Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Go to first new post RiverClan Evacuation...
Last post by Mizu
Today 08:26 PM
WindClan Leader's Den
by Ian
Last post by Moonraven
Today 08:25 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Mizu
Today 08:21 PM
Willowpaw's Training! [p]
by squidz
Last post by SeonghwasBunnyEars
Today 08:20 PM
Closed Thread

Old February 16th, 2020, 03:02 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Fawnsqueak balked at the implication, his eyes going huge. "You haven't seen any living cats--um, does that mean you've seen a dead cat in a tree? That's... super messed up, if you have." He didn't want to think about the possible events that'd led up to the discovery, but luckily, he didn't have to since the subject was swapped to the feasibility of making a tree-den. "I seriously wouldn't know the first thing about how to make it, but that would be kind of neat." Fawnsqueak was intrigued by the notion and would have to look into it later, maybe scout some trees...

"Yeah, I think I could've figured that much out," he huffed a little and stared downward, nervously clawing at the bark. "That's like, telling a cat with greencough to just... stop being sick." It was the same level of helpful direction, which was to say, not at all as he tried to determine how he was going to manage it. Falling and breaking his neck by landing face-first was his largest concern. With a breath and a clamped jaw, he murmured, "Okay, here we go..."

Fawnsqueak sunk his claw into the bark, then the other paw... but when it came to moving the back ones, he was already trembling from the exertion and apprehension. He stretched as far down as he could before releasing his branch of safety and starting a descent down the tree trunk, which was a series of sloppy, quick steps and then an "abort mission" jump-flail that landed him partially on top of Eagleflower with an oomph. He was just relieved he wasn't a big cat, or that could've really done some damage -- nevertheless, it was mortifying as he scrambled to untangle their limbs, placing a couple tail-lengths of distance between them when he was able to embarrassedly scurry away. Although he couldn't meet his gaze, he tried to say as if nothing had gone wrong, "Alright, yeah, done. ...Anyway, did you want to rest or, or... actually try swimming tonight?"

@Moon Lily

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old February 16th, 2020, 03:19 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

@Dipper

Eagleflower thought back, trying to recall any dead cats in trees. Nah, none he could remember...that would have been messed up.
"I don't think I've seen dead cats in trees, they sound a bit like ornaments when you say it like that.." He exclaimed, trying not to think of it. Just the thought of a limp paw dangling above him sent shivers down his spine. He tried to think about the tree-den instead, that would be a nice long-term project.
He snorted, and rolled his eyes teasingly. "Don't get sick, greencough cat! We don't want you falling dead from trees!" The tom seemed to be having some trouble getting down. He tried to stay encouraging, and leaned forwards to peer at him.
"Do you need help? Just come down slowly..." He mewed cautiously, fear starting to tickle at him now. If anything happened to him... He gulped nervously. He'd never be able to live with himself.

He smiled with a slight nervous tremor as Fawnsqueak edged down the tree. He wasn't very graceful. But then again, he was climbing down a tree for what seemed like the first time. His eyes widened as he jumped down, trying to scramble out of the way of his landing point. Ack! Incomi- His thoughts were cut off as he was hit by the brown tom. He felt the air knocked from him, and he sputtered as he rushed to escape from under his pelt. He felt a blush climb down his ears to his tail-tip, hus awkwardness coming off in waves.
"I mean, er, I-I wouldn't mind getting a few hours of sleep...we could go swimming at sunrise?"

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old February 16th, 2020, 11:28 PM
the stars are aligned

"Are you okay?" he squeaked, concerned. While placated that Eagleflower seemed okay from the collision, Fawnsqueak shook out his pelt and ensured everything was still intact from his rough landing onto the ground. "I don't know if I'm really the type of cat who should be uh, gallivanting around in trees." If he didn't get hurt, somebody else would.

Agreeing with a nod, Fawnsqueak peered around the area for some quick materials to create a makeshift nest that hopefully would be fit for two. "Okay... how is this?" he inquired once he was finished, then stood back to admire his handiwork. It was a little sloppy, but he had to work with what was available and fit the moss bedding into the hollow of the tree so they were shielded from leaf-bare's temperatures. Moving forward to try it out himself, Fawnsqueak plopped into the bed, nestling in for the night.

@Moon Lily

Old February 16th, 2020, 11:44 PM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Raccoontail

Grunting as she helped carry Shiverpetal to the beach, she looked out over the ocean with a frown. She hadn't ever thought twice about this way of burying the bodies, but being the one to do it brought so many thoughts to life. Like, how many cats were in that ocean? Couldn't they all just wash up on the beach one day? What do you do if they float? Do bodies even float?! She was so lost in her thoughts she almost didn't hear Fennelnose's question. Suddenly she was snapped back into reality, realizing she had accidentally dropped her side. Hefting it back onto her shoulders, they visibly sagged under an surprising amount of wait that wasn't there before. "If you call practically calling the cat insane the first and only time you talked to him close, then yeah, we were like siblings," she finally mumbled in reply, avoiding their gaze purposefully as to keep the sly tears threatening to run down her face again from winning. How could she have been so stupid? If she had known that was the only time she would ever see him call her impatient, she would have smiled and laughed, made the visit that much more enjoyable. Instead she was a complete jerk. How would she ever forgive herself, with that kinda guilt hanging over herself. Finally giving in, she let a few tear slip down her face, dropping to the sand softly. "It's just, I was such a jerk to him, and I never apologized," she said softly, slowing her quick trot a little so she wouldn't have to say goodbye permanently yet. She flicked her tail at Goosepaw to get Shiverpetal's tail, as he was starting to drag and sand was getting in his fur.

[ @Slushie @pathos ]

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old February 17th, 2020, 12:13 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @pathos @Pepperkins ]

Goosepaw gingerly picked up Shiverpetal's tail, making sure to brush off some of the sand. What Raccoontail said... it resonated with him. "I only met him once," he blurted out. "I wanted him to look at some scratches that were starting to turn ugly. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to help in his own way, but I hardly knew anything about him, and I immediately labeled him as a weird cat who couldn't do his job and didn't... didn't deserve to have his job." He swallowed the lump forming in his throat. "I was snide, and rude, but I'm hoping I can make it up to him by helping you two with this." It felt strange to say it out loud, but it also felt right, in a way. He glanced up at Raccoontail. "I heard most of you believe in a sort of afterlife, right? I may not have gotten to know him, but I bet he's looking down on you right now. I bet he forgives you."

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:41 AM
the stars are aligned

((he doesn't))

Old February 17th, 2020, 12:48 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
((he doesn't))
((ohmygod xD))

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old February 17th, 2020, 01:04 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

(XD that afterlife conversation was awesome)
@Dipper

Eagleflower sat up, his expression sheepish. He hadn't expected Fawnsqueak to fly down from the trees. Even though his chest thronged from the recent collision, nothing was broken. And bruises wouldn't kill anycat. He nodded, shaking himself.
"I'm fine...remarkably." He gathered, standing up. He was actually surprised by this fact. After Fawnsqueak's great acrobatics act and his fall into the river - and his almost fall as well- he was surprised he was even alive.

He watched as Fawnsqueak constructed a work of art. Binding leaves, sticks, and other things together. And there was moss as well. He admired the tom's handiwork. He was quite good with his paws.
"You know what? It's perfect." He mewed, styling in beside him.
"Well, sweet dreams? If you prefer nightmares, I hope you get them, but otherwise, erm...now I'm ranting."

(Sorry for the short reply, but busy at the moment hehe)

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old February 17th, 2020, 01:37 PM
the stars are aligned

((pff i'm glad you enjoyed // short is fine! i was going to timeskip anyway))

It was unusual that Fawnsqueak could slip off to sleep within minutes, but it had been a busy day with regular duties and a date to go along with it. A fairly active date, at that: a run to the beach and scaling a tree for the first time. It had been exhausting but worth it.

When Fawnsqueak stirred again, the faintest hint of morning's light was poking through the trees, beautiful copper-red rays cast across the horizon. The sight was made even better with Eagleflower, and he was about to wake him so they could go back to camp before they were missed, but he realized they still needed to take a swim. Something he was slightly competent at, for a change. "Hey," he mumbled, prodding his shoulder with his nose. "Hey, it's time to get up." After a few licks and a nip to Eagleflower's ear, Fawnsqueak rose to his paws and waited for his companion to join him, the beginnings of a devilish smile on his face. "I hope you're ready to swim?"

@Moon Lily

Old February 17th, 2020, 06:12 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

@Pepperkins @Slushie

They were nearing the beach now. Fennelnose stared out into the blue waters, watching the waves lap against the shore. Did the horizon ever end? Was it just them, surrounded by an infinite expanse of ocean? The wind seemed colder now, sharper. They shivered. Fortunately, they didn't have to linger long on those thoughts, because the sudden increase in weight that they were carrying had them wheezing to support the body. Until Raccoontail regained their side.

Fennelnose glanced over at the other warrior. "Oh, definitely," they meowed at the sibling comment.

For the most part, they were silent as the other two confessed their worries. They had never met Shiverpetal, so there was nothing meaningful that they could add to the conversation. Making their way to the edge of the water, feeling the water soak their paws, they sighed.

"..I think it's a good send-off for him," they said finally. "It's... peaceful." There was more they wanted to say, something fancy and poetic to match the mood, but it was too difficult to try to form their thoughts into words at the moment. Though, as they watched the tides ebb and flow, a question bloomed in their mind. "Should we just let the waves take him? Or—do we have to wade all the way out there?

lio was here ♥
Closed Thread