Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Mourning Ruins
by elio
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:13 PM
"Herb Time!" [apprentice &...
Last post by korok
Today 05:13 PM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by ghost<3
Today 05:07 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by korok
Today 05:07 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by paedyn
Today 05:05 PM

Old Today, 03:05 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Stormstar - RiverClan Leader

Ears twitching in gratitude, Stormstar offered Stags a warm smile. "Thanks. It feels... good, to be seen by the stars 'n recognized as this Clan's leader." She didn't mention the part about Mr. Whateverhisnamewas simply because she didn't want to bring up any doubts.

Ah, Daisypaw. If she were being honest, the new leader hadn't tried to think about the kid in awhile, mainly because of her... slight disagreement with her brother in this new rank. She felt terrible for thinking it, but the dangers that could threaten the kid with such a fragile sense of life... one mishap and it could all be over... There was a risk to even keeping her in the Clan. "Ah, yeah... To be honest, Stags, 'm... I don't know if that role is the right choice for Daisy - or to implement into RiverClan in general." She would soon grow older, more capable, and having a cat not trained in the ways of fighting, or being unable to defend herself, could be a liability.

Brows furrowed, the leader glanced over at the wall. This was a difficult decision. "...'M just worried what her future looks like. If she's... out collectin' herbs, or huntin'... what if she gets cornered by an enemy? Or gets into a tough spot that she can't get herself out of? Life out here... it's tough... 'n I don't want... a cat who's unable to defend themselves out here. It's... it's a liability." Yeah, she hated saying that almost as much as she was sure Stags hated hearing it. Whatever her brother had been thinking about this... she wasn't sure.

Looking back up to the tom, the confliction about what to do was clear in her eyes. "...What do you think is best?" This was a new situation, and even though her mind was telling her the best option forward, Stormstar didn't want to say it, because that would mean ripping Daisypaw from the only life she had known...

— STAGHEART —

very large, muscular, & scarred light brown tabby tom with stark blue eyes and a torn ear; killer aptitude 3 | just a scratch

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 53 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart nodded at first as Stormstar talked about being accepted by the stars; that was a nice thought. Even with her only having gained one extra life due to RiverClan's restrictions (presumably from its unstable leadership, he could only guess), StarClan had still accepted the then-Dusklion and made her leader. At least their ancestors hadn't given up on them, or not completely, it seemed.

But then Storm started to speak about Daisypaw, and he could tell from the caution in her tone that she shared much of the same concerns that Stag did himself. He almost winced at the word 'liability' — mainly because it was the exact same word he'd considered himself, though he'd never say it aloud. Not when the kit had sort of been taken under his wing, considering him a father figure to her because she'd been orphaned during the raid those few moons ago. It filled him with guilt and dread, but also a dulled sense of validation to know he wasn't the only one who'd been more than concerned for Daisy in these ways.

He let out a long sigh at her last question, going quiet for several moments in deep thought. His leader had points, as much as he hated hearing them — because they reflected his inner concerns so clearly. There had been many times when Stagheart could easily picture the young cat being torn to shreds by some predator, or making one wrong misstep that made her fall to her doom, or... so many other things that her fragile body would easily break under. He cleared his throat, looking down at his paws before raising his stark blue gaze to Stormstar's.

"I... I don't know," he finally meowed. It wasn't often that the stoic warrior showed too much uncertainty, but when it came to poor little Daisypaw's place in the Clan, and her fate... he was nearly at a loss of what to do. He was quiet for another moment, taking in a breath to gather more of his thoughts. "...I don't know much 'bout these sorts of things. I really only get fightin', huntin', 'n not much else. Fragile kids who wanna help, yet get their muscles pulled by stretchin' too hard... those sorta things are beyond me," he admitted with a frown. He remembered that day he'd seen such a thing happen while visiting the young cat at the abandoned Twoleg den. That had really been the kicker for him — what could they do with a cat like her in the Clan?

"...I get what you're sayin' — in fact, I agree with it, which is what's hardest, He continued and narrowed his eyes, his gaze glazing over a bit as he pictured the young 'paw in his mind. "But Daisy, she... she ain't got much else. Orphaned kit, Brightnight died while givin' birth when we were driven out of our old camp... she's just got Willowtail 'n Weepin'paw now. And me'n Berry, I 'spose... sees me as a father of sorts." He sighed again, slowly leaning back on his haunches, shaking his head as if changing his train of thought. He was getting off track; what should they do? Stormstar looked just as conflicted and concerned as he did. It was a sort of... unprecedented situation. At least that he'd personally seen.

"She's got the heart for helpin', but I ain't sure what we could have her do besides the little things Fadin'star suggested, 'n do our best to keep her safe at camp. Beyond that..." He hung his head a bit, as if ashamed of just having no clue. "...I honestly don't know..."

He was a practical cat, but there seemed to be no reasonable solution in his mind that he could find. And that was the most frustrating thing of all... feeling like he could truly do nothing. The conflict was clear on his weathered features.

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
Request Healing | Medicine Den |(Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; Today at 03:06 PM.