Last post by Ozzkat
Today 12:28 PM

Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:52 AM
ß|ł

My Mood: Mysterious
Default Re: The Shadowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle~ View Post
Sharp amber eyes gleamed with excitement as Finchwhisker listened to the attack plan. Being in charge of the initial assault meant he had no room to screw anything up, but that didn’t worry the pompous tom. In fact, he saw this as a clear opportunity to exercise some power and assert his superiority if things went well. To say he was thrilled would be an understatement.

“Scorchstrike, Berrypaw, Shadepaw, Smokepaw, Moonshadow, Cloudheart, and Brackenpaw, get over here.” He beckoned with his tail, ordering them all to group up so they could discuss their strategy. “Remember, we’re the first to attack, so the way we approach this is crucial. I want an organized system in place here. This is not the time for anarchy, so pay attention and make sure you follow my directions.”

”First off, apprentices, I don’t want any of you trying to go off and be some hero on your own. If it hurts your little egos to be coddled like this, then so be it. You can thank me later when you come out of this alive. Make sure you’re paired up with one of the warriors. There can be multiple of you with one warrior, it doesn’t matter. Just find another cat or two to fight alongside and keep an eye out for each other. Shadepaw, you’ll be with me, of course.” Perhaps some of them were entirely capable of fighting by themselves, but he didn’t want to be held accountable if one of them died stupidly trying to take on a task too big to handle.

“When we come across the pack, I want you all to split off into your groups and each group will approach from slightly different angles. Depending on where we end up coming across them, we may be able to circle around and attack in a way which allows us to begin boxing them in from the very start. Warriors, I want the more experienced of you to take your groups up against the larger of the dogs. Scorchstrike, I expect you’ll be in the lead of one of these ‘experienced’ pairs.” Ideally, they’d all line up in their groups from most experienced to least experienced, and once he gave the command to attack, the experienced groups could go up first to take on the more formidable canines, while the lesser experienced groups could be matched up against a more manageable mutt.

”Remember to fight smarter, not harder. A death will hurt our chances of winning against these mutts, so don’t you dare think about doing anything idiotic. Fleeing the fight to save your own tail is out of the question as well, and if anyone tries this, there will be serious repercussions. Have I made myself clear?” Other than Shadepaw and possibly Scorchstrike, the deputy didn’t personally know most of these other cats too well, nor how good they were at following orders. So this was essentially a shot in the dark, but it was a risk that couldn’t be avoided. “Do any of you have any questions or additional strategies we could employ? Ask now, and not when we’re right about to attack.”

@ChillCat @Stormpoppy @Lukas Novick @~Fierceclaw~ @ShadowWing65 @Quickpaw @-Skyfall-
Cloudheart looked around at the apprentices. He wasn't sure if he wanted to be paired up with Brackenpaw. She was his apprentice, but she wasn't the cat that he would want to be fighting alongside him. Cloudheart hoped that he'd have a good group of cats to work with that would actually listen to his orders. Smokepaw seemed like the best apprentice out of all of them. Berrypaw was begging to be paired up with Scorchstrike and Brackenpaw was just too much of a jokester. That left Shadepaw and Smokepaw. But, Finchwhisker had already paired himself up with Shadepaw, leaving only Smokepaw for the best one. Then again, Cloudheart didn't know that much about Smokepaw, which coukd end up horribly if Smokepaw was actually not as great as he had thought. Cloudheart decided that it was all confusing and let his mind think about something else. He wondered how Skyleap was doing. Probably making new friends instead of preparing to run away from a pack of dogs, he thought bitterly.

Please bump me after twenty-four hours.
Ask My Cats!
Shop!
My Cats' Information!
Please check out this awesome Warriors role-playing website!
Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:55 AM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

Scorchstrike knew she fit into the 'experienced' category. "I have some advice, if I may," she nodded to Finchwhisker.
"Dogs aren't very smart, but they can get up to easily three times the size of cats. You won't be able to reach the eyes or ears, so one of my favorite tactics is to climb a tree, then jump down onto their backs from above. They aren't smart enough to roll over and crush someone. Also, whatever you do, don't get caught in their teeth. That's how I ended up like this." Scorchstrike showed the missing side of her face. "Basically, go for the face, find higher ground, avoid the teeth, and don't be stupid." @Puddle~
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:00 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

// @Quickpaw, @cunning, @~Fierceclaw~

>Whisperpaw<
With a small jab of satisfaction prodding his chest (he was on the front lines AND he was on Dawnstar's patrol, take that, Gingerkit!), Whisperpaw made his way over to Whitepaw to wait for the others. "I can start at the Mourning Ruins," he suggested, "lead them to whoever's at the spruce tree. Then we can go from there."

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:05 AM
ß|ł

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
// @Quickpaw, @cunning, @~Fierceclaw~

>Whisperpaw<
With a small jab of satisfaction prodding his chest (he was on the front lines AND he was on Dawnstar's patrol, take that, Gingerkit!), Whisperpaw made his way over to Whitepaw to wait for the others. "I can start at the Mourning Ruins," he suggested, "lead them to whoever's at the spruce tree. Then we can go from there."
Skyleap, who was listening to Whisperpaw meowed, "Let's see what Nightfur has to say."

Please bump me after twenty-four hours.
Ask My Cats!
Shop!
My Cats' Information!
Please check out this awesome Warriors role-playing website!
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:02 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps

@Puddle~

Brackenpaw nodded, twitching her whiskers with excitment. Oh my stars, I'm going to go fight dogs! And with the Clan deputy! He's so awesome. For a brief moment she went through her battle moves. Getting torn apart by dogs wasn't her idea of helping the Clan. Definitely not helpful. She looked at Larkwing sitting by the Shadowledge and suppressed a snicker. That cat deserved whatever Dawnstar had coming for her. Except death, only murderers and traitors deserved that. Except for Dawnstar, but she wasn't a traitor. She killed cats, but only when they deserved it. She was more merciful than Icestar, that was for sure. Maybe merciful was the wrong word. Awesome.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; May 3rd, 2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:41 AM
Doctor,Who?

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

@Undertaker

Moonpaw sat down, keeping quiet as the Groups found each other and began to organize. She still looked at Dawnstar, hoping-, no, PRAYING that she'd get chosen. The amount of anger that built up inside her was eating away at her. That plus her father's influence on her was practically killing her. She needed to let this all out before she went crazy. Her tail twitched with impatience. If Dawnstar was dumb enough to not see her resolve then she just might speak again. It was impossible to not see how ready she was. She knew how to kill dogs. She had practiced the teqnuike as she watched her father do it. She was 15 moons old for starclans sake! If Dawnstar didn't let her come she just might sneak out, consciences aside. She could help, and she would, no matter what Dawnstar said

Beetle

Stagpaw
Moonpaw
Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:09 PM
chirps

He'd been rather quiet for a majority of the meeting, after offering to join any which patrol. It didn't necessarily matter to Grimhound, so long as he got to sink his claws into some mutts fur. The bickering between his apprentice and two warriors intrigued him a bit, and while he didn't but in he found himself rather annoyed that the cat he happened to be training could get their fur ruffled up that easily. Thankfully that was something that could be trained out of him in the future.

Dreamcloud? That sounded like an... odd name in a string of dark and depressing nomanclature theme ever present in the pine forest dwelling Clan. Regardless, he knew that a name did not make the cat, so the large tabby got to his paws, striding over to where Dreamcloud's patrol was gathering. His claws made indents in the dirt as they dragged along, finally finding a resting place next to Badgerpaw. "I hope you learn to use your claws better than you use your words," Grimhound chuckled, shooting a sideways glance at his apprentice. Pathetic was what it was - he would've attacked Larkwing and Nightfur right then and there.

"So, Dreamcloud, was it? Are we going to waste time talking strategy, or are we gonna kill some mutts?" Huge claws flexing, tail waving behind him, confidence sparkled in the depths of Grimhound's amber eyes. He was ready to get a move on already.

// @hope @Angelique
Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:38 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive

Wolfwhisper had half a brain to at least not overestimate himself. He would have volunteered for being the bait to ease up the guilt bubbling in his stomach but one, he was in fact a coward. Through and through. He also had a case of short stumpy legs.

The tom was built for stamina, not speed. Which luckily came into luck when fighting dogs. He was pretty sure at least.

His ear flickered at the mention of his name and oh! Embershadow! Sweet, they were in the same group with uh, Dawnstar. Oh boy.

The tom made his way to the Shadowledge, grouping with the other cats that were in the same patrol as he waited further instruction.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- the sleepy consumes me --
pronouns.cc
Old May 3rd, 2021, 07:01 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Redshrikes ears flicked as the area broke into noise cats in his patrol slowly filtering over to him. Still things didnt seem off to a good start, Tigerdawn was a queen and despite his insistence the new warrior had no faith that Frostpaw would live through this unassisted much less be an asset to the patrol. At least he had Shrewstep who did make a good point.
"Mmm true. Flashtail youre in charge of your apprentice so Buckpaw stick close and work together or the dogs mauling you is on you. Shrewstep care to take on our over confident young fool here, if its even advisable to take him... Quite frankly Frostpaw a single dog can kill multiple fully grown and highly trained cats with no issues or difficulty, you seriously think an untrained apprentice will be anything more then a mild snack to them or just hold us all back? So do you really wish to come?"
Still at least Gorsesong seemed competent too that made four warriors present who were able to plan... Wait where was Swiftpounce that was the last unaccounted warrior ah drooping off in a corner for some reason.
"Swiftpounce get over here. Youre appart of my patrol."

Right clanmates he didnt really care for sorted onto planning.
"We'll be reinforcements for Finchwhiskers patrol so once the signal is given you'll need to find cats that are struggling with the dogs and be backup. Furthermore while his patrol will be blocking the bulk of the dogs the ones that slip through the gaps need to be killed fast or pushed back into the group so Dawnstars patrols can blindside them more effectively. Besides that all that needs to be done is staying hidden before we attack. Anyone who has any reasonable input can do so now."
Not that Redshrike really cared.

@gs29513 @cunning @Tigerscratcher @Kunaiskrill @Flashtail @MooingPanda
Old May 3rd, 2021, 07:07 AM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Ashenpaw nodded as he was sorted into a group, his eyes fierce and determined. As the group was already getting together, he swiftly moved to join them, dipping his head to Dreamcloud, "If everyone else hasnt joined us, lets just assumed they wimped out. Lets get going already" he mewed, frowning slightly. He was ready to fight off some dogs, and he wasnt going to wait for anyone.

// @hope sorry for the short post ^^

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--