Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She, Her\Kit\6 moons/Riverclan
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING FOR NAUSEA AND VOMITING

Aw, her mouse was all gone. Marigoldkit frowned at the carcass at her paws, now feeling sorry for the prey. Sure, it was delicious, but seeing it all frail and motionless and... And dead... It was like an eerie mirror, like she could've easily been that mouse if she wasn't as fortunate. Who knows what could've gotten to her? A hawk? A buzzard? A vulture? A dog? Suddenly, Marigoldkit's swirling appetite was gone just as quickly as she finished up the last few swallows of mouse meat. She had no stomach for it, especially with the image that churned in her mind.

Ugh... What was that nagging feeling? Goodness, she could feel something rising out of her throat, all thick and yucky. She couldn't... She wasn't.... Was she?

She tried to focus on they grey cat in front of her, she really really did try, but the world was spinning again, her stomach was still churning. Was it the mention of Minkpaw that got her so---

"HAG-" Marigoldkit sputtered as chunks of digested (and undigested... Ew.) bits of mouse meat spilled from her maw like a waterfall. She hagged and sputtered and drowned in her own filth. Oh, this was embarrassing...

It only took a minute for all of it to get thrown up. Marigoldkit sat staring at what has just been her meal. Great, now she was bound to be hungry again.

"Sorry sorry," she managed, her whole body quivering. "Could you repeat that? I- I promise I was listening. And don't worry about me! I'm fine! I'm good, see?" Marigoldkit mustered a smile.

( i literally cannot figure out why there is two spoiler boxes just ignore it )

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 27moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, skinny, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

marigoldkits demeanour had shifted, somewhat, as she stared blind eyed at the remainder of her mouse and jayfrost was about to ask when she got to addressing the point first, not in words but the ugly retching sound that came with throwing up. his first reaction was to just leave her to it, personal interactions especially with sick cats wasnt his lane, but this was a kit and the nagging need to help and comfort overwhelmed the cold fear that came with actually approaching her.
"oh darling" he moved around the vomit, careful to avoid it with all bits of his body, tail held awkwardly high. "lets get you cleaned up yeah?" he nudged her forward, towards the den entrance, while scraping a bit of dust and bits of moss over the vomit. someone, hopefully not him, would have to clean that up later.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old May 17th, 2024, 10:31 AM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired
RiverClan Re: RiverClan Nursery

Springkit and Cowskip

The sun had set over the treetops when Cowskip returned to the camp. After what had happened with the meeting, with Fogmuzzle, she hadn't been able to sleep properly. She had tried to go to bed earlier, but once she found out that that wasn't working, she decided to test out a few late-night walks. Pictures of her dead siblings wouldn't leave her mind, and not her nightmares for that matter.

She returned to her nest to find Springkit already asleep, and a pang of guilt shot through her at the thought of having left her kit alone for the evening. Her son didn't know who it was that had been executed, she had never mentioned that Fog was related to them and Springkit had never known that cat like Cowskip had. Still, she could see the death he hadn't even witnessed was painful for him. She knew he had had a good heart, but also a fragile one, and she didn't want to mention that the cat that had been lost was not just a clanmate. He wasn't sure how he'd handle knowing that.

As the queen sunk down into the nest, the small body stirred. "Ma, you're back! I was trying to fall asleep, honest, but I can't." So he was having similar problems as she? Cowskip could only hope that it wasn't because of the same reason. "Can you tell me another story?" Another one eh? She chuckled a bit as she wrapped around her kit. She had told him a story about a mighty warrior named Riverlion who was a very strong warrior of Riverclan, and now he seemed to want to hear stories all the time. But Cowskip couldn't muster the energy to tell a story about another fighter, not with everything that had happened.

So what else did she have to talk about? Riverclan was filled with stories of strong warriors and wise leaders, but right now, another story like that... She would have to tell something more light-hearted. A tale she had heard while living outside the clan came to mind, one she hadn't told anyone, and her memory was a bit fuzzy on some of the details, but it was better than the rest at least.

Smiling, she dragged her tongue over Springkit's head a couple of times before tucking him in. "A story eh? Well I'll tell you a story, a story no one in this clan has heard before. That, Springkit, is because no one in this clan has heard this story before, ever! So listen close, maybe you can tell this to the other kits sometime."

"This happened a long, long time ago, long before your granddad's granddad's grandad was ever born, when the world was fresh and still much younger than it is today, two cats were born. One cat was made of pure starlight, with a bright paw that left stars as she walked across the skies. The other one was made of earth. Her bones were stone, leaves had sprouted to form her ears, and her fur was like grass. The cat of the earth was mesmerized by the starlight cat, and would raise mountains and hills towards the night skies to be closer to them. "

"But while she loved the starry skies, the cat of starlight was very far away and it was hard to make her notice someone made of earth and rock. The moon shone much more brightly and was a lot closer. But something about the earth's presence still grounded the stars. This made the moon furious, and as mountains grew higher towards the skies and stars shone brighter and brighter over the earth, the moon cat decided to sabotage the earth. The moon moved between the earth and the sun to block out the sun's light and hurt the earth.

This was the moon's attempt at making himself shine the brightest and gain back the attention of the stars but doing something like that is not how you win anyone's affection. The earth used its vast lakes and ponds to push the moon out of the way of the sun, and after what the moon had done, starlight was sure that she did not want to be with him and decided to be with the earth instead, choosing to lean closer, shine brighter, and take the cats who died to walk her skies for the rest of time, so that they would never be too far from their loves ones on earth - the same way she would never been faraway from her lover every again. "

Springkit's eyes had close and his breath was slow, so Cowskip wasn't quite sure how much of the last part he had caught. She had changed it a little, edited some details that she couldn't properly remember and added the hint to Starclan. It wasn't her favourite story, but Riverclan had so few happy, lovestories.

Hawkcatcher's finder

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

Purrks: Hawkcatcher has Mind Reader, Wyvern has Dreamwalker
Old May 17th, 2024, 11:23 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 8 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's eyes softened and she felt sorrow in her heart — not even just for the poor warrior who'd been mutilated, but this innocent kit who had clearly seen much more than she should've. She herself was on the verge of wailing — had she not felt the mature urge to care for this kit over herself.

"Juni...?"
Berrypaw asked gently. That's all the kit had gotten out. "...It'll be okay, Juni. It's safe in the nursery — let's get you there, okay?"

As she led the kit inside, Berrypaw's chest felt tight with anxiety. Was this the direction the Clan was heading? She glanced back, trying to find Mistyshard and Stagheart's face among the crowd of horrified cats — but all of them were a blur as tears wetted her eyes. Shuddering, Berrypaw turned away from the metallic-scented air and prayed for something good to come out of this.

/ @poppy - juni is so cute omg. if you want her to continue to interact with berrypaw u can mention me in the nursery <3

Being the useless lump she currently was, Juniperkit was happy to allow herself to be led away, her eyes frozen on the mutilated warrior until the scene was blocked by dark den walls as they entered the nursery. The familyless child was quick, with almost robotic-like movements, to guide Berry instinctively to her small nest off to the side. There were plenty of kits with no family, but Juni felt like the loneliest girl in the world sometimes, trapped in a world of silence, and she wasn't sure how to make friends so she just... didn't. It was that simple.

"Mine." She peeped out, tentatively poking at her nest, looking up at Berry. Feeling the need to show off her belongings, trying to distract herself (honestly? trying to distract both of them) with her presentation of the few things she had in her possession. Lifting up a bright red feather that appeared to be from a cardinal, it was very clearly worn and well.... loved. Loved would be a good word to use. (meaning it look like it had been sat on and played with a lot).

Her other trinket was tucked away, a small Twoleg thing. Berry might not know what it was, but Juniperkit picked it up anyways. It was a tattered purple ribbon, which the kit cradled in her paws. "Mmmmommy's." She struggled to get the word out, unsure if she pronounced it right but unable to tell if she did. It had been something her Daddy had given her, from her Mum.

(BERRY my beloved she's so precious ahh)

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old May 17th, 2024, 11:53 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post

Being the useless lump she currently was, Juniperkit was happy to allow herself to be led away, her eyes frozen on the mutilated warrior until the scene was blocked by dark den walls as they entered the nursery. The familyless child was quick, with almost robotic-like movements, to guide Berry instinctively to her small nest off to the side. There were plenty of kits with no family, but Juni felt like the loneliest girl in the world sometimes, trapped in a world of silence, and she wasn't sure how to make friends so she just... didn't. It was that simple.

"Mine." She peeped out, tentatively poking at her nest, looking up at Berry. Feeling the need to show off her belongings, trying to distract herself (honestly? trying to distract both of them) with her presentation of the few things she had in her possession. Lifting up a bright red feather that appeared to be from a cardinal, it was very clearly worn and well.... loved. Loved would be a good word to use. (meaning it look like it had been sat on and played with a lot).

Her other trinket was tucked away, a small Twoleg thing. Berry might not know what it was, but Juniperkit picked it up anyways. It was a tattered purple ribbon, which the kit cradled in her paws. "Mmmmommy's." She struggled to get the word out, unsure if she pronounced it right but unable to tell if she did. It had been something her Daddy had given her, from her Mum.

(BERRY my beloved she's so precious ahh)

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw saw that the kit wanted her to follow — and she was more than happy to get out of that clearing, away from where everything smelled and tasted of blood, death, fear...

The warm, milky-scented nursery was almost too stark of a contrast, but a welcome one. As she ducked inside, Berrypaw thought of those few moons ago when she'd been in here herself, anxiously awaiting her apprenticeship. How had so much happen in only a few moons? She already felt much older, as if several moons had passed every week.

As she followed the young kit, she couldn't help but notice that... she was alone. Her small nest was all by itself, tucked away from the others. Berrypaw's heart wrenched in her chest — that was exactly how she'd been. Alone, looked at oddly from her non-Clanborn roots and lack of any family (save for her adoptive father Stagheart, who'd done his best despite knowing nothing about fatherhood), struggling to speak more than a few words each day through her tightened throat.

I understand... she wanted to tell the kit that. But nothing escaped her lips — she only could watch and nod as Juni began sifting through her meager pile of things. Berrypaw offered a somber smile as she was shown the cardinal feather, raggedy now from moons of affection, as well as... something bright purple? A very odd, practically unnatural color to it, with a very faint smell of Twoleg still clinging to it. The color was deeper than lilacs... more like those purple wildflowers Berrypaw had seen when looking for dandelions. She always though those two colors together were so pretty; golden yellows and deep violets.

Mommy's... Berrypaw inhaled sharply. This kit didn't have a mother, nor a father, did she...? No one had come to her aid when she was in the clearing, and no nest was besides hers in the nursery. She really was just like how Berrypaw had been. Perhaps this Juni had once felt the warm embrace of her parents, haunted by the lost feelings, or was too young and had forgotten it by now. At least she still had something from them... Berry didn't even have a scent of them that had lingered around the bush she was dropped off in. Not a trace.

Part of Berrypaw wanted to bitter — for both of them, though she didn't know Juni's story. Just the lot they were given. But it was overwhelmed by her aching heart — something that poured out for this kit she could see herself in, just a mere few moons ago. The medicine cat apprentice made sure to smile through her watery eyes, looking at Juni with a newfound appreciation.

"...These are lovely. Thank you for showing me,"
she meowed earnestly, wondering if the kit could fully understand her. She wasn't too sure, but hoped that the heart of the words would come through anyway. It was clear that Juni was trying to focus on something other than the horrific scene in the clearing, and Berrypaw herself was more than glad for the welcome distraction.

She padded a bit closer to the kit, letting her flank lightly brush Juni's as she settled down. She didn't want to leave — not yet. There was no happy place to return to out there, and this kit seemed to need her — somebody, really — a whole lot more right now.

Berrypaw wouldn't lie, though; she needed it too. A small, sentimental comfort to her shaken soul.

[ writing this made me so sappy asfhsdhfs also realized that berry still only knows juniperkit's name as 'juni' and she doesn't mind at all LOL ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; May 17th, 2024 at 11:55 AM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 12:22 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Sick

Twigstep-95 Moons-Elder

Twigstep padded into the nursery looking around he was hoping to help out with some of the kits ever since they stopped wandering into the elders den he got lonely so he wanted to talk to someone even if was just a kit he sat and waited for a sneak attack since that’s what usually happens when you go into the nursery
@Moondapple
Old May 17th, 2024, 12:27 PM

Bump Policy: 1 week (3 days if urgent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
Twigstep-95 Moons-Elder

Twigstep padded into the nursery looking around he was hoping to help out with some of the kits ever since they stopped wandering into the elders den he got lonely so he wanted to talk to someone even if was just a kit he sat and waited for a sneak attack since that’s what usually happens when you go into the nursery
@Moondapple
Whisperkit opened her eyes and let out a sleepy yawn. SHe was in her fluffy nest that was in the corner of the nursery. It might be a bit lonely but a least she had her own little space. She got up from her nest and stretched her tail shaking from the effort. She looked around the nursery and saw one of the elders. She padded up to him looking a bit shy. SHe was never good with adult cats, not since what happened with her mother. "H-hello..." She mewed looking a bit hesitant. She padded up a bit closer but not in the range for the cat to touch her. She needed to know if she could trust this cat.
Old May 17th, 2024, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondapple View Post
Whisperkit opened her eyes and let out a sleepy yawn. SHe was in her fluffy nest that was in the corner of the nursery. It might be a bit lonely but a least she had her own little space. She got up from her nest and stretched her tail shaking from the effort. She looked around the nursery and saw one of the elders. She padded up to him looking a bit shy. SHe was never good with adult cats, not since what happened with her mother. "H-hello..." She mewed looking a bit hesitant. She padded up a bit closer but not in the range for the cat to touch her. She needed to know if she could trust this cat.

Twigstep looked down at the kit in front of him warmly.”Why hello little one what’s your name?..”I’m Twigstep” he noticed the kit was keeping a distance so he tired to appear smaller to help show the kit he wasn’t a threat
Old May 17th, 2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Twigstep looked down at the kit in front of him warmly.”Why hello little one what’s your name?..”I’m Twigstep” he noticed the kit was keeping a distance so he tired to appear smaller to help show the kit he wasn’t a threat
"My name is Whisperkit" She said and let out a breath she did not know she had been holding. This cat seems like they don't want to hurt me.....She thought and finally came the rest of the way up to the elder. She looked up to him with round eyes. She was still a little hesitant to trust what was his name..... Twigstep? She fluffed out her fur a bit, not that she was scared, but to feel a bit more comforted.

Last edited by Moondapple; May 17th, 2024 at 12:41 PM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondapple View Post
"My name is Whisperkit" She said and let out a breath she did not know she had been holding. This cat seems like they don't want to hurt me.....She thought and finally came the rest of the way up to the elder. She looked up to him with round eyes. She was still a little hesitant to trust what was his name..... Twigstep? She fluffed out her fur a bit, not that she was scared, but to feel a bit more comforted.

“Whisperkit huh that’s a neat name..say would you like to hear a story?” The older Tom asked while sitting down into a loaf
Old May 18th, 2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
“Whisperkit huh that’s a neat name..say would you like to hear a story?” The older Tom asked while sitting down into a loaf
She relaxed completely seeing the calm elder. "Sure. You can come lie in my nest. It's very comfortable. She mewed and led the elder to her nest in the corner of the nursery.