Old May 9th, 2023, 10:57 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Cormorantkit •
long-furred, smoky-black mackerel tabby with bits of white along front paws, muzzle, large white spot on chest; gleaming yellow eyes

Nothing.

That was all that the young newborn could see, no noises filling her little ears. The little kit being only blind and deaf. Having just recently been born, the young molly had already began showing signs of life. Loud, pitiful mewls escaping the young, unnamed kit, her little body began dragging itself to its mother. Her little front paws showed tints of white, her almost pitch black mackerel-striped tail fully erected just to show a small, delicately white tip along the end. Barely visible dark stripes were drawn along her back, almost making her merely resemble Goosecurl.

She followed her sensitive nose towards the scent of milk. Slowly, yet gradually, dragging herself to her direct location. Milk and warmth guided her as she brought herself close enough to finally nurse and eat. The young kit kneaded into her mother’s cream fur as her small, folded ears twitched in rhythm. Safety. Warmth. Comfort. That was all the young kit needed. After she had her fill, the little kit snuggled herself into Goosecurl’s thick fur, giving off a yawn to show off her bright pink gums, before descending into a well-needed slumber.

@wren. @Sol @Poprock @puppeteer @Flaming Ice @TawnyNeedsACoffee @sol. [THEY ARE HERE! FINALLY HERE! Also, sorry for the short post. Had no idea what to say!]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol. View Post
LILYCREEK

What was the proper reaction when your mate/life partner/kind of only friend called for you in the most painful, desperate voice they could muster during kitting? Lilycreek didn't know the answer to that. Spottedspirit had called for her after the kids were born, and Koipool and her never had kits together. This was a first, for both of them.

And hell, was she scared.

She slept lightly, since she knew Goose's due date was soon, and didn't want to risk betting on the kits waiting until morning to pop out. And she was glad, when she heard Goose call for her. Green eyes shot open, and she immediately rushed to the queen's side, gently nosing their flank. A definite contraction rippled through their side, and she nearly cursed.

"Breathe." She instructed, which sounded ridiculous, but she could see Goose panicking. "You're okay. Push and breathe, push and breathe."

Breathe.

---

Five. There were five of them. Lilycreek fussed, gently nosing them, checking them. Nothing out of the ordinary, though whether or not they had Goose's sickness, she couldn't tell. She saw Goosecurl reach a paw out, calling for her, and Lilycreek grasped it gently, planting a lick on their head. "They're okay. No obvious deformities. All healthy." Whether or not they were sick, they'd know in due time. But she forced herself to remain calm, leaving Goose's side for a moment to get a ball of moss. She stalked outside in the early morning light to dunk the thing in water, submerging it and watching the bubbles stream out of it. On a second thought, and went to nab a fish from the prey pile..

She backed into the nursery quietly, mossball and fish oth awkwardly in her mouth. She pushed the two towards the queen, offering them to them. One of the kits had clearly woken up and nursed, but was now back silently asleep. She gave them a warm smile. "What'll you name them?"

[ @wren @ares @puppeteer @Poprock @Flaming Ice @TawnyNeedsACoffee ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppeteer View Post
ducklingkit

| RC kit , newborn , they/she , @sol. @Poprock @wren @ares @Flaming Ice @TawnyNeedsACoffee |
There was a kind warmth, one that the small brown kit found comforting. Her darker brown rosettes dotted her pelt, leaving her belly and little toebeans to almost a cream white. There was a sudden burst of coldness, and Ducklingkit found themselves squealing to go back, almost crying true tears due to the cold. Shivers wracked their small body, and they did their utter best to scoot closer and closer to their parent. A nose, wet and cold, pushed her closer and she let out another squeal. But, soon enough, the cats transgressions against her would be forgotten as they found milk; thats all they needed. The small kit nursed until full and them promptly fell asleep, snoring and kicking only sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Ice View Post
- Swankit -
~He/Him~
Small and silky furred white and gray tabby tom, with odd eyes: right eye blue, left eye pale yellow

A short squeak, and the newborn felt himself slump to the ground.

Things were already showing signs of being wrong; the first thing the white and gray kit did once he met the ground was spout out a quiet cough. Just one, and yet, it stung the small tom’s chest. The fur of his siblings bristled next to his own, as the silky bundle opened his mouth to allow fresh air into his lungs. He breathed. He had already accomplished his first achievement: survive birth. His mother’s paw rested over him, and he twitched at the feeling of it.

It really was true that death could creep and suffocate you any moment in time.

But the kit was too young to fret over these things. Too young to do little as *think.* So at the time, the best thing he could do was… simply lay. Lay and breath. Lay and *live.* His chest heaved with several deep breaths, each slightly wavering due to the sudden blades of cold air finally meeting his skin. It was probably for the best that he had no idea that he had actually inherited an illness. Growing older, there would be no doubt he’d begin to hate it. His chest gave one more big heave before toning down, rising and falling just slightly. From a few fox-lengths away, you probably would have freaked out and thought he was dead. But no, he was very much alive. From up close, you could certainly tell the new RiverClan tom was breathing. Just quietly.

A nose nudged him, and he winced away a bit. The darkness corrupting his vision would have been very obnoxious if it weren’t for the fact that his brain was still unable to fully function. It surged, preventing him from spotting his surroundings. So when Lilycreek’s nose met his body, the tiny kit’s ears flattened against the top of his head. He pressed himself against his siblings, before shifting his tail over his face for warmth.

What a strange new world, Earth must’ve seemed to him at the time. Darkness, the smell of… himself + a bit of WindClan, the taste of his own fur on his tongue. But, again, for now, he just lay. Lay in a little fur bundle, like a dead mouse. Except for the whole eating part.

Pathetic as imaginable. And fortunately, he and his family would be able to find out if that would ever change one day.

~ @Poprock (Cranekit) ~
~ @ares (Cormorantkit)~
~ @puppeteer (Ducklingkit) ~
~ @wren (Goosecurl) ~
~ @TawnyNeedsACoffee (Ospreykit) ~
~ @sol. (Lilycreek) ~

//So sorry if this is short/messy! Most of my posts contain like three to five paragraphs of thought… but you know. With someone literally less than thirty seconds old, can’t do much with that.\\
Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNeedsACoffee View Post
OspreyKit
[She/Her]
[White and Grey Point Tabby lynx mix with bright blue eyes]
____

They say there is a certain type of luck in the lottery of life. To be born is a gift from the heavens above and to die is the reward of a reaper that resides in the infinite void. Returning to the hands we were once lost from. No matter who or what you were, there was always a celebration to be had at the appearance of newly found life and a particular comfort in the final days of deathly embrace. To live or to die, there’s always accidents but there are never mistakes, as all things are destined to be by the string of fate and the visions of destiny. In such a vast world, all things must come to an end. Although, for this story, it was just the beginning.

“..mew…”

As cool air hit the the small bundle of fur, it let out a tiny cry in recognition of its new found sense of cognition. The tiny kitten wiggled slightly in protest as she was nudged by an unfamiliar object, only used to the kicking of her siblings and not this. This felt new to the kit, cold barren air, foreign noises and smells. Overwhelming. That’s all the tiny kit could feel, desperate for something familiar, she cried out as she weakly tried to find the familiar smells of her mother, her parent, they always brought the tiny kitten comfort, they were all she knew. Finally feeling something push her towards something warm and fluffy, she nuzzled in and started to suckle. Not realising how hungry she had been. Small, tiny, fragile. Her vision dark and devoid of anything in her sight. A bundle of joy had been brought into the world, the small kit had yet to know the great wonders of it all. But one day she shall see, she will be able to meet the ones that currently have her wrapped up in their paws of safety.

______

(Ahhh sorry for dusty writing I hope it was okay, I didn’t know what to write)

° @Poprock - Cranekit
° @ares - Cormorantkit
° @puppeteer - Ducklingkit
° @wren - Goosecurl
° @Flaming Ice - Swankit
° @sol. - Lilycreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poprock View Post
@wren @ares @puppeteer @Flaming Ice @TawnyNeedsACoffee @sol. (Apologies for such a late and short post! I promise better cranekit posts in the future lol)
---

The little tom wasn't sure what was happening. The world had suddenly changed around him in an instant, new textures pressing against his skin, new smells greeting his nose, and the brand new taste of milk meeting his taste buds. It was all... a lot. Especially when he hadn't seen or heard all that life had to offer yet, he was much much too young for that.

Cranekit wasn't quite sure what to do with all these new sensations. In fact, the idea of doing anything was overwhelming. He and his siblings were so used to simply existing within their mother that this whole life thing? Wasn't so appealing. So the little kit did all he could think of.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" He cried in his high pitch baby voice. He cried for his mom to hold him and cuddle him. He cried for food. He cried for his siblings to go away. He cried because some part of him felt not so good. He cried because that's all he knew how to do.

Goosecurl | She/Her
Short smoked tabby with a cream underbelly and pale yellow eyes

Goosecurl had her body curled protectively over her five perfect babies. Five… perfect.. Perfect. She had been too tired to think about it, think about her dream, her deepest fear.. and really who could blame her? She was giving birth for cripes sake! And yet she felt quite awful for forgetting. Like she wasn’t giving the issue the attention it was so desperately screaming for. Could she not just be… happy? At that thought, she felt a wave of despair fall over her head. Instinctively she curled ever tighter over the wee things feeling the urge to cry well up in her chest, but not having the hydration to do so.

At that, Lilycreek spoke up and she turned her head toward the she cat. There was relief in not being alone… being with her. As the breakfast and moss was dropped off she turned her head away and tried to extend her neck to press a nose against the queens cheek. “Thank you…” she breathed looking back down at her kits once more.

At the mention of names she hummed gently under her breath and adjusted as one of her kits let out a ferocious wail. She couldn’t help but slightly panic and adjust to reach out with a paw and gently pull the little thing close to her belly. She let out another puff from her nostrils “names?” she gently shook her head, and like Lilycreek continued to fuss over them. “Ah… yes.. um..” she rocked her head back and squeezed her eyes shut in thought.

She looked upon the small litter, a fighting bunch. She could feel it in her chest. First she looked upon the kit closest to her. @/TawnyNeedsACoffee She looked painfully like her father… that hurt. “Ospreykit… my little fighter.” she gently bent to touch the top of the kits head with her nose.

Next she sat back to look upon the rest of the unamed litter. How was it that most of them inherited the look of their father… this must’ve been a starclan punishment of some kind. No. She wouldn’t speak such things over her kits… Coldmilk was a distant memory. @/Poprock. “This little stinker… I think.. Cranekit”

Then, the white and grey tabby tom. She tipped her head back and fourth. “I was thinking… maybe.. Swankit? Or…” she paused again and glanced almost helplessly up at Lilycreek. “No… he’s my little Swan.” @/Flaming Ice. She worried slightly about the name swan… goodness forbid anybody pick fun at the name since he was a boy… but she’d ring the necks of anybody who even thought of it.

Now onto the ittiest of them, small and gentle looking. (Also, the link for Ducklings appearance is no longer valid! So I cannot see him anymore!) She felt a gentle naivety from him and a smile touched her features. “Ducklingkit.” @/puppeteer then see she leaned down to press a gentle smooch on his forehead.

And at last… one of the only kits who had a strong resemblance to her. Which… wasn’t really a competition considering nobody really knew about Coldmilk. But, in her head it was a competition and this was a small win. “And my sweet little girl here… Cormorantkit.” @/ares

[ Alright, sorry I’ve been dreading doing this reply because I’ve got nooooo inspo. So here’s this garbage. Anyways, after this birth post there’s no need to continue this roleplay! You are welcome to discuss amongst yourselves how you’ll age your kits up! Next roleplay with the whole family would hopefully be when the kits are walking around and talking! @/Sol we can keep Goose/Lily going if you’d like! )

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old May 9th, 2023, 11:25 PM
Not as active anymore

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitBat View Post

Moon, a small black and brown tabbymese waddles her way to the nursery, looking around before laying her eyes on a new potential, “new friend!” The tiny molly says, while rushing over and planting on her face.
- Sunsetkit

Sunsetkit was rolling the pebble around before another kit was rushing towards them. Sunsetkit was very confused and also sort of shocked before slowly realizing what just happened. "Oh, hello! Are you okay?" They said looking at the other kit who just face planted "and uh...sure, i can be your friend!"

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old May 10th, 2023, 08:19 AM
Matching with Octavia!

Bump Policy: M-F 8AM-4PM
My Mood: Asleep

....::::**•°✾°•**::::........::::**•° °•**::::....
Moonspot
Genderfluid/Queen

....::::**•°✾°•**::::........::::**•° °•**::::....

Moonspot was curled up in her nest as she drifted in her dream galexy floating in her realm. she sometimes kept her ears open in case someone needed her or someone was talking to her, but most of the time she was just drifting in her galexy void dream. but all of a sudden she jumped feeling a sharp pang of pain from her belly feeling the kits starting to stir. her ears laied down worriedly as she looked around for lilycreek before saying "Miss lilycreek, i think my kits are comeing!" she said in a worring expression her tail soon moved to wrap around her belly abit to comfort the kits abit.

Kit 1: Owlkit - @Octavia!
Kit 2: Creamkit - @Leafie
Kit 3: Moonkit - @Rosepaaw
Kit 4: Honeykit - @Sun´Spots
@sol.

Hi Im Moonlight
Moonstar Has a Open Den Policy in Heartclan!, if you ever need her do not hesitate to come to her den for her if need be.
Heartclan {Sign Up Re-Revamp}
Heartclan Main RP
Moonspot Family Finder

Last edited by 13719; May 10th, 2023 at 08:21 AM.
Old May 10th, 2023, 08:38 AM
Don’t be scared I’m here

Bump Policy: 1- 4 hours (if rp is past a week I’m dropping it)
My Mood: Starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangoligon View Post
- Sunsetkit

Sunsetkit was rolling the pebble around before another kit was rushing towards them. Sunsetkit was very confused and also sort of shocked before slowly realizing what just happened. "Oh, hello! Are you okay?" They said looking at the other kit who just face planted "and uh...sure, i can be your friend!"
The kit got up, shaking off the dirt on her face,
“Mhm! I’m ok!” She smiles, giggling to herself, “really? You’ll really be my friend!” She says, as her tail sways.
Old May 10th, 2023, 09:07 AM
Not as active anymore

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me

Quote:

The kit got up, shaking off the dirt on her face,
“Mhm! I’m ok!” She smiles, giggling to herself, “really? You’ll really be my friend!” She says, as her tail sways.
- Sunsetkit

Sunsetkit smiled before saying "Of course i'll be your friend!" to their new friend before trying to figure out what to do or say after that
"Uh...we can do all sorts of stuff! Like...uh...things!" They said "i was rolling around a small pebble before you came"

ghostie wuz herez

Old May 10th, 2023, 09:17 AM
Don’t be scared I’m here

Bump Policy: 1- 4 hours (if rp is past a week I’m dropping it)
My Mood: Starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangoligon View Post
- Sunsetkit

Sunsetkit smiled before saying "Of course i'll be your friend!" to their new friend before trying to figure out what to do or say after that
"Uh...we can do all sorts of stuff! Like...uh...things!" They said "i was rolling around a small pebble before you came"
Moon's orange eyes shifted over to the pebble, as she gasped, “ a rock!” She shouted, as she starts kneading the ground harshly. “Oh! My names Moon! What’s yours?” She says happily as her pupils dilated.
Old May 10th, 2023, 11:30 AM
Fluffball

Bump Policy: After a week
My Mood: Distracted

Skykit
They/Them

(Solarkits name was changed)

Skykit rolled around in the dirt, loving the way it felt in their fur. With a sudden burst of energy, they jumped up and started kneading the ground with their little paws. They mewed and did a little happy wiggle.
Old May 10th, 2023, 03:47 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Dogkit scratched his eyes, whimpering quietly, after that he went to his nest to sleep, ignoring the pain

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra
Old May 10th, 2023, 04:49 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Minkkit
She/Her

For a kitten who'd just turned four days old, Minkkit was quite... boring. All she did was snuggle with her family, every so often finding her source of food because it seemed obligatory that she do so. Minkkit possessed no desire to feed, but who could fight instinct? Not her, that was for certain. With a happy, quiet mrrow, the mostly snow-white kitten continued her snoozing, dreaming and floating in her strange fantasies.

Did you want the good news or the bad news first?
Old May 10th, 2023, 08:09 PM
Not as active anymore

Quote:

Moon's orange eyes shifted over to the pebble, as she gasped, “ a rock!” She shouted, as she starts kneading the ground harshly. “Oh! My names Moon! What’s yours?” She says happily as her pupils dilated.
-Sunsetkit

Sunsetkit giggled a bit "my name is Sunsetkit!" They said, before looking at the pebble "i just found this little pebble near me when i woke up and i kinda just started rolling around that pebble Since i didn't know what to do".

ghostie wuz herez