Last post by Mica
Today 08:01 PM

Old Today, 12:58 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: Evergreen Grotto

~ BRIARSPLASH ~
stocky, large, & fluffy dilute gray tortie she-cat with goldish-green eyes; just a scratch
[ shadowclan enforcer | she-cat | 28 moons | abrasive, standoffish, loyal ]

~

Briarsplash ran in with her small patrol, halting in the Grotto. Already she could smell the acrid tang of rat flesh in the air, and she didn't like it. Fur instinctively bristling, the fluffy feline turned to the others, giving them a curt nod.

"Alright. We're here. Remember what Dawnstar said; start huntin', 'n no need to make it pretty. The bloodier, the better," she remarked with a huff, something like a twisted smirk on her maw for a moment as she already gained satisfaction from tricking the rats.

"Once we all get a few pieces, start leadin' it in a trail towards Dawning Woods. Stay close, but not too close to where we're tripping on each other's paws. I don't wanna see any of you mauled by a horde of rats before we're even close. We'll wait to drop the last piece of prey close to the entrance until we're ready. Got it?"

Hopefully they understood that; catch and tear up the mutilated prey, stagger the pieces towards Dawning Woods, and then Briar herself would try to tantalize the rats by getting closer with her piece to begin the baiting. Then they'd head off to the Woods, and let the action begin.

With a flick of her tail as the signal, they were off. Hurrying through the undergrowth and fluffing her fur out against the leaf-fall chill, Briarsplash tasted the air, an almost desperate edge to her scenting as she vainly fought to get some trails. They needed to hurry; she didn't want to be the one to keep Dawnstar and the others waiting.

[ Rolls: 15, 19, 16 : Successes! (i never get this lucky lolol) ]

It didn't take the Enforcer too long to pick up something, at least. With a quick crouch and dash, she'd managed to snag a plump mouse in her claws. And after another trail, she'd managed to snag a toad as well. And then on the way back to their meeting spot, she'd practically stepped onto a lizard that just about ran into her claws. So far, so good... so long as they'd manage to actually lead these nasty critters into the trap.

Feeling the burn of anticipation in her paw pads, Briar already began scoring her claws through the prey pieces, getting them nice and gangly to lay out. She was already beginning to stagger some pieces of her prey (and other bits and parts of them to fill up gaps in the trail) towards Dawning Woods, glancing around to see if her patrol would be doing the same. She saved the mouse for last, deciding that would be the final piece to lay in front of the rat's cave — the appetizer that would entice the diseased creatures into following their bloody trail.

"Alright, lay your pieces out just like mine... 'n when we're all ready, I'll try and trigger the start," she instructed, her eyes glinting as she watched carefully. "We can drop the last few pieces towards the end of the trail on our way over to the Woods. I just wanna make sure we stay together 'till then."

[ doing this route so we all only have to post once and then i'll have briar trigger the baiting, and on my next post she'll lead y'all outta there and into the woods. lmk if anything needs changing or if you have any questions hehe ]

[ @Mica - birdpaw | @Estelle - sleepysunrise | @wolfie - gutspaw ]

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
she and Cobwebfern have a semi-closed den policy.

Request Healing | Medicine Den | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Old Today, 10:46 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

ⵌ ➜ #GUTSPAW
˗ˏˋ ✮ it . teeth . bite . // seventeen moons ˎˊ˗ 
small spiky-furred black tabby with striking icy blue eyes. has a huge fluffy tail & a few scars in the shapes of bite-marks - notch in left ear.
❝HIGH ACHIEVER, DON'T YOU SEE? BABY, NOTHING COMES FOR FREE !!❞

『 彡 ➜ @squidz @Estelle @Mica // doing this on moblie real quick while i have the time & energy ! May fiddle with it later but this the gist
Gutspaw trailed after the patrol, the sleepy haze beginning to lift. Stars, did it even eat? .. It couldn't quite recall - Goopywhisker was always on bite's mind these days. Honestly, all of teeth's siblings were. Where they could've gone. Still, the tabby did it's best to focus on the situation at paw. It nodded towards Briarsplash, right. Time to hunt. Maybe teeth could snag a bite once this was all over.

The apprentice separated from the group, nose twitching as it explored the territory. Teeth hadn't really gone in this area before. It would track down the scent of a squirrel, quietly climbing up the tree while it was focused on eating. With one quick pounce, Gutspaw snapped it's neck. It gave it a swift thanks of gratitude, wishing it on its way before picking it up and climbing it down.

It would follow Briarsplash's path, tearing up bits of the squirrel and leading it towards Dawning Woods. The apprentice would disappear once more, seeking out the scent of a shrew. It crept through the grass with practiced stealth. It waited for the right time before pouncing on it. Again, Gutspaw gave it its respectful wishes before picking it up and adding it to the bloody trail. At least Mistlewhisker had taught teeth how to cut smoothly so it was easy to cut the shrew into pieces.

Gutspaw would still keep a few pieces so bite could drop it near the end of the trial. Finished, the apprentice waited for further orders.

⸝⸝⊂➜﹒silk spinner ✮ kitty softpaws t2 ✮ bewitched ✮ the collector ⊃⸝⸝
❝THEY SAY I'M A CONTROL FREAK - DRIVEN BY A GREED TO SUCCEED !!❞

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc[tw] bones and all

Last edited by wolfie; Today at 11:03 AM.
Old Today, 11:51 AM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Quietpaw
Shadowclan apprentice
Purrks: Mind reader(permanently active) and Shadow fiend(inactive)

Quietpaw swiftly padded after her patrol, slipping through the shadows with a wary gaze. Every now and then she spared a glance around her, checking to make sure no stray rats would ambush them. You could never know what danger lurked, better to be safe than sorry. The apprentice halted along with the others, muscles tense as she stared intensely on the bushes ahead.

@Aroogi @Omari @idia @Hushfalls

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old Today, 02:47 PM
I Declare Bankruptcy!!

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
My Mood: Dreaming

~Blueberrybird~
{Silver lynx point siamese with blue eyes}

She paused tasting the air. When she was met with the foul smell of rodent her muzzle scrunched up in frown. She let out a small gasp. The amount of repulsion she felt for the odor surprised her. Trying not to linger on the stench she turned her attention to her surroundings. Getting caught off guard in a situation like this was not an option. She didn't want to accidentally put anyone in harm's way. Eventually she noticed her attention wandering, so she tried to stay more focused.

She slipped into the bush beside Tuftedtusk and the others. How long was this going to take? She hoped not to long stress was not good for your health, and if she had to describe this situation with one word it would definitely be stressful. It doesn't really matter how long this takes it's not like I have anything else to do, but then why do I care. FOCUS! Why was her thoughts so out of control? It couldn't be because of the rats. After all she wasn't actually that scared of rats. To be fair she's never fought rats, but mice were pretty much the same thing, right? If it wasn't the rats then what was it. Her eyelid twitched as she realized she'd done it again. She let out a light sigh and promised herself she wouldn't let her mind keep wander anymore.

l @Aroogi @Omari @idia @Morrigan l
Old Today, 04:43 PM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: any time
My Mood: Spooky

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
rookfire watched the cats in the clearing, mildly surprised no one was looking super antsy about the new rules and their confinement to camp just yet whilst keeping an eye on the entrance in case someone decided to try their luck and fail miserably. after a while, grey eyes wandered over to where roachflare had spread out to catch some of the last rays of warm sunlight on dark and orange fur and the former enforcer got to his paws. crossing the clearing briskly yet with no air of urgency, he stopped right by the younger warrior who squinted up at him. "patrol?"

the sun had long since reached its peak and was beginning to make its way down the slope of the horizon to welcome the moon and silverpelt once more, yet the cool of the shadowy forest was yet to become a biting cold like it commonly was in the early mornings. rookfire had been wandering the borders alone at dusk and dawn to escape the boiling heat of midday but he was slowly considering a change in routine as paws turned numb from the dew water collecting around his paws and ankles. shadowclan wasnt in need of prey for once, his, sleepys and briarsplashs event had ensured that, but some burdock root and cobwebs to replace those used for rat bite victims was necesarry so they set out to do just that. the walk towards evergreen grotto was quiet while rookfires mind circled the fact that he had originally wanted to go for darkwater mire but just..couldnt. he couldnt bring himself to cut through the undergrowth and let treacherous water touch his paws just yet. couldnt see what mustve been lostsparks last sight. couldnt bear the thought of bloody water laying still under the faint shine of sunlight. not yet. not so soon after.

[ semi open ; rook|roach solo patrol ]

Rookfire is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat Apprentice ☆
━━━━━━━━
Rook's tracker || Shadowclan Healing || placeholder
Old Today, 06:46 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Birdpaw
ShadowClan Apprentice
she/her | 10 moons | 99/100
[Grey tabby with a dark overcoat, white underside and amber eyes]
Purrks: Lyrebird's Lullaby [PERMANENTLY ACTIVE], Don't Mind if I Do!
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Fool Vessel ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Briarsplash - @squidz ] [Sleepysunrise - @Estelle ] [Gutspaw - @wolfie ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Birdpaw followed behind the patrol, the air tense as they approached the Evergreen Grotto. Her amber eyes flicked this way and that, the cloud of depression fading slightly to allow her to do her job. Briarsplash's instructions were met with a nod, her gaze trained distantly past the molly's paws. Once they were allowed on their own, Birdpaw slunk into the bracken, tracing the scent of a mouse. It was a stupid little creature, much like she, and didn't notice Birdpaw's approach until it was too late. A swift bite to the neck left it cooling at her paws. Briarsplash's words rang through Birdpaw's head, and she stared intensely at the mouse before her. Make it dirty. Make it messy. Usually the thought of brutalizing something, regardless if it was dead or not, had Birdpaw's stomach turn into knots. But she felt nothing as she looked at the piece of prey. Wicked claws shredded flesh and fur easily, mind quiet and compliant.

After scattering her mouse along the trail others had began, Birdpaw looked for another creature to add to their trap. A bird fluttered to a halt on a mossy log nearby, hopping once, twice, pecking at the wood to get a yummy grub. It too died swiftly, its wings then pulled apart with sickening pops that fell on deaf, dark grey ears. Birdpaw dropped its pieces onto the trail as well, stopping by Gutspaw and awaiting orders. Swift and simple. She knew she'd have to start running soon, and the thought of her lungs giving out taunted her. What a way to go, hm? Die via the curse your mother gave you? Of course Birdpaw knew nothing about the curse yet, but food for thought.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)
Old Today, 08:02 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Sleepysunrise
[ 13 moons | She / Her | Shc Enforcer ]

A ripped ear flickered as she followed the leader of their patrol, meticulously analysing the way Briarsplash seemed to take charge and guide them through their plans. Sleepysunrise had not been entrusted to lead, but figured that mayhaps she could observe Briarsplash and learn from the taller and older molly. Her ears stood erect yet gaze remained particularly devoid, seemingly unphased even at the thought of having to cut open her prey. It wasn't as if she hadn't done so before.

Soon enough, the hunt began. Sleepysunrise broke off from the rest of the group as she stalked about the grounds, quick to spot a wayward... Frog? Well... It was something. She was quick to catch the slow and slippery thing, claws digging into the icky flesh without mercy. Her next victim was a shrew scurrying about the grounds; one that nearly escaped when her eyes fell on the smaller pet it had with it. Almost like. A parent and its child, stirring something within the child. But squeaking and the nearby scent off blood pulled her out of her lengthy daze, unsheathing her claws to end its misery, the uneasy feeling ever present. Her last prey was caught with little joy, her jaws snapping the blackbird's neck as she dragged it to the rest of her catches.

There, she began meticulously cutting up the prey. Rake her claws across its bodies, dislodge its limps remove its heads and most of all open up the soft flesh of the stomach. Deft claws dug into the fresh flesh as she began to pull out organs and blood clots without so much as the bat of an eye, her mind only wandering towards the decomposing badger in Icy Heartlands. What would it look like, now? It had been some time. She wondered if Miss Grandmama would allow her to go inspect the state of the dead creature.

Gutted and disassembled prey taken care off, Sleepysunrise followed suit in discarding the dead things in a trail towards Dawning Woods, saving some bloodied organs and limbs to scatter towards the end of the trail.

[ @squidz @Mica @wolfie ]