Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Design help!! Mooncatcher...
by Oliver
Last post by Myling
Today 05:07 PM
Mint-fresh training (P)
Last post by Snivellus
Today 05:07 PM
Haven't you noticed I'm a...
Last post by Aolani
Today 04:59 PM
ThunderClan Warriors' Den
by dino.
Last post by Seamrog
Today 04:58 PM

Old November 26th, 2023, 09:27 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

Beetlecrest waited outside of the leader's den. "Twilightstar?" he meowed, "I have something to tell you." Why did this happen now of all times? If only this happened earlier. "If you happen to be busy that's ok."
@Moonraven

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw

Last edited by RavensCall; November 26th, 2023 at 09:28 PM. Reason: forgor the mention
Old November 27th, 2023, 08:38 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

The leader's hackles rose sharply after learning that Fallownose hadn't agreed to let this outsider into camp. "An exception!" Twilightstar flashed her fangs at the warrior's words.

"You brought in a total stranger into the heart of our home without even speaking to me or Fallownose about it." The lilac she-cat snarled, obviously not taking Featherpelt's ignorance well.

"You brought him here, where we keep our kits, queens, and elders, because he is merely interested in our ways and you want to train him." Twilightstar had half a mind to exile Featherpelt. Did he not understand the severity of just walking random cats into their camp?

"Interests does not deem a cat fit for the life of a warrior, we hunt, we fight, we risk our very lives for our clanmates, not out of mere fancy, but loyalty and dedication. This is not some kitten game you play and abandon when it bores you." Interest, honestly that was it? The life of clan cats was no game. What was he going to do when this life no longer interested him, up and abandon WindClan?

Twilightstar swung her head to fix Blizzard with an intense glare. Unless this furball was mute, Twilightstar didn't understand why Featherpelt was taking such a risk for a stranger who seemed to be more entertained with watching him getting scolded.

Twilightstar's whiskers twitched after she heard Tallflood out. She was not the happiest that her clanmates seemed to befriending outsiders. Normally she wouldn't mind outsiders, but with all the trouble going on around the clans, she'd rather not deal with them. "You want me to bring in an outsider into the clan, because you think she'd be a good addition." Twilightstar meowed, thoughtfully.

"That's not really enough for me to deem if a cat is worth taking a risk for." If she could avoid it, she'd rather not deal with bringing cats in she hadn't personally met or deemed fit for the clan. "Let me speak with her and we'll see."

He is surprised, but he does not show it - not at all. He fixes Twilightstar a look filled with respect - this is the only cat he'll follow to the end of the world - and he dips his head. "Of course. Would you like me to set up a meeting with her?" He asks her as he turns his icy dark blue eyes to look at her. Tallflood hopes she does not think he is being brash - he just would like Roxy to learn the ways of a warrior, and she seems eager about it.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old November 27th, 2023, 08:44 PM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual - tags; @Moonraven

"Twilightstar," she mewed into the cave, lashing her tail. "I smelt RiverClan scent well over the border in Sunset Grove while hunting, and a damaged herb to go with it."

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; November 30th, 2023 at 12:47 AM.
Old November 28th, 2023, 06:38 PM
Engaged to Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active

Dapplebreeze had rushed back as swiftly as she could, which granted... was not her optimal speed. She would have to take a long rest after this, lest she wished to face Lightningstorm's ire once again. Staring up at the tree the leader now made her den in she paused, turning to give her daughter a silent look that simply stated don't ask in regards to the tree because... really, you'd think they were squirrels. She of course understood why Twilightstar had chosen the place, it was the closest this camp had to their magnificent Breezerock, but it didn't make her question StarClan any less. Surely they could have kept the single, out of place tree away from WindClan's new home in favor of something more suitable? Perhaps she was being a tad bit nitpicky, but honestly, the idea of sharing anything at all with those vile, repugnant rogues that dared call themselves ThunderClan was sickening, especially with their attitude of late.

"Twilightstar, darling? I come with most wonderful news! We'll be climbing up in a moment, I hope we are not interrupting," the demure looking molly called out for a moment before beginning the trek upwards.

The leader's den was admittedly not at the tallest point it could be. In fact, most cats would say it was quite low to the ground, all things considered. And on a usual day, Dapplebreeze would be most inclined to agree. In fact, she would be agreeable on any day that she didn't see herself having to climb the wretched thing - turns out there was at least one thing the prideful molly was not good at, it wasn't her fault she was a WindClan cat and built as such, not a filthy forest rat - or on any day where her energy reserves were not already being monitored by a - begrudgingly acceptably - disgruntled medicine cat. To add to that, the patched former queen wasn't certain that she even had to call out to the leader before climbing up the tree... yet she was admittedly reluctant to let her manners go simply because the lilac she-cat was so welcoming of her clanmates' visits.

Yet for all this, here she was, struggling up the bloody trunk. In longer than the senior warrior cared to admit, she was up, sitting as elegantly and pristine as she could in an attempt to settle down her discomfort at being far too high up from the ground. She did not care that falling from this height would realistically not hurt her. If she wasn't leaping to catch the rare bird, she preferred her paws settled nicely on the ground, thank you very much. Dipping her head respectfully, blue eyes soon turned excitedly towards the entrance, no doubt in her mind that Twilightstar would be just as thrilled as she felt in seeing Bravebird back. Perhaps not for the same reasons... the molly was obviously over the moon to have her daughter back, but... family not withstanding, there was no denying her little bird was unmatched as a warrior and would be just what the clan needed in these most trying of times.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @birdie [Bravebird]
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Bravebird
She/her | 40 moons | Beefed Up T2
The trek back to the new camp had practically flown by, and as the two approached the plateau, climbing the hill, Bravebird's legs had nearly buckled. The closer they drew to it the more and more her mind started to swirl with just-barely-out-of-reach memories. Flashes of brown fur, the allure of green eyes. Wide smiles and laughter bubbling around her.

"...rnpaw, I have an idea..."

"...we're on is... plateau... uninhabited..."

"...you're a genius... Fernpaw!"

Now, as they were entering the camp, the lithe lilac lynx-point did her best to stifle her gasp. Blue eyes went wide as she stared around at the camp, seeing through the Clanmates there as if they weren't. They darted around the new camp, taking in the carefully woven bramble wall, the way the sky met the sides of the cliff, the breeze that ruffled her pelt from up here...

This was the plateau. And there, as her gaze made it's way towards the center of the camp's clearing, stood a familiar brown pelt with green eyes and a grin.

Fernpaw. Fernpaw. Fernpaw.

Tears nearly choked her as memories rushed forward, spilling into her mind. Battle training, hunting, their talk at Seastones, and her subsequent vow to make RiverClan pay (that would be something to focus on later). Fernpaw, who'd been a bright-eyed apprentice with a heart twice the size of others, who had taught her what it meant to loosen up and have fun, a cat who she had watcheddieandcomebacktolife. A young tom who she had searched the moors for, ignoring her need for food or water or anything else, promising to not rest until he was safe and found.

He had been her apprentice. He had been the cat who had appeared to her in countless nightmares while she had been trapped, and he had been the cat who had pulled her through. And this... this was the plateau they had found while out hunting. Except now it was... WindClan's new home. Her home.

It was good that her mother gave her a silent look, because the feeling of eyes on her was what shook Bravebird from the morgue of memories. Blue eyes seemed less glossed over and she followed Dapplebreeze's look to the trunk of a tree. An unnecessary comment about turning into squirrels was bit back as she watched her mother ascend the tree trunk. It was then that she was made aware of just how... fragile her mother had become. Bravebird had gotten older too - having crested forty moons - but it made her heart wobble a bit at how unsteady Dapplebreeze appeared. She hated the idea of climbing but the WindClan warrior hauled herself up quickly after her mother, struggling briefly to get a paw-hold before eventually snaking up beside the former queen.

Once at the top, she shook her head and let out a low, small hiss. "...A tree? really?" she muttered under her breath, only for Dapplebreeze to hear, as an amused grin spread across her face and her blue eyes rolled. Okay, so perhaps she couldn't hold it back any longer. If any cat would get it though, it would be her mother. Bravebird glanced at her with a 'really?' look, as if to ask did they really make the main point in camp a tree of all things? Where there no other large rocks across the moorland?

But that was enough of that. Bravebird turned her gaze now into the den in which Twilightstar would be in. Her heart thumped rapidly and tears filled her gaze. This was different than the first time. The first time when Fallownose had led her back, she hadn't a slightest clue who she was. Now, she was returning with more memories in tact. Twilightstar. Fallownose. Peachfrost. Dapplebreeze. Fernpaw. And oh yeah... her plan to gut as many guppies as she could find.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune @Moonraven ]

So this was not the first time nor the last time that Twilightstar would feel a little bad about choosing a tree for her den. The leader's ears twitched with intrigue as she heard a voice that she hadn't heard in a while. Twilightstar was aware that Dapplebreeze was getting on in age, the molly seemed to be going through something which had Twilightstar a bit concerned for her health. It was one of the reasons Twilightstar had yet to gift her with a new apprentice, but the voice outside her den didn't sound like a sick feeble molly on her way to the elder's den.

At the mention of a guest joining them, Twilightstar uncoiled herself from her nest and parted her maw, drawing in the cold air around her. She often found herself sneezing heavily when it came to scenting the air with her nose, she'd much rather take a mild ache in her chest than sneezing. The leader picked up the usual flowery scent of WindClan, as well as something foreign. An outsider?

She didn't think Dapplebreeze of all cats would bring her an outsider, at least not into camp like this. Twilightstar stretched her hindlegs and then got settled down, straighter, within her next as Dapplebreeze made her entrance. The she-cat had a bit of trouble getting into the den, although Twilightstar didn't dare say anything about that. Twilightstar had problems with the den itself when they first moved in as well. She was tolerant of it now, but the leader did really miss her old den in their old camp. Leechscar's visits, even unwanted ones, helped chase away the loneliness and isolation this den brought. That and her clanmates who were always more than welcome to seek her out for whatever they needed.

Twilightstar offered Dapplebreeze a warm, inviting smile as the molly turned her head to look at the opening of the den where a second cat joined soon after the senior warrior. The smile on her maw swiftly grew three sizes as the green eye recognized the larger she-cat. Now she understood why Dapplebreeze had been so excited!

"Bravebird!" Twilightstar trilled loudly as she got up to approach the molly and give her an affection nuzzle. "You're home." She couldn't help but purr at the warrior's return. Twilightstar knew that she should probably be a little testier about the fact that this was the second time(?) Bravebird's returning to the clan. But it was kinda hard to be upset with clanmates who were missing when all Twilightstar wanted was for them to come back.

"Where did you find her?" Twilightstar asked Dapplebreeze and then Bravebird. "What happened?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensCall View Post
Beetlecrest waited outside of the leader's den. "Twilightstar?" he meowed, "I have something to tell you." Why did this happen now of all times? If only this happened earlier. "If you happen to be busy that's ok."
@Moonraven

Twilightstar rose, ignoring the chills that ran down her back and looked out of the hole in her den that led into the clearing. She perked her ears and responded after hearing Betlecrest.

"Come on in, Beetlecrest." Most cats knew that Twilightstar didn't really mind when cats entered her den so asking wasn't normally needed. But she appreciated the politeness.

"What can I do for you?" She asked once the tom had entered the den.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-117 View Post
He is surprised, but he does not show it - not at all. He fixes Twilightstar a look filled with respect - this is the only cat he'll follow to the end of the world - and he dips his head. "Of course. Would you like me to set up a meeting with her?" He asks her as he turns his icy dark blue eyes to look at her. Tallflood hopes she does not think he is being brash - he just would like Roxy to learn the ways of a warrior, and she seems eager about it.

Twilightstar grinned, happy to see that she wouldn't have to deal with any arguments or concerns about how she wanted to handle this outsider's joining. Some cats could get a little testy that she didn't trust them right off the bat about bringing in an outsider. Twilightstar job was to ensure her clan was safe, and although she trusted her warriors, there could be quite a bit that could blind them from seeing undesirable qualities within an outsider, usually the main being love.

"Absolutely," Twilightstar meowed, "I'd like to meet her at the border if possible." Twilightstar had to make sure this cat knew what was being asked of her if she wanted to join a clan.
[We can do the meeting in the WindClan joining thread if you'd like, or set up a private thread.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post
s o f t s o n g

"Twilightstar," she mewed into the cave, lashing her tail. "I smelt RiverClan scent well over the border in Sunset Grove while hunting, and a damaged herb to go with it."

Oh, just wonderful. Twilightstar's tail began to lash as Softsong made her report. What in the world was RiverClan doing in WindClan's territory, damaging their herbs at that?

"Did you notice any of the herbs missing or any other damage in the grove?" Twilightstar asked. There wasn't much she could do about it personally now besides reinforce borders and inform the clan to keep a closer eye on RiverClan.

This was the third report Twilightstar has had about RiverClan crossing their borders in the same moon. Obviously, a bit more extreme measures were going to be taken about that. She didn't like resorting to violence but RiverClan needed to learn that WindClan wasn't going to take tresspassing lightly.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old November 28th, 2023, 06:59 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Beetlecrest muttered a quick "Thank you" and stepped inside. "Twilightstar, I'm expecting kits and planning on moving to the nursery," he meowed, "But I'll still be able to go on patrols." The white and grey tabby sighed, "I hope that's not too much of a bother."

@Moonraven

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old November 29th, 2023, 01:37 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
Oh, just wonderful. Twilightstar's tail began to lash as Softsong made her report. What in the world was RiverClan doing in WindClan's territory, damaging their herbs at that?

"Did you notice any of the herbs missing or any other damage in the grove?" Twilightstar asked. There wasn't much she could do about it personally now besides reinforce borders and inform the clan to keep a closer eye on RiverClan.

This was the third report Twilightstar has had about RiverClan crossing their borders in the same moon. Obviously, a bit more extreme measures were going to be taken about that. She didn't like resorting to violence but RiverClan needed to learn that WindClan wasn't going to take tresspassing lightly.

s o f t s o n g

Her tail lashed. It was bad enough to take herbs from WindClan territory without permission, but to do so with so little care in leaf-bare... What would they do if the plant failed to survive the damage? They had enough trouble with sickness as it was without RiverClan's theft.

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; November 30th, 2023 at 12:48 AM.
Old November 29th, 2023, 02:30 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Inactive

Dapplebreeze's lips twitched, her demure smile allowing just a hint of superiority to shine through at her daughter's words. It was obvious Bravebird thought the same as her. How a tree was simply not fitting for the WindClan leader. It did not make her think any less of Twilightstar - moors and sky, the poor darling was subjected to having to sleep here, after all - but it did not make her approve of the location any more. The only reason she put up with it without a complaint was because... well... the inferno had provided so much loss. It would be foolish and ignorant to try and deny as much. The fact that Fallownose and his patrol had even found a new home for WindClan despite the terrible odds against them had been enough to keep the otherwise opinionated molly content. To know that her own kin shared her view, however, was most certainly wondrous, and she couldn't help the glimmer of pride at her dearest's preferences for the only clan that still held itself with the dignity presented by the code. The only cats who could still call themselves warriors by the standards they lived by.

Her look of unrestricted pride faltered, however, at the leader's words. Not because she thought they were uncalled for - stars alive, she would not abide by a leader who simply allowed anyone to return of their own fancy just because they had made it back - but because it brought back the same painful memory that had consumed her so vigorously these past moons. It had not been the latest of sorrowful events that had decimated the senior warrior's spirit so, but it had certainly been the catalyst for her despair. For her daring to forget that she wasn't just a cat, but a proud warrior of WindClan. Her life was not her own's, but her clan's. And it seemed that through her remembering as much of late she had been awarded, gifted by StarClan themselves with her daughter once more. Except this time... there had been no downside. No foul play. No memories lost to the breeze. Only a gentle wind guiding her to where she was meant to be.

"Starry Meadows. As of keeping with Lightningstorm's orders, I have been avoiding any... exerting work for now, lest I undo the progress made under her care in getting me back to full strength. Of course, I have never been one to keep lazing about, not prior to this bout of illness, in any case! So after the... incident at the meadows, I decided to do a patrol there. A small walk. Some fresh air. And perhaps my keen eye for detail might help expose something the previous patrol missed. As usual, nothing to doubt of Leechscar and his patrol. Impeccable work done there... but, it seems StarClan had guided my paws there for a reason regardless. My darling bird! Back! After the fire, she finally caught scent of her clan! The inferno might have separated us for some time, but like the true WindClan warrior she has always been, she was guiding herself home!"

Dapplebreeze's round, blue eyes turned from Twilightstar to her daughter, unshed tears of joy brightening her eyes. She did not believe it was a coincidence that it had been the memory of her fallen son - of Bravebird's own littermate - that had guided her pawsteps there. That had given her the idea to make a round around Starry Meadow. If anything, it was conflicting... to think the very son she had cast out, banished from the family for daring to bring a common kittypet to the family and have kits with her had led her to find her sole remaining kit. She couldn't tell for certain, of course. If Whisperbreeze had been involved. But the motherly part of her, the part of her heart that wished she could take back what had transpired between them hoped as much. That somewhere in the stars, he was still helping keep the family from further breaking apart.

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old November 29th, 2023, 06:47 PM
VM me tomato

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Queenly

@Moonraven
“Um-Twilightstar,” Ryefur dropped the mangled carcass of a thrush. “ Does this smell like ThunderClan to you because I found it in our territory?”
Old November 29th, 2023, 09:44 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Queenly

Bravebird
She/her | 40 moons | Beefed Up T3
Great, glittering stars above was she relieved when Twilightstar didn't appear mad. The up and down of her misadventures throughout WindClan territory - dying, coming back, going missing, returning yet again - would be enough to make any leader irate. But the older lilac she-cat simply grinned and welcomed her back with open paws. Bravebird immediately stepped forward to return the nuzzle, unable to contain the joy that washed over her. She was finally, finally home, after six moons of being held captive - no other feeling could ever compare to finally returning to her rightful place as a warrior of the moors.

Ears twitched as she listened to her mother speak first, answering Twilightstar. Surprise registered only when Dapplebreeze voiced how she had been following Lightningstorm's orders - had the feisty apprentice she helped during the fire finally gotten her full name?!? - to return to full health. Worry that gripped her heart was soon dethroned by content as it seemed her mother was well on her way back to the healthy cat she was. It reminded Brave of the sickness that had taken her life in the first place, and she was glad that her mother had not befallen the same plague that had taken her the first time.

There was... quite a lot to process. The new name of the gravesite, something about a patrol? An incident?? Deciding to focus on one thing at a time the lilac lynx-point met her mother's gaze with a warm smile, tears of her own misting her eyes. Finally, Bravebird looked to Twilightstar. "After leaving the river with the patrol to scout for any missing Clanmates, I thought I'd heard a cry for help coming from one of the tunnel entrances. When I got there, though, I was ambushed." Blue flames flared to life in her gaze as she remembered Bait and Trap tricking her, along with two other rogues. "I managed to kill two of them, but was knocked unconscious by two others I didn't see and dragged into the tunnels. I was held hostage by this... this fox-dung tom, who had some sort of vendetta against the Clans." Bravebird gave a snort as she recalled Boss. Big, bulky, but with no more brains than a ball of dirt. "They kept me captive for the last six moons. I managed to escape, and spent the last day trying to find you guys - trying to find home."

Her voice faltered just briefly but Brave hid it under a slight cough. Her legs shook just barely but it was mainly at the rage she felt for having been taken from her home twice. Hopefully now, after battling her way back a second time, it would teach fate that nothing could tear her from WindClan. "This plateau. I found it - well, actually Fernpaw found it, while we were out training... I remember him, Twilightstar." Emotion overtook her voice and she had to stop speaking as more tears collected in her gaze. Twilightstar would remember the young apprentice, wouldn't she? He was a hard one to miss. A smile curved along her face as memories of the brown tabby tom came rushing back. "We had meant to tell you, because we thought it could be of use to WindClan, as a back-up camp o-or something, but then he went missing and I fell sick and..." And then she had died, whatever memories she'd had of this place wiped clean. Was it some sort of sign from StarClan that it was now WindClan's home? Who had found it?? "...Although, it could do without the tree. We aren't squirrels, after all." There was no disrespect meant for the leader, as Brave's whiskers twitched in accordance with the lighthearted humor that glittered in her gaze looking at Twilightstar.

Expression settling into a more serious one now, Bravebird glanced once again at her mother, then back at her leader. "I know I've been gone for some time, and was only here for a short while when I first returned. I hope by now fate has learned that nothing can tear me from my home. I'm WindClan, it's in my blood, and as long as I live my heart will continue to beat for my Clan. Whatever it is I need to do to prove myself to you, to the rest of my Clanmates, I'll do it." She wasn't under the impression that she would just be able to walk back in as if nothing happened. Despite the stacked circumstances Brave still berated herself for getting ambushed in the first place. Sure she had taken two of those fox-hearted rogues down before being trapped, but she should've killed the others. She should've escaped sooner. She was a WindClan warrior, for stars sake.

But self-pity would get her nowhere so instead Bravebird had promised to continue to sharpen her skills - which she had for the past six moons of being held captive. And if taking down that badger alone said anything... it was that she was well on her way to sharpening her battle skills tenfold. Now, all she wanted to do was utilize it for her Clan.

[ @Moonraven @Alchemist Kitsune ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 4th, 2023, 03:12 PM
Engaged to Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post

s o f t s o n g

Her tail lashed. It was bad enough to take herbs from WindClan territory without permission, but to do so with so little care in leaf-bare... What would they do if the plant failed to survive the damage? They had enough trouble with sickness as it was without RiverClan's theft.

Twilightstar sighed softly before shaking her head, unable to hide her aggravation with RiverClan's carelessness. "I've already spoken to Larkstar about this, but it seems that a mere verbal warning is not enough. Not only are they stealing but also damaging what little herbs we have for leaf-bare." She hissed the last bit to herself as her fur bristled.

"Thank you for the report, if you don't mind keeping a close eye on RiverClan's border. If we can catch who's doing it a more severe warning can be given. I'll have to send a patrol to issue a warning in the meantime, I'll add you too if you wish to accompany them."Twilightstar meowed dismissively. If words weren't getting through their heads claws would have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Inactive

Dapplebreeze's lips twitched, her demure smile allowing just a hint of superiority to shine through at her daughter's words. It was obvious Bravebird thought the same as her. How a tree was simply not fitting for the WindClan leader. It did not make her think any less of Twilightstar - moors and sky, the poor darling was subjected to having to sleep here, after all - but it did not make her approve of the location any more. The only reason she put up with it without a complaint was because... well... the inferno had provided so much loss. It would be foolish and ignorant to try and deny as much. The fact that Fallownose and his patrol had even found a new home for WindClan despite the terrible odds against them had been enough to keep the otherwise opinionated molly content. To know that her own kin shared her view, however, was most certainly wondrous, and she couldn't help the glimmer of pride at her dearest's preferences for the only clan that still held itself with the dignity presented by the code. The only cats who could still call themselves warriors by the standards they lived by.

Her look of unrestricted pride faltered, however, at the leader's words. Not because she thought they were uncalled for - stars alive, she would not abide by a leader who simply allowed anyone to return of their own fancy just because they had made it back - but because it brought back the same painful memory that had consumed her so vigorously these past moons. It had not been the latest of sorrowful events that had decimated the senior warrior's spirit so, but it had certainly been the catalyst for her despair. For her daring to forget that she wasn't just a cat, but a proud warrior of WindClan. Her life was not her own's, but her clan's. And it seemed that through her remembering as much of late she had been awarded, gifted by StarClan themselves with her daughter once more. Except this time... there had been no downside. No foul play. No memories lost to the breeze. Only a gentle wind guiding her to where she was meant to be.

"Starry Meadows. As of keeping with Lightningstorm's orders, I have been avoiding any... exerting work for now, lest I undo the progress made under her care in getting me back to full strength. Of course, I have never been one to keep lazing about, not prior to this bout of illness, in any case! So after the... incident at the meadows, I decided to do a patrol there. A small walk. Some fresh air. And perhaps my keen eye for detail might help expose something the previous patrol missed. As usual, nothing to doubt of Leechscar and his patrol. Impeccable work done there... but, it seems StarClan had guided my paws there for a reason regardless. My darling bird! Back! After the fire, she finally caught scent of her clan! The inferno might have separated us for some time, but like the true WindClan warrior she has always been, she was guiding herself home!"

Dapplebreeze's round, blue eyes turned from Twilightstar to her daughter, unshed tears of joy brightening her eyes. She did not believe it was a coincidence that it had been the memory of her fallen son - of Bravebird's own littermate - that had guided her pawsteps there. That had given her the idea to make a round around Starry Meadow. If anything, it was conflicting... to think the very son she had cast out, banished from the family for daring to bring a common kittypet to the family and have kits with her had led her to find her sole remaining kit. She couldn't tell for certain, of course. If Whisperbreeze had been involved. But the motherly part of her, the part of her heart that wished she could take back what had transpired between them hoped as much. That somewhere in the stars, he was still helping keep the family from further breaking apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Bravebird
She/her | 40 moons | Beefed Up T3
Great, glittering stars above was she relieved when Twilightstar didn't appear mad. The up and down of her misadventures throughout WindClan territory - dying, coming back, going missing, returning yet again - would be enough to make any leader irate. But the older lilac she-cat simply grinned and welcomed her back with open paws. Bravebird immediately stepped forward to return the nuzzle, unable to contain the joy that washed over her. She was finally, finally home, after six moons of being held captive - no other feeling could ever compare to finally returning to her rightful place as a warrior of the moors.

Ears twitched as she listened to her mother speak first, answering Twilightstar. Surprise registered only when Dapplebreeze voiced how she had been following Lightningstorm's orders - had the feisty apprentice she helped during the fire finally gotten her full name?!? - to return to full health. Worry that gripped her heart was soon dethroned by content as it seemed her mother was well on her way back to the healthy cat she was. It reminded Brave of the sickness that had taken her life in the first place, and she was glad that her mother had not befallen the same plague that had taken her the first time.

There was... quite a lot to process. The new name of the gravesite, something about a patrol? An incident?? Deciding to focus on one thing at a time the lilac lynx-point met her mother's gaze with a warm smile, tears of her own misting her eyes. Finally, Bravebird looked to Twilightstar. "After leaving the river with the patrol to scout for any missing Clanmates, I thought I'd heard a cry for help coming from one of the tunnel entrances. When I got there, though, I was ambushed." Blue flames flared to life in her gaze as she remembered Bait and Trap tricking her, along with two other rogues. "I managed to kill two of them, but was knocked unconscious by two others I didn't see and dragged into the tunnels. I was held hostage by this... this fox-dung tom, who had some sort of vendetta against the Clans." Bravebird gave a snort as she recalled Boss. Big, bulky, but with no more brains than a ball of dirt. "They kept me captive for the last six moons. I managed to escape, and spent the last day trying to find you guys - trying to find home."

Her voice faltered just briefly but Brave hid it under a slight cough. Her legs shook just barely but it was mainly at the rage she felt for having been taken from her home twice. Hopefully now, after battling her way back a second time, it would teach fate that nothing could tear her from WindClan. "This plateau. I found it - well, actually Fernpaw found it, while we were out training... I remember him, Twilightstar." Emotion overtook her voice and she had to stop speaking as more tears collected in her gaze. Twilightstar would remember the young apprentice, wouldn't she? He was a hard one to miss. A smile curved along her face as memories of the brown tabby tom came rushing back. "We had meant to tell you, because we thought it could be of use to WindClan, as a back-up camp o-or something, but then he went missing and I fell sick and..." And then she had died, whatever memories she'd had of this place wiped clean. Was it some sort of sign from StarClan that it was now WindClan's home? Who had found it?? "...Although, it could do without the tree. We aren't squirrels, after all." There was no disrespect meant for the leader, as Brave's whiskers twitched in accordance with the lighthearted humor that glittered in her gaze looking at Twilightstar.

Expression settling into a more serious one now, Bravebird glanced once again at her mother, then back at her leader. "I know I've been gone for some time, and was only here for a short while when I first returned. I hope by now fate has learned that nothing can tear me from my home. I'm WindClan, it's in my blood, and as long as I live my heart will continue to beat for my Clan. Whatever it is I need to do to prove myself to you, to the rest of my Clanmates, I'll do it." She wasn't under the impression that she would just be able to walk back in as if nothing happened. Despite the stacked circumstances Brave still berated herself for getting ambushed in the first place. Sure she had taken two of those fox-hearted rogues down before being trapped, but she should've killed the others. She should've escaped sooner. She was a WindClan warrior, for stars sake.

But self-pity would get her nowhere so instead Bravebird had promised to continue to sharpen her skills - which she had for the past six moons of being held captive. And if taking down that badger alone said anything... it was that she was well on her way to sharpening her battle skills tenfold. Now, all she wanted to do was utilize it for her Clan.

[ @Moonraven @Alchemist Kitsune ]

Twilightstar's green eye observed Dapplebreeze as the molly explained. Hearing her talk about her health reminded Twilightstar of her concerns about the molly. She was glad that Lightningstorm had been looking after her and that Dapplebreeze was on her way to recovery. The serene smile on the leader's face remained even at the mention of starclan guiding the senior's paws. Twilightstar's been having an especially rough go regarding the cats of the stars, but her personal feelings wouldn't get in the way of how her clanmates regarded them.

The molly shooed her troubled thoughts away about Starclan with the amusing thought of the fact that her son would make at the mere mention that anyone could consider his work as anything less than impeccable. Twilightstar swung her head to meet Bravebird's misty gaze as the she-cat dipped into her tale. The fur along the base of the leader's tail fluffed up as it was revealed what kept Bravebird from them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even think to send a patrol back to sniff around the old tunnelers or territory in search of missing cats." The WindClan leader apologized... well she wasn't sure what she was sorry about. She always felt exceedingly guilty and responsible for her clanmate's suffering or disappearance when she knew that if she had done something differently the outcome could have changed. Whether the fault was hers or not it always felt right to apologize.

"You've had quite the ordeal I'm proud that you've managed to get out of it and find your way home to us." Bravebird's bravery and determination reflected her mother's. Warmth filled the leader's heart at the knowledge that both mother and daughter were faring better and here. WindClan couldn't have asked for stronger warriors with their current predicaments plaguing the clan.

At the mention of Fernpaw and her locating the plateau before, Twilightstar faintly recalled a discussion between them about something or other, they brought her news of. But that was so long ago, her memory was having a hard to piecing all of it together. It all worked out in the end so Twilighttar didn't bother trying dragging up the memory.

"Fallownose, Snowybreeze, and Leechscar found the plateau when searching for a place to move WindClan. It does make a wonderful camp, although I do agree I could do without the tree. Still, it serves as a place of safety and rest for both me and our medicine cats, it just takes some time... getting used." This was true, although the tree simply reminded her of how much she missed WindClan's old camp. Even so, she knew that she should not take such a gift for granted. WindClan was safe, this place was easy to defend, and home.

"Fernpaw recently returned to WindClan, the reason he went missing was because he got lost while hunting a rabbit, and it took him a bit to find his way back home. He just was getting back into training, but unfortunately seems to have disappeared again." Twilighttar had been debating on keeping this to herself but didn't see how it would be to let Bravebird know seeing how much she cared for the former apprentice.

After Bravebird's speech about returning, Twilightstar beamed. "No need to prove anything to me, the fact that you returned to WindClan after so long and all you've gone through is more than enough proof of your loyalty. I'll be happy to have you back." Twilightstar couldn't speak for the clan though. "WindClan could use your determination and courage in these trying times."

If only she knew the complete messes both RiverClan and ThunderClan were led by. It felt like both clans were constantly causing mischief and harming WindClan for no reason other than they felt with it. Winter was here and Twilightstar's patience was thinning with each provocation. If the territories needed to turn red to remind the other clans that WindClan would only tolerate so much, Bravebird was just the molly WindClan could depend on to aid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Latte View Post
@Moonraven
“Um-Twilightstar,” Ryefur dropped the mangled carcass of a thrush. “ Does this smell like ThunderClan to you because I found it in our territory?”

As Ryefur entered, dropping a dead thrush at her paws, Twilightstar peered at the warrior curiously before he spoke. "You should have scented ThunderClan's border if you aren't familiar with their scent." She advised concerningly. Her warriors should be well aware of their enemy's scents.

Twilightstar ducked her head and breathed in the scent of the dead thrust. She scowled troubled when she found it difficult to dedicate anything. "I can't tell properly, it's too old. Where did you find it?" All she was picking up was the scent of death on the bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenzzGlow View Post
Beetlecrest muttered a quick "Thank you" and stepped inside. "Twilightstar, I'm expecting kits and planning on moving to the nursery," he meowed, "But I'll still be able to go on patrols." The white and grey tabby sighed, "I hope that's not too much of a bother."

@Moonraven

The leader swiftly lit up at the mention of Beetlecrest's pregnancy. "That's wonderful news, Beetlecrest." She trilled happily. "Of course, you can move to the nursery, so long as you're certain you can handle it you're free to go continue with patrols. Just try not to get into any fights or trouble, I'd hate to see anything happen to you or your kits. Feel free to pester Leopardsong if you need anything in the nursery."

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training