My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: our universe was cloaked in light [kit finder]

[ placeholder ]

i'm so tempted,, but afjiefhsokdsa maybe i'll apply for hypokit #4

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old October 14th, 2024, 12:58 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: feel free! i promise i have our roleplay in my to-do list, im just lazy v-v
My Mood: Lazy

hypo 1 placeholder

Old Today, 12:59 PM

Bump Policy: 3 Days / 5hrs Time Sensitive
My Mood: Queenly

FERNKIT
VineKit | PebbleKit | ForestKit
~Hypo 3~
if not hypo three, description below
Female/She-They/RiverClan

FernKit —> FernPaw —> FernWing/Flutter/Whisper

PERSONALITY

The Dreamer Stuck in Stars
Ferny is a kit who often seems disconnected from the world around her, often up in her head and living in the clouds and stars and sky. Most of the time she tends to be absorbed in her own thoughts and daydreams, finding her own, made-up world far more interesting than the day-to-day happenings in camp. To her, this is perfectly normal—why focus on the current when her imagination is so much more fascinating and fun and enjoyable?

When she does snap back to reality, Ferns curiosity sparks alive. She’ll poke her nose into every nook and cranny, eager to explore and discover anything unfamiliar (to add to her made up world of course). Her obliviousness to danger means she often rushes into situations with no fear, unaware of any consequences that may follow. This can make her a bit nosy at times, inserting herself in situations and matters of which she doesn’t belong in, much to the frustration of older cats. If something catches her attention, no matter how small she will immediately wander off to go and inspect whatever may be distracting her.

She has a playful personality throughout the entire time. When she’s not in the middle of something (of which that thing is happening in her daydreams) she’s always trying to start a game up with any cat possible.

Her daydreaming tendencies often lead to her saying the most random, out-of-context things, leaving those around her confused and unsure what’s going through her mind. She might suddenly blurt out a question or observation that has nothing to do with the situation at hand, showing how distracted she is by everything around her. Also, FernKit struggles to remember names, easily forgets directions around the simple camp, and has a hard time grasping basic concepts that seem terribly obvious to others around her age. Despite this, FernKit is easy to love and it’s clear she only has good intentions.

The Crashing Down Meteor
Thanks to her being the day-dreaming kit that she was, FernPaw has grown up believing that she can stroll around and do as she wishes when she wishes. In her vivid imagination, there are no limits—she can be the fastest, the strongest, or even the smartest cat in the clan if she so chooses to be. This mindset follows her into her apprenticeship, but now along with her unpredictable behavior, a troublesome teen is born. What once was her kit-like innocent curiosity has developed into a more rebellious and trouble-causing attitude. Instead of simply poking her nose into harmless places, Fernys adventures have begun to be able to lead her into real danger. Wandering off during patrols, questioning orders, and ignoring warnings have become regular occurrences. After all, if her dream world tells her anything is possible, why should the rules of the clan stop her?

She was supposed to suddenly go from a bubbly kit to an apprentice and be responsible automatically? How did that make sense? Suddenly she had to be flawless and soak in all the rules she dismissed and hadn’t heard amongst her daydreaming as a kit.

FernPaw quickly (or not so quickly) realizes that her head had been so far up in the clouds during her kit-hood that she hadn’t been able to learn half of what she was supposed to. Rules and lessons—such as the warrior code—that were casually spoken about by elders and queens teaching kits went right over her head, lost in the magnificence of her own daydreams. Now that she’s an apprentice, those rules suddenly matter—but she hadn’t paid attention to them! Ferny doesn’t understand why things can’t just stay fun and carefree like they were when she was a kit, and this rebelliousness only grows as her new responsibilities weigh her down.

She struggles and simply doesn’t understand how to keep up and pay attention and be good the whole time. This causes her to seek advice from her mother dearest. She had no idea what to do with her stress simply crushing her and killing her slowly. She’s just doing bad things for the sake of attention and to try and cover up how absolutely clueless she was. Lark or Fish could maybe help give her good advice, train and teach her, and spend more one-on-one time with her to try and help her catch up. Ferny would soon admire and look up to her mother/father, pushing herself to be as great as the pair and impress them.

She Will Rise and Shine Again
With age comes wisdom, and Ferny seems to have SOMEWHAT found that. She still has her paw full of flaws but she’s come to accept that no cat is perfect, even those she previously chalked up to be heroes (Ma, Papa, Stormy, Herself in her Fantasies). She gained more control over herself, her actions, and how her mind may wander. She does her best to be brave and swat away any insecurities that may come with her duty as a warrior. This is definitely more TBD as I want to see events that happen through roleplay to shape her <3.

If she does receive the name FernWing, there would be two main reasons behind the naming. One of which would be for her mother, the cat that taught her so much and is still a legend in Fernys gaze. Another reason would be her warrior name is because of her tendency to be in the clouds as a bird would be. It’s like she’s flying high off the ground, resulting in the suffix Wing.

LOOKS/FASHION
short desc: a medium-messy gray and red flecked fur she with sage green eyes

FernKit has often messy, all-over-the-place fur as she often pays no mind to it (and gets in every nook and cranny that she can) often making a mess of herself. She had pretty average medium length fur, the only long fur being on her tail and chest. Her fur is a blue-gray (looking more gray) spotted tabby with little red flecks throughout her pelt. She has little round ears and her tail is shorted than average.

(This Stays if Hypo 3 or Not)
Thanks to her investigating personality as a kit she often got little leaves and flower petals tangled in her messy fur and looked pretty…let’s just say disastrous. Upon reaching apprentice age her fur got neater, but the items that scattered throughout it did not. She now had vines and entire plants that went unnoticed in her fur (that her siblings or mother will most likely point out to her or simply remove them for the disorganized she). Once she becomes a warrior she takes on a more organized and graceful persona (at least look-wise). Her fur is still a bit messy at times (though she grooms it more often herself) and she keeps a little fern vine thing dangling from in of her ears. She tried to keep fresh lavender in her pelt as well.

RELATIONSHIPS/VIEWS ON CATS
-LarkWing-
Well, it’s her mother! And an ex-leader, obviously she’s super duper epic. Her view on LarkWing doesn’t change much throughout her entire life, just how expressive she was about it dialed down. As a kit, despite her daydreams, her mother was always a hero is those fantasies and Ferny will most likely attach herself to LarkWing ALL the time, much to mother dearests eventual annoyance. She will climb on her tail, legs, back, bother her in her sleep, anything.

Once she grows to be an apprentice her mother is still special to her, but Ferny feels as she grew up LarkWings attention shifted a bit away from her. Of course why would it not? Ferny was supposed to be more mature and independent now, but FernPaw doesn’t understand that. Some of the times she acts out or does something dangerous she simply did it for the sake of receiving her mother’s attention and worry again.

Finally, she matures into being a warrior (a more fitting role for her I believe. She has more freedom and knowledge hopefully). She often goes to her mother for any guidance and does her best to maintain a good, solid relationship with the former.

-FishFreckle-
Dada is cool! FernKit loves his mind and how he’s a thinker. She’ll often pester him as a kit and follow him around, constantly questioning if he came up with any new ideas or plans or just…thoughts. She tries to set every evening as a destined time to pester either parent (typically dad as she has the rest of the day in the nursery with Lark).

As an apprentice, it’s sort of the same scenario as with her mother, she feels the tom drifting away and she has the need to snag that attention back ASAP. She may seek him out before he does LarkWing for some reason that will make sense to herself. She will also seek him out lots for training in her later apprentice moons, wanting to be as strong as one of her heroes she chooses him to pester over training.

As a warrior, the bond continues to grow. She wants to impress him and will do her best to hear out and follow his ‘100 Moon Plan’.

OOC INFO
Aha! Hey super cool people reading this! Apologies if this part is short…let’s say I’m exhausted from typing everything above, and you’re probably tired of reading it! I just couldn’t resist on this finder!
(Sorry for any typos here, I did my best to check the whole thing)

LarkWing has always been a favorite of mine! (Yes Neptune, I love all your characters brand your writing but she will always be a personal favorite.) I obsessively stalk and read any of her posts that I see and I just believe she’s such a great character! Seeing as she was having kits I started freaking out and therefore write this…disaster of a character. I can’t wait to see who all is chosen for this couple…and I’ll stalk the whole fam if I must. For FishFreckle I haven’t read as much of his posts as I have Lark, but of course I had to dig deeper into his character, and obviously all Darks characters are awesome so I wasn’t too surprised to be very entertained reading all the detail put into him! Also…Lark telling Fish about the pregnancy…yeah read that whole thing (wholesome) and Fish’s header- *squeals*
Anyways- sorry- that’s it for my rant on your characters- had to throw that there- totally.

About me instead of your characters now. Hey- it’s Rowan, you may have seen me around. I’ve been here since May and really don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. I’ve been trying to die down in characters (which obviously if I’m applying for another character you can see that’s going great) but I couldn’t resist this. I’ll probably remove or shelve a few if she gets approved because goodness do I want to focus everything on this kitty and her family dynamics!

Thanks for giving everyone a chance here and GL to all that are applying <3

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
DarkPaw Finder (SC)
Old Today, 02:22 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Ibiskit
(Ibis is a bird that looks like a stork. It's goofy.)
(other name ideas: Egretkit, Heronkit, Gannetkit)

Theme: Identity
Problem: Ibiskit will be very protective of everyone around them, wanting to defend them and protect their honor. They put a lot of stock in reputation and respect, and want to control how everyone perceives them incessantly. However, as a kit, they will just be a bark-y kit who doesn't want to be told what to do, nor have their family and friends be told what to do. You may notice, that this is not a great thing to be in a a Clan.

WIP I GOTTA GO STUDY SORRY