Today 06:47 PM
Wren finder [rc/atari]
Last post by Neptune.
Today 06:44 PM

Old November 7th, 2020, 07:29 AM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Default Story I Wrote

Hello! Today you will be treated with a special surprise, I have been working on a story that I’d like you to all read, this is the Prologue, if you like it, I may continue!

Prologue-Or, Awakening
A full moon lit up the forest as Alyssa and Rudy ran through, eyes bright with childlike curiosity and keenness. Rudy had finally encouraged Alyssa to sneak out with him and he wanted her to have a great adventure until the sun rose, they had already covered their clothes in dirt accidentally by rolling down a hill, Alyssa’s pink dress was ruined, but it was fine, she could always get another one.
The two eight-year-olds stopped by a creek to get a drink of water, they laughed when they saw their warped reflections in the water, they thought they looked so silly.
But then, something happened that caused the fun to stop, parents came crashing into the woods looking for their children, angry scolding, and the friends being taken away from each other, tear filled eyes.
The next morning, Alyssa asked why she couldn’t play with Rudy anymore.
“Because, he’s not going to your school,” A cold stare out the window as Rudy and his friend Gideon play with trash, Her mother sighs.
“School?” Alyssa is stacking cups up on top of each other, trying to make a tower, her mother snatches it away.
“Yes, The school for Evil of course,” Mother takes the cups back to the cabinet, “We are trying to groom you into a nice young, Good girl, not an impish brat like that Rudy, but he’s effecting you so he must be cut out of the picture.”
A frown from Alyssa.
“Don’t worry dear,” Mother half smiles, “You will make many more Good friends when you are thirteen, for now, we must focus on our lessons.”

Rudy awakens in a drafty attic, as he is accustomed, if he one day awoke in a bedroom he would freak out, he replays the scene from last night over and over in his mind, sadness fills his soul, all he wanted to do was play!
He walks downstairs in his ugly black outfit, still caked in mud, Gideon’s father greets him with a grunt, Gideon himself then comes out of the basement, a large rat eating dead spiders out of his hand.
“Geez, Rude!” Gideon frowns, “You go on a Midnight adventure without me?”
“Sorry, Gid,” Rudy sighs, not really in a joking frame of mind, “Stinky Jr. might have scared Alyss-“
Alyssa?!” Gideon chokes, “That pretty pink princess who lives in town?! You’re friends with her?”
“Yeah, she’s nice an-“
“No! Rude! You shouldn’t be hanging around her! She’s weird, she always wears pink and screams whenever she sees a bug or something!”
“Not true! She actually loves ladybugs and butterflies, and she held a grasshopper once!”
“Well, that’s cool, but you can’t be friends with her her parents are the most goody two shoes you’d ever find!”
“So what? Alyssa is different! She doesn’t mind that we live in a shack on the outskirts of town with both our families squished inside!”
Gideon spits on the floor, Stinky Jr. spits too, “Rudy, now that her parents know about you two being friends you can’t play anymore! They’ll hate you!”
Rudy deflates at this,
“We-we can still meet in secret? Right?”
“No way, her parents have probably already pulled out the lessons, she won’t come out of that house until she’s a perfect lady.”
Meanwhile, back at Alyssa’s home, she is drilled over and over on proper dinner etiquette so much that all thoughts of Rudy disappear from her head entirely, now all she thinks of is silver plates, proper posture, and the occasional prince.

Thank you so much for reading this! If you liked it, please give me some feedback! I really would like to make this into an actual book someday!