalling that she wasn't one of her warriors. Whatever had the medicine cat rattled couldn't be good for the clan.

@Alchemist Kitsune [We can just do the RP here.]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old December 28th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

Lightningstorm wanted out. No. Correction. She needed out. She needed space and time to think. To analyze the obviously wrong data she had just acquired and make sense of it! Unfortunately, things rarely went the way the wiry framed she-cat wanted. She hadn't even been able to head out. Had only been able to barely stop herself from colliding with the lilac warrior that materialized before her now.

The dark spots were still making her vision swim. Her heart beating so fast she thought it would burst its way out of her chest. The bile no longer contained as she heaved, the sound of Twilightstar's voice making everything somehow... worse. There was nothing inherently wrong with what the leader had said. In fact, the instant concern would have been welcomed and even cherished in any other circumstance. But today? The leader's presence here now was impossible to ignore. To deflect. Was this a sign from StarClan? That she had found what she needed to find at last and it was time to tell the WindClan leader what horrors were coursing through her clan?

No. Strange coincidence it might be, but that did not make it a correlation of any sort. StarClan didn't give a damn, of that much Lightningstorm was sure. This was up to her. Up to her findings and how eloquently she could put them. Convince Twilightstar that something was wrong. That obviously she was missing something. Unfortunately, in her panicked, emotional state, such eloquence wasn't privy of her. What came out instead was a high pitched voice, disbelief and anguish dripping from every swift, too fast spoken word the spotted lass uttered.

"Alright? Alright? Am I alright? Well that there is the question, innit? Can't be alright though. Can't be. Not with this... But it can't be. He wouldn't! He said he didn't know. He never taught me because he didn't know. It doesn't make sense. But they were hidden. Why would they be hidden? Why go to such lengths? Why not just come forward and tell me proper that he learned? We share knowledge, don't we? Except for that. And the tansy. It was the first time I heard about the tansy.

Oh stars... he didn't plan this, did he? No. No of course he didn't. He didn't, he didn't! You understand, right? He wouldn't do it. There is no way they were his. But then... why was it there? Something's rotten. Rotten like that berry. It's a set up. A mistake. Something! He wouldn't just kill patients like this! I'm not even sure myself. It's all just conjecture, innit? Have never seen them before. Maybe... maybe I'm just wrong. Yeah! Just wrong! Tufty would never use deathberries... He wouldn't! Right?"

The more Lightningstorm spoke, the more desperate she became. Her pacing more erratic in nature. Tail lashing violently behind her as her almond shaped eyes grew rounder, denial digging deeper into her heart. The words exiting her mouth sounded less and less convincing as far as Cowtuft's innocence went, but the healer simply refused to accept any other outcome. How could the cat who had been so proud when she had taken the oath to always heal any cat before her no matter their status or clan kill this way? It was an impossible thought! The spotted medicine cat only halted her impassive motions as she questioned the leader, hopeful she would see to reason. Understand that there was simply no way her mentor had succumbed to darkness in such foul a manner and not only committed murders, but forced the paw of others to do so as well!

@Moonraven [Twilightstar]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 30th, 2023, 01:02 AM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Twilightstar kept her expression rather passive, but inwardly dread and panic were slowly flooding her being. The leader's tail swayed back and forth frantically as she waited for an answer she knew she would like. The leader's eye danced around the den searching for what had Lightningstorm so out of sorts. Before she could get anywhere, the molly started talking and fast.

It was like trying to put together a puzzle with her ears. Lightningstorm was talking, but not elaborating leaving the leader to use context clues. He, hidden, kill, and death berries were what she focused on. The rest cycled around in the back of her mind while she flattened her ears against her. Cowtuft was killing their clanmates with death berries, she assumed it was on the herbs most likely.

She hadn't even thought about death berries being the cause. They were never used, at least not during her leadership, honestly she didn't understand why they were even kept among herbs within the camp. ThunderClan had been right! Ignoring Lightningstorm's frantic, earnest, stare the leader's paws began moving similar to Lightningstorm's pace though more controlled and slower. Twilightstar turned them off, her emotions, something she's learned to do came to decide her clan's fate. Refusing to let panic and irritation thoughts and emotions cloud her judgment.

Twilightstar's tail swayed back and forth lazily behind her throwing scenario after scenario around inside her head. She couldn't be hasty with this, it wasn't adding up. If what Lightnstorm was implying, Twilightstar technically had all the evidence lying right in front of her. But if the evidence didn't make sense...

"Just throwing aside his personality and nature, he's had more than enough chances to kill us." The leader mumbled as she moved, head throbbing bit by bit with her stress building up. "There are easier ways, less suspicious ways, why now?" Lightningstorm said something was rotten and could be a set-up, but Lightningstorm was overly emotional and Twilightstar barely wrapped her head around all that babble from her mouth.

"Could be an act but..." She trailed off letting out a frustrated grunt before giving Lightingstorm her full attention. "So I need you to breathe and calm down for me. You said you found death berries, hidden? Where?" @Alchemist Kitsune

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; December 30th, 2023 at 01:02 AM.
Old January 4th, 2024, 12:50 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |

A small giggle escaped Lightningstorm at Orangepaw's wonder as he learned he was not alone. There were others with his same condition. Being treated, at that, to positive effects overall! The calico would rather no one suffered from this affliction. It wasn't something she seemed to be able to heal, and she always worried the treatment might not be enough someday. That their lungs would simply collapse and that the berries were merely delaying the inevitable. But she supposed that to someone who had this breathing problem, it might be comforting to know that others with the same condition were thriving in the clan. So much so the apprentice hadn't even noticed their breathing reflected his own! It was a morale booster, if anything, for the wiry framed healer to know that her patients were hopefully comfortable enough to be able to forget their wheezing breaths, if only for a little while.

"Yes, of course there are, love. Some seem to have been born with the affliction, while others seem to have gained it in time. Regardless of the when, the berries seem to help, which is proper good, innit?" the pale medicine cat purred, offering a comforting blink.

Watertail and Orangepaw, contrary to most of the clan, seemed to be at least somewhat versed in the silent language Cowtuft preferred to utilize, meaning she was left unneeded as far as translations went. Lightningstorm would not admit to as much, but she almost resented that. It was always fun to add her own little spin to the medicine cat's instructions or words. The larger tom had been known to chuckle or be left a sputtering mess in the past, and regardless of the outcome, she always found herself amused in the end. With how dire things had been of late, the spotted lass would not have minded the reprieve, but gratefully the two felines in here now were pleasant company, especially once the apprentice had learned that not only would his treatment take the form of a treat, thus living up to the name for once, but that there was nothing to fear!

Large ears perked up as the petite Abyssinian mix shook her head at Orangepaw's question before mewing, "Not unless you start feeling short of breath again. Or you want a look at this precious face of mine. Won't be blaming you none for that, love," she teased, a small, amused giggle escaping her before she continued. "The berries aren't always in season, and they are admittedly a little harder to store than the others, but I am testing drying out methods to hopefully ensure we can have some through most of the seasons. It won't heal your breathing, but it will help you breathe at ease for some time before you begin to feel the need for another berry, depending of course on your own levels of activity or whatever it is that tends to bring about your breathing difficulties. If that is all for today, however, I think you should be quite set to go about your day!"

@wolfie [Cowtuft] | @Yunhos_Personal_Potato [Watertail - Orangepaw]
| I believe that we may end the healing roleplay here! Orangepaw can be assumed to be taking the treatment off screen so that you aren't forced to have him come to Lightning every so often in roleplay, we can always go by he comes by every so often and Lightning treats him, as long as that is his only condition! Of course, if ever it strikes your fancy to have Orange actually come around for his treatment, just leave a form in the WindClan Healing thread to strike up an actual roleplay. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 5th, 2024, 05:32 AM
Camo x

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: 48 hrs
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |

A small giggle escaped Lightningstorm at Orangepaw's wonder as he learned he was not alone. There were others with his same condition. Being treated, at that, to positive effects overall! The calico would rather no one suffered from this affliction. It wasn't something she seemed to be able to heal, and she always worried the treatment might not be enough someday. That their lungs would simply collapse and that the berries were merely delaying the inevitable. But she supposed that to someone who had this breathing problem, it might be comforting to know that others with the same condition were thriving in the clan. So much so the apprentice hadn't even noticed their breathing reflected his own! It was a morale booster, if anything, for the wiry framed healer to know that her patients were hopefully comfortable enough to be able to forget their wheezing breaths, if only for a little while.

"Yes, of course there are, love. Some seem to have been born with the affliction, while others seem to have gained it in time. Regardless of the when, the berries seem to help, which is proper good, innit?" the pale medicine cat purred, offering a comforting blink.

Watertail and Orangepaw, contrary to most of the clan, seemed to be at least somewhat versed in the silent language Cowtuft preferred to utilize, meaning she was left unneeded as far as translations went. Lightningstorm would not admit to as much, but she almost resented that. It was always fun to add her own little spin to the medicine cat's instructions or words. The larger tom had been known to chuckle or be left a sputtering mess in the past, and regardless of the outcome, she always found herself amused in the end. With how dire things had been of late, the spotted lass would not have minded the reprieve, but gratefully the two felines in here now were pleasant company, especially once the apprentice had learned that not only would his treatment take the form of a treat, thus living up to the name for once, but that there was nothing to fear!

Large ears perked up as the petite Abyssinian mix shook her head at Orangepaw's question before mewing, "Not unless you start feeling short of breath again. Or you want a look at this precious face of mine. Won't be blaming you none for that, love," she teased, a small, amused giggle escaping her before she continued. "The berries aren't always in season, and they are admittedly a little harder to store than the others, but I am testing drying out methods to hopefully ensure we can have some through most of the seasons. It won't heal your breathing, but it will help you breathe at ease for some time before you begin to feel the need for another berry, depending of course on your own levels of activity or whatever it is that tends to bring about your breathing difficulties. If that is all for today, however, I think you should be quite set to go about your day!"

@wolfie [Cowtuft] | @Yunhos_Personal_Potato [Watertail - Orangepaw]
| I believe that we may end the healing roleplay here! Orangepaw can be assumed to be taking the treatment off screen so that you aren't forced to have him come to Lightning every so often in roleplay, we can always go by he comes by every so often and Lightning treats him, as long as that is his only condition! Of course, if ever it strikes your fancy to have Orange actually come around for his treatment, just leave a form in the WindClan Healing thread to strike up an actual roleplay. |
(Alrighty!!!)

Orangepaw nodded and listened carefully, purring as she played around a bit as well. "Well... ok. Thank you, it helps a lot to know that.. you guys are the best" He purred brightly. His long orange tail straight up as he showed his happiness.
Watertail's eyes filled with relief and emotion as he looked at his son, finally nod miserable about his breathing issues. He licked Orangepaw's ear affectionatly and smiled greatfully to the medicine cats.

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"
Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3
Old January 5th, 2024, 09:10 AM
floyd leech my beloved

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

NIGHTHAIL
she/her. 35 moons. long haired black and grey molly with lighter splotches; blue eyes; scarred
( purrks; the collector )

after having buried mistycloud and returning to camp (with bravebird's help), nighthail limps towards the medicine cats den. the strong smell of herbs is a bit overwhelming, and she can't quite remember the last time she was in here. the burning of her wounds had subsided just a bit, replaced by a strong ache spreading throughout her limbs and torso.

"lightningstorm," she begins, calling out the medicine cats name. "I need to be patched up. if it wasn't obvious."

[ @Alchemist Kitsune ]

artfight | characters | rp tracker/finder

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old January 9th, 2024, 11:28 AM

Bump Policy: Every 2 days-a week(24hrs-48hrs if important)
My Mood: Queenly

Poppykit bursted into the medicine den, her chest heaving after the run to the medicine den, ears against her head, and tears streaming down her cheek. LIGHTNINGSTORM! HELP! WISPKIT- She couldn’t breathe, her heart racing, before passing out, laying near the entrance of the den…
@Alchemist Kitsune
Old January 11th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 98 moons - WindClan - aroace - tags; @Alchemist Kitsune
Softsong padded into the den, placing down her mouthful of yellow flowers. Hopefully one of them was helpful for wounds... she'd only ever seen it whatever they normally applied when it was already chewed to a pulp.

"Lightningstorm," she mewed in greeting, dipping her head. "Would you be able to take a look at my face? I can still see without any trouble but I figured I should get it looked at anyway." The last thing she wanted was an infected wound on her face. "I brought along some herbs from twolegplace too, though I'm not sure if I actually got what I was looking for... I figured they're probably useful for the restock regardless."

[ +2 goldenrod +1 marigold +1 lovage +1 dandelion ]

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; January 11th, 2024 at 09:31 PM.