Today 07:09 AM

Old July 1st, 2022, 12:55 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezestarfire View Post
" i think thats good enough!" he says grabbing his prey and heading to mapleleaf
@SpiritedWarrior
"Okay!" she grabbed her mice with her tail and kept a firm grip so she didn't drop any and the rabbit between her teeth. "Let's head back now."

She padded back to camp, looking back every so often to make sure Thunderblaze was following.

//ThunderClan Prey Pile thread now lol

Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, Hulk SMASH, Dreamwalker)
Ravenhawk
Old July 1st, 2022, 12:56 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Fine

thunderblaze kept pace with mapleleaf
@SpiritedWarrior
Old July 5th, 2022, 11:07 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

Default Firefly Cove

SweetSwirl [She/Her]
→SweetSwirl padded through the meadow, the sky had turned a lovely pink and a few bright fireflies flickered around the grass. She turned her cream head to look at LeafNight, the yellow molly and her had never spoken before but she had offered to walk with SweetSwirl, her reasoning was that she didn't want the heavily pregnant queen going out by herself, just in case something was to happen. She had come out here to clear her mind, her friends had been encouraging her and telling her that they would help look after her kits once they were born but she couldn't help feeling scared, she was only fourteen moons after all, she sighed slightly before looking down at her paws.

LeafNight's ear twitched and she looked down at SweetSwirl, "Whats on your mind?" SweetSwirl hesitated, and stoped walking, she felt like she could confide in the older molly, LeafNight and RainySpirit just had their kits, so perhaps she could give her some advice? "Im worried about my kits.. i'm young and my former mate doesn't want to help.. I'm- I'm scared." SweetSwirl's ears flattened slightly "What if my kits hate me because they will never meet their father-? or what if i'm a horrible mother-? what if-" LeafNight cut her off quickly, "Hey, theres nothing to be scared about, parenting is natural, instincts will kick in as soon as they're born and you'll know just what to do." she reassured SweetSwirl, her calm voice settling the young queen's nerves slightly. "Also, they wont hate you. Lots of kits grow up only knowing one of their parents, and sure, when they become apprentices they'll become a lot more independent and might be a bit snappy but they'll still need you." LeafNight had never had kits before, but she did seem to know a fair bit about it, had she asked former queens about it in preparation for RainySpirit's kitting?

SweetSwirl sniffled a little, before smiling slightly at LeafNight, she needed reassuring and LeafNight had done just that. SweetSwirl sat down amongst the long grasses and curled her tail around her paws, LeafNight did the same but about a tail length away from her. The two stayed there for awhile, sitting in silence and watching time pass by. The sun dipped over the horizon and fireflies covered the meadow in tiny flickering stars.

Eventually SweetSwirl was disturbed by a sharp pain in her belly, she flinched and LeafNight turned her head to look at her, SweetSwirl paused for a few heartbeats, nothing happened, so she flicked her tail to say that she was fine. A firefly drew close to the queen and she watched as it danced passed her nose, the sharp pain returned once more, SweetSwirl yipped in surprise. What the-? the pain happened once more, SweetSwirl looked down at her belly and LeafNight looked concerned. "Is everything okay, SweetSwirl?" SweetSwirl opened her mouth to answer but another pain hit her, this time it felt worse, LeafNight stood up and padded over to her and looked at her belly, the kits were squirming around. LeafNight placed a paw on them and SweetSwirl squeezed her eyes shut as a more hurtful pain hit her, her back rippled and LeafNight took a step back, "You kitting is starting-, we need to get you back to camp-!" there was a slight panic in her voice, and that made SweetSwirl's eyes snap open, kitting? she was kitting already? She was due for another half moon- her thoughts were cut off by another spasm of pain.

LeafNight rushed over to support her from the right, "It'll be okay- Lean on me and Ill get you back to camp before they come-" SweetSwirl nodded, thankfully and placed most of her weight on the warrior as more spasms of pain hit her one after the other, the time between each becoming shorter and shorter.

LeafNight went to take a step towards camp and SweetSwirl gasped in pain, fear flashed in the molly’s eyes, unsure if they would be able to get to camp in time. She took another step and the same thing happened again, it would be painful but SweetSwirl was a strong cat, she would have to endure it until they reach camp and hopefully the medicine cat den. The two slowly made their way closer towards the oak forest until SweetSwirl yowled in unbearable pain, LeafNight froze, there was no way that they would make it back, they weren't even out of Firefly grove.

LeafNight slowly put SweetSwirl onto the grass, “What- What are you doing?! We need to hurry to-” her voice broke off as another spurt of pain rippled along her pelt, understanding hit SweetSwirl, she was going to have to have the kits here. LeafNight quickly rushed off to grab a thick stick that the queen could bite down on as well as some cobwebs and moss, and SweetSwirl was left alone. Alone in pain.

Several panicked moments passed before SweetSwirl decided that LeafNight was taking far too long, she needed to get these kits out now. She began to push with the waves of pain, she screeched with pain, this seemed different. She had heard many queens give birth in the past but this- something didn't seem right. SweetSwirl craned her neck to look towards her tail and the grass was covered with blood, lots of blood. Oh starclan- oh starclan! A strong fear scent omitted from the queen, this was all wrong! Finally LeafNight came into view, she was darting towards her in a zigzag pattern, a small bundle of moss, cobwebs and a stick was in her jaws.

As she reached SweetSwirl and saw the blood her eyes widened, SweetSwirl could now scent her fear scent as well. SweetSwirl screeched again as she pushed, and LeafNight quickly grabbed the large stick, placing it in front of her “Bite down on this, quick- quick!” she meowed as another wave of pain struck SweetSwirl. SweetSwirl took the stick gratefully and bit down on it as she pushed alongside the pain, it snapped in three. LeafNight’s attention was caught by something towards SweetSwirl’s tail and she quickly bit something, it took SweetSwirl a moment to realise it must have been a kit. She craned her head once again to see LeafNight lapping at a small bundle, another wave of pain hit the queen and without a stick to bite down on she clenched her jaws to a point she thought that they would shatter. Another kit.

Blinded by pain SweetSwirl almost passed out as she kitted two more kits, that makes four. LeafNight had moved each kit a bit away from SweetSwirl that way they wouldn't get injured if the queen was to flail her paws. “I think there's just one left!” LeafNight called to SweetSwirl, Thank starclan… just one- SweetSwirl paused, this one was more painful than the past three were, and it was taking longer to get out. Fear once more bubbled up in the queen. If she didn't kit this kit soon it might die.. Or I might die- she pushed away that thought, focusing on the kit instead.

She screeched and more blood began to puddle, just about half her pelt was drenched in the crimson liquid already, nothing. LeafNight looked up at SweetSwirl, they met eyes and LeafNight’s was filled with worry while SweetSwirl’s with franticness. The yellow molly seemed to understand that the kit was stuck, and went to grab it with her teeth, SweetSwirl kicked her away, and LeafNight looked up at her again “Don't touch them! If you do that the kit-” LeafNight cut her off “If I don't then you’ll die!” her eyes were pleading, and LeafNight gave in, she sat down and licked the four kits who had already been born.

SweetSwirl pushed, over and over again but it still wasn't out. She was getting exhausted, all her energy was being pulled out of her. LeafNight was about to grab the kit but then.. It was out. She quickly bounded forwards and cleaned out the kit’s airway, its legs were all twisted together and its neck looked wrong.

LeafNight realised quickly that it had died.

She turned to SweetSwirl to tell her but SweetSwirl’s eyes were already tearing up, both molly’s looked at the dead kit for a moment before Leafnight moved it away out of SweetSwirl’s line of sight. SweetSwirl was distraught, she was crying because one of her kits was dead, she was light headed from the obsessive amount of blood loss, and she was drained from putting all her energy into the kitting.

Her vision was going in and out of focus periodically, LeafNight was speaking to her but she was having trouble hearing, this was it. she didn't need to spend all that time worrying about what her kits would think of her or if she would be a bad mother. She would never meet her kits. She was joining starclan. “..keep them safe, LeafNight..” she managed to meow before closing her eyes and her senses going numb.
[ Spoiler summary to those who don't wish to read it: SweetSwirl gives birth to five kits and dies in the process. One of the kits are a still born. ]
LeafNight [She/Her]
→LeafNight stepped back No.., No, No, No, No! she quivered, SweetSwirl was laying limp in a pool of blood, the heavy stench of metal hung in the quiet air. She had failed SweetSwirl and her kits. She had told her that she would be okay. She had told her that they would get to camp- This cant be happening-! LeafNight felt like she was going to throw up.

She looked down at her own paws, they, and her shins were covered in a dark red coating. She realised something, she had failed SweetSwirl and one of SwetSwirl's kits but there were still four of them who were breathing. I have to get them all to camp-! she quickly dashed towards the closest tree and broke a large piece of bark off of it, she hurried back to the family with it and laid it down.

She would have to leave SweetSwirls and the dead kit's bodies behind if she wanted the four of them to have a chance, she was torn. She didn't want any foxes or crows getting to the queen before LeafNight returned to retrieve her, she lifted the cream molly gently by the scruff and carried her over towards the forest, before hurrying back to collect the dead kit. She placed the two of them under a thistle bush tucked together like they were sleeping before darting back to the four kits and the bark. That should be enough to stop scavengers from getting the two off them, i'm so sorry SweetSwirl..

She picked up each of the kits and placed them onto the bark one at a time, she wouldn't be able to carry all of them bu the scruff at the same time so this was the only thing she could think of. She lifted one end and began to drag them back to camp, slowly, making sure that none of them fell off the bark.
[ @poppy. ][ @Polaris ][ @MysteryCat ][ @Rabbiteye ]
[ (Not me sobbing aggressively) Sorry it took so long to post, i was conflicted on how to write this. You don't need to reply to this is you don't feel comfortable to, I will also be posting a post in the Thunderclan clearing as LeafNight arrives with the kits. My guess is that LeafNight and RainySpirit will probably help out with the kits or another queen will. And no need to match my length in posts ever, I enjoy writing really long posts and also I've used two characters, so no pressure and I don't expect you too :]] ]

- bios | tracker | shop -
Old July 13th, 2022, 10:33 AM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

~ Mistheart ~
[ closed ]

White paws eagerly skittered through the territory as the small grey she-cat made a bee-line for the newest piece of territory that Thunderclan had claimed. She paused only for a moment as she reached the edge of the cove, scenting the air cautiously to make sure no one was around before letting out an almost giddy, child-like giggle and bounding out into the sand.

The actual, full realization that she could just... Wander out into the territory on her own now had hit her rather suddenly this morning as she stretched the sleep from her limbs in her nest. She had wasted little time after that, making her way straight out the camp entrance, half-expecting someone to call out and stop her... But no one did.

So now here she was, practically frolicking about the cove and sniffing every bit of the fresh territory she could get her nose in. Maybe she could find a new shell! Or a hundred new shells! It seemed like someone had made a pile of all the broken bits of shells from the battle and she poked through it briefly to see if anything was worth saving, but most of them seemed thoroughly shattered. Humming in contemplation, her grey eyes scanned through the clearing to try and spot some new treasures or interesting looking plants.

A promising glimmer just inside the water caught her attention, and she quickly skittered over to check out the mysterious shine from the Greenleaf sun. White paws splooshed right into the water as she padded up to a rather shiny looking white shell. A grin easily split over her features as she scooped it from it watery resting place and gently laid it on the shore. Since her paws were already wet... Might as well search for more! Splashing through the shallow water close to the sand, Mistheart gleefully scooped up two more shells, one a pale yellow and a mottled brown twisty one, before sloshing her way back to the sand.

Carefully scooping the white shell up with her others in her mouth, she happily trotted back to camp to store away her newest possessions and sneak a gift out for a certain cat.

Old July 14th, 2022, 10:59 PM
fangs into flesh ♛

Status: if you want all the power, you must carry all the blame.
Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

[CLOSED]

Frozenheart
:THEY/THEM AFAB:
White-Greyish Cat,Missing a leg and has faint dapples and tabby markings that are grey,Piercing Blue Eyes.

[||]There they stood,The grass blowing in the wind. The cove now restored to its former glory. The blood stains now long gone due to the rain washing them away. It made them upset,Why? It was because they were wishing for something that proved Thunderclan had won. Windclan had over stepped and Riverclan thinking they could have won a territory that had never belonged to them. Both Clans had lost,But not Thunderclan,Somehow the clan was back to its normal life. Frozenheart had no issue with cats enjoying their lives. Why waste something that you may never know will be stolen away by the gods. Frozenheart stepped into the grass,their whitish fur blowing in the breeze. They were originally here to hunt something. They had scraped that plan as they left camp and then they just threw the idea right away,Why should they have to feed mouths that had never tasted something better than prey? It was disgusting to them. Some cats had never tasted it.
[||] Frozenheart sighed as they sat down,Their paw tapping silently on the grassy floor. They watched the wind and how the Trees sway in it. The now slowly regrowing saplings of the burned now regrowing in the far distance. Frozenheart had been one of the few cats never caught in the fire. They were a kitty pet then,Not a warrior,fighting for a useless leadership and clan that would never understand them. The Willows Rise now taking the Weeping Willow’s Name,replacing the name was something Frozenheart had never cared for. If Cinderstar chose to change the darker name then it was fine by them. It was just something they would have to get used to. Frozenheart hadn’t been one of the cats who had lost a family member,apprentice,or mentor in that fire. They had no place to judge what the leader chose to do with it.
[||] At least it was better than here. Better than a normal piece of land that had Fireflies at night. Frozenheart hadn’t thought of the cats buried here,would they be buried underneath the Willow tree like their clan mates? Or remain here as a respect to them. Frozenheart sighed sharply again,Watching the plains before them.

❯ [ my carrd ] ❮

Last edited by fade; July 14th, 2022 at 11:00 PM.
Old July 16th, 2022, 04:43 PM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

@zenosaurus @lucidense

"My sincerest apologies." The words felt fake, they didn't fit her, but they were the best she could come up with as she neared the group. It was almost as if this were a hobby, showing up late to patrols, giving her mentors bad impressions. Splendid. She looked like an idiot, felt like an idiot. No one could stop her train of negativity. At least, the first time she had met Brightpath, the warrior had struck her as slightly nervous, more excited to have the chance to get to train her than some of the others, the ones who only cared about perfection. Hopefully, this wouldn't go too badly. Maybe, afterwards she could set up a hunting lesson or something, prove that she could take charge and be helpful. Or at least useful.

Then again, sitting around, pre-planning her future wasn't very useful. She was here to hunt, and perhaps that would make up for being late, even if it was just a small thing. She was most likely older than Acornpaw, after all, she was older than most apprentices left in Thunderclan. She couldn't really blame it on her mentors, of course. She was always, just, well, preoccupied. And if being preoccupied meant moping in a corner, or being sent on an unreasonable number of patrols, so be it. None of the others asked her to help. She had been tasked with taking the first step. It shouldn't have been hard, just go up and ask to learn something. It should have been simple, but then again, with Foxpaw, it never was. As much as she pretended to be the perfect apprentice, she was just a tad too lazy to take the lead.

The scent of a mouse drifted through the air, and she was reminded of her objective. Hunt. Hunt more than the average amount, but not too much. Of course, with her limited training, she'd be lucky to catch more than two pieces, but she could try. Surveying the undergrowth resulted with the sight of the scented mouse. Foxpaw dropped into a crouch and padded forward, keeping her eyes locked onto the quivering body. She froze as it lifted its head, and waited for it to return to its scavenging before leaping onto its body. It was dead before it knew what hit it. A quick, quiet catch, a stroke of luck.

that's all folks

rose stole carmen's identity
site // va's
Old July 16th, 2022, 09:19 PM
;-;

My Mood: Confused

Moonpaw looked around at the flowers
So pretty! they thought, sitting down on a rock
"Leafheart! These flowers are beautiful don't you think?" they asked, gazing at all sorts of flowers there "i've never been here before, so this is my first time here! Fun!"
Moonpaw enjoyed being here, all the flowers and such. "So when am i going to start training Leafheart? Just wondering"

[ @Cxndy_Fatal, short starter but this is what i can think of]

Last edited by Thornwolf; July 16th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old July 16th, 2022, 09:49 PM
Whoop whoop

Bump Policy: Every 15hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixwolf View Post
Moonpaw looked around at the flowers
So pretty! they thought, sitting down on a rock
"Leafheart! These flowers are beautiful don't you think?" they asked, gazing at all sorts of flowers there "i've never been here before, so this is my first time here! Fun!"
Moonpaw enjoyed being here, all the flowers and such. "So when am i going to start training Leafheart? Just wondering"

[ @Cxndy_Fatal, short starter but this is what i can think of]

Leafheart

The ginger tabby rolled her bright eyes. "Silence, Moonpaw! We here for training,
not to fool around like kits!" She hissed, reminding her apprentice that she was in no mood to put up with any distractions or dilly-dallying. "We will be practicing ambush battling."

Last edited by Rxcket_p; July 16th, 2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old July 16th, 2022, 09:50 PM
;-;

My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxndy_Fatal View Post
Leafheart

The ginger tabby rolled her bright eyes. "Silence, Moonpaw! We here for training,
not to fool around like kits!" She hissed, reminding her apprentice that she was in no mood to put up with any distractions or dilly-dallying.
"O-oh, right right, sorry, let's start training then" Moonpaw replied, stooding up and getting ready to learn something from her mentor Leafheart

Last edited by Thornwolf; July 16th, 2022 at 09:51 PM.
Old July 16th, 2022, 09:58 PM
Whoop whoop

Bump Policy: Every 15hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixwolf View Post
"O-oh, right right, sorry, let's start training then" Moonpaw replied, stooding up and getting ready to learn something from her mentor Leafheart
Leafheart

"Now, like Ive said-, we will be practicing Ambush battle training. Now, Moonpaw. Tell me what you already know about Ambush battling?" The ginger shecat asked in a low tone, giving her bushy tail an impatient swish, glaring down at the smaller feline with almost hatred in her piercing blue eyes.