finley's travelling trader...
Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 11:37 AM

Old January 20th, 2023, 09:41 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: Giant's Rest

Harefire sniffed at a pile of moss, looking for some prey. A mouse, maybe.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old January 20th, 2023, 03:22 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Sootfur (he/him)
Light grey tabby with blue/grey eyes

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Sootfur felt himself almost shrink under Flameheart's accusing glare. Even her calm, composed tone couldn't hide all the anger directed toward him... Toward me. He realized with shock. And still, she managed to speak with an apparently calm, but respectful tone, toward the scared Shadowclan queen. He watched her go, blinking once to wish her luck before watching her fluffy tail disappearing between the brackens that led to their camp.

In that moment, a powerful blow of emotions flowed out of Flameheart's mouth like a thunderstorm. He let himself being carried away, gasping for the harsh way he'd never seen from his mate until now, preparing himself for what would come next.

Words of exasperation came out from Sootfur as soon as he could open his mouth. "I couldn't choose anyone over you, Flameheart. But you were never here for me... Even when I left you a gift that day in your nest, you weren't there when I went to sleep." What was he saying? He couldn't control it. Everything was flowing within its own course, and Sootfur couldn't stop it anymore.

"You weren't there when I would wake up. You were always the first one to wake and get to work... Because you're the best Keeper and warrior in the clan." He almost choked on his own, last words. The memory of the last Gathering came back in his mind, and a powerful, black jealousy gripped his heart once more.

"Even at the Gathering you wouldn't find the time to come and see me... I saw you, with that black tom." I wouldn't take my eyes off you, but you were too busy to notice. His heart ached as he realized he was pouring off all his hidden sorrow at her. She didn't deserve this, but he couldn't do anything about it.

He sat down with a last, difficult breath, trying to regain a clear mind and find an answer for what he did.
"I know I made a choice I didn't have the position to make... I knew it back then, and I know it now." He looked at his paws, unable to bear Flameheart's terrible gaze on him. "But I guess... I couldn't choose anyone over you. If I couldn't tell you, I didn't want nobody else to know. Except for Sparrowstar, of course.." How stupid I sound. And yet he did know how true that was. Sootfur had been unable to recognize the dark thoughts that had led his actions. What if I had told her anyway? But it was too late, now.

He turned his back on her, feeling too ashamed to confront her anymore. Head sagging, he continued on, with a low, defied voice. "Maybe I was also... scared, that you would turn that cat back to that place. But when I looked at her..." This is going to be stupid, I know. He shut his eyes closed and continued. "..it was like watching you in another position. What if you were there, too? What if you had to... protect your kits?" He glanced finally at her, expecting a furious, dark green gaze on him.

[ @SpiritedWarrior (I hope this powerplay was legitimate, please tell me if you're not okay with it! I figured out Sootfur would be angry with her for beeing so distant with her Keeper's duties) @jupiter (if you're curious) ]

Flameheart

Confusion rippled through her gaze, covering the burning fire of anger in her green eyes. Part of her wanted to walk away from the conversation and forget it ever happened, but the other part wanted it to be resolved so both cats could move on from the situation. Sootfur was understandably feeling he and Flameheart have not seen or even talked to each other since her promotion and he felt distant from her.

"Sootfur, just because I'm not there when you wake up and I'm not there when you fall asleep does not mean I'm not in your life. I know I've been busy ever since my promotion, and believe me, I'm trying to balance everything out so you and I can have some time together."

She added in her view on the situation before Sootfur continued, trying to space everything out and not get herself or her mate upset further. "Shadowfur? That ShadowClanner? I wanted to get to know him since he's one of Dawnstar's Enforcers. And I wanted to go sit with you at the Gathering, really, I did. Seeing you talking to Dovefluff made me... a little upset. But only because you didn't even make the effort to come talk to me and get to know who I was talking to like I've done with you in the past."

Once the gray tabby tom sat down, Flameheart knew he was feeling guilty about the secret he kept from ThunderClan. In an attempt to seem less aggressive, the young Keeper sat down and softened her harsh gaze. "While I'm happy you have enough trust in me to be the only one worth going to in your mind, sometimes you have to put your needs above your wants and preferences. It's the harsh truth about being a Clan cat. I never wanted to handle so many issues, but I had to because no one else stepped up. I helped countless apprentices get the training they needed, I reprimanded apprentices and warriors for doing something harmful to their fellow Clanmates, I killed my brother to save a kits' life, I fought a RiverClanner because he trespassed on our territory. I never wanted to do any of that, but I did because it would keep the Clan safe and prosperous. And yes, I got a promotion due to how active I was around the Clan. Sootfur- I love you and I always will love you. Starting now, I will make sure to spend time with you. I was oblivious to your feelings, and I apologize. I swear it won't happen again."

Seeing her mate turn his back to her and continue talking in a low tone, Flameheart sighed and lowered her head to level with her mate. She stepped forward and wrapped her long, fluffy tail around Sootfur's shoulders and swiped her tongue on his cheek. "I see where you're coming from... some days I'm scared to. Scared Lotuspaw and Beanpaw would be angry at me for killing their father. And that will hang over my head like a cloud until the day comes when I tell them the truth. It's okay to feel scared, Sootfur. If I had the final say, Dovefluff would be welcome in ThunderClan. And I'm sure Sparrowstar will welcome her just like you promised. But you should never feel scared to talk to me. I'm you're best friend for life. There's nothing I would do to make you feel like you can't talk to me and express your thoughts and feelings."

"Look at me, Sootfur. I would never make you feel scared to talk to me. Whatever issues you have going on, I will be there. Just like you were there for me when I was comprehending my family's history. Do you understand?"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old January 20th, 2023, 03:39 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Sootfur (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Sootfur let his voice trail off and clunched his jaws tight as he tried to keep control. He felt like everything was falling apart. But then, Flameheart's voice became more familiar... and he felt her closeness on his back, the breath on his fur. It was like the first breeze of new-leaf, warm and living again.

"I.. know it's stupid, and that'll sound stupid, but... this time I was waiting for you to come to me. I felt like I've always had to follow you behind to keep at pace, you know.." He felt so stupid for saying this out loud, but it was true. That was how he had felt back then, and why he'd made certain choices.
"And I didn't want to leave Dovefluff's side anyway, at that moment." He continued more calmly, explaining his reasoning. "When I noticed how scared she was... I didn't want to leave her alone. She seemed miserable, Flameheart. But I'd never took my eyes off you, I swear you this." He kept staring at his paws. She must think I'm a total mouse-brain, for certain...

The orange and white tail around his body gave him courage. He finally rose his gaze, and met those big, fierce green eyes that she had always known and loved so much. A few moments of silence later, he allowed himself to rest his head on her shoulder before talking again. His thoughts were spinning, but his heart felt once more at peace.
"Yes, I understand now... And I'm truly sorry for having hidden this to you. I was wrong and.. And I don't want any more secrets between us."

Sootfur's gray eyes shined, reflecting the colorless sky that preannounced a light snow. He stared at the flame in front of him, feeling a fluttering feeling in his chest that made him lighter and lighter. "I may have forgotten how good of a friend you are... but I won't anymore, I promise. I trust you, Flameheart, for I truly love you with all my heart."

In silence, he closed his eyes and they touched noses. In that moment, the first snowflake fell between the two cats, melting on their muzzles at once.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]
Old January 20th, 2023, 05:02 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Sootfur (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Sootfur let his voice trail off and clunched his jaws tight as he tried to keep control. He felt like everything was falling apart. But then, Flameheart's voice became more familiar... and he felt her closeness on his back, the breath on his fur. It was like the first breeze of new-leaf, warm and living again.

"I.. know it's stupid, and that'll sound stupid, but... this time I was waiting for you to come to me. I felt like I've always had to follow you behind to keep at pace, you know.." He felt so stupid for saying this out loud, but it was true. That was how he had felt back then, and why he'd made certain choices.
"And I didn't want to leave Dovefluff's side anyway, at that moment." He continued more calmly, explaining his reasoning. "When I noticed how scared she was... I didn't want to leave her alone. She seemed miserable, Flameheart. But I'd never took my eyes off you, I swear you this." He kept staring at his paws. She must think I'm a total mouse-brain, for certain...

The orange and white tail around his body gave him courage. He finally rose his gaze, and met those big, fierce green eyes that she had always known and loved so much. A few moments of silence later, he allowed himself to rest his head on her shoulder before talking again. His thoughts were spinning, but his heart felt once more at peace.
"Yes, I understand now... And I'm truly sorry for having hidden this to you. I was wrong and.. And I don't want any more secrets between us."

Sootfur's gray eyes shined, reflecting the colorless sky that preannounced a light snow. He stared at the flame in front of him, feeling a fluttering feeling in his chest that made him lighter and lighter. "I may have forgotten how good of a friend you are... but I won't anymore, I promise. I trust you, Flameheart, for I truly love you with all my heart."

In silence, he closed his eyes and they touched noses. In that moment, the first snowflake fell between the two cats, melting on their muzzles at once.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]

Flameheart

Feeling her mate relax after being talked to and reprimanded brought an unexplainable relief to the young Keeper. She never wanted Sootfur to feel the way he did and hoped they could grow as a couple, preventing this sort of mishap again."It's not stupid to think that, I get it. You are always the one to follow behind, and it- it isn't fair to feel that way. Tell you what, the next Gathering we go to, we walk in there together, we sit together, and we talk together. Just like when we were apprentices. And a couple of sunrises from now, I'll take a day or two off to spend with you. Maybe we can go to Sunkissed Creek and relax, away from the hussle and bustle of the Clan. How does that sound?"

Hearing the tom talk about Dovefluff once more brought forward an apologetic glance in her eyes. Not for Sootfur, but for the ShadowClan queen who had decided to run from the Clan she knew and come to ThunderClan for a better life in regard to her kits and a new beginning for herself. "It's situations like this that make me feel bad for those who live in ShadowClan. They live in fear because of what Dawnstar does in that... cult of hers. It's not even a Clan anymore, at this point." Maybe something has to be done. A queen moving out of ShadowClan because of the safety of her unborn kits? Clearly something is going on. And it's not good. I'll have to speak to Sparrowstar when I have the chance.

The touch of Sootfur's head resting on her shoulder brought memories of the fun times they had. How they were always able to support each other. "Then, from this moment on, there won't be. When I have a chance, I'll speak with Sparrowstar about ShadowClan... things are clearly awful over there if a queen doesn't think her unborn kits will be safe to raise under Dawnstar's rule. And if they can't defend themselves from internal destruction, then perhaps there needs to be an outside force."

Sootfur's promise was perhaps the best thing they both needed to hear. The pair were once again getting along and felt no anger or fear toward each other. As it should be. "That's good to hear. I love you, too, Sootfur. Forever and always. Let's get back into the camp. I'm sure seeing you would give Dovefluff the comfort she needs right now."

Wiping her tail under her mate's chin in soothing (and somewhat playful) fashion, Flameheart padded back into camp.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!

Last edited by SpiritedWarrior; January 20th, 2023 at 05:02 PM.
Old January 20th, 2023, 05:34 PM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Muskrat Mire

Ospreypaw had followed the group, he had never been to this part of the territory before, well he had never been to many parts of the territory really. His tail flicked excitedly as he thought about catching some prey or if not at least he was able to explore!! Though while he was here, he noticed that others were starting to go on the defense and he did so as well, the scent that soon ivaded his nose was one that was not with Thunderclan or even any of the other clans.

@dino. @Poprock @Pheasantflight @WhiteDawn @SpiritedWarrior @candy hearts. @Kat

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old January 20th, 2023, 11:03 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Muskrat Mire

Mana
@dino. ; @Poprock ; @Pheasantflight ; @WhiteDawn
@perseus. ; @Kat ; @SpiritedWarrior

The spotted feline had a small bundle of plants in his maw. Hoping that at least a few of them were passable as having some sort of healing property. He turned to look at those who followed, hoping they found something in the Cold Weather. He hadn't even gotten to remark on anything before he was almost bowled over by one of the nincompoops he brought with him. Shouting something about regrouping and what should be done.

Truth be told the large feline didn't even realize other's were here before he'd looked over to where NightWatcher was facing. Almost immediately harsh words were spat, making the tom roll his eyes. Both ends immediately went hostile. "Oh can neither of you do anything better other than get your Claws tangled? Honestly. We're just looking for healing things really." he answered, bob of a tail twitching.

Oh, this place was supposed to be quiet. He didn't want to bump into anyone, but of course something had to happen, after all nothing in his life was easy. "We've already got most of what we needed, so we'll take one or two more herbs and be on our way." he hummed, taking a step forwards and weaving around the one who decided to use themselves as a meat shield. It was un-needed really. By himself, he was rather large, it didn't take much to tower over those around him, and his fluffy fur really added to the image.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old January 21st, 2023, 06:05 AM
a winter in my heart

[ @TAG ][/CENTER]
[/FONT]
Sootfur (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Hearing the soothing voice of her best friend was enough to make him feel better instantly, but Flameheart's offer was even more powerful in bringing peace to Sootfur's mind. "It would be... great. Really." He spoke softly, glancing affectionately at her, brushing her fur with his tail. "It's so good to have you back." He whispered happily.

It seemed that she'd finally accepted the terrible situation in which Dovefluff had found herself - it wasn't an everyday thing to switch clans like that, especially if you were scared of your own. He looked at her in surprise as she declared that she would take action and speak with Sparrowstar about it. What can we do against a whole clan? It's been this way for so much time...
"Oh, I'd better come with you then. I owe.. Sparrowstar a good explanation and some excused for my actions." It won't be great, but at least I will be with her. And I'll take my responsibilities.

He smiled warmly at her suggestion and let her fluffy, warm tail brush his chin until it disappeared forward. Padding slowly at her side, they walked in silence under a light snowfall. Sootfur was glad of the outcome of this difficult situation, but somewhere in his corner the memory of the Shadowclan enforcer still tingled at his mind. He shook it away, wanting to welcome the peace that Flameheart and him had fought their way to.
Even under the gray, overcast light Flameheart looked bright and full of life.

He glanced sideways to get her expression a couple of times, purring as she caught him and enjoying the jokes on the way back.
It was good to be back on their normal ways.

[ @SpiritedWarrior (We can end here if you'd like! You can post in Sparrowstar's den and mention me. I'll get to write to Dovefluff as soon as she's joined Thc and mention you!) ]

Last edited by Wingnettle; January 21st, 2023 at 06:06 AM.
Old January 21st, 2023, 12:42 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: Mossy Den

DARKPAW
Darkpaw was quite excited for her first hunting session, but she tried to keep that contained. She looked at Hailhawk, curiosity shimmering in her dark brown eyes. He would be her teacher for today and she did have expectations, but as long as she knew how to hunt afterwards she should be fine, she supposed. “So how does this work?” she inquired with a flick of her tail. She had been thinking of her training until now, but then she noticed the soft moss under her paws and a tiny smirk popped onto her face. She liked this already.

@KN1GHTH4WKS [I hope its’s fine that they’re here]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old January 21st, 2023, 09:17 PM
Resident Insomiac

Default Re: Wisteria Falls

Quietpaw

Quietpaw nodded as Sootfur asked her to show him her hunting crouch, and she smoothly settled into one. It was well-balanced and the correct position, but there was something a bit different about it, though it wasn't very noticeable, and hard to distinguish. That's when Quietpaw land just beyond some bushes, and her ears perked up and swiveled towards the bird's direction. Her eyes widened very slightly. This was the perfect oppurtunity to show her mentor her skill in hunting! She glanced at Oriolepaw and Sootfur, then angled herself so she was approaching the bird, careful to stay low and out of the bird's sight. Now it was more obvious what was different about her hunting crouch. It was looser and her movements while hunting the bird were a lot more fluid and swift as a result, slightly more efficient.

Quietpaw had learned how to hunt this way, as the less rigid (Aka the normal hunting crouch) way didn't allow her to disengage and run fast enough if she was startled by another loner who wanted to take her catch for itself. Because she was so small, she always needed to be in position where she could burst into quick movement and either run or dodge from a potential threat. This also allowed for a quick, precise kill so she could quickly end the hunt while lowering the possibility of it being stolen from her.

The bird chirped and hopped tail length away from where it had been, whether it had sensed something or done that for no other reason, Quietpaw couldn't tell, but she froze for a second, waiting to see if it was going to fly off. Any other time she would have lunged anyway, but she was too far to catch it, and she didn't want to fail in front of her mentor and her new friend. After a second, she moved forward again. Almost there . . . There was a sudden burst of movement, a sharp crack, and then Quietpaw was padding back over to the two other cats with an excited gleam in her eye, the bird limp in her jaws.

(Sorry if some of the description doesn't make sense, my brain seems to be malfunctioning. XD)

@Wingnettle @Cherry~

Life Finds A Way Sign-Ups

Lilykit Family Adopts
I don’t have a bump policy, so go ahead and bump me whenever!
Going through a lot right now, so replies will be a bit slow for awhile.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 04:21 AM
a winter in my heart

Default Re: Wisteria Falls

Sootfur (he/him)

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

Sootfur observed carefully Quietpaw's movements, nodding encouragingly as she spotted and pointed to a bird in proximities.
He remained still and hidden with Oriolepaw at his side while his apprentice made her way carefully toward her target.

He was unsure whether to tell her something or not. The way she was sneaking was a bit.. odd, but the confidence in her movements made him stop and keep looking. That was her chance of showing her skills; he could not spoil that for her.

Sootfur sprang up from behind his bush and landed in front of Queitpaw, cheering happily for her firs catch. "That was stunning. Quietpaw! You were so good at stalking the prey and then you chose the right moment to get it." He hadn't even started his lessons, and already he'd found himself with two skilled apprentices.

"I need no more proofs for you two. It's clear that you both have the basics of hunting in the forest." He glanced proudly at the two apprentices, already picturing them under their Thunderwillow for their warrior ceremonies. His heart felt light, and he finally felt that he'd been given a new purpose in his clan.

"Well, are you ready to try some new techniques and work together? If we walk a bit further, toward the end edges of the territories, we will find some interesting burrows and I'm sure something will come out of it toward dusk." Sootfur had made sure to remember every prey's den so that he could return every time he needed a good spot. Now we'll see how you two can manage a rabbit.

"Follow me!" He exclaimed before leaping over some bracken bushes and disappearing into the undergrowth.

[ @Cherry~ @Willow_Tree ]