My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordle View Post

Basilthroat
They/He~Windclan~24 Moons
"I don't need the world to see
That I've been the best I can be"

They nodded to the she-cat "We need to be keeping a closer eye on everything, I have a feeling this is gonna happen again if we don't" Basilthroat told Swiftfire. "I know of cats who would definitely take this chance" he said worriedly.
@Tiabirb
[OPEN]

-Swiftfire-

"It could very well happen again." She replied quietly to Basilthroat, "But let's not get too eager to point paws." Swiftfire warned, "Now is a time for vigilance. If we want to protect our Clanmates, then we need to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, even Cowtuft. Yes, he has some responsibility...but even he should be given that benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise..."

@Wordle
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:26 PM
#Salva

Bump Policy: whenever
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
-Swiftfire-

"It could very well happen again." She replied quietly to Basilthroat, "But let's not get too eager to point paws." Swiftfire warned, "Now is a time for vigilance. If we want to protect our Clanmates, then we need to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, even Cowtuft. Yes, he has some responsibility...but even he should be given that benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise..."

@Wordle

Basilthroat

He nodded in agreement. "Till then we must be careful" they said softly. They sat next to Swiftfire. "I feel like this might tear the clan apart" Basil sighed looking down at his paws. "We don't need anyone taking sides, we must avoid that".
@Tiabirb

★☆"There is no show without an Audience!"☆★
Gentlecrab is Beachclan's Medicine cat, pearl has a semi-open den policy
Please use tone tags when speaking to me
Character website
Commisions

Last edited by Kieran.; December 30th, 2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:27 PM
just feel the rock

Bump Policy: 4 Days
My Mood: Paranoid

An offwhite she-cat, with brown, black, dark gray speckles, and blue/green heterochromia.

VC: a light Hungarian + British accent; a purr after every "r."
"Deathberrrries?!"

Why were there deathberries in the medicine cat den?! Who in their right mind would think deathberries would be great to store in the medicine cat den with no supervision?
But Cowtuft said himself that they were there solely for the purpose of letting cats escape their pain.
Can we even believe that anymore?
How could she trust the same medicine cat who left deathberries in the den--the same den where sick cats resided? How could she trust the same medicine cat who caused the death of a cat in front of kits and apprentices? How could she trust the same with her own family? What if...

What if that was Asterblink instead of Leafspot?
Stop.
Why did so many cats make Maplekit believe ThunderClan was the reason of all this?

She felt claws slowly gliding around her throat.

She thought WindClan was her home.
Maplekit, stop it.
She thought that the prey she ate willy nilly was safe.
Stop it!
Maplekit slowly crouched low to the ground, covering her face. She didn't want anyone to see the tears that she couldn't control.

Control yourself!

She thought she could trust her clanmates.

What would Asterblink think?

She thought she could especially, even through the toughest times, trust StarClan.
Not anymore.
No cat would be able to manipulate Maplekit.
Not Cowtuft,
not ThunderClan,
not WindClan,
and not StarClan.
She was done,

with everybody.

[open]

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; December 30th, 2023 at 07:28 PM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:36 PM
Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Dewsong and Badgersnap looked in horor
Purrks: Lyebird's Lullaby On Silverpaw [ACTIVE]
GarlicFrog Is GarlicClans Oldest Cat. She Bites.

TheRadioDemon Is Holding Rotthroat Back While Patting Bearskull. blxze Is Patting Silverpaw. *Lunastar* Is Patting Them All
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:38 PM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

Beastpaw shrunk away from the crowd, panic bubbling up in her belly. The tiny apprentice felt stifled, and a scream bubbled in her throat, threatening to let loose. Paws buffed her small frame as the crowd of cats increased, and Beastpaw grew increasingly frantic, trying to get loose. She stumbled out of the impromptu gathering, slamming into someone and scrabbling to get into the den behind the cat, wanting to just get in and away from this mess... The dead body. Someone who was alive all of a few minutes ago had fallen dead. Why? What would become of her family? Was Birdybee okay? And Tigersmist? She scrambled to get past the cat, whom she was too panicked to recognise. She was so tiny, so very tiny and young for an apprentice... "Lets mees in peeze!" she practically screamed, her eyes bright and frenzied. Just ...Let... Me through... Please.
@Dark

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!

Last edited by Watermeloon; December 30th, 2023 at 07:39 PM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:42 PM
Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

I belive Crowtuft Is INNOCENT! Badgersnap snarled, Whilst Dewsong ushered her mother to quiet her dissagreement, though she thought this aswell.
Purrks: Lyebird's Lullaby On Silverpaw [ACTIVE]
GarlicFrog Is GarlicClans Oldest Cat. She Bites.

TheRadioDemon Is Holding Rotthroat Back While Patting Bearskull. blxze Is Patting Silverpaw. *Lunastar* Is Patting Them All
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:43 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Darling~ View Post

This contains death. feel free to reply with you characters emotions and mention me!

Leafspot
Male He/Him
brown tabby with emerald eyes

Leafspot was walking out of the med den with his herbs, he was so glad Cowtuft could help considering this pain was horrid. he found a perfect spot to sit as he ate his Herbs. terrible, but worth the relief. he started to think of all the things he could do when he feels better, he was excited to get back to patrols and hunting. he was normally always active. his vision strangely blurred- and as he ate, something was noticeably wrong- in front of the whole clearing he froze; a drop of blood came out of his mouth. He collapsed with a cough of blood his body fell to the ground. he lied there; Dead. so many thoughts circling thought his head as his liveliness of his struggling eyes slowly drifted away. he was gone, everyone could clearly see it. There was nothing left.

@GhostlyStarfinder @Dust @redshiftreign @Estelle @Marycat006 @Starii @KittyKombat7860 @skeleton @elaif @Kass @Naila @Ravenswings @The_Pirate_Queen @Snowstorm spider @CrimsonOaks @Theodore_510 @Cami @Echogaze_TheMedicineCat @Bluestar3235 @Any1999 @KitKat10 @peach @rising_heart @Aerialdawn @Frosted pelt @SuddenlyLee @SuddenlyLee

Wasp-claw

she looked over as she saw the cat collapse her fur bristled as she jumped up looking around frantically
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:57 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

This was a disaster.

Wolffang had been on the fringe of recent Clan events, swallowing his horror as each poisoned cat was revealed. WindClan had enough problems from the outside; the inside was bad enough. His fur prickled as he thought of another who might fall to the unknown illness. Leopardsong was safe, thank StarClan, as was Bravebird. But it seemed there had been another victim.

He'd just emerged from the warriors' den, shaking scraps of moss off his thick coat. Little green showers scattered around his huge gray paws. Then he'd seen it: Twilightstar standing over the warrior Leafspot, who lay as limp as the sodden leaf she'd been named after. Every hair on his pelt stood on end. It can't be another death. But it was. A fresh wave of grief, fury, and horror swept through Wolffang like a leaf-bare gale, and his single ear flattened against his skull. Who had done this? Was it the illness?

Wolffang just wished he could do something to help.

A shrill screech pierced his hearing receptors, forcing his gaze away from the unmoving brown tabby. Twilightstar was calling a meeting, the weight of a frown twisting her face. We've been through so much, he thought, taking in every scar on the leader's slender frame. WindClan would survive this. It didn't make the deaths any less painful or shocking, though.

At least there was some good news: Lightningstorm had figured out why the cats were dying. Despite his grief and horror, Wolffang found his fur lying flat - only to stand bolt upright again, every muscle tensing so it appeared to bulge dramatically. Coating the herbs in deathberries? This was more than just an illness, then. Either someone had placed the berries there carelessly, or...

There was a traitor among them.

A low growl rumbled in Wolffang's throat as his face twisted into a snarl. He hardly registered the other thing Twilightstar had said - "ThunderClan suspected by StarClan's word." He wasn't quite sure what that meant, but he could tell that StarClan had warned them about this. Was ThunderClan also involved? Could a ThunderClan camp be sneaking into WindClan's? Wolffang frowned. But how? That was impossible. No, someone from WindClan was doing this.

How could someone hurt their own Clanmates like this? he wondered. Fury rushed through him like a shot of boiling water. Warriors were meant to protect their Clan, not do things like... like this.

Twilightstar insisted they shouldn't suspect Cowtuft of purposefully using the deathberries - but he should be punished for negligence. It did seem odd that he hadn't noticed the poison beforepaw. Wolffang's brow furrowed in a frown. Cowtuft hadn't done anything wrong as far as he knew. It wasn't easy to communicate with the massive tom, as Wolffang still struggled to understand paw symbols, but Wolffang still trusted him. And Cowtuft was so gentle-hearted, too. No, he wasn't the one who'd poisoned his Clanmates. But he'd somehow missed the deathberries poisoning the rest of the herb store. It would be hard to get around such incompetence.

Meows rose up from all around, some declaring Cowtuft's innocence, others trying to shift blame onto Lightningstorm. Wolffang didn't know a lot about the calico she-cat other than she seemed to have a bright, eager spirit. She seemed to have a good heart. But that was hard for him to judge. Wolffang shook his head to clear it. No, that doesn't make sense. Lightningstorm couldn't be at the bottom of this.

Even though Twilightstar wished for news about Cowtuft, Wolffang squared his shoulders, straightened himself, and called in a booming voice, "For those accusing Lightningstorm, if she were the one using the deathberries, why would she 'discover' them? Nobody knew why our Clanmates were falling ill and dying. If she wished to be efficient with her killing, it wouldn't make any sense for her to reveal them to the rest of the Clan. What would she gain?" Lightningstorm was out of the picture. As for Cowtuft, Wolffang had no doubt the white-and-black medicine cat hadn't purposefully poisoned his Clanmates, but there was something to be said about his negligence. He's supposed to heal us, for StarClan's sake. How could he possibly overlook something so deadly?

The dappled gray warrior opened his jaws to deliver his opinion on Cowtuft, as the rest of the crowd had devolved into defenses and accusations, but he couldn't find a space for his voice. He closed his mouth with a flash of frustration. This was serious. WindClan needed to get their act together so they could negotiate a punishment for Cowtuft - and find this traitor.

Snowybreeze's soft voice tickled his ear fur. Turning, he found the young warrior - Deadmoon's former apprentice - speaking up, his voice tentative and gentle. Pain danced in his bright blue eyes, and grief tainted his voice like a trickle of enemy scent across the border. Pity stung Wolffang's heart with the sharpness of a thorn. He'd loved Berryfrost, but she'd died. If Leopardsong perished... Wolffang shut his eyes to block out the terrible image. Nausea roiled in his stomach. No, he couldn't even think of it. What must Snowybreeze be going through?

On impulse, Wolffang moved toward the larger yet younger tom and attempted to lay his tipless tail across his fluffy white back. He knew nothing would truly take away the pain of a loved one's loss, but quiet support was the best he could offer. And outward support, too. A solution.

Cowtuft was now making a bunch of frantic gestures that meant nothing to Wolffang, and Lightningstorm was citing her shock and hurt at Cowtuft hiding this from her... This was a mess all around.

Finally finding a break in the voices, Wolffang lifted himself high once more and raised his voice so it echoed through the camp.

"Snowybreeze is right. Berryfrost and the rest of our dead wouldn't want this. We shouldn't be flinging around accusations and pointless arguments. Neither Lightningstorm nor Cowtuft would poison their Clanmates so callously. Both have served their Clan well and with loyalty. We should be working to find the traitor among us: Whoever did this, for I feel this was an intentional move made by someone willing to hurt those they grew up alongside. A traitor, for no one from outside our Clan would be able to target our herb stores." He paused, letting this sink in, before continuing. "Nonetheless, Cowtuft should be punished for his negligence. I say he should be demoted temporarily and his skills re-evaluated by another medicine cat - Lightningstorm, maybe someone from the other Clans if necessary, though I'd prefer someone from here. Maybe Lightningstorm could commune with StarClan to see if it is their will for him to serve us. After all, how could a seasoned medicine cat miss the sight and scent of deathberries on the herbs?"

Wolffang remained standing by Snowybreeze's side, hoping his voice was heard amid the sea of shock, grief, anger, and horror. This wasn't the first horrible thing he'd lived through, and it certainly wouldn't be his last. I can't do anything to end our suffering. This is the life of a warrior. The best I can do is work with it and, above all, try to serve my Clan. This was why he'd been brought back by StarClan. He wasn't going to waste another breath or another heartbeat. Not like before.

@Alchemist Kitsune @wolfie @Moonraven

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old December 30th, 2023, 08:02 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordle View Post

Basilthroat

He nodded in agreement. "Till then we must be careful" they said softly. They sat next to Swiftfire. "I feel like this might tear the clan apart" Basil sighed looking down at his paws. "We don't need anyone taking sides, we must avoid that".
@Tiabirb

-Swiftfire-

She had remained crouched until Basilthroat sat next to her. Why? She only said a few things to him, right? She ducked her head to give her chest fur a few ruffled licks, trying not to show how surprised she was by it. She shuffled her paws awkwardly at the unexpected company, trying to think of a response that wasn't hissed, spat or snarled in his direction.

"Well, thankfully fur hasn't started flying yet," She mewed after a moment in an attempt at humor, if not but to try and lighten the mood.
Old December 30th, 2023, 08:09 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Garfield
he/him | 168 moons

Typically, the old geezer minded his own business (no he didn't) and ignored most drama (he definitely didn't) but this was just too good to not notice. Watching with widening copper eyes, the ancient cat observed Leafspot collapsing dead in the clearing, narrowed eyes fixing on the cats around him and square-shaped frame rising from it's hunched, loafing position to push his way to the front. He was old, seniority rules stated that he had a front-row seat to all the juicy drama, especially since he was almost to the point of decomposing, he had to take advantage of any entertainment (not matter how depressing- death was no longer depressing) that he could.

Staring down at the body before watching the gathering cats silently- ugh so many emotional weaklings, Gar wasn't close to the medicine cat enough to feel betrayed by the alleged massacre, more like... annoyed that this was even a problem. But first, some kid rambling off ideas. A tracker of cats who come in and out of the den? Fool. Fool. Fool. The lot of them.

"If Cowtuft wanted to murder someone-" Doubtful, the kid didn't seem to have the stomach or mental strength to do so. "-He wouldn't poison them. He's not an idiot- his seasons of work for this Clan have made that clear- he would choose another method that doesn't trace directly back to him." A creaky voice choked from the withering tomcat, and he let out an unapologetic grumbled string of obscenities as he eased his sore body into a sitting position.

But did the elderly tomcat care about who died and who lived? It didn't matter... much. Garfield wasn't a sociopath, he wasn't senile, he wasn't an unfeeling creature. He felt for the cats who died, but as someone who lived a long life, death wasn't something to be feared, in his books. Life was just the first part of the book, death was the real story. Frowning deeply, he searched the crowd for any of his numerous family members, but finding none (he was sure SOME of them had to be here, but he was pretty much blind and deaf and infinitely exhausted, so he would probably miss a badger standing right in front of him), the elder slumped to a half loaf, half flopped position, chest rattling with a hoarse cough as he observed silently.

Listened to all the children's opinions, many opinions that were incredibly unintelligent and obnoxious but not enough that it would force him to intervene. That wasn't his job anymore. His job was to... what, leech off the Clan, right? He was a proud freeloading slacker after decades of work for this Clan. And he wasn't gonna come out of retirement for anything. Unless someone moved to execute the clearly innocent medic, he wouldn't stand for that. He had to stand for something, and his boundaries were firm.

[ @/open ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; December 30th, 2023 at 08:11 PM.