Character training trackers
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 10:00 AM

Old September 19th, 2024, 09:28 PM
han jisung fourth gen ace

Bump Policy: 2 days [ONLY for timesensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

RiverClan Seagrass Fields

Not far from RiverClan's camp lies Seagrass Fields, where fallen Clanmates rest. The land slopes down into what appears to be a seemingly endless sea of tall, soft grass that comes to life and rolls with every breeze. With soil that is mostly damp from the abundance of low, it makes for the perfect spot to bury those who have passed.

Cutting through the sea of grass eventually reveals a stretch of land that sits before a shallow pond. It rests near the edge of cliffs that overlook the sea and the waves that crash below. The pond is often eerily still, with the water only coming up as high as the average cat's shoulders.

A shroud of mist coats the ground nearly all times of the day, often snaking around the steps that cats take within the area. Though it never rises above belly-height, it makes hunting in the area nearly impossible as it provides too much coverage for prey, and the pond yields no fish. It is, however, an abundant spot for herb collecting due to its soil and provided shade from trees that tower at the edge of the clearing.

[ credit for this landmark belongs to @Marigoldwhisper and @twizzypaw ! ]

Last edited by taillow; Today at 02:29 AM.
Old September 20th, 2024, 06:32 PM

Bump Policy: 2-3 days, replies will be slow as life has been crazy...
My Mood: Lazy
Default Re: RiverClan Burial Place [Name TBD]

Not too far from the new Riverclan camp, barricaded by a crescent shaped mountainous formation, Foxleap padded side by side with Owltalon but he made sure to carry Crowglow's lifeless body with the heaviest side over his haunches and back. Side eyeing Crowglow's head that dangled over his back, Foxleap quickly glanced back down at the ground and determined he'd rather not see his dead clanmate's expression. The normally chatty and upbeat warrior walked with his head hung low, ears pinned to his head and remained silent as he processed the recent traumatic events that have unfolded. Fadingstar is gone, many are injured or dead, and oh yeah, let's not forget being called a kit by Dusklion. All because he needed a second to cool off while still being useful to the Clan and exploring their new camp. The fox patterned Abyssinian shook his head solemnly as he relieved the moments but did his best to center himself. Now was not the time to lose it, Riverclan needs as much stability as it can get.

As the pair trekked through the new territory, the gloomy overcast that loomed above remained constant as the terrain transitioned from the shorter grass that grew at and around the campsite to taller stalks. Thorny weeds and wild flowers grew abundantly in this area, making for decent coverage despite the lack of trees as they neared the cliff sides. Taking a deep sigh, Foxleap looked up to the open patch of land that lay before them. Overlooking the edge of a jagged cliff, a rolling sea of lush, soft and tall grass as lively as an ocean's current rippled like water with every passing breeze. And to it's opposite side, the closest form of cover being the distant treeline that extends either into more Riverclan territory or beyond. The lean russet tom's rich and warm honey hued eyes took a glance at Owltalon, wondering if she had the same thought he did about this being the perfect spot for the dead to rest and enjoy the vastness of the view overlooking the cliffs.

@Marigoldwhisper
@taillow

Active Purrks: TBD
Old September 21st, 2024, 10:58 AM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzypaw View Post
Not too far from the new Riverclan camp, barricaded by a crescent shaped mountainous formation, Foxleap padded side by side with Owltalon but he made sure to carry Crowglow's lifeless body with the heaviest side over his haunches and back. Side eyeing Crowglow's head that dangled over his back, Foxleap quickly glanced back down at the ground and determined he'd rather not see his dead clanmate's expression. The normally chatty and upbeat warrior walked with his head hung low, ears pinned to his head and remained silent as he processed the recent traumatic events that have unfolded. Fadingstar is gone, many are injured or dead, and oh yeah, let's not forget being called a kit by Dusklion. All because he needed a second to cool off while still being useful to the Clan and exploring their new camp. The fox patterned Abyssinian shook his head solemnly as he relieved the moments but did his best to center himself. Now was not the time to lose it, Riverclan needs as much stability as it can get.

As the pair trekked through the new territory, the gloomy overcast that loomed above remained constant as the terrain transitioned from the shorter grass that grew at and around the campsite to taller stalks. Thorny weeds and wild flowers grew abundantly in this area, making for decent coverage despite the lack of trees as they neared the cliff sides. Taking a deep sigh, Foxleap looked up to the open patch of land that lay before them. Overlooking the edge of a jagged cliff, a rolling sea of lush, soft and tall grass as lively as an ocean's current rippled like water with every passing breeze. And to it's opposite side, the closest form of cover being the distant treeline that extends either into more Riverclan territory or beyond. The lean russet tom's rich and warm honey hued eyes took a glance at Owltalon, wondering if she had the same thought he did about this being the perfect spot for the dead to rest and enjoy the vastness of the view overlooking the cliffs.

@Marigoldwhisper
@taillow

`~Owltalon
She, Her\Lionheart\45 moons\Riverclan
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty [ACTIVE]

- - -
What a pretty place... Kinda eerie, but nicely covered. Though, the eerie bit was probably her own imagination and feelings towards finding a new site to bury the fallen. Owltalon felt as though she'd had the wind beaten out of her, with the new revelation and her own stinging embarrassment over taking part of a situation without even being completely herself for the most part, her mind bobbing in and out of cautiousness and pure confusion. Though, the damage had been done, the only thing she could do now was to be better.

She held her long tail near Foxleap's flank and Crowglow's side. She didn't think that Foxleap would deliberately drop the corpse, but just incase anything happened, Owltalon had her tail hold them in place for support. She noticed the change in demeanor from Foxleap, her ears drooping. She narrowly avoided a few thorny flowers before she piped up.

"Aye chap, somethin' eatin' ya?" She turned her one eyed gaze to the warrior, a ghost of a smile on her battered maw. "We all got yelled at t'day, ain't no harm in that. Besides, I think this place is pretty nice, don't cha think?" She pushed her bulky frame past more greenery before she heard something. A splash of some sort?

The Lionheart immediately fluffed up, her claws unsheathing. She perked her ears and opened her mouth. She didn't smell another clan, no, she smelt nothing other than the rich and earthy scent of Foxleap and the body of water. Perhaps some animals lived there, fish maybe. She lowered her head and sniffed around until her paws rested a the muddy bank. She gave Foxleap a smile and she looked over her shoulder to face him. "Ya see this chap?" A shrill thread of excitement laced her gruff voice. She dipped a stray paw into the water. "I didn't know there'd be a pond out 'ere."

Owltalon is the current Riverclan Deputy.
If you need her, mention me!

Riverclan Resources
My Art Shop!
Old September 24th, 2024, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

`~Owltalon

- - -
What a pretty place... Kinda eerie, but nicely covered. Though, the eerie bit was probably her own imagination and feelings towards finding a new site to bury the fallen. Owltalon felt as though she'd had the wind beaten out of her, with the new revelation and her own stinging embarrassment over taking part of a situation without even being completely herself for the most part, her mind bobbing in and out of cautiousness and pure confusion. Though, the damage had been done, the only thing she could do now was to be better.

She held her long tail near Foxleap's flank and Crowglow's side. She didn't think that Foxleap would deliberately drop the corpse, but just incase anything happened, Owltalon had her tail hold them in place for support. She noticed the change in demeanor from Foxleap, her ears drooping. She narrowly avoided a few thorny flowers before she piped up.

"Aye chap, somethin' eatin' ya?" She turned her one eyed gaze to the warrior, a ghost of a smile on her battered maw. "We all got yelled at t'day, ain't no harm in that. Besides, I think this place is pretty nice, don't cha think?" She pushed her bulky frame past more greenery before she heard something. A splash of some sort?

The Lionheart immediately fluffed up, her claws unsheathing. She perked her ears and opened her mouth. She didn't smell another clan, no, she smelt nothing other than the rich and earthy scent of Foxleap and the body of water. Perhaps some animals lived there, fish maybe. She lowered her head and sniffed around until her paws rested a the muddy bank. She gave Foxleap a smile and she looked over her shoulder to face him. "Ya see this chap?" A shrill thread of excitement laced her gruff voice. She dipped a stray paw into the water. "I didn't know there'd be a pond out 'ere."
The dashing russet tom's brown ears perked at Owltalon upon hearing her kind voice break through the stillness of the silent air. Gazing into her eye, his troubled expression softened as he smiled back at Owltalon and nodded. She was right, and very admirable for taking all this chaos and strife so well and with such strength. Her high spirits seemed to do the trick and usual charismatic and charming self seemed to return as he nodded in agreement at her thoughts about the area.

Briefly, his muscles stiffened at her reaction to the pond that had been shrouded in a light mist. The strangely still and shallow body of water rippled in reaction to Owltalon's pawstep as Foxleap followed in suit, scanning the surroundings and finding that they were alone. He let out a sigh and grinned at Owltalon, "The pond is definitely a surprise... sure is quiet and creepy out here, too..." The young tom trailed off, his sweeping gaze landing over the rolling hills of lush and thin grass that rippled like the pond with every gust of wind, "I guess over there is as good of a place as any." He rumbled in a low purr, beckoning Owltalon to follow as he pointed his head towards the cliffside burial site.

Old September 28th, 2024, 03:03 PM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Quote:
The dashing russet tom's brown ears perked at Owltalon upon hearing her kind voice break through the stillness of the silent air. Gazing into her eye, his troubled expression softened as he smiled back at Owltalon and nodded. She was right, and very admirable for taking all this chaos and strife so well and with such strength. Her high spirits seemed to do the trick and usual charismatic and charming self seemed to return as he nodded in agreement at her thoughts about the area.

Briefly, his muscles stiffened at her reaction to the pond that had been shrouded in a light mist. The strangely still and shallow body of water rippled in reaction to Owltalon's pawstep as Foxleap followed in suit, scanning the surroundings and finding that they were alone. He let out a sigh and grinned at Owltalon, "The pond is definitely a surprise... sure is quiet and creepy out here, too..." The young tom trailed off, his sweeping gaze landing over the rolling hills of lush and thin grass that rippled like the pond with every gust of wind, "I guess over there is as good of a place as any." He rumbled in a low purr, beckoning Owltalon to follow as he pointed his head towards the cliffside burial site.

`~Owltalon

- - -
Owltalon flicked her tail in interest as Foxleap redirected her gaze. She took note of his brightening demeanor and flashed the tom a toothy grin. "I'ght chap, that's watcha got yer sights set on?" She lifted herself to her full height, unsheathing her claws to get a better grip on the muddy shore. "Why don't we go check it out? 'M sure we can thinka names as we go, eh?" She waved some mist from her face with a shake of her head, the flurry of moisture spinning where her fur had swatted.

She then padded off to where Foxleap had pointed, stumbling slightly as she tried to keep her paws level. Yeah, this place certainly had an eerie atmosphere to it and Owltalon was starting to wonder if spirits and or rotting corpses simply liked the drained atmosphere. It certainly fit more than having dead cats laying in meadows, that would be extremely off-putting.

(Hello! So, I have some questions concerning what you imagine the cliff-side to look like. Is it elevated above the ground? If so, how high? Is it still relatively easy to access? I just need more information to properly visualize this to see if Owltalon herself would see this as a good pick . Feel free to vm me the details!! Ooo, and name suggestions!! /gen)

Riverclan Resources
My Art Shop!
Old October 1st, 2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:

`~Owltalon

- - -
Owltalon flicked her tail in interest as Foxleap redirected her gaze. She took note of his brightening demeanor and flashed the tom a toothy grin. "I'ght chap, that's watcha got yer sights set on?" She lifted herself to her full height, unsheathing her claws to get a better grip on the muddy shore. "Why don't we go check it out? 'M sure we can thinka names as we go, eh?" She waved some mist from her face with a shake of her head, the flurry of moisture spinning where her fur had swatted.

She then padded off to where Foxleap had pointed, stumbling slightly as she tried to keep her paws level. Yeah, this place certainly had an eerie atmosphere to it and Owltalon was starting to wonder if spirits and or rotting corpses simply liked the drained atmosphere. It certainly fit more than having dead cats laying in meadows, that would be extremely off-putting.

(Hello! So, I have some questions concerning what you imagine the cliff-side to look like. Is it elevated above the ground? If so, how high? Is it still relatively easy to access? I just need more information to properly visualize this to see if Owltalon herself would see this as a good pick . Feel free to vm me the details!! Ooo, and name suggestions!! /gen)
Returning Owltalon's grin with a warm smile of his own, Foxleap made sure to keep his pace even with his patrol partner as to not slip up on the crumbling bank by the pond. Tensing his muscles as he helped hoist the body over the mild drop-off to continue the exploration of the grassy meadow, the russet tom's white tipped tail twitched as he did a visual sweep of the horizon ahead to check for any signs of danger while responding to Owltalon, "The land is vast, quiet and seems devoid of predators so far... this is about as good as it's gonna get." Foxleap retorted as his ears flicked briefly from the moisture that Owltalon had swatted off of herself, chuckling under his breath as he dug his powerful claws into the grassy ledge and waited to make sure Owltalon was completely over the edge and had her footing, "You're definitely gonna have to help me with the names thing though! I'm not so sure I'm good at that sorta thing..." Foxleap admitted bashfully before belly laughing briefly, taking a breath and noticing his steamy exhale from the difference in temperatures.

This place certainly had an air to it. Silent yet haunted with a palpable energy, the tall and thin grassy meadow seemed to behave like an ocean; green waves that rippled and chased every passing breeze. And a thick blanket of mist or fog that covered the land generously, to the point where if one was not careful, they would miss the steep and treacherous cliffside filled with fog, jagged rocks, and no conceivable way of return.

Chills ran up the young tom's spine, but not in a creeped out way. He was in awe of the mystic energy that seemed enveloped this desolate plot of land. "What do you think, Owltalon?! Is this not the perfect burial site?!" Foxleap purred excitedly before furrowing his brows as his gaze traveled upwards while he emitted a humming sound as he began actively thinking of names and rattling them off out loud, "Okay, so what about... Misty Meadows... Haunted Heights... Shrouded Bluffs... Foggy Fields... your turn, Owltalon!" He chirped enthusiastically, grinning ear to ear.

Last edited by twizzypaw; October 1st, 2024 at 11:21 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2024, 11:56 AM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Quote:
Returning Owltalon's grin with a warm smile of his own, Foxleap made sure to keep his pace even with his patrol partner as to not slip up on the crumbling bank by the pond. Tensing his muscles as he helped hoist the body over the mild drop-off to continue the exploration of the grassy meadow, the russet tom's white tipped tail twitched as he did a visual sweep of the horizon ahead to check for any signs of danger while responding to Owltalon, "The land is vast, quiet and seems devoid of predators so far... this is about as good as it's gonna get." Foxleap retorted as his ears flicked briefly from the moisture that Owltalon had swatted off of herself, chuckling under his breath as he dug his powerful claws into the grassy ledge and waited to make sure Owltalon was completely over the edge and had her footing, "You're definitely gonna have to help me with the names thing though! I'm not so sure I'm good at that sorta thing..." Foxleap admitted bashfully before belly laughing briefly, taking a breath and noticing his steamy exhale from the difference in temperatures.

This place certainly had an air to it. Silent yet haunted with a palpable energy, the tall and thin grassy meadow seemed to behave like an ocean; green waves that rippled and chased every passing breeze. And a thick blanket of mist or fog that covered the land generously, to the point where if one was not careful, they would miss the steep and treacherous cliffside filled with fog, jagged rocks, and no conceivable way of return.

Chills ran up the young tom's spine, but not in a creeped out way. He was in awe of the mystic energy that seemed enveloped this desolate plot of land. "What do you think, Owltalon?! Is this not the perfect burial site?!" Foxleap purred excitedly before furrowing his brows as his gaze traveled upwards while he emitted a humming sound as he began actively thinking of names and rattling them off out loud, "Okay, so what about... Misty Meadows... Haunted Heights... Shrouded Bluffs... Foggy Fields... your turn, Owltalon!" He chirped enthusiastically, grinning ear to ear.

`~Owltalon

- - -
The Lionheart widened her eyes to better look at her surroundings, opening her mouth and lifting her soft pallet to taste the air. Nothing dangerous seemed to linger in the wispy fields other than the rocky terrain below. Tall grass waved in greeting, almost mimicking the lapping of river water. The Lionheart raised her tail and gave Foxleap a curt nod. While the fog certainly wasn't doing her eyes any favors, it was the perfect cover for the fallen. They could rest in anonymous silence, not to be seen unless looked for but also unbothered.

She slowly slunk into a sit, her head high as she tried to see over the clouded horizon line before turning back to her clanmate. "Ya'd be right chap, I think we found it." Owltalon herself wasn't very good at names, especially when it came to places and especially when she could barely see, but she had a few suggestions.

"First off, beautiful names, mate. Second, I think I can manage a few... Eh, whatta 'bout Clouded Cliffs, Sun-dimmed Meadow, er Seagrass Fields? Y'know, for the wave like atmosphere." She then gave her shoulders a loose shrug. "Though, I'm fine with anythin', chap."

She then looked behind her, leaning down to give her haunches a quick stretch. "I suppose we could think of-a name as we head back ta camp, eh?" She shook her fur, but the moisture seemed to stick to her like cobwebs. She then looked around once more, her amber eye landing on the meadow below. She blinked before speaking once more. "Say, we still outta drop Crowglow off, don't we? Whatta 'bout down there? There's a good amount of fog."

(I encourage you to respond as quickly as possible since another warrior recently passed as we need to bury them :3. But no rush of course! I don't wish to stress you out hehe, just manage your time wisely! Also, LOVE those names)

Riverclan Resources
My Art Shop!
Old October 3rd, 2024, 02:04 PM

Quote:

`~Owltalon

- - -
The Lionheart widened her eyes to better look at her surroundings, opening her mouth and lifting her soft pallet to taste the air. Nothing dangerous seemed to linger in the wispy fields other than the rocky terrain below. Tall grass waved in greeting, almost mimicking the lapping of river water. The Lionheart raised her tail and gave Foxleap a curt nod. While the fog certainly wasn't doing her eyes any favors, it was the perfect cover for the fallen. They could rest in anonymous silence, not to be seen unless looked for but also unbothered.

She slowly slunk into a sit, her head high as she tried to see over the clouded horizon line before turning back to her clanmate. "Ya'd be right chap, I think we found it." Owltalon herself wasn't very good at names, especially when it came to places and especially when she could barely see, but she had a few suggestions.

"First off, beautiful names, mate. Second, I think I can manage a few... Eh, whatta 'bout Clouded Cliffs, Sun-dimmed Meadow, er Seagrass Fields? Y'know, for the wave like atmosphere." She then gave her shoulders a loose shrug. "Though, I'm fine with anythin', chap."

She then looked behind her, leaning down to give her haunches a quick stretch. "I suppose we could think of-a name as we head back ta camp, eh?" She shook her fur, but the moisture seemed to stick to her like cobwebs. She then looked around once more, her amber eye landing on the meadow below. She blinked before speaking once more. "Say, we still outta drop Crowglow off, don't we? Whatta 'bout down there? There's a good amount of fog."

(I encourage you to respond as quickly as possible since another warrior recently passed as we need to bury them :3. But no rush of course! I don't wish to stress you out hehe, just manage your time wisely! Also, LOVE those names)
Raising his brows from being impressed by Owltalon's ideas for names, Foxleap chuckled, "Those are all great Owltalon! I suppose we can pick one while we're on the way back..." He retorted as he followed Owltalon's gaze onto the patch of fog that rested comfortably over the open plot of grassy land. Nodding along to Owltalon, Foxleap began to slowly and gently lower Crowglow's body so that he could dig up grave. Padding over to a patch of grass, the russet tom unsheathed his claws and began ripping up the grass from the ground and tearing at the soil. Continuing to dig with his powerful brown paws, Foxleap called out to Owltalon without looking up or pausing his digging, "Y'know, it's a good thing this soil is loose enough to dig through! I was worried we were gonna be burying Crowglow in a mudbath!" Foxleap chirped jokingly as he gradually began sinking into the earth while kicking the dirt out from underneath him.

(understood! :3 also I love your names too!! Idk if I'm gonna be able to pick LOL)

Old Today, 02:19 AM
han jisung fourth gen ace

Bump Policy: 2 days [ONLY for timesensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensCall View Post
Ghostflicker's mangled right ear flicked in Stormstar's direction. "I'll go," they volunteered.

@taillow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyyjax View Post
Seapaw
he/they - 7 moons - Go with the flow

The dogfight... They... Seapaw padded over, "I.. I'm coming." He didn't know any of these cats, but hearing that they'd lost more cats was still heartbreaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Irisfrost

Stormstar had mentioned a vigil during the meeting. It had slipped her mind, her thoughts focused on Grimpaw's training and how to mentor him as well as possible. So she had been about to head to the warriors' den when she heard Stormstar's call for those who wanted to come. With a longing glance at the hanging lichen that marked the entrance of the den, Irisfrost stood up and padded towards her leader. Yes, she hadn't been close with any of the cats who had died, so no-one would blame her if she chose a good night's rest over the vigil. She had an apprentice to train, after all. But still, these were her clanmates, and she felt a sense of obligation to pay her respects.

@taillow (sorry if you don't me to mention you)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalspark View Post
Duskleaf

23 Moons | He/Him | Agatha Kitty

RiverClan Warrior

[This takes place at a separate time from the other post with Duskleaf in the tree!]

From the tree he’d claimed as his new sleeping spot, Duskleaf watched the last of the sun's evening glow fade from the sky. He was falling in love with this place. If RiverClan ever had to leave again, he'd feel worse about it than the last time. Just then, he heard Stormstar's voice ringing out through camp. A vigil for three recently departed RiverClan warriors? He didn’t know them very well, but the least he could do was show some respect to their memories.

Descending from his tree, he made his way over to the small group that was gathering. "Aye…that's a nice thing, that." He said, "I'll go as well."

@taillow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

ROWANMANE
The Lionheart heard the leader call for cats for the vigil. Despite not knowing the cats well and his current injuries, he dragged himself over, dipping his head respectfully to StormStar. “I’ll go.” he stated firmly, waiting amongst the crowd.

@taillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanya View Post
Songfeather

She/her l 20 Moons l Warrior

Songfeather listened to her leader and just sat quiet and thought a bit for herself. She didn't really know the cats who had died. But she didn't want to disrespect them either. They had still been her clanmates. So the sandcolored she cat got up and looked towards her leader again. "I'd like to come as well.", she meowed, ready to get moving.

@taillow
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodacacia View Post

Floodsight
✦ RiverClan | 22 moons | Mind Reader ; Beefed Up T1 ; empty slot

Floodsight heard her call, and joined them slowly. She didn't feel like talking. Just thinking about what had happened to Jayfrost and Mudsmoke made her wanted to hurl. It wasn't a fight, it was just an one-sided slaughter. They had no body to bury, just going to bury the thought and honour the dead.

[ @taillow ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━
|{Word count:49/200}|
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Teeth sunk into the soft flesh of the seagull as he teared through skin a feather, devouring the prey in a few slow bites. He boredly lapped at the bone, tongue scraping of the last pieces of meat and eyes fixated on the horizon as he watched the sun dip behind trees and tall rocks until he could no longer see it, only the last rays light that chased it until they too were gone. Only the clouds and dusk coloured sky remained and the little distant stars that were blinking into the sky. A silhouette crossed through his vision drawing the grey apprentices attention. Stormstar stood staring up at the sky. His ears perked in her direction as she called for cats to join her in the vigil of those three cats who had died. Aspenpaw hadn't know any of them, except maybe Jayfrost but then again he'd only met the tom once and that was when he'd shooed both him and marigoldpaw back to the nursery many moons ago. Either way, all three cats that had died were good warriors and had served their clan well till there last breaths and for that aspenpaw respected them. However he wasn't to keen on spending his night out in the cold sitting vigil for cats he'd barely known. Standing up and leaning into a lazy stretch, aspenpaw picked up the remains of his seagull aswell as the old rotten mouse and carried them towards the dirt place where he planned to bury them.

After the small chore of get rid of the two, he started heading towards the apprentice den deciding to call it an early night. As he neared the entrance of the den, he cast a hesitant glance over his shoulder. Mudsmoke and Jayfrost had died during a patrol against otter that had threatened the clan. Floodsight had been on that patrol too, Aspenpaw could see his mentor joining the group that would head out to sit vigil. Even though the patrol had failed to successfully get rid of the otters, he felt as if he owed it to them to sit vigil. It was a respectable thing to do, those were his clanmates and since his mentor was going he should go aswell. Finally making up his mind, aspenpaw made his way towards the group and waited to head out.

{Open}
Quote:

Marigoldpaw
She, Her\Apprentice\11 moons\Riverclan
"There will come a poet whose weapon is his word."

Purrks: Dreamwalker [ACTIVE] Chill of Death [ACTIVE]

- - -
Dead? No. No they couldn't be. The news jumped onto her worse than a tic and Marigoldpaw pinned her ears back. She didn't even get to say goodbye... The thin apprentice looked down at her shaking paws. Her vision blurred with tears and she blinked them out of her hazle eyes. She was stumped and oh so devastated. She never really knew Mudsmoke, but she knew Jayfrost. He was a friend, one she wanted to talk to more often. She figured she'd have more time to bother the warrior once they settled into camp... Argh! What was wrong with her? She hadn't even noticed his sudden lack of activity in the clan. Come to think of it, she'd only last heard of him going on a patrol to go fight some otters.

Her eyebrows knitted in shame. She could've said goodbye before he left for the patrol, but she was too... She wasn't sure what she was, but it needed to stop. Too many cats had been lost. One being a kit, somecat she didn't even know, and she mourned for them. Life was a very special thing, so was any kind of relationship. Marigoldpaw felt so selfish letting so many of them go to waste.

Hazle eyes darted around in search of her mentor, but she found Aspenpaw instead. She tried to think of the last time she'd spoken to him and as she thought she could feel her muscles stiffen. She allowed some tears to roll and splash at her paws before she approached him with a quickening pace. "Hey, Aspenpaw." She mustered a wobbly smile before she glanced at the group. It seemed a good amount of cats were going. She would go to. Maybe then she'd feel less horrible. But, that might take awhile.

"How've you been? Uh. Hm... Good, I'm hoping?" She tried to force something cheerful into her mews, but it would've just rang hollow. Thus, she kept her voice dry.
Tags:
@taillow // Stormstar

Stormstar - RiverClan Leader

As cats started to come over one by one, the leader could read the expressions on their faces clear as day. Grief, sadness, pain. Some spoke, while others remained silent. One even came down from a... tree? Stormstar blinked curiously at Duskleaf as he approached, but said nothing as she nodded to him. She would address the tree stuff... later. Her blue eyes flashed specifically then to Rowanmane. She was hesitant to allow her new Head Lionheart to come along, but it wasn't in her right to stop Clanmates from grieving the cats they, too, had also lost.

"Alright, let's head out." If others wanted to follow them they were welcome to - hopefully any apprentices would still use common sense and wait for a warrior to go with them - or tag along early enough to follow the group out.

Leading the way out of camp Stormstar followed along the path that Owls had told her about. It was close to camp which was nice; a good spot for their fallen Clanmates to be put to rest. And there was even a small pond, too, which would be good. The leader had an idea she wanted to implement for new bodies that were laid to rest here - hopefully the rest of the Clan would find it as touching as she did.

As the land sloped downwards she could see it up ahead; tall grass that replicated the waves of the ocean with each push of the breeze. Illuminated by the moonlight, with the fog swirling about her paws as she led the group of cats into the open section, it looked more eerie than Owls had described. But something about it felt... calming in a sense. Trees stood tall at the edge of the clearing and in the distance Stormstar could see where the cliffside was. "Don't wander," she called over her shoulder to her Clanmates, mostly to the 'paws who were with them.

The leader stepped into the tall grass, letting it brush past her shoulders. It's soft caress felt soothing, similar to how it felt when she swam. For a moment she closed her eyes and let her other senses guide her until she could no longer feel the grass at her sides. Opening her blue eyes once more she saw the stretch of dirt before her, and at the far end of the clearing rested the pond. It felt... fitting. A perfect place for their fallen to rest.

Stormstar lifted her tail to call for those following her to halt. Stepping forward to the water's edge, she dipped a single paw in and let it sit for a beat. After, she lifted it from the water and turned to the newly dug grave for Crowfall, pressing her paw firmly against the mud. "Let this water serve as a guide for your paws to the stars," she murmured, quiet but not quiet enough for those who had followed her to not hear. She bowed her head, letting a soft breeze whistle by before turning to face the gathered group of Clanmates.

"In time, I plan to move those currently at rest in Sleepy Thicket here, so we can continue to honor 'n visit them without fear of the other Clans knowin' the ins 'n outs of that territory," she began, letting her blue gaze sweep across them. "Owltalon 'n Foxleap think that Seagrass Fields is a good name for it, 'n I agree. With this pond here, I want to implement a new RiverClan tradition; when a Clanmate is buried here, a paw will be dipped in this pond, 'n placed onto their grave as a way to let the water guide their paws to the stars. A way... for us to have one final goodbye."

Maybe it was cheesy. Maybe her Clanmates would laugh and mock her, but Stormstar didn't care. She turned her gaze up to the stars that were twinkling on one by one. Despite the twist of her own leader ceremony, she had always felt connected to StarClan, her faith being what kept her warm during many cold nights in RiverClan. Now that she had the power to implement traditions to give back to those who had fallen in service of RiverClan, that's precisely what she planned to do.

Lowering her head the leader turned to face the grave of Crowglow, bowing her head and falling into silence.

[ this is the new, official gravesite for riverclan! big huge thanks to @/marigoldwhisper and @/twizzy for finding this through roleplay and providing the name! this thread will eventually be moved to riverclan's general threads and be open for roleplay! ]

"what everyone called luck was actually talent."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den
♥ please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥
Old Today, 08:07 AM

Bump Policy: 3 Days / 5hrs Time Sensitive
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Seagrass Fields

RowanMane
Male | 40 Moons | Posts: 113
large midnight charcoal agouti tabby tom with bright blue eyes, many scars, messy medium-length fur, underbite
Purrks: None

@taillow (for brief Storm thingy) (OPEN)

As he stepped onto the land of the new grave site it felt shockingly…calming. Grief and sadness would of course linger at the location but…a state of tranquillity would cover it as well. He tried to catch StormStars eye, just for a moment as he gave a reassuring nod her way. This was correct, and she was doing great.

He took a moment to reflect in himself, padding up to pond and sitting in front of it. His blue gaze peered down at the calm waters. He looked…different. Not…physically. Something about just…him. Sure—his jaw was now in a forced, permanent underbite, his ear torn in half…but that wasn’t it. His gaze looked tired and weary. He changed…he did a hell of a lot of changing. He used to be so confident…so sure. Now he didn’t even know who he could place his trust in. He got more hot-headed. At the same time he did his clan well, he was worthy of the title of a Lionheart. He worked his ass off. He was braver perhaps…when he first joined he wouldn’t throw himself at a dog for his clan. He wouldn’t do much for them. Now he’d rather die time and time again than see them suffer. He shed his old life, or at least believed he did. He did die in a way, but he was reborn as someone new. His old self was no longer him. He grieved for the clanmates he didn’t know well, he was sure they were great warriors. He grieved for himself, his old self…but also celebrated. He was trying to push aside worries about Lavender…but then RaccoonSun came in. But now…there was another cat he believed he may love. He wasn’t sure, it wasn’t the same love he had with Lavender. It was something more special. Something truly worth protecting.

He dipped his paw in the water, the coolness causing him to take a shaky breath. This was a new stage in the clan, a new life for them all, and RowanMane believed he may enjoy it. A slight tear pricked his gaze, threatening to show. It was okay to grieve right now though…he let it go, remaining silent as a few drops hit the water. He didn’t have much to say or think anymore. He accepted this new life, this new way of things. The calming waters laid his doubts aside, though he didn’t dare turn his gaze to any cat to let them see him.

He lifted his paw from the water and pressed it on the ground in front of him. This was what he was destined for, this Clan Life. This would be his everything. Still, despite the tears still flowing, he smiled down at his reflection.

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
DarkPaw Finder (SC)