by taillow
Last post by Minkuu
Today 12:05 AM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by kenjaku
Yesterday 11:41 PM

Old March 18th, 2024, 12:47 AM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Please remember that Fadingsun's thoughts do not reflect my own. If you are having trouble distinguishing IC and OOC thoughts/opinions, I encourage you to step away from WCO for a little while and de-stress. In addition, going to gently encourage everyone Fading has interacted with to refrain from posting until poppy has had a chance to respond

Next up was a bunch of reassignments and new Lionhearts. Fadingsun's ears perked as Birdsnow began naming those who would be taking up the helm of one of the Clan's most important ranks. Nightspark was getting demoted, which the tom was glad for. He'd hardly seen the cat around the Clan, much less doing what was expected of a Lionheart.

A bit of dejection hit him as his name wasn't called among those who would be joining the Lionheart ranks, but that was swiftly replaced by pride and joy as Birdsnow announced that Dusklion would be taking on the role of Head Lionheart. A smile spread across his face; his sister had worked hard to earn this, and had put her life on the line for RiverClan more than once. He chanted all of the new Lionhearts' names with fierce positivity, but he especially focused on Dusklion's. He'd have to make a point to tell her just how proud he was after the meeting finished.

Mumblepaw expressed a desire to have Fadingsun handle fang's assessment, which surprised him. Nonetheless, he'd get the job done as soon as the 'paw was ready. Trying to find Mumblepaw's eyes in the crowd, he gave the apprentice a brief, certain nod.

Then, everything changed.

“With this in mind, Fadingsun, I would like to offer you the position of RiverClan deputy.”

It took Fadingsun several moments to process what had just come out of the leader's mouth. He was going to be the new deputy? Him? A cat who had never shown any ambition for leadership, nor any tangible desire for it? Why him? Why not... Dusklion?

It seemed he and his sister were on the same wavelength, because before pretty much anyone else could react she was yelling, protesting about his (in her view) lack of contributions in comparison to her. Fadingsun's eyes snapped towards his sister, a mixture of shock, guilt, and... anger swirling within him.

The emotions he felt crashed over him like a tidal wave, almost so overwhelming he didn't know how to deal with it. He had no clue how to process any of this; the shock of receiving a rank he wasn't expecting in the slightest, his sister's protests... his sister's choice to put her own ambitions over him.

It made the tips of his claws sink into the dirt. How could Duskers- Dusklion say such things? Did she really think so poorly of the work he put into the Clan? Sure, he hadn't fought as valiantly as she in the battle- few cats in the Clan had. But was there not significant merit in patrols, in being the first to step up to try to steer the Clan towards something positive after Larkstar and Tansypaw's departures? What about all he'd done to train apprentices, to help keep the cats in this Clan in line as best he could? Did none of that matter to her?

Did he matter to her? It was a thought that felt almost forbidden, but it sliced through his heart like the sharpest claw. If this was her reaction- no congratulations, no warmth, nothing but a half-hearted acceptance of Birdsnow's decision- then what did she really think of him? Did she really see him as a sibling, as he did her, or... just another Clanmate?

Fadingsun hated the thought. He hated the churning in his heart, the pit in his stomach, the roaring in his ears. It didn't help that argument immediately broke out all around, with some cats stepping forward to push back against Dusklion and others defending her. No, no, this was all getting to be too much-

It was in that moment that something in him clicked into place, and he went into a type of autopilot. Any concern he had for his relationship with Dusklion or his confusion over being named deputy vanished, replaced only by frustration with the couple of cats in the crowd taking this too far and a desire to get this meeting back under control.

"Everyone QUIET!"

It was a snarl that came out louder and more intense than intended, but perhaps that was what was needed in that moment. Fadingsun was sick of it all; the bickering, the disrespect, cats always having to take matters into their own paws instead of just letting Birdsnow or someone else with authority handle it. He swept a furious gaze over several of his Clanmates before shifting it up to Birdsnow.

The fury quickly died, replaced by a mixture of gratitude and determination. "I accept your offer. Thank you; this isn't what I was expecting, but trust in me that I will do everything I need to do to ensure RiverClan thrives once more."

He swung his gaze back toward his troublesome Clanmates, particularly Hailstorm, Bubbleblink, and Wrenpaw. "The three of you can shut your damn mouths, right now," he spat. "Your memories must be suffering, because Birdsnow has made it very clear that she doesn't want warriors and apprentices taking it upon themselves to deal with troublemakers in the middle of a meeting and causing huge arguments as a result. Was Dusklion in the wrong to burst out like she did? That's not up to you to decide; that's Birdsnow's decision."

For a moment, his eyes focused on Wrenpaw. "Just like the decision on who will be Head Lionheart is Birdsnow's decision. If you have a problem with it, go visit her in her den after this meeting and talk it over. And watch your tone while talking to Dusklion, while you're at it. Whether you want to respect it or like it, she's the Head Lionheart and you're an apprentice. Talk to her with respect or you'll be heading back to the nursery."

Shifting his gaze to Bubbleblink, he continued, "As for you, we don't need your insults getting thrown either. If you have a legitimate problem with Birdsnow's choice, take it up with her in her den like she's asked in the past. When it comes to your personal feelings on Dusklion - or any other Lionheart for that matter - keep them to yourself. I don't care, I'm sure Dusklion and Birdsnow don't care. And as for you, Hailstorm, the same goes for you- if you have more you want to say, I'm sure Birdsnow would be happy to hear it after the meeting."

Fadingsun swung his gaze around the rest of the Clan, his eyes burning with an intensity they hadn't in a long time. "I've said before that RiverClan needs to get itself together; we've been making progress towards that, but if we want it to continue we need to respect those around us and let the high ranks handle the problems that come up. I don't care if you think Dusklion's wrong for what she did; let Birdsnow handle it. You're not the one making the decisions, so keep your thoughts to yourself until it's the right time to share them. If that's not something you can manage to do, then I highly suggest you take yourself out of this meeting and this camp and go cool off."

He sat down again, casting his eyes back up to Birdsnow. He hoped he didn't overstep; this whole deputy thing was new and ultimately he just wanted RiverClan to have a damn peaceful meeting for once. He blinked apologetically at her, partially due to the crap going on around him and because he wasn't fully sure if he'd overstepped. He wanted Birdsnow to know that she wasn't alone in handling this Clan; he was here now, and he'd be damned if this Clan would head down a bad path for as long as he was deputy.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:44 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

minkpaw sighed, when was the last time riverclan had had a normal meeting, just one meeting with no yelling or protesting, she couldnt remember. she gave the group of cats bickering behind her a glance over the shoulder before fadingsun ripped her out her thoughts. she flinched at his raised voice, a snarl way too loud with how close she was sitting to him and she had already a minor idea of what was about to follow. he wasnt necessarily wrong, minkpaw just thought he should stop being so darn degrading and stop acting like he was all high and mighty but birdsnow had chosen him so theyll do their best to respect her wishes and give him a chance. at least it was clear that structure was not something they'll be lacking...

// my characters thoughts/feelings do not represent my own and might be irrational or harsh IC, here my reminder that i do not share them OOC //

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
rooks requirements
Old March 18th, 2024, 02:23 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
Don't mind her being silly

Adderpaw rolled her eyes when Fadingsun was picked for the deputy and smugly smirked. When she became a warrior she was going to become a deputy in an instant and that meant Fading was going to lose his spot. She would feel bad for him but it was just her destiny to be as such so she left any ill feelings slip off of her pelt. Certainly she was going to be a deputy under Birdsnow. There was no way she was leaving the clan. Oh Adderpaw would make sure that wouldn't happen!

Her mind was so caught up in the thoughts of her future she had tuned out all of the bickering. When Fadingsun shouted it snapped her attention to it but she just shook her head. Probably squabbling about nothing that would matter in the time everyone went to sleep by today's death. A flick of her ear snapped her back to her ponderings of the future as her as the leader. Who would she pick as a deputy? Maybe she would think about giving Fading that spot back! Oh and lives? No she would just get those all right away.

Last edited by Fish; March 18th, 2024 at 02:24 AM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 03:41 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

mistyshard

riverclan lionheart | she/her | 36 moons
Wait what... her... a lionheart? The crimson stained tabby's one eye widened and she let out a grateful purr. She'd make sure to serve her clan to the best of her ability and would put a lot of effort into this position. She gave Dusklion a little glance that was supposed to mean "congrats", then waited for the rest of the announcements. Dusk sure deserved the spot for all she had done for RiverClan, but it made Mistyshard wonder who would be chosen for deputy. There were few other candidates so she was curious to see. Her pondering was quickly answered once mentor reassignments were done.

Fadingsun - he was certainly a deserving tom of the position. She'd seen him around camp lots lately and he appeared to be very dedicated. Mistyshard was sure he would do well. She offered him a nod of congrats and was about to say something when Dusklion started screaming. The lionheart's attention immediately turned towards Dusk and she let out a sigh. Deputy must have been Dusklion's absolute dream. Misty knew it was frustrating for her to see her brother just "steal" it away from her, and she probably just needed some time to process this all. She thought Dusk was more than capable of being the head lionheart but this outburst could make others doubt that.

Her worries were confirmed as Hailstorm spoke. She furrowed her brows at him and shook her head. "I'm sure Dusklion is grateful. It seems to have been her absolute dream to be deputy so it can be frustrating for her nonetheless. Especially when it's her brother who gets the position." Next was Bubbleblink, then Wrenpaw... Fadingsun had the situation handled so she didn't comment any further. She padded over to Dusklion and sat there for a few moments, the silence weighing on her shoulders.

"It's going to be okay," was all she could utter as she waited for Birdsnow's words. Mistyshard hoped it wouldn't throw Dusklion off more.

[ @talle @Spider-in-the-corner ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old March 18th, 2024, 05:21 AM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesun0112 View Post

Minnowsplash straightened up. They were getting a new apprentice? They were getting a new apprentice! Minnowsplash shook themselves slightly, getting rid of any lingering anxiety. Summerpaw would be their first apprentice, but Minnowsplash was ready to be the best mentor ever. “Hey Summerpaw,” they mewed. “Nice to meet ya. I’m Minnowsplash.” Their eyes gleamed with delight. “We’re gonna have a fun time together, you and I. I’ll teach you everything there is to know about RiverClan.” Minnowsplash cast a glance back at Birdsnow, giving the leader a small nod. I won’t let this clan down. For the future of RiverClan.
Summerpaw looked up from Willowpaw to his mentor. Hearing her cheery tone made Summerpaw feel a bit better. "Nice to meet you, i'm Summerpaw" Summerpaw said, touching muzzles per tradition, he gave a small sniff as he looked back to Hawksun and then back to his mentor.

(Summerpaw is a very Jayfeather kinda cat. He's very grumpy and grouchy but he knows manners and trys hard. If Minnow needs help handling him go to my cat Hawksun and he can give her advice <3)

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder @/MaplestrikeWCUE

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old March 18th, 2024, 06:35 AM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Breezy

user20199_pic47993_1707016046.png
Goldfish

Purrks: Agatha Kitty || Go with The Flow
Tags; OPEN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goldfish's eyes widened with nothing but surprise, and after a few moments of tense shoulders, a tight chest, not breathing, and her tail still, she straightened up, reared up her front paws, and called out, Congratulations, Fadingsun! You'll do wonderful." had she meant it. Seeing all the hate he was getting for no reason, Goldfish immediately felt defensive of the hard-working, loyal warrior- or deputy. He had crossed her mind only once, and she had been so certain it would be Dusklion that she hadn't even decided to really ponder him. She made sure her golden eyes locked on the tom, trying to catch his eye. She wanted him to see her support. He'd be a fantastic deputy. Just because some silly, selfish warriors would rather be deputy themselves didn't mean that he would do bad. Quite the opposite, since these silly warriors were the one that stressed Larkstar to her doom. She shuddered at the thought. Larkstar had had plenty of potential, that was for certain, and it was wasted. Wasted! Wasted being stressed out of her mind, judged out of her mind. Not very nice, not very nice at all. She felt so terrible after Dusklion's yowled that she stayed stock-still for another few moments.

As she watched Fadingsun with helpful eyes, they flicked momentarily to Birdsnow. "Good choice, Birdsnow. I knew you'd be a good leader." her voice was a whisper, though, so there was no way, unless she had awesome hearing, that the leader could hear her voice. She was okay with that. Some words were meant for her ears alone, good or bad. Okay, back to the Lionhearts. She knew for certain that Dusklion was well-equipped for the role, and that Springburst would continue her helpful and strictly loyal ways. Or whatever she did. Mistyshard, she wasn't surprised she became a Lionheart. A close friend of Birdsnow, and an extremely loyal and talented warrior, basically declared the gray feline a place. She hoped to become aquatinted with her. A friend of Cobwebpaw and Minkpaw was a friend to her. A good warrior, and she shunned herself for the 'friend of Birdsnow' part. Birdsnow chose Mistyshard because she was worthy and grand, that was all. That was all. She had to remember that. It was true, and she had to focus on that and that alone.

[This post gave me 5555 kk AAA satisfaction]

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

Chaos is yet to arrive

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Hollyheart, Dolomedes, and Marigoldwhisper all reside in here. They will never escape :>

Last edited by zBlaze; March 18th, 2024 at 09:16 AM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 07:09 AM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Status: birds fly away, reaching the sky. a plain we cannot walk upon.
Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

MUMBLEPAW
He/They/Fang

[ 17 Moons | 19 Mentally]

PURRKS: Master Scout & Monkey Paw
[ Complete tunnel and repair knowledge | Respiratory Issues ]

[ I wish to note that I tried to reply to everything I could and Mumble would reply to IC. /w\ Mumble’s focus is on Fadingsun. I hope this post makes sense. ]

His head gives the leader and adoptive sister a nod. “Thank you, Birdsnow…” The calico returns to his flatter tone. One step closer to the tunnels and making his parents proud. All three of them. He had further words toward his sister, he held no real relationship with her beyond clanmate and that was fine with them. If she failed at leader like Beansprout then fang would not fall with her as their father had. Relationships kill others, Mumblepaw had first paw experience with that when he had to fight Fawnlight.

Everyone QUIET.

His head twisted around in an instant. What we aren’t going to do as our first act as Deputy is yell. “Fadingsun.” His call for the recently praised tom is filled with nothing but bitterness and rising anger. “You are going to scream and wail like a kit just because you have some backlash? I mean, that very backlash is extremely justified. You’ve done one good thing and that is the bare minimum. But wait! You handled patrol and training, right? That deserves praise from all my clan mates! Oh dear, I’ve done so much, right? I deserve my deputy position!” He lets out a cackle afterwards. A very raspy cackle. Each word he spits isn’t a yell, nor even a scream. It was the cat’s normal volume.

You are nothing but the same as the rest of us. I’ve seen what waiting to confront Commander’s does. It doesn’t do dung around this silly ass Settlement. So before you start wailing about that for what? The second time. No, I won’t be unless I’m given the direct order to by Birdsnow and not her newest of deputy, you are one of many…i’m sure you will fail like all those before. So please, keep acting all high and mighty about becoming Deputy. Just know, you will fall further than anyone before. This attitude of “It was Birdsnow’s choice” reminds me of a certain Commander of ours and I’ll be damned if I allow another one of those cats rise back into the Commander position…” Beansprout. That was who fang was talking about. It was all too familiar. And he would rip Fadingsun to bits if they had too. He takes time to catch their breath. Small gasp for air now that their speech of sorts was over.

A mix of his normal vocabulary and this “new” stuff. It sounded better, hm. He could do this more often, an unnecessary change but one they could slowly get behind if fang wanted to burn everything his mother had taught him. The calico scoffs at the new Second-In-Command before staring at him. Wait for any dumb, half-assed response he had to make. Disgusting.

[ @Cherry~ ]
--
✰ [ get to know me | ask me questions ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
velli was here doing profile mewsic and decided to vandalize

Last edited by stag; March 18th, 2024 at 11:20 AM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 08:12 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

*Bluefang nods*

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old March 18th, 2024, 09:15 AM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars View Post
Summerpaw looked at his old mentor Hawksun. "W-what? Your not my mentor anymore?" Summerpaw mewed. Reciving a nuzzle from Hawksun, "You'll be better without me. I'm glad to call you my last apprentice" Hawksun mewed gently. Summerpaw nodded and went to his new mentor with a grief stricken look. "Hi..." He whispered. Feeling a bit calmed as Willowpaw came up and pressed herself to his side for a moment, whispers of comfort came from her as he breathed in her scent, licking her ear as she left.
@Littlesun0112

Weepingpaw gave a small sniff. The blind apprentice gave a small nod as he stood there. Not knowing the scent of his mentor so he couldn't search for them.
@mars

Willowpaw looked at Weepingpaw and Summerpaw. Her eyes pained to see her uncle stepping down from age. Her heart breaking at seeing how sad Summerpaw looked. She past him and pressed her body to Summerpaw's for a moment. "You'll be ok." She whispered and padded to her mentor with a dip of her head.
@Merp Machine
-.+riverwhisper+.-
purrks - mind reader (active)
23 moons
calm/anxious/caring

A blind apprentice. He would try his best to mentor him, but how? He stepped forward, rubbing his muzzle along his apprentice's head to ensure he knew his scent. "I'm Riverwhisper. What have you already learned?"

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)
Old March 18th, 2024, 11:09 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Doh

Stagheart nodded to Birdsnow's words, stepping away from Mumblepaw. The apprentice seemed more than happy not to give him the time of day, and the large warrior didn't mind one bit.

He cheered for the new Lionhearts along with everyone else, proud to see strong cats stepping in to help command the broken Clan. Then came the announcement for deputy...

Fadingsun. He nodded to himself; a worthy choice, in Stagheart's mind. He was a strong and capable warrior, able to lead with efficient commands— 

Stagheart winced, his approving thoughts interrupted by Dusklion's yowl. He'd always respected Dusklion, especially more now that she'd been promoted to Head Lionheart. But her outcry was certainly disruptive, along with everyone else who immediately went to reprimand her. Stagheart's ear twitched as he watched them all go back and forth, finally silenced by Fadingsun's loud snarl.

Finally. Stagheart nodded along to Fadingsun's words, grateful for the order the new deputy was already trying to instate. It was a lot on Birdsnow's shoulders to handle all of this on her own. The large tom sat still and calm as so many others shouted to the sky, waiting to see how his leader would react.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!