by dino.
Last post by dino.
Today 11:07 PM
Kitten Kingdom! [ Kit...
Last post by Spooky_Blossom
Today 10:50 PM

Old Today, 07:28 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: feel free! i promise i have our roleplay in my to-do list, im just lazy v-v
My Mood: Lazy
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Peachspring
20 Moons || RiverClan Warrior || She/her
. . .
RiverClan’s Southern Sweetheart
. . .

Peachspring kept a watchful eye on the two as they each went their separate ways. Those two seemed to each have a good head on their shoulders. They seemed responsible and respectful, the complete opposite of how wild and rambunctious she was at their age. But then again, she'd been a little kitten on a farm with no rules or boundaries besides Ma's loose authority. After she made sure they were both gonna be okay, she turned off and headed off in her own direction.

She treaded along the soft ground with quick and careful pawsteps, like she was on some mission of some sort. Just as she was about to come to a stop to taste the air, Peachspring caught sight a trail of tiny paw prints in the dirt. Bingo! Easy peasy. Her eyes gleamed in delight as she bent down to check the freshness of the scent, and possibly figure out what kind of prey it was. Hopefully not something boring as a mouse or a water vole. She always hated having to eat the same mice everyday back on the farm. They were so tiny and unfilling, but better than a frog, she guessed. Those actually were disgusting.

[d10 : rolled a 10 - success!]
The tracks ended up being a big fat boring mouse. How disappointing. But by the scent, she could tell that the mouse wasn't too far away. Peachspring dropped into a crawl and crept along the paw prints, leaving a trail of her own in the sand alongside the dirt. She crept closer as the little creature came into sight. Finally, with a swift pounce and bite to the neck, she was able to easily kill the creature. She gently grabbed it's neck with her teeth and buried it in a small hole.

She lifted her head once more to find the scent of a rabbit and a thrush closest. Strange that a lil' bunny would be out in the RiverClan territory, but not super rare. Both would be pesky pieces of prey. Birds n' bunnies were so skittish. One wrong crunch of an autumn leaf and suddenly they were flappin' or runnin' away before you could even blink. But Peachspring liked a little challenge every now and then. It made simple patrols exciting. She'd go for the thrush first. It seemed closer. Peachspring turned to the left and cautiously began following the scent. She slunk through the tall grass as the bird fitted around, pecking at the ground. Maybe the thrush was hunting too? What did birds even eat? Probably insects or something. She almost felt bad as she lowered herself into a hunting crouch and stalked nearer. She wiggles her butt and launched herself into the bird. It was a flurry of feathers from there, certainly not her best work. She clumsily sank her claws into it as it sqawked and flapped around as she struggled to finally pin it to the ground. She grunted as the bird screeched in her face, but none the less she managed to subdue it with a hard bite. When the creature finally limp in her jaw she dropped it to the floor, drowning at the mess of feathers it'd made. She once more buried it in the ground as she'd done before. Then she gave her pelt a few licks to try to clean it, before continuing on.

. . .
@burntToast - Aspenpaw || @sleepyyjax - Seapaw ; sorry for the late(ish) reply! got a little busy during the week.

Last edited by chickadee; Today at 07:28 PM.