by dino.
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 10:30 AM

Old June 2nd, 2021, 08:43 PM
Champion All-Nighter

My Mood: Proud

Default Re: The Shadowledge

Embershadow
Embershadow sighed resignedly. Unfortunately, Dawnstar had a point. If Ebonyfang wasn't protesting, he was clearly fine with being a warrior again. Or, he was just too afraid to challenge the ferocious leader. As said leader turned her gaze on him, he struggled to keep eye contact with her. As she spoke, he realized some of what she said made sense. Ebonyfang had been a warrior before becoming a medicine cat and he had done just fine. Bouncepaw didn't have his full name, yet. There could be some concerns about his abilities. He still disagreed with the decision, though. In his mind, Ebonyfang was a fine healer and Embershadow saw no reason to demote him for a cat that had just received his warrior name.

Old June 2nd, 2021, 09:01 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Wolfwhisper was zoning out throughout the meeting. It wasn't like he meant too. Not really. Too many 'voices' had his head in their clutches. The only comforting one was Moonshadow. He should talk to the molly again. She was wonderful company. You can imagine his surprise when Badgerscar was suddenly the medicine cat.

He meowed out a quiet, 'congrats!' to the tom. He.. guessed it was better to have a loyal cat as their medicine cat. All Wolfwhisper felt was bad for poor Bouncepaw. Imagine working hard as an apprentice and then suddenly a cat who hasn't even been trained yet is an official one before you. Brackenpaw was right. The more Wolfwhisper questioned Dawnstar's words the 'voices' got worse. His breath would become heavy as his pulse kicked up a notch, the burning bile of guilt would come back and --

He gasp for air, blinking. Right. Wolfwhisper was right here. Not then. His paws were kinda muddy. He needed... to wash them..

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc
Old June 3rd, 2021, 07:21 AM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Foxstorm
Foxstorm snorted as Buzzardkit begged to have her apprentice ceremony. Wow. What a pathetic excuse of a cat. If Dawnstar believed her ceremony should be held off, then the ceremony would be held off. Simple as that.
Tigerpaw
Tigerpaw growled as Dawnstar decided that Buzzardkit would not become an apprentice today simply because she had said what she felt. That was just not right.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 08:25 AM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnzel View Post
@Undertaker //

buzzardkits ear gave an acknowledging flicker at dawnstars words, turning her head just so she could roll her eyes without being seen. all this slandering ebonyfang! she hadn't talked to the tom, and if she had it was because she had gotten hurt somehow, but her annoyance was starting direct itself at him. an idiot was what he was for not speaking against this! (still very sour, her nose scrunched up in distaste.)

another dumb apprentice was snarling about something and the kit just decided to tune everyone out, until dawnstar spoke up again, feeling the leaders eyes land on her. her mouth fell open for a second, shooting a glare at the other dumb kits (especially wormkit, she did not like the demoted apprentice.)

it took a moment for this to really dawn on her, hurrying over to where the other kits that she did not care about were gathering. "wait! wait! waiiit!" sucking up was not something she would do, but she could not risk her ceremomy being delayed. "don't delay my ceremony! I'll...uhh, I'll never speak out against you again, I promise! I'll even drop off all the prey I hunt in your den, just for you...?" you know, she was getting a tiny bit desperate at this point.

Adderflower flicked her tail in excitement

This was truly delicious, the kit was begging.

She snickered as she watched the kit plead with Dawnstar.

Only weak cats beg, she thought to herself. Dawnstar would surely feel the same, maybe she’d even ensure the kits delayed apprenticeship because of it. The absolute panic on the kit was fueling her good mood.

Buzzardkit, she called mockingly, “you’re still questioning Dawnstar with this outburst, seems you’re not a very good listener.”

@finnzel

on hiatus due to personal reasons .

Last edited by Nostalgia; June 3rd, 2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 09:53 AM
A good song in your heart

My Mood: Fine

dusksong sighned "shadowclan was not the clan it use to be",the old she-cat murmured ,and excused herself from the metting,"I can't bear to see new apprentices made'she said padding into the nursery.

“You have never been wrong before Spottedleaf,” she meowed. “If StarClan has spoken, then it must be so. Fire will save our Clan.”-Into the wild
“It’s over,”.... She squared her
shoulders and turned her face to the rising sun. “It’s over, and peace has come"-Sunset
Old June 3rd, 2021, 10:13 AM
floyd leech my beloved

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Nostalgia //

buzzardkit shuffled her paws together, tail lashing as she tried to hold her head high. that was hard to do though, considering she could hear some cats snickering and snorting, lots of eyes all on her. her green gaze darted around, frowning when she had noticed not only was her mother not here, neither were her sisters or bonekit. (she felt a bit betrayed, by tigerfang specifically. she promised to be here.) she wasn't one to be embarrassed but--

her eyes landed on adderflower when the warrior spoke up, fur bristling at the oh so mocking tone. her eyes narrowed, scowling at her. "mind your business, adderface. I was talking to dawnstar, not you." she hissed, biting back any other remarks that she had wanted to say.

artfight | characters | rp tracker/finder

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old June 3rd, 2021, 10:38 AM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnzel View Post
@Nostalgia //

buzzardkit shuffled her paws together, tail lashing as she tried to hold her head high. that was hard to do though, considering she could hear some cats snickering and snorting, lots of eyes all on her. her green gaze darted around, frowning when she had noticed not only was her mother not here, neither were her sisters or bonekit. (she felt a bit betrayed, by tigerfang specifically. she promised to be here.) she wasn't one to be embarrassed but--

her eyes landed on adderflower when the warrior spoke up, fur bristling at the oh so mocking tone. her eyes narrowed, scowling at her. "mind your business, adderface. I was talking to dawnstar, not you." she hissed, biting back any other remarks that she had wanted to say.

Adderflower gave a dark chuckle.

Ohh so she had gotten under the kit’s skin.

Comfortably swishing her tail over her paws she cocked her head and gave a jeering smile.

Don’t you mean begging?” She purred

@finnzel

on hiatus due to personal reasons .
Old June 3rd, 2021, 09:56 PM
Doctor,Who?

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Aw, here she thought she was getting somewhere with her clanmates, yet so questioned her words. Dawnstar could not recall the last time she killed one of her clanmates, in all honesty, she felt like she's been pretty good about that. Threats, yes, threats that she'd happily make come true, but all she's done is threats as of late. Come now, no one was going to dispute her word? Not that she wanted them to, but she liked to think she was getting somewhere when they did.

Some looked upset and others simply went with it. Ugh, ShadowClan's been so boring as of late, no one causing much of a fuss. That meant whatever she was doing was working, but no one had much fire here. It was almost depressing. She barely glanced at Buzzardkit as she spoke up, but again not her concern. Badgerscar could deal with her. Dawnstar's already told that one she could do whatever she wanted, it didn't seem to be getting through her head.

"I don't see what the big fuss is about, if Ebonyfang actually wanted to be a medicine cat, he has a voice to back him up. He clearly doesn't want the rank anymore." Dawnstar explained, rolling her eyes after Ebonyfang spoke up. He didn't even look remotely remorseful about being returned to a warrior. They acted like she was exiling him or something. Not only that, but if the clan really needed the help, Ebonyfang still retained all his medical knowledge and could step up at any time to lend a paw. Dawnstar recalled a tom stepping with knowledge stepping in to help train the medicine cats before, he had been a warrior not a medicine cat in rank. She assumed Ebonyfang be helping Badgerscar learn, the doubt his clanmates cast on him was vexing but expected. Her eyes flashed over to Embershadow when he asked a question instead of just giving her a look. Finally, someone with a working maw.

"I am not replacing Bouncepaw with Ebonyfang simply because he's still an apprentice. Ebonyfang never deemed him good enough to give him his full name. I don't care how much medical knowledge he has or experience, with some time and training Badgerscar will acquire the same. You're all acting like the clans have never swapped out a warrior to become a medicine cat before. Apprentices and warriors have learned to become medicine cats countless times before, Ebonyfang was the same once, and now you all rely on him to heal you. Badgerscar will learn just as Ebonyfang did. If he takes his duty as a medicine cat as seriously as he did becoming a warrior then ShadowClan will be more than lucky to have him." Normally Dawnstar wouldn't go this far for one of her cats, but this felt exactly the same when she had been placed as leader of ShadowClan. They still had their doubts about her, nothing she could or would do would ever be enough for them. They reminded her so much of Icestar sometimes. Even though Dawnstar didn't think she's done anything particularly bad to ShadowClan or its members. Although that would change later, if they wanted her to be the bad guy, she'll embrace it.

"He's hunt and fought just as hard for the clan as any of you, he is loyal and has never done anything to harm ShadowClan. Yet you all doubt him without giving him a chance to prove himself simply because he hasn't learned anything yet." She scoffed while shaking her head. She was done with this and them. If they wanted Ebonyfang back so badly or Bouncepaw instead of Badgerscar, both cats were free to speak up, yet neither of them did so that was that.

"Mumblekit, Silverkit, and..." She trailed off staring harshly at Buzzardkit. "You, I'm not sure I want to give you your ceremony, Buzzardkit, you continue to have very annoying outbursts and question me at every turn." It wasn't like she was doing it with respect, no, she was just plain being rude and it really needed to stop. "Wormkit." She meowed, calling to the last kit while giving Buzzardkit a chance to reply.

Moonpaw perked up, face full of surprise. Dawnstar called her? She bounced to the front hope gleaming in her eyes.

Beetle

Stagpaw
Moonpaw
Old June 4th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Finally, a clan cat with common sense. Dawnstar's glanced at Brackenpaw with a faint smile. Dawnstar watched Buzzardkit's pitiful display with unmoving eyes. A simple apology and firm "I won't do it again" would have done wonders. Icestar would have sneered in disgust if Dawnstar starting begging for anything. Then again, she did recall the one time she made a fool of herself during a meeting. It was not her best moment. Her golden eyes drifted in Adderflower's direction as the she-cat took to mocking the younger cat. She seemed somewhat sensible, if not slightly annoying, Dawnstar could work with that.

"It's not exactly the outbursts that annoying me, Buzzardkit, it the fact that you think you have some sort of right to make demands of me. That is aggravating. You're utterly disrespectful." Dawnstar explained the kitten's fault with a thoughtful expression. "Fix how you speak to me and I might be more willing to listen, don't beg and don't plead, you look weak. If you'd done something wrong, learn from your mistakes and improve." Buzzardkit had a fire to her, Dawnstar figured it would be a shame to smolder it so young. Still, if she couldn't tame it then she'd have no choice but to extinguish it.

" You have both reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Buzzardpaw[ @finnzel ] and Silverpaw [ @ShadowWing65 ]." Dawnstar returned her attention to Adderflower.

"Adderflower [ @Nostalgic ], you'll mentor Buzzardpaw, try and teach her some manners."

"Silverpaw, your mentor is Goldenclaw [ @Kyrieknight ], don't disappoint me."
Dawnstar finished with the two new apprentices before fixing her attention on Wormkit.

"You've behaved yourself somewhat since your demotion, if I put off your training any longer I'll have to kill you for being dead weight." Her amber eyes glimmered at the thought, she had better learn a lesson. Dawnstar would not be this forgiving in the future. "I'll reinstate you as an apprentice, Moonpaw, do not test my patience again. I will not be as forgiving the second time Tigerlily [ @Exis ], you're in need of a new apprentice. Moonpaw is now yours, try and teach her how to act like a proper ShadowClan cat."

"Pinepaw [ @Bread ], since your return, it doesn't seem like you've made much progress at all in your training. You better start taking your training more seriously otherwise I'll be sending you StarClan I've no need for kittypets lazing around in my clan." It's been well over a year since Pinepaw started her training she still remained an apprentice. She had been an apprenticed by Icestar and Icestar has long been gone. Badgerscar, Fiercefire, and so on. Apprentices were slowly earning becoming warriors, while Pinepaw remained an apprentice an extremely old one. "Darktiger [ @Silverfur & Co ], I'm giving you a moon to get Pinepaw ready for an assessment. If she's not fit for battle, she'll be the first apprentice to die in an assessment."

"Berrypaw [ @~Storm ], Brackenpaw [ @~Skyfall ], Gingerpaw [ @Rockfall ], Whisperpaw [ @Papaya ], Snailpaw [ @Rxmulus ], Duskpaw [ @Corpse da bunny ], Sparrowpaw [ @Caramel ], Quackpaw [ Rani ], Beechpaw[ @Jackpot ].

You all need new mentors so. Darkflower [ @Peril ] you have Berrypaw, Redshrike [ @Rani ], you'll train Brackenpaw, Cloudheart[ @Quickpaw ]with Gingerpaw, Gorsesong [ @Angelique ], you can have Whisperpaw. Batfrost [ @CreativeWolf ] you're training Snailpaw. Snowberry [ @Dahliamoon ], you're with Duskpaw. Meadowbee[ @Tiabirb ], you have Sparrowpaw, Swiftpounce [ @Kunaiskrill ] you'll train Beechpaw, and Shrewstep[ @gs29513 ], you'll train Quackpaw."
Dawnstar finished with reassignments doing her best not to yawn all the way. Ressassingments were dull, she did so many of them every moon.

Speaking of reassignments, she needed to double-check on Quailpaw. He had been wailing about not being able to hear. She needed to figure out if she was retiring him or not.

"Silentpaw." She called the last apprentice up with a flicker of her tail. This one's needed a name change for a bit. "By my authority as Clan leader, I'm giving you a new name. From now you'll be known was Ravenpaw." A bit more fitting due to her pelt, Silentpaw was never a name she liked with her.

"You'll be training with Grimhound [ @spade ] from now. I fear he'll cause me a headache if he doesn't have someone to keep his paws busy." Which was true, that tom was a walking headache, Dawnstar was concern that he'd pest her more often without a cat to train. He had done a grand job with Badgerscar, she expected nothing less with Ravenpaw.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; June 4th, 2021 at 10:28 PM.
Old June 4th, 2021, 02:42 PM

My Mood: Dreaming

Darktiger walked up and touches noses with pine paw. She felt sorry for the apprentice and mews "you have my word dawnstar."

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC