Old September 18th, 2024, 07:16 AM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Poppyburst - RiverClan Warrior
The Collector
Chill of Death
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2

´´STARRYKIT!´´ Poppyburst´s shriek echoed throughout the air. Her surroundings went blurry, the warrior´s complete focus on the silver tabby she-kit. Without thinking, Poppyburst launched herself onto the branch, her tail raised to help her keep her balance. It was a risky move, but it had to be done.

´´Stay where you are, love,´´ The tortoiseshell called out. ´´I´m coming to get you, and then you´ll be all safe and warm again. I promise you that.´´

Slowly - oh so very slowly - Poppyburst began to creep along the branch towards Starrykit. Black and ginger paws were placed gingerly along with care. Poppyburst was the smallest of the warriors. It was better for her to do this rather than another cat.

´´Keep your head above the surface,´´ The tortoiseshell called out to the kit, her voice laced with warmth. ´´That is what I need you to do. Keep your head above the surface.´´ Poppyburst continued her journey forward until, finally, she was at the edge of the branch at Starrykit´s side.

Bending her head, the RiverClanner grasped Starrykit by the scruff, her teeth gentle as to not break the skin. Mud filled her mouth, but Poppyburst didn´t care. Tugging gently, the small-framed tortoiseshell managed to pull her Clanmate out of the mire. ´´Stay with me, little one,´´ She mewed softly into Starrykit´s ear, her voice muffled. ´´We´re heading back across to Goldfish, Floodsight, Wavebreaker, and Goldenwing. We are all here to help you, love.´´

With more slow and precarious pawsteps, Poppyburst once more made her way across the branch. Once at the end, she leaped down onto the soft grass beside the other warriors. She gently placed Starrykit down and wrapped herself around her, washing the kit´s silver fur backwards to dry her and warm her up.

[ @Wingnettle // @Blaaze // @Quietheart // @Goldenwing // @goodacacia ]

(When Grim gave her a necklace )
Old September 18th, 2024, 02:50 PM
Matching w/ Bean <3

Bump Policy: ↬ 48 hours / 2 days
My Mood: Dark

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤
Go With The Flow | Agatha Kitty | Primal Instincts [Climbing]

All of the sudden Poppyburst had returned with a stick, and just as soon as Goldfish parted her jaws to speak Poppyburst did. No biggie. And then cats arrived- two more. Had they followed the scent, too? "Alright, we could use the help." The scarred tortoiseshell mewed briskly, tail-tip flicking with a quick thinking urgency. Turning to take the stick from Poppyburst, The Ace of Spades was stunned as she padded over to the mud and somehow used the stick in a very confusing way (How was it stable on sinking mud?) To walk across, grab Starrykit, and walk back. A sudden cold burst of fury surged in her throat. "Poppyburst! What in stars name were you thinking?" Goldfish snarled, golden eyes ablaze. Within the hues was fresh anger, but hidden worry and shock. The lionheart gave her a cuff around the ears (Not mean, really. Not hard either, a light movement aimed to brush them to the left) and a hiss. "You're gonna get the both of your killed, or deeper in! I told you not to go closer to the mud, you idiot!" A huff brushed the anger into cold disapproving disappointment, and the worry and relief brushed some of that away. With a shake of her head as though scolding a kit. She would then gently nudge her way to free the kit of the assorted love-showering and look her in the eyes. It indeed was Starrykit, the one who lost her sister. "That wasn't the right way, Starry. I'm not going to make you explain, that's a job for Dusklion or Fadingstar. Now's not the time." Goldfish mewed, voice soft and firm.

She then flicked her tail to the other two cats who had arrived- Wavebreaker and Goldenwing before swiveling to face them. "I don't know why you weren't able to scent our scents, and didn't volunteer previously, but as much as I do appreciate you coming it would've been best if instead of yelling to Starrykit you spoke to me, got it? That is sinking mud, no matter how stable it looks. Not safe. It's super slick near the edge, and It's deep. You should've listened when I called names. I'm not mad, I'm just glad everyone's seemingly fine." The Ace of Spades' eyes flicked back to the white tabby kitten, who she decided deserved the light punishment of not getting carried. A kitten who thinks they can roam the territory and be okay- as well as come all the way here- would be fine walking back. That was her only punishment that Goldfish would insist on. "You, young lady, are walking home. No need in babying you if you came all the way here by yourself, hm?" Her voice had a teasing hint to it, but was still firm and frustrated from lecturing warriors like they were apprentices. She gave Floodsight a nod. "At least you trusted me, Floodsight..! Well maybe I can give you some climbing lessons late on anyway if you're interested. Swimming and Climbing seem to suit me an awful lot better than walking and running. Right then, lets go home." And at that she would rise to her black and golden dappled paws and turn toward the way they'd come, nodding to Poppyburst to take on the rear while she herself moved to the front of the line of way too many cats.

[Goldfish's Thoughts and actions do NOT reflect my own!! Also, please avert from quoting and mentioning me, you got my hopes up Smh /silly paedyn-- next time bump me if you're waiting on a goldfish response before skipping!! /lh]

Goldfish Is one of Riverclan’s Lionhearts!
She is Open to Apprentice Training and Plot ideas!
My Characters' Opinions do Not reflect my Own!

Last edited by Blaaze; September 18th, 2024 at 03:46 PM.
Old September 18th, 2024, 06:00 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: two days for time-sensitive, five days all other including VMs/DMs
My Mood: Confused

[ Semi-open; please VM before interacting! ]

Regardless of the pain in his chest, he wasn't going to just sit around camp all day. Sitting around made him think about the pain, which in turn made it worse. As long as he kept a slow pace, then he wouldn't have to take many deep breaths, and that meant the pain was more manageable.

He knew that someone would probably get upset at him for leaving camp so soon after being injured, so he waited until it seemed like most of the Clan were distracted or out before slipping out himself.

It took him almost twice the time it usually did to make it all the way out to the outskirts border, especially since he decided to start on the far end. That way, when he was tired at the end, he wouldn't have as far to walk back.

Fadingstar began slowly setting scent markers at the outskirts border. With more outsiders showing up these days, he wanted to be sure it was clear that cats were actively living here. The last thing they needed was some rogue group thinking they could try to make a home in RiverClan's territory.

Eventually, he decided to take a break about halfway along. He was beginning to get a bit out of breath, which in turn was causing the ache in his chest to worsen. Sitting down with a sigh, he glanced off into the distance.
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old September 18th, 2024, 07:32 PM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Bored

The Collector
Chill of Death
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2

Poppyburst flattened her ears to avoid Goldfish´s swinging paw towards them. ´´I understand where your anger comes from, Goldfish,´´ The tortoiseshell mewed calmly, her green eyes meeting the amber ones of the Lionheart. ´´But let me explain why I did it.´´

Taking a deep breath, Poppyburst got to her paws and shook out her black-and-ginger pelt. ´´I knew it was a risky move, but it had to be done. Starrykit is only four moons old. Did you really expect her to be strong enough to grip a branch to haul herself up?´´ The RiverClanner mewed. ´´A kit´s claws are sharp, but they are not strong enough to let their owner pull themselves onto something, not to mention that Starrykit doesn´t have well-developed muscles like us warriors.´´

Poppyburst twitched an ear. ´´I am the smallest of the warriors here, Goldfish, which makes me the lightest. It was better I cross to grab Starrykit rather than risk the lives of you or Floodsight,´´ She dipped her head. ´´I am sorry that I defied you. You are a Lionheart, but I will not apologize for Starrykit´s rescue.´´

Poppyburst held Goldfish´s angry stare. ´´The warrior code says that the greatest thing a warrior can do in life is sacrifice themselves for another cat, Clan or no Clan. I think that is what we stand for as warriors - believing in what´s right. And saving Starrykit the way I did was right. If you ask me, I don´t think she would have been strong enough to hold onto that branch. I mean, the only part of her body that wasn´t surrounded by mud was her head!´´ The tortoiseshell´s gaze hardened. ´´Did you expect me to stand there patiently and wait for Starrykit to drown in the mire?´´

Poppyburst´s forest-green hues hardened, and she gave a single lash of her tail. ´´No, I didn´t think so,´´ The RiverClanner´s attention flicked to the silver tabby RiverClan kit. ´´We already lost Elderkit. We cannot lose Starrykit, too.´´

Without another word, Poppyburst hung back and took up her position at the rear of the patrol. Her tail swayed behind her, her eyes clouding with undetectable emotions.

[ @Blaaze // @goodacacia // @Quietheart // @Goldenwing // @Wingnettle ]

(When Grim gave her a necklace )
Old September 18th, 2024, 08:52 PM
<3

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Floodsight
✦ RiverClan | 21 moons | Mind Reader ; Beefed Up T1 ; empty slot

Just as Poppyburst brought back the stick, she'd rushed into the mud, ignoring all of Goldfish's plan. It all went past in a blur when Wavebreaker and Goldenwing arrived unexpectedly. The situation could've gone very wrong, but somehow it worked out. The star were still shining and looking after the little one, that's for sure.

Goldfish's anger was completely understandable, Floodsight had felt the same herself. It made her want to scrunch up her brows and heaved a heavy sigh, but she held it in. This was not the time, not when there's a little kit caught up in the middle of it. The silver warrior wearily nodded at Goldfish's suggestion, "Ah...for sure, we could. Let's get the little one home before anything."

And when she meant before anything, it was before anything. That including any reasoning Poppyburst was spawning out of the blue. And when she suddenly brought up Elderkit, that's when the silver molly just snapped. There was no need to remind the kit of her sister. No need. She whipped her head around giving the tortoiseshell a cold glare before speaking calmly with a tone as icy as the rivers in Leaf-bare. It was unbiased, just simply the truth that needed to be told. "What you did could've gone much worse than if you had only listened. We are a clan, we work together, not alone."

"Let's just get the little one back, and take her to see Berrypaw."

[ @Blaaze @paedyn @Quietheart @Goldenwing @Wingnettle ]

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old September 18th, 2024, 09:16 PM

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaze View Post

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤

All of the sudden Poppyburst had returned with a stick, and just as soon as Goldfish parted her jaws to speak Poppyburst did. No biggie. And then cats arrived- two more. Had they followed the scent, too? "Alright, we could use the help." The scarred tortoiseshell mewed briskly, tail-tip flicking with a quick thinking urgency. Turning to take the stick from Poppyburst, The Ace of Spades was stunned as she padded over to the mud and somehow used the stick in a very confusing way (How was it stable on sinking mud?) To walk across, grab Starrykit, and walk back. A sudden cold burst of fury surged in her throat. "Poppyburst! What in stars name were you thinking?" Goldfish snarled, golden eyes ablaze. Within the hues was fresh anger, but hidden worry and shock. The lionheart gave her a cuff around the ears (Not mean, really. Not hard either, a light movement aimed to brush them to the left) and a hiss. "You're gonna get the both of your killed, or deeper in! I told you not to go closer to the mud, you idiot!" A huff brushed the anger into cold disapproving disappointment, and the worry and relief brushed some of that away. With a shake of her head as though scolding a kit. She would then gently nudge her way to free the kit of the assorted love-showering and look her in the eyes. It indeed was Starrykit, the one who lost her sister. "That wasn't the right way, Starry. I'm not going to make you explain, that's a job for Dusklion or Fadingstar. Now's not the time." Goldfish mewed, voice soft and firm.

She then flicked her tail to the other two cats who had arrived- Wavebreaker and Goldenwing before swiveling to face them. "I don't know why you weren't able to scent our scents, and didn't volunteer previously, but as much as I do appreciate you coming it would've been best if instead of yelling to Starrykit you spoke to me, got it? That is sinking mud, no matter how stable it looks. Not safe. It's super slick near the edge, and It's deep. You should've listened when I called names. I'm not mad, I'm just glad everyone's seemingly fine." The Ace of Spades' eyes flicked back to the white tabby kitten, who she decided deserved the light punishment of not getting carried. A kitten who thinks they can roam the territory and be okay- as well as come all the way here- would be fine walking back. That was her only punishment that Goldfish would insist on. "You, young lady, are walking home. No need in babying you if you came all the way here by yourself, hm?" Her voice had a teasing hint to it, but was still firm and frustrated from lecturing warriors like they were apprentices. She gave Floodsight a nod. "At least you trusted me, Floodsight..! Well maybe I can give you some climbing lessons late on anyway if you're interested. Swimming and Climbing seem to suit me an awful lot better than walking and running. Right then, lets go home." And at that she would rise to her black and golden dappled paws and turn toward the way they'd come, nodding to Poppyburst to take on the rear while she herself moved to the front of the line of way too many cats.

[Goldfish's Thoughts and actions do NOT reflect my own!! Also, please avert from quoting and mentioning me, you got my hopes up Smh /silly paedyn-- next time bump me if you're waiting on a goldfish response before skipping!! /lh]

Wavebreaker

|43 Moons|

After the words left Wavebreaker mouth Starrykit stopped her panicked mewling and slowed her thrashing to the bare minimum required to keep her afloat. Good she can hear me. He let out an unsteady breath, hoping his clanmates would come through for her. His dark blue eyes turned in the direction of the other three, to gauge their progress when suddenly Poppyburst reappeared with a large stick, and chucked it into the mud. What is she- Wavebreaker gasped slightly leaning forward as the green eyed calico dived onto the branch that was precariously floating on top of the murky surface. He glanced at Floodsight and Goldfish, with the Lionhearts expression in particular revealing that these actions were unaccounted for. He sympathized with the tri-colored warriors actions, having just a few moments earlier almost done the same thing. Still the senior warrior couldn't help but feel it was reckless when clearly the three had been trying to coordinate some sort of teamwork.

Rather than sit and wait on the opposite shore Wavebreaker began making his way to the others who were about fifteen tail lengths away. By the time he had reached them Poppyburst was already wrapping her orange and black fur around the youngster, giving her warmth and a proper wash. This should have settled the black furred tom down, but it only reduced his concern. Anxiety was still gnawing at him, as images of his former apprentice gasping for air filled the corners of his mind. As he wrestled with his feelings of disquiet Goldfish stepped forward and cuffed Poppybursts ear. She then filled that ear with a hiss and some disapproving words about not following orders, to which Wavebreaker nodded wordlessly in agreement. That was pretty dangerous, but I'm glad they are both ok. As he felt a sigh leave his lips, suddenly Goldfish had whirled on him with the same disapproving look in her golden eyes.

The large warrior stiffened as she claimed baselessly that Wavebreaker had been unable to follow the patrols scent markers, for some reason also mentioning Goldenwing who it seemed was not present on the scene. He wondered if somehow she had gotten lost while trying to find Starrykit's trail. I hope she is ok. Goldfish didn't stop there, she insisted she had made a call for a patrol. But Wavebreaker had run to the center of camp just after he had scared Starrykit away, calling on cats for help and no one had shown up. He supposed it was possible she had called for one outside of camp having seen Starrykit fleeing, but her accusation seemed unwarranted. Still he felt he should give the black/gold calico the benefit of the doubt.

His confusion soon turned to bitterness as she chastised him about the dangers of the muddy marsh, and insisted that he should have wasted valuable time talking to and distracting them, when the three cats clearly already had a plan in motion. He couldn't help the negative thoughts that flowed in. Of course I know that mousebrain! The tom had to bite back his desire to actually say the words. He knew better than to call out a superior in front of other clan members. He simply gritted his teeth and nodded. Why did Goldfish think he had asked Starrykit to stop moving? Moving in a surface like that caused a cat to sink faster. He had been trying to make sure the cat didn't drown, and it's not like he had jumped in, even if he had considered it. Before he could answer her ridicules Goldfish had moved on to the scarred silver warrior Floodsight and quickly praised her before telling the group of cats it was time to head back home.

As he fell in line he looked at the tiny milky white pelt of Starrykit, trying to let go of his frustrations. At least she's safe. That's really the only thing that matters. Wavebreaker felt a rough smile override the frown that had been sitting on his mug, Thank goodness I don't have to watch another young cat head to StarClan just yet. He hoped Shrewpaw and Toutedheart had plenty of friends up their among the stars. Just as he had found peace in some positive thoughts Poppyburst voice rang out through the group. Neither her voice nor the words she spoke hid her irritation well. Wavebreaker also felt that her justifications were dubious at best.

As she let her feelings be known the warrior could only feel disbelief in response. He wanted to shout, to say anything to cut her off and prevent her from digging herself into a deeper hole. What is she thinking, doing this in front of everyone? This wasn't the time. Sure he had felt somewhat indignant being chastised by the Lionheart, but he wasn't about to throw a fit over it with a distraught kit right in front of them. As he heard Poppyburst mention Elderkit his eyes darted to Starrykit, worried she might run off again. He opened his mouth to respond but Floodsight beat him to it. He closed his mouth listening to the younger warrior who seemed to barely be able to keep her fur flat. Her tone and stare were ice cold as she delivered a dose of reality to the 30 moon old calico with burning green eyes. As Floodsight finalized with a statement to get the kit back to Berrypaw Wavebreaker added a simple affirmation, "Yes I think that's best." He then proceeded to pad along with them.

@paedyn
@goodacacia
@Blaaze
@Wingnettle
@Sageflower0714

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; September 18th, 2024 at 09:25 PM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 08:21 AM

Bump Policy: 3 Days / 5hrs Time Sensitive
My Mood: Queenly

ROWANMANE

H cocked a brow as the warrior spoke. Sharks… the through pondered in his mind for a few moments before SedgeFlake spoke. “How do we do that though?…Especially without pissing someone off?” he questioned to RedMire, even more uncertain than he had been before.

[sorry for short and late, fell behind on some irl stuff]
@dino. @BEAR.

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
DarkPaw Finder (SC)
Old September 19th, 2024, 09:35 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by paedyn View Post
The Collector
Chill of Death
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2

´´STARRYKIT!´´ Poppyburst´s shriek echoed throughout the air. Her surroundings went blurry, the warrior´s complete focus on the silver tabby she-kit. Without thinking, Poppyburst launched herself onto the branch, her tail raised to help her keep her balance. It was a risky move, but it had to be done.

´´Stay where you are, love,´´ The tortoiseshell called out. ´´I´m coming to get you, and then you´ll be all safe and warm again. I promise you that.´´

Slowly - oh so very slowly - Poppyburst began to creep along the branch towards Starrykit. Black and ginger paws were placed gingerly along with care. Poppyburst was the smallest of the warriors. It was better for her to do this rather than another cat.

´´Keep your head above the surface,´´ The tortoiseshell called out to the kit, her voice laced with warmth. ´´That is what I need you to do. Keep your head above the surface.´´ Poppyburst continued her journey forward until, finally, she was at the edge of the branch at Starrykit´s side.

Bending her head, the RiverClanner grasped Starrykit by the scruff, her teeth gentle as to not break the skin. Mud filled her mouth, but Poppyburst didn´t care. Tugging gently, the small-framed tortoiseshell managed to pull her Clanmate out of the mire. ´´Stay with me, little one,´´ She mewed softly into Starrykit´s ear, her voice muffled. ´´We´re heading back across to Goldfish, Floodsight, Wavebreaker, and Goldenwing. We are all here to help you, love.´´

With more slow and precarious pawsteps, Poppyburst once more made her way across the branch. Once at the end, she leaped down onto the soft grass beside the other warriors. She gently placed Starrykit down and wrapped herself around her, washing the kit´s silver fur backwards to dry her and warm her up.

[ @Wingnettle // @Blaaze // @Quietheart // @Goldenwing // @goodacacia ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaze View Post

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤

Quote:
Originally Posted by paedyn View Post
The Collector
Chill of Death
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2

Poppyburst flattened her ears to avoid Goldfish´s swinging paw towards them. ´´I understand where your anger comes from, Goldfish,´´ The tortoiseshell mewed calmly, her green eyes meeting the amber ones of the Lionheart. ´´But let me explain why I did it.´´

Taking a deep breath, Poppyburst got to her paws and shook out her black-and-ginger pelt. ´´I knew it was a risky move, but it had to be done. Starrykit is only four moons old. Did you really expect her to be strong enough to grip a branch to haul herself up?´´ The RiverClanner mewed. ´´A kit´s claws are sharp, but they are not strong enough to let their owner pull themselves onto something, not to mention that Starrykit doesn´t have well-developed muscles like us warriors.´´

Poppyburst twitched an ear. ´´I am the smallest of the warriors here, Goldfish, which makes me the lightest. It was better I cross to grab Starrykit rather than risk the lives of you or Floodsight,´´ She dipped her head. ´´I am sorry that I defied you. You are a Lionheart, but I will not apologize for Starrykit´s rescue.´´

Poppyburst held Goldfish´s angry stare. ´´The warrior code says that the greatest thing a warrior can do in life is sacrifice themselves for another cat, Clan or no Clan. I think that is what we stand for as warriors - believing in what´s right. And saving Starrykit the way I did was right. If you ask me, I don´t think she would have been strong enough to hold onto that branch. I mean, the only part of her body that wasn´t surrounded by mud was her head!´´ The tortoiseshell´s gaze hardened. ´´Did you expect me to stand there patiently and wait for Starrykit to drown in the mire?´´

Poppyburst´s forest-green hues hardened, and she gave a single lash of her tail. ´´No, I didn´t think so,´´ The RiverClanner´s attention flicked to the silver tabby RiverClan kit. ´´We already lost Elderkit. We cannot lose Starrykit, too.´´

Without another word, Poppyburst hung back and took up her position at the rear of the patrol. Her tail swayed behind her, her eyes clouding with undetectable emotions.

[ @Blaaze // @goodacacia // @Quietheart // @Goldenwing // @Wingnettle ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodacacia View Post

Floodsight
✦ RiverClan | 21 moons | Mind Reader ; Beefed Up T1 ; empty slot

Just as Poppyburst brought back the stick, she'd rushed into the mud, ignoring all of Goldfish's plan. It all went past in a blur when Wavebreaker and Goldenwing arrived unexpectedly. The situation could've gone very wrong, but somehow it worked out. The star were still shining and looking after the little one, that's for sure.

Goldfish's anger was completely understandable, Floodsight had felt the same herself. It made her want to scrunch up her brows and heaved a heavy sigh, but she held it in. This was not the time, not when there's a little kit caught up in the middle of it. The silver warrior wearily nodded at Goldfish's suggestion, "Ah...for sure, we could. Let's get the little one home before anything."

And when she meant before anything, it was before anything. That including any reasoning Poppyburst was spawning out of the blue. And when she suddenly brought up Elderkit, that's when the silver molly just snapped. There was no need to remind the kit of her sister. No need. She whipped her head around giving the tortoiseshell a cold glare before speaking calmly with a tone as icy as the rivers in Leaf-bare. It was unbiased, just simply the truth that needed to be told. "What you did could've gone much worse than if you had only listened. We are a clan, we work together, not alone."

"Let's just get the little one back, and take her to see Berrypaw."

[ @Blaaze @paedyn @Quietheart @Goldenwing @Wingnettle ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietheart View Post

Wavebreaker

|43 Moons|

After the words left Wavebreaker mouth Starrykit stopped her panicked mewling and slowed her thrashing to the bare minimum required to keep her afloat. Good she can hear me. He let out an unsteady breath, hoping his clanmates would come through for her. His dark blue eyes turned in the direction of the other three, to gauge their progress when suddenly Poppyburst reappeared with a large stick, and chucked it into the mud. What is she- Wavebreaker gasped slightly leaning forward as the green eyed calico dived onto the branch that was precariously floating on top of the murky surface. He glanced at Floodsight and Goldfish, with the Lionhearts expression in particular revealing that these actions were unaccounted for. He sympathized with the tri-colored warriors actions, having just a few moments earlier almost done the same thing. Still the senior warrior couldn't help but feel it was reckless when clearly the three had been trying to coordinate some sort of teamwork.

Rather than sit and wait on the opposite shore Wavebreaker began making his way to the others who were about fifteen tail lengths away. By the time he had reached them Poppyburst was already wrapping her orange and black fur around the youngster, giving her warmth and a proper wash. This should have settled the black furred tom down, but it only reduced his concern. Anxiety was still gnawing at him, as images of his former apprentice gasping for air filled the corners of his mind. As he wrestled with his feelings of disquiet Goldfish stepped forward and cuffed Poppybursts ear. She then filled that ear with a hiss and some disapproving words about not following orders, to which Wavebreaker nodded wordlessly in agreement. That was pretty dangerous, but I'm glad they are both ok. As he felt a sigh leave his lips, suddenly Goldfish had whirled on him with the same disapproving look in her golden eyes.

The large warrior stiffened as she claimed baselessly that Wavebreaker had been unable to follow the patrols scent markers, for some reason also mentioning Goldenwing who it seemed was not present on the scene. He wondered if somehow she had gotten lost while trying to find Starrykit's trail. I hope she is ok. Goldfish didn't stop there, she insisted she had made a call for a patrol. But Wavebreaker had run to the center of camp just after he had scared Starrykit away, calling on cats for help and no one had shown up. He supposed it was possible she had called for one outside of camp having seen Starrykit fleeing, but her accusation seemed unwarranted. Still he felt he should give the black/gold calico the benefit of the doubt.

His confusion soon turned to bitterness as she chastised him about the dangers of the muddy marsh, and insisted that he should have wasted valuable time talking to and distracting them, when the three cats clearly already had a plan in motion. He couldn't help the negative thoughts that flowed in. Of course I know that mousebrain! The tom had to bite back his desire to actually say the words. He knew better than to call out a superior in front of other clan members. He simply gritted his teeth and nodded. Why did Goldfish think he had asked Starrykit to stop moving? Moving in a surface like that caused a cat to sink faster. He had been trying to make sure the cat didn't drown, and it's not like he had jumped in, even if he had considered it. Before he could answer her ridicules Goldfish had moved on to the scarred silver warrior Floodsight and quickly praised her before telling the group of cats it was time to head back home.

As he fell in line he looked at the tiny milky white pelt of Starrykit, trying to let go of his frustrations. At least she's safe. That's really the only thing that matters. Wavebreaker felt a rough smile override the frown that had been sitting on his mug, Thank goodness I don't have to watch another young cat head to StarClan just yet. He hoped Shrewpaw and Toutedheart had plenty of friends up their among the stars. Just as he had found peace in some positive thoughts Poppyburst voice rang out through the group. Neither her voice nor the words she spoke hid her irritation well. Wavebreaker also felt that her justifications were dubious at best.

As she let her feelings be known the warrior could only feel disbelief in response. He wanted to shout, to say anything to cut her off and prevent her from digging herself into a deeper hole. What is she thinking, doing this in front of everyone? This wasn't the time. Sure he had felt somewhat indignant being chastised by the Lionheart, but he wasn't about to throw a fit over it with a distraught kit right in front of them. As he heard Poppyburst mention Elderkit his eyes darted to Starrykit, worried she might run off again. He opened his mouth to respond but Floodsight beat him to it. He closed his mouth listening to the younger warrior who seemed to barely be able to keep her fur flat. Her tone and stare were ice cold as she delivered a dose of reality to the 30 moon old calico with burning green eyes. As Floodsight finalized with a statement to get the kit back to Berrypaw Wavebreaker added a simple affirmation, "Yes I think that's best." He then proceeded to pad along with them.

@paedyn
@goodacacia
@Blaaze
@Wingnettle
@Sageflower0714

Starrykit
Riverclan | 4 moons
Mind Reader

There were many, many warriors around her dear pool of mud. They shouted orders and bickered amongst each other, and she couldn't make out their words even if she wanted to. Something she wasn't willing even to try.

Suddenly a tortoiseshell appeared in front of her - a small cat balancing on a branch, craning their neck to grab her! She widened her eyes as her scruff was taken between tiny teeth and dragged away with strength from the brown, sticky trap.

So many cats... and she didn't know any of them. Again, the realization of Mistyshard disappeared, abandoning her and Elderkit struck her. Thanks to her, now she was so lonely in Riverclan.
The small scarred kit turned back for a short moment, just to glance at the mire swamp again. Thoughts whirled in her head.

She needn't acknowledge her guilt for having fled, not in her mind. But she was willing to go back, at least for now, and walk in front of the warriors following their previous pawsteps. All, until she heard her name again.

..."We already lost Elderkit.."

Starrykit halted immediately and planted her muddy paws on the ground. Hollow eyes stared in front of her as if she was seeing a ghost. A ghost? Did ghosts even exist? Did Starclan even exist?
The doubt made her even more miserable, to the point where she even doubted the whole clan life and their so-called warrior code.

@Sageflower0714

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Last edited by Wingnettle; September 19th, 2024 at 09:36 AM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 11:25 AM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

They should know. Redmire wasn't stupid enough to try anything by herself, as much as it was tempting. She just hoped they understood and were willing.

"Only once." Redmire's claws pointedly hooked and shredded grass as she walked. "We'd only have to be like him once." Once would be enough to get his blood in the water; enough to snag the attention of everyone else and send them circling, StarClan willing. "Then we would be done with it all for good. We could be on our way to being a real Clan again. Maybe there would be fall-out from others, but..." There wouldn't be from him.

[ @BEAR. @Rowan ]
Old September 19th, 2024, 12:15 PM
han jisung fourth gen ace

Bump Policy: 2 days [ONLY for timesensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Dusklion - RiverClan Deputy

Exhausted. Disappointed. Sullen.

Dusklion was feeling all of these and them some as she let the temporary camp and headed into the territory. Her chest felt tight as the war between guilt over what she said to her brother and the desire to do what was best for RiverClan. His back and forth switching up - how he had vowed to her and been so adament about not helping the other Clans, then offering it at this Gathering... how dismissive he'd been of her claims, only to once again do a complete turn and make it look like it had been his idea all along. It made her want to rip her claws through something, anything -

"Stars dammit!"

Her yowl broke through parted jaws as she lunged for the nearest tree, scoring her claws down it in a fit of rage. Blue eyes blazed as she lashed her tail behind her, breathing coming hard. She hadn't even realized the tears that fell from her face. Why was he acting like this? Why was he so different from the cat she had met all those moons ago? Why did he just not seem... to care anymore??

Leaving the fraying bark on the tree, the deputy whipped around and stalked further into the territory, using one paw to rub at her eyes to clear them. It was stupid. It was so stupid how much she still looked for the good parts of her brother when every part of his actions was telling her there was none left. When every part at her screamed that despite his words, he didn't consider them a team. What scared her the most, perhaps, was the realization that he never had.

"We'd only have to be like him once..."

Huh? Swiveling her ears around she picked up a voice that sounded oddly familiar. Flattening her fur and taking a quick breath to steady herself, Dusklion weaved her way through the territory until three familiar pelts came into view. She didn't say anything, instead letting her gaze flicker to each cat in turn.

"...What did you mean by that?" She looked to Redmire, with no trace of anything but tired curiosity in her gaze. Her tone wasn't accusatory, nor was it harsh. It was asked as a question, simple and to the point.

[ @dino. @Rowan @BEAR. ]

"what everyone called luck was actually talent."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den
♥ please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥

Last edited by taillow; September 19th, 2024 at 12:16 PM.