Last post by Wingnettle
Today 02:09 AM
Evergreen Grotto
by Rose
Last post by squidz
Today 12:58 AM

Old October 14th, 2024, 09:25 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: feel free! i promise i have our roleplay in my to-do list, im just lazy v-v
My Mood: Lazy
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Peachspring
20 Moons || RiverClan Warrior || She/her
. . .
RiverClan’s Southern Sweetheart
. . .

Peachspring's pretty lil' ears perked as she heard her names called by Stormstar. A hunting patrol? Sounded like fun. Even if the weather was an itty bit chilly, it was no biggy. Her fluffy coat would be enough to keep her nice and warm.

The molly bounced on over to where her Classmates were gathered for patrols. Stormstar had said she'd be taking a couple of paws; Aspenpaw and Seapaw. How exciting! Peachspring enjoyed working with apprentices. She could only hope to be assigned one of her own someday soon.

She found that the two were already sitting together. "You fellas are Aspenpaw and Seapaw?" She confirmed cheerfully. "I'm Peachspring, and I'll be takin' y'all kiddos hunting, alrighty? I'm assumin' you two both know how to hunt, but if you don't just holler and I can give you a quick lil' crash course."

"You two follow me like a couple of ducklings till we get out into the territory, 'kay? You heard the bosslady! No wanderin' around and causin' mischief. Now let's get goin'." After giving the duo instructions, the ginger molly briskly turned and led them out of the camp into the territory.

The territory was so pretty this time of year. The few trees had shifted from their lush greens to an array of golds, oranges and reds, and their leaves danced in each cold gust of wind. Perfect weather for hunting. Peachspring came to a stop as she reached a small clearing and turned back to the others. "Okay, this'll be our meet up spot. We each go out to hunt a little ways, then when we're all finished we meet up back here, got it?" She asked with a grin.

. . . .
@burntToast - aspenpaw! || @sleepyyjax - seapaw!! - went ahead and posted in this thread because i didn't feel like making two separate posts lol, also apologies for the lazy post.

Last edited by chickadee; October 14th, 2024 at 09:25 PM.
Old October 15th, 2024, 03:19 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyyjax View Post
Seapaw
he/they - 8 moons - Go with the flow

Seapaw lazed in the clearing, finding he didn't have much to do. There was no way to leave camp without a warrior, so, alas, he would lie here. Just as his eyes were about to fall shut, he noticed Stormstar climb up onto that rock - what was it for again?? They didn't remember. Soon, they found out from her words, it was for patrols. That made sense!

OOooo and their name was called! Their first patrol! So he'd be hunting with Peachspring and Aspenpaw. Hm, he wasn't sure he knew either of them. Hopefully his hunting would be up to scratch! He still only knew how to hunt on land.
When he began to pad over, he noticed an apprentice was already waiting - Aspenpaw? They could only assume. "Hiya!" They called as they padded over lightly. "Are you Aspenpaw?" As long as he was right, they'd just have to wait for Peachspring!

@chickadee @burntToast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Peachspring
20 Moons || RiverClan Warrior || She/her
. . .
RiverClan’s Southern Sweetheart
. . .

Peachspring's pretty lil' ears perked as she heard her names called by Stormstar. A hunting patrol? Sounded like fun. Even if the weather was an itty bit chilly, it was no biggy. Her fluffy coat would be enough to keep her nice and warm.

The molly bounced on over to where her Classmates were gathered for patrols. Stormstar had said she'd be taking a couple of paws; Aspenpaw and Seapaw. How exciting! Peachspring enjoyed working with apprentices. She could only hope to be assigned one of her own someday soon.

She found that the two were already sitting together. "You fellas are Aspenpaw and Seapaw?" She confirmed cheerfully. "I'm Peachspring, and I'll be takin' y'all kiddos hunting, alrighty? I'm assumin' you two both know how to hunt, but if you don't just holler and I can give you a quick lil' crash course."

"You two follow me like a couple of ducklings till we get out into the territory, 'kay? You heard the bosslady! No wanderin' around and causin' mischief. Now let's get goin'." After giving the duo instructions, the ginger molly briskly turned and led them out of the camp into the territory.

The territory was so pretty this time of year. The few trees had shifted from their lush greens to an array of golds, oranges and reds, and their leaves danced in each cold gust of wind. Perfect weather for hunting. Peachspring came to a stop as she reached a small clearing and turned back to the others. "Okay, this'll be our meet up spot. We each go out to hunt a little ways, then when we're all finished we meet up back here, got it?" She asked with a grin.

. . . .
@burntToast - aspenpaw! || @sleepyyjax - seapaw!! - went ahead and posted in this thread because i didn't feel like making two separate posts lol, also apologies for the lazy post.
┏━ - - - ━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━ - - - ━┓
•| Aspenpaw |•
he/him | 9 moons | Riverclan apprentice
“If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone”
{Silver tongue || inactive ||}
|{Word count: 56 / 200 }|
┗━ - - - ━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━ - - - ━┛
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So this was Seapaw, aspenpaw thought as the apprentice approached him. He'd seen this kid around with Mander a lot, he assumed that meant they were really good friends or littermates???? Or maybe something else. Either way if Salamanderpaw like them then that meant the kid was probably pretty cool. "yeah, that's my name!" he replied with his usual toothy smile. "Seapaw then? Nice to meet ya kid." He let his tail hit the younger apprentice on the shoulder good naturedly. Another voice caught his attention, that must be the warrior that would be taking them on this patrol. Aspenpaw turned to greet them two, his wide smile faltering only briefly as his eyes landed on her. Oh she was- ehm. A warrior. Aspenpaw blinked twice and smile again. "Uh- Hi! Y-yeah aspenpaw." his smile felt crooked, that was dumb. Maybe it was because he never expected to greeted by a pretty adult, adult weren't supposed to be pretty but hey here was one. He was just surprised is all. Him being struck in awe didn't last too long as they started heading out for hunting.

The leaves of the trees outside of camp were becoming brown and falling off branches where they lay scattered on the ground, crunching under paw. The hot green leaf air had long past and left behind a cold declaring the arrival of leaffall. Honestly it was much prettier than he had expected it to be. Who would expect dying plants and rotten leaves to not look absolutely awful. As he took in his surroundings his thoughts also wandered towards hunting. He prayed that starclan would allow him to have one day of successful hunting. He didn't want to experience what happened in his training session with Floodsight. That was just....bad. it was embarrassingly bad. Even if it was an old mouse, let him catch something this time around!

"Yes ma'am!" aspen replied as the came to a stop at the clearing. Something about getting to hunt alone was exciting to him. Obviously he wouldn't be too far away but he'd be far enough and he be doing it himself without anyone watching him and accessing him. No pressure about getting it right. So this was the meeting spot, got it! He didn't wait for much more to be said before bolting off in his own direction. He didn't travel to far before he came to a halt, ears perked as he listen for any sounds amongst the piles of leaves and his mouth agape breathing in the different scents. One was stronger than the rest. Mouse- no it was Shrew??? Aspenpaw slowly lowered into a hunter crouch, he'd practicing a lot back at camp, as his eyes scanned the foliage in search for the rodent. Finally movement disturbed the foliage and aspenpaw spotted the small brown creature as in went on with its daily life unaware of the danger that sat only a few tail lengths away. Remembering what floodsight had taught him, he crept quietly towards the shrew, careful not to place his paws on anything that could make a sound. Lucky for him he was already downwind and didn't have to worry about his prey scenting him first.

Roll: 5 {great success}

With a powerful leap, aspenpaw pounced onto the shrew, his claws already sinking into its soft fur when it's screeched in shock. It didn't even get much of a moment to react before teeth sank into flesh killing it. He did it. HE DID IT! He caught something all by himself!!! He had to tell Floodsight-.....maybe he tell her when they did training again. He was still a bit irritated with his mentor over what had happened when the attempted a swimming lesson but after some contemplation he had come to realise that maybe his own reaction had been the cause of the negative experience. He would apologize but once again his pride wouldn't allow it. He'd talk to his mentor when he decided he wanted forgiveness to forgive her. Picking up his shrew he dropped it near the base of a slanted looking tree. What to catch next.

+ 1 shrew

|{ 1/5 || 1 shrew}|

( Sorry for the sloppy post, it's not proof read /w\ )
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hrs
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

┏━ - - - ━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━ - - - ━┓
•| Aspenpaw |•
he/him | 9 moons | Riverclan apprentice
“If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone”
{Silver tongue || inactive ||}
|{Word count: 56 / 200 }|
┗━ - - - ━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━ - - - ━┛
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So this was Seapaw, aspenpaw thought as the apprentice approached him. He'd seen this kid around with Mander a lot, he assumed that meant they were really good friends or littermates???? Or maybe something else. Either way if Salamanderpaw like them then that meant the kid was probably pretty cool. "yeah, that's my name!" he replied with his usual toothy smile. "Seapaw then? Nice to meet ya kid." He let his tail hit the younger apprentice on the shoulder good naturedly. Another voice caught his attention, that must be the warrior that would be taking them on this patrol. Aspenpaw turned to greet them two, his wide smile faltering only briefly as his eyes landed on her. Oh she was- ehm. A warrior. Aspenpaw blinked twice and smile again. "Uh- Hi! Y-yeah aspenpaw." his smile felt crooked, that was dumb. Maybe it was because he never expected to greeted by a pretty adult, adult weren't supposed to be pretty but hey here was one. He was just surprised is all. Him being struck in awe didn't last too long as they started heading out for hunting.

The leaves of the trees outside of camp were becoming brown and falling off branches where they lay scattered on the ground, crunching under paw. The hot green leaf air had long past and left behind a cold declaring the arrival of leaffall. Honestly it was much prettier than he had expected it to be. Who would expect dying plants and rotten leaves to not look absolutely awful. As he took in his surroundings his thoughts also wandered towards hunting. He prayed that starclan would allow him to have one day of successful hunting. He didn't want to experience what happened in his training session with Floodsight. That was just....bad. it was embarrassingly bad. Even if it was an old mouse, let him catch something this time around!

"Yes ma'am!" aspen replied as the came to a stop at the clearing. Something about getting to hunt alone was exciting to him. Obviously he wouldn't be too far away but he'd be far enough and he be doing it himself without anyone watching him and accessing him. No pressure about getting it right. So this was the meeting spot, got it! He didn't wait for much more to be said before bolting off in his own direction. He didn't travel to far before he came to a halt, ears perked as he listen for any sounds amongst the piles of leaves and his mouth agape breathing in the different scents. One was stronger than the rest. Mouse- no it was Shrew??? Aspenpaw slowly lowered into a hunter crouch, he'd practicing a lot back at camp, as his eyes scanned the foliage in search for the rodent. Finally movement disturbed the foliage and aspenpaw spotted the small brown creature as in went on with its daily life unaware of the danger that sat only a few tail lengths away. Remembering what floodsight had taught him, he crept quietly towards the shrew, careful not to place his paws on anything that could make a sound. Lucky for him he was already downwind and didn't have to worry about his prey scenting him first.

Roll: 5 {great success}

With a powerful leap, aspenpaw pounced onto the shrew, his claws already sinking into its soft fur when it's screeched in shock. It didn't even get much of a moment to react before teeth sank into flesh killing it. He did it. HE DID IT! He caught something all by himself!!! He had to tell Floodsight-.....maybe he tell her when they did training again. He was still a bit irritated with his mentor over what had happened when the attempted a swimming lesson but after some contemplation he had come to realise that maybe his own reaction had been the cause of the negative experience. He would apologize but once again his pride wouldn't allow it. He'd talk to his mentor when he decided he wanted forgiveness to forgive her. Picking up his shrew he dropped it near the base of a slanted looking tree. What to catch next.

+ 1 shrew

|{ 1/5 || 1 shrew}|

( Sorry for the sloppy post, it's not proof read /w\ )
Seapaw
he/they - 8 moons - Go with the flow

A new friend already? This patrol had already started out great. "It's nice to meet you too!" He chirped, as he noticed a warrior approaching them. Peachspring huh? She seemed lovely! This should be a walk in the park, as long as his hunting's okay... Anyway. They trotted on behind the two of them, heading into the territory. They'd only been out here a few times. One - Fading's border tour... Two! Searching for new-home, well, for camp. He supposed he should probably start calling it camp now. And three - Moving to new-home - uh, camp.
He'd technically been out with Oliverat, he guessed, but they'd always stuck close to the abandoned twoleg den, with the territory on lockdown. The edge of the den wasn't exactly 'out in the territory'.

Stuck in various camps all the time, he hadn't really noticed the seasons as they began to change - the leaves were? Brown? And orange, AND yellow and even red? His eyes blinked in a little confusion and a little awe. The three came to a stop in a small clearing. Okay, so it was hunting time now. "Oki doke!" they called, before springing away, not going far at all.

So now they just needed to find something. That was the super tricky bit. He flattened himself to the ground, as his eyes surveyed the area. Just ahead, they noticed a little pile of leaves and stuff - it must've all fallen from a tree. As he stared at it, a little animal made its way over, searching through the pile - Oh!! What good luck!! What was it Oliverat taught him? Smell, creep, end? Well, he didn't need to smell, the perfect opportunity had presented itself! Just to creep and end! The apprentice began to creep along the ground, trying suuuper hard not to make a sound, getting closer and closer to this animal. This creature, it was greyish brown, with a biiig fluffy tail. Was that a squirrel? They'd occasionally seen one on the fresh kill pile, but they couldn't be sure. Now they were getting close, they'd need to spring soon.
[Rolled: D10 Scored: 2] [flopped </3]
He pressed his weight onto his haunches, ready to spring, but a few pebbles beneath his paws dislodged and - oh dear! The clattering noise alerted the squirrel pretty quickly - but still, he pounced forwards! The squirrel though, was far quicker, and had soon found its way up the tree... Darn. He stumbled up to his paws and gazed up the tree. If only he could fish! Bet he'd be way better at that.

That couldn't be all, right? He stopped to sniff the air, hoping to get an essence of something. Thankfully, there was a trace of mouse! Where from though? The paw swivelled around, trying to figure out how to find it - was it wind direction?? After lots of spinning, he finally figured it out, and situated himself upwind. Then, he crept along, taking extra care this time. The mouse soon came into view. It was snuffling at something by the riverside. That gave it fewer places to run, perfect!
Sure there was a chance of Seapaw falling in but, to be honest he'd welcome it. The river didn't look too fast round here, and he reeeaaaaly wanted to go swimming. He crept along further, eyes on the prize.
[Rolled: D10 Scored: 5] [just only a win!]
Until - boom! He sprung forwards, claws in the air and - UFF! He fell right down on the mouse, claws not exactly hitting it - but! They just about managed to grab it as it attempted to scurry off - though, not without his back legs ending up entirely in the water. Still! He was happy with that! One little mouse was better than nothing! He heaved his haunches onto shore, shaking the water out - hopefully no one would ask about that.

@chickadee

Last edited by sleepyyjax; Yesterday at 01:52 PM.
Old Today, 02:09 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

`~Owltalon
She, Her\Deputy\46 moons\Riverclan
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty [ACTIVE]

- - -
You know, the longer Owltalon lived on a rock, the longer she was starting to get used to it. With a quick glance behind her, she addressed the young apprentice with a smile as she lead her into territory. "Aye, chap, ya still 'ere?" She gave the air a quick sniff before turning her head once more. She was glad that Starrypaw had chosen her to aid with additional training, in fact she was absolutely delighted to teach the gal a thing or two about fighting those earth born devils. And it made scense for Starrypaw, poor kid. What Owltalon wouldn't give to sit down and have a nice conversation with her, thankfully now was her chance.

Her large paws finally slowed to a stop, her fur fanning out as the wind rushed through it. She looked around at her surroundings and breathed in the air. It still had a faint taste of salt to it, something she'd always appreciate.

"I'ght, chap, we're 'ere. I suppose ya wanna get started, eh?" She flashed Starrykit a lopsided smile before she continued on. "Do ya wanna learn how ta fight any specific predator? If not, I'm sure there's still somethin' ta be learned." She was slightly dreading this question... Owltalon wondered if Starrypaw would immediately get to the point and tell her that she wanted to learn how to fight hawks specifically, which was fair, but stars above it hurt. Of course she'd possibly be so keen on fighting birds of any kinds, her sister was snatched up by one for stars sake.

So, the deputy just waited and prepared herself to teach the lesson.

Tags:
@Wingnettle // Starrypaw
Starrypaw stared at Owltalon with an expressionless blue gaze. She was picturing her little sister being taken away by a certain, specific predator. That day, the small kit had sworen to avenge Elderkit one day. And this was the first step toward her goal.

She would never forget the look of the bird while she took her sister away.

"...Hawks."
A single word that said everything. And Owltalon knew. Oh, everyone knew.
What they didn't know, was that Starrypaw was more close to her goal than everyone thought.

She could already imagine her sharp claws sinking into the brown feathers, reaching the tender flesh and clawing the entire body to the bone. She would chew its legs and sink her teeth into its neck.

Her eyes burnt of a deep hatred.

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice