Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Rp finder
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 01:01 AM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by lark.
Today 12:54 AM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Fits
Today 12:32 AM
"Pick up the slack!" [ SHC...
by squidz
Last post by literalcobweb
Today 12:25 AM
Softpaw's Training [P]
by Fits
Last post by Fits
Today 12:11 AM

Old September 26th, 2024, 05:54 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den (Temporary)

Waterlily
Riverclan Elder | She/Her | 134 Moons

Berrypaws worry over the old lady's temper was fair given all she'd just seen of the elder straight driving a titled leader out of camp with just words, however it was kind of amusing. After all it only just proved that Berrypaw had never personally interacted with Waterlily before.

Because as soon as the apprentice padded into the elders den? Her tone changed.
"Sorry to yowl darling take your time I know youre busy what with the mess out there. I just know if Im not loud those fools will forget Im in here like I already died or something. I swear, no care for their elderly sometimes."
Yep, the mean old woman was a sucker for the kids, though that was fair given that outside of kin elders were really only visited by kits looking for socializing and apprentices to care for them, but it was a boon for Berrypaw who faced no issues as Waterlily reached out to drink the water and eat the herbs. Aaaaaand then go back for more water as she did in fact find the taste horrible.

"Its fine if the store is low but my joints are killing me too at the moment, too much walking and that shove, ugh my shoulder. Anything to be done for that? Oh and if you could snag an apprentice to cut up and prepare a mouse for me Im not hungry (never am nowadays, let me tell you kid enjoy you appetite as it will die when youre old) but I havent eaten today."
It didnt have to be a mouse really, but the elder knew should wouldnt be able to choke down more food then that and plus, even plucked like she needed them to be a bird had too many little bones.

"Im sorry youre having to go through this by the way darling. Ive seen it time and time again, a medicine cat fails and their apprentice is left too young in the role with too many burdens and not enough support. I know you probably want to help your clan but Ive seen countless apprentices fall under these circumstances," Snakepaw later heart, Fawnpaw later light, Stonepaw, Tansypaw... There were more but those were recent at least. "So please just make sure you arent hurting yourself doing this. Ask for help and breaks when needed and if you ever need advice Im here, Im not the kindest cat but Ive got wisdom of the ages with my advanced years."

Though... Waterlily worried her help wouldnt be enough as Berrypaw was already showing signs of mental strain.

@squidz

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!

Last edited by Rani; September 26th, 2024 at 05:55 PM.
Old September 27th, 2024, 02:49 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

RowanMane
Male | 40 Moons | Posts: 98
large midnight charcoal agouti tabby tom with bright blue eyes, many scars, messy medium-length fur, underbite
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @Rose (so sorry for the spiral he’s about to go through. Also, by some miracle could she actually manage to support him back home and could you get the next post here you could still respond to this one and separately get to Berries, whatever you’d like! ^^)

His brain was in a fizzy but then…something broke through. Maybe it was the urgency in her voice…maybe it was simply a miracle. Whatever it was, his eyes slightly opened. Hardly so, but enough. “Hmph Wis-wis’y- ‘m okayyy…don’ worry…js’ put m’ down…” most of his speech was mumbling. Incoherent mumbling. The next thing the sleepy tom observed was his nice, neat puddle of look. Then on Wistys pelt…why did he feel guilty for that? Well- “don’…wanna stain yer’ fur—i’s neater than minee…” and there the warrior went, thinking out loud. He was most definitely delirious at this point, staying awake…hanging on by a thread.

Jus’…suppor’…me…till we get back t’…” it took him a minute to figure out where they’d return too. The mountains? No no, they weren’t on those anymore. And he fought dogs…not lions. Dogs definitely weren’t on mountains…were they? Maybe…he’d find out some other time. Not back to home-home camp either. That was gone…they didn’t go there anymore. Next was the two-leg den (finally). Yes- yes that’s where they’d return too. To Misty- no…no she wasn’t the medicine cat anymore. Just Berries. “T’ BerryPaw…” he concluded his sentence at last. For some reason his sleepiness sent him back in time. He just offered the poor Wendy Bird a sheepish, lopsided smile as an apology. He could tell he wasn’t right.

[ Takes place AFTER the dog fight -> BEFORE the camp move. Would have replied to this earlier but :c computer restarted equals I lost all my open tabs and didn’t know what pending replies I had to do ]

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

She was entirely petrified. Rowanmane was not in a good state. At all. And that scared Wisteriawren beyond reason. Once the bulky tom had passed out, getting him to where he wanted to go — Berrypaw, was the most strenuous activity she’d ever done. It was sheer terror that pushed her through it, each step almost making her buckle as she supported Rowanmane’s weight back to the abandoned twoleg nest.

His words swam in her mind, both bewildering her and scaring her at the same time. The former, because he hadn’t wanted to mess up… her neat fur? And the latter because he needed her to support him. Like hello, she was one of the weakest cats in RiverClan — he probably was aware of this — and still… still… he trusted her that much? Yeah, Wisteriawren was really going through all the emotions in those moments as she struggled along, half dragging Rowanmane, half carrying him. Miraculously. This idiotic, stubborn, irrationally pretty tom was no kit to carry.

By the time Wisteriawren got them to Berrypaw’s makeshift Medicine Den, she just ended up collapsing on the ground. At least Rowanmane’s fall had been slightly, half-softened by herself… right? “Berrypaw—“ she rasped out after regaining her breath, chest heaving with each pant. The classic tabby wriggled out from under the not-quite conscious tom. “Rowanmane got injured. Dogs. New camp. Don’t know where.” She finished speaking, but didn’t move too far away. Just a couple steps, worried blue eyes stuck on the warrior. All she felt was helpless. Helpless to stop anything inevitable.

[ @squidz - Berrypaw ]

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old September 30th, 2024, 02:00 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 11 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiotic.Bean101 View Post

Caveclaw-She/They
28 Moons

PURRKS
Kitty Softpaws T1-Inactive
LionHeart

------------------------

Caveclaw stayed still, and winced as the leg popped back into place.

The lykoi mix listened as Berry explained it might be worse since it's the second time.
"I understand, don't worry."

And now advice for Caveclaw to rest and not push herself and all that.
"Don't worry, I'll watch my actions." She stopped for a moment, thinking as she stood up, keeping weight off of the leg "Promise."

@squidz

Berrypaw sighed with relief when it didn't seem that she'd caused Caveclaw any more pain than the procedure already warranted. Nodding, the apprentice helped Caveclaw settle back down onto a nest. "I'd say you should stay here overnight and rest it... l-let me keep an eye on it, t-to make sure the splint stays. Then you can go back to the warrior's den, so long as you're careful."

She was grateful the Lionheart was reasonable and seemed to understand that overextending herself (especially right away) would just be a recipe for further disaster for the leg. Doing her best to keep the utter relief off her face (by the stars, had she actually done it correctly on her first actual try?), Berrypaw gave Caveclaw an encouraging half-smile and nod before starting to sweep up the scraps of herbs and moss with her tail and paws, cleaning up to help calm herself down.

But she'd done it... she couldn't help but silently hope that Fawnlight had seen that from StarClan. Maybe she'd be proud. That thought made the jittery apprentice subtly smile to herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Waterlily

Berrypaws worry over the old lady's temper was fair given all she'd just seen of the elder straight driving a titled leader out of camp with just words, however it was kind of amusing. After all it only just proved that Berrypaw had never personally interacted with Waterlily before.

Because as soon as the apprentice padded into the elders den? Her tone changed.
"Sorry to yowl darling take your time I know youre busy what with the mess out there. I just know if Im not loud those fools will forget Im in here like I already died or something. I swear, no care for their elderly sometimes."
Yep, the mean old woman was a sucker for the kids, though that was fair given that outside of kin elders were really only visited by kits looking for socializing and apprentices to care for them, but it was a boon for Berrypaw who faced no issues as Waterlily reached out to drink the water and eat the herbs. Aaaaaand then go back for more water as she did in fact find the taste horrible.

"Its fine if the store is low but my joints are killing me too at the moment, too much walking and that shove, ugh my shoulder. Anything to be done for that? Oh and if you could snag an apprentice to cut up and prepare a mouse for me Im not hungry (never am nowadays, let me tell you kid enjoy you appetite as it will die when youre old) but I havent eaten today."
It didnt have to be a mouse really, but the elder knew should wouldnt be able to choke down more food then that and plus, even plucked like she needed them to be a bird had too many little bones.

"Im sorry youre having to go through this by the way darling. Ive seen it time and time again, a medicine cat fails and their apprentice is left too young in the role with too many burdens and not enough support. I know you probably want to help your clan but Ive seen countless apprentices fall under these circumstances," Snakepaw later heart, Fawnpaw later light, Stonepaw, Tansypaw... There were more but those were recent at least. "So please just make sure you arent hurting yourself doing this. Ask for help and breaks when needed and if you ever need advice Im here, Im not the kindest cat but Ive got wisdom of the ages with my advanced years."

Though... Waterlily worried her help wouldnt be enough as Berrypaw was already showing signs of mental strain.

@squidz

Oh. This was... a pleasant surprise. Waterlily wasn't nearly as feisty with Berrypaw as she had been with Fadingstar. Well, to be expected, given that tensions were high over the leader; still, as stereotypes go, Berry had been half-expecting the she-cat to lash out with words or sheathed paws if she'd taken too long. But the more the old elder spoke, the more Berrypaw saw a better view of her. Relaxing a bit, the jumpy she-cat offered a sheepish chuckle and listened along.

At her request the apprentice dipped her head, silently acknowledging that she'd do it — but her last words made Berrypaw pause, glancing up almost shyly at the elder. She'd seen this before multiple times, and sounded like she really cared... Berrypaw dipped her head again, except this time in respect and gratitude.

"O-Oh, ah... t-thank you, Waterlily," she mewed genuinely, giving the elder a timid but appreciative glance. "I-I'll take care of myself... I promise." Easier said than done, and the weight of all she'd endured so far in her young life weighed on her like stone — but she was determined to push on through and for RiverClan. To be the best warrior she could be. StarClan knew that they needed that more than ever. Even if she just... needed some extra encouragement sometimes.

After that, Berrypaw slunk out of the den and returned a few moments later. She had a mouse in her jaws as well as some dandelion; dropping the yellow flowers and pushing them towards Waterlily, she gave a slightly amused huff. "These don't taste as bad, but they're alright painkillers if we don't have as much poppy. Might help a bit... I unfortunately don't know what might help joints specifically yet. B-But this should at least alleviate some pain..."

Then she got to work, quartering up a mouse by herself instead of getting another apprentice. With her medicine training, she'd been let off the hook from most of the mundane duties that warrior apprentices got stuck with, such as bedding changes or elder tasks; so it was the least she could do, she figured, to help contribute.

Once it was done, Berrypaw gently pushed the cut up mouse carcass towards Waterlily, offering a sheepish smile. "T-There... can I get you anything else? O-Or is anything else bothering you...?"

[ -1 dandelion, -1 burnet that i forgot to put in the last post hehe ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

[ Takes place AFTER the dog fight -> BEFORE the camp move. Would have replied to this earlier but :c computer restarted equals I lost all my open tabs and didn’t know what pending replies I had to do ]

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

She was entirely petrified. Rowanmane was not in a good state. At all. And that scared Wisteriawren beyond reason. Once the bulky tom had passed out, getting him to where he wanted to go — Berrypaw, was the most strenuous activity she’d ever done. It was sheer terror that pushed her through it, each step almost making her buckle as she supported Rowanmane’s weight back to the abandoned twoleg nest.

His words swam in her mind, both bewildering her and scaring her at the same time. The former, because he hadn’t wanted to mess up… her neat fur? And the latter because he needed her to support him. Like hello, she was one of the weakest cats in RiverClan — he probably was aware of this — and still… still… he trusted her that much? Yeah, Wisteriawren was really going through all the emotions in those moments as she struggled along, half dragging Rowanmane, half carrying him. Miraculously. This idiotic, stubborn, irrationally pretty tom was no kit to carry.

By the time Wisteriawren got them to Berrypaw’s makeshift Medicine Den, she just ended up collapsing on the ground. At least Rowanmane’s fall had been slightly, half-softened by herself… right? “Berrypaw—“ she rasped out after regaining her breath, chest heaving with each pant. The classic tabby wriggled out from under the not-quite conscious tom. “Rowanmane got injured. Dogs. New camp. Don’t know where.” She finished speaking, but didn’t move too far away. Just a couple steps, worried blue eyes stuck on the warrior. All she felt was helpless. Helpless to stop anything inevitable.

[ @squidz - Berrypaw ]

"Great StarClan–"

That was all that could leave Berrypaw in a gasp when the metallic tang of blood hit her nose moments before Wisteriawren stumbled in with a very bloody Rowanmane. Her eyes flew wide open, and before she even had to ask, the gray warrior was already giving the medicine cat apprentice the details. Berry shook her head to clear her shock; stars, there was so much blood...

"O-Okay, okayokayokay... Wisteriawren, w-would you grab him some water?" Berrypaw managed to meow as she quickly ran to the herb storage, pawing off as much moss and cobweb as she could carry, as well as some marigold. Racing back to Rowanmane, she dropped the herbs by his limp form and immediately began pressing moss to his flank.

Once/if Wisteria got the water, Berrypaw glanced over at her, unable to hide the worried expression on her young face. "A-And if you don't mind... there's a lot of blood on his back, too, I'm guessing from a bad scratch. I-If you could hold some moss down with pressure... n-not too hard, but firmly," she instructed almost breathlessly as she rolled some moss to Wisteria, trying to contain her growing anxiety. She didn't exactly know if asking the petrified warrior for aid would either help her or make it worse, but she did know that she could use all the help she could get at the moment. Stars, his tail didn't look good either. What had those awful dogs done to him? Right now, priority was to stop the bleeding.

Once she bleeding on his flank quelled enough, the apprentice immediately began chewing marigold, only grimacing slightly at the taste before spitting out the poultice along his near-scalped side. Fish-dung — pardon her internal cat-French — this didn't look good, and it probably stung like crazy along his raw skin. "S-Sorry," she mewed apologetically to Rowanmane, not even sure if the tom was conscious right now or not.

[ -2 moss, -1 marigold ]

[ @Rowan ]

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
Request Healing | Medicine Den | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Old October 2nd, 2024, 06:55 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Waterlily

Hmmm... Waterlily wasnt sure she believed Berrypaw when she said she'd be careful with herself but there really wasnt much the elderly cat could do. Maybe she'd keep an eye out and go yell at one of the other high ranks if they werent assisting enough. Kind of like an angry old siren.

Still, she let the matter go easily enough, even if by her huff she wasnt believing it.

Giving a genial "Oh dearie I know you have a lot of important things to do with your day, you dont have to do that the other apprentices can." at Berrypaw handling her prey the elder nevertheless ate the herbs and then the little prey chunks without complaint. She wasnt hungry anymore, that tended to happen to old cats, but it'd stop the slight stomach pain and weakness that came with not eating.

"Thank you for all the help darling I should be fine from here. I may not know any herbs (that you dont already know) to pass on the knowledge of but I do strongly recall your predecessors so if you want to know find me. Im not doing much around here anymore."
For right now however Waterlily was settling in for a nap. Not that she'd get a long one before The Move occurred.

@squidz

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Bump Policy: 3 Days / 5hrs Time Sensitive
My Mood: Queenly

ROWANMANE

Once they had entered the den and WisteriaWren was forced from his side, the warrior went into a very struggled crouch, hardly able to hold his own weight, his legs shaking beneath him. His tail thrashed as the herbs—the herbs supposed to help him, were hurting instead. He winced, but hardly had the energy to pull away from the stinging. The pain, which was previously unnoticeable, was now crashing into him like a boulder. “I’s- o-k…” he hissed out between gritted teeth. His eyes were heavy and he took long, slow blinks, shifting his weight so he was now on his non-injured side, laying down on the ground.

@Rose @squidz

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
DarkPaw Finder (SC)