Redmire Roleplay Finder
by dino.
Last post by korok
Today 06:03 PM

Old October 15th, 2024, 07:00 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

[just for context - this would be taking place after the whole nursery debacle lol]

A light gray nose slowly poked itself into the entrance of the medicine den, twitching as it sniffed all the powerful, unfamiliar scents. Pale green eyes blinked in awe and curiosity and Whisperingkit plucked up the courage to poke her head in, but stayed outside so as to not get underpaw. "Um...e-excuse me?" She squeaked anxiously. "M-Ms. Berryshine? Ms. C-Cobwebfern?" Tail swishing behind her nervously, Whisperingkit waited patiently crouched by the entrance. There was no urgency in her mew, as she was simply there for a visit. The young kit was highly curious about the herbs that the medicine cats worked with and what they did, and even though she figured there wasn't much she could do she wanted to see if there was anything she could do to help.

[ @squidz - Berryshine]
[ @finley !! - Cobwebfern]

click my signature for my character bios!
Shop ;; Character Site
Old October 18th, 2024, 09:45 AM
literally evan kelmp

Bump Policy: 48 hours [ please provide link ]

c o b w e b f e r n ┆ ☆
she / they . 21 moons . riverclan mca
a very scarred, grey fluffy bengal with a missing back right leg. she has fluffs of white and darker grey fur.
purrks ; herbal knowledge tier two, the collector | formatting creds to wolfie <3 | lesbian/sapphic + demigirl

trigger warning ; this character frequently talks and thinks about past abuse, panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. interact with care <3

└> . . . @Luna16 ; whisperingkit

cobwebfern looked up from the herbs she had been sorting from recent patrols to see whisperingkit nosing her way into the den. she'd been having what she liked to call a Grumpy Morning, but seeing the kit immediately made her soften. ' hiya, whisperingkit! what can i do for you? '

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

" i was nothing before, so i couldn't have asked to be born . "

cobwebfern is riverclan’s medicine cat apprentice !
she and berryshine have a semi-closed den policy .

request healingmedicine den
trackers
my character's thoughts and actions do not reflect my own <3
Old October 18th, 2024, 10:45 AM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Happy

Whisperingkit heard a warm, friendly voice and immediately brightened. “Ms. Cobwebfern!” The little kit purred. She stepped into the medicine den, approaching Cobwebfern a little. Not too closely, as she didn’t want to be in the way. “I was just wondering…if there was anything I could help with?” She mewed, shuffling her paws nervously.

[ @finley !! - Cobwebfern]

click my signature for my character bios!
Shop ;; Character Site
Old October 21st, 2024, 03:38 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Lazy

| BERRYSHINE |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector | dreamwalker

[ riverclan medicine cat | she-cat | 13 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Larkwing
~<>~
27 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

A deep breath in and out. Okay. This was... fine. Compartmentalize. Approach this like she isn't speaking of herself. Someone else. This is someone else. Berryshine's questioning look makes her want to squirm, to shrivel into her pelt and become one with the worms in the dirt.

"Um... it has to be... a recent development..." Stars, her face feels hot just talking about it, and the poppy she'd eaten is starting to make her feel drowsy. Can't this interrogation just be over already? Shutting it down is easy enough, though, she'll just lay her head on her paw and shut her eyes. A blatant indication she does not wish to speak on this anymore.

[ @squidz || @finley !! ]

"R-Right, yeah... let's let her rest, Cob," Berryshine mused gently, flicking her tail and giving Larkwing another sympathetic glance. "You're welcome to rest here tonight — or any night, o-of course. Please, let us know i-if anything hurts, or if you need anything, okay?"

With that, the dark brown she-cat decided not to take the risk of being any worse at her job today than she already had been. She respectfully dipped her head to RiverClan's former leader who looked like she just wanted to sleep her life away at the moment before turning away. Giving Cobwebfern's shoulder an affectionate bump on the way out, the medicine cat herself also retired to her nest on the other side of the den, wanting to wallow in embarrassment for a little while longer before her heated ears felt like they were gonna fall off.

[ + @finley !! ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post

•° Frigidfang °•
Monkey's Paw

And, this went about as well as Frigidfang had expected. Some incredulous looks, some disbelief, but at least he wasn't being... well, he didn't know, banished? Poked and prodded like some kind of strange piece of prey? "Curse, gift, call it what you will," he answered gruffly, still refusing to meet either of the cats' eyes. "I've gone ahead 'n kept it to myself. Don't want anyone knowing that if they prod me too hard I might break a leg." Ears flattened. It was always difficult when he really had to think about the implications of his stupid decision. He knew how fragile he was, he just... didn't like to think about it. "And I hope it stays that way. I don't need any cat knowing this more than they have to." There was just the faintest quiver in the otherwise stoic cat's voice. If this got out, his life would be on the line. And Frigidfang did not want to join the gods earlier than he needed to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post

Stormstar - RiverClan Leader

As Berries began to work quickly on... was that a splinter? All of this was over a splinter??? Stormstar couldn't keep the disbelief off her face as she looked from her medicine cat, to Frigidfang, then back again. She parted her jaws to figure out what the hell was up with that when the tom beat her to it. Her ears angled forward to listen, wondering what kind of explanation he would have for this.

...Unkillable? Invulnerable?? The RiverClan leader was inclined to scoff and dismiss it, but her gut told her that he wasn't lying. Okay so... what? This was some sort of... weird thing he'd been born with? No, because he said he had wished for it... Did StarClan grant him this odd ability? "Sounds more like a gift..." the leader couldn't help but murmur under her breath. A cat that was untouchable in battle could be useful, and already her mind was churning with ideas on how to best utilize it. "Have you told any other cat about this... this weird skill of yours?" the leader pressed, wanting to know who all in the Clan knew of this.

"Stars above..." Berryshine breathed out in shock as Frigidfang went on. As much as Stormstar seemingly had a point about it being a gift, in a way — after all, who wouldn't want to be invulnerable in battle? — the medicine cat couldn't help but think that the cons certainly outweighed the pros on this one. And she surely anticipated this tom making a regular occurrence to the medicine den, no doubt.

"I'll t-tell no one, promise... e-except Cobwebfern, of course. Just in case she has to treat you, too... j-just so she knows to be, ah, careful. But we won't tell a soul," the medicine cat assured, a worried but determined glance over the warrior giving away her lingering anxieties. Yet there was also a note of wonder in her leafy-green depths, as if she were trying to see the 'magic' of this curse/gift/whatever it was thrumming beneath the surface. She was glad she hadn't really known the extent of it until she'd been about done treating him; now, she was a little too afraid to touch the warrior and cause him to bleed out if her claw accidentally prodded him, or something.

Then Berryshine hesitated a moment, her whiskers twitching in thought before she innocently tilted her head. "I-Is there... well, w-would there be any way to, um... undo that? If you wanted to, I-I mean," she added quickly, not wanting to presume. But if it were her, she'd be an anxious mess, afraid to touch or do anything all the while she wasn't battling.

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
she and Cobwebfern have a semi-closed den policy.

Request Healing | Medicine Den | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den