Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Themes and Text Colors: a...
Last post by snowflake.
Today 06:12 PM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
by taillow
Last post by Shanmo11
Today 06:08 PM
A writer's curiosity.
Last post by Red Dawn
Today 05:50 PM
✩ Hunting with Darkice! ✩
Last post by snowflake.
Today 05:28 PM

Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Stormstar - RiverClan Leader

With the meeting long over and the issue that Wavebreaker had brought up still fresh in her mind, Stormstar paced to the entrance of her den. Irritation already prickled under her fur in preparation for facing this cat, because what kind of mouse-brain would openly jeopardize other lives like that??

"Poppyburst! My den, now." Her voice was laced with frustration as she turned and stalked back into her den, wondering just how she wanted to go about this. The kid in question was already safe, but how the warrior had gone about it...

[ @paedyn ]

please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥
"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Hopeful

Poppyburst - RiverClan Warrior
The Collector
Chill of Death
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2

Forest-green hues hardening at the sound of Stormstar´s voice, Poppyburst´s whiskers twitched irritably. They way she had haved Starrykit must have been reported. A silent growl rolling in her throat, she made her way in. ´´Yes?´´

[ @taillow ]
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post

After returning to her den from spending some time in the clearing, Stormstar had set to work tidying it up a bit. It was... very empty, but hopefully not for long as the leader had a few ideas in mind for what to do with the space. She did appreciate the soft dusting of sand on the bottom of the floor, and once again glanced towards the small opening that she had been working at little by little. Part of her wondered if it lead out towards Lionsbeach...

A voice interrupted her thinking and she lifted her head to see Stags. "Stags! Come on in," the leader purred as she turned to face the tom, dipping her head in greeting. "Yeah, 'course I got time. What's up?"

— STAGHEART —

very large, muscular, & scarred light brown tabby tom with stark blue eyes and a torn ear; killer aptitude 3 | just a scratch

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 53 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart was relieved to hear Stormstar sounding alright, though he simply nodded and ducked through the lichen and into the den. He took a glance around, noting the mostly-empty rock walls with a few scratches here or there and the sandy floor. A nice little serene and dark space, though it was a tad eerie when it wasn't used to any life yet. But he was sure Stormstar would make it her own space in no time.

The stark blue eyes of the battle-hardened tom then focused back on his leader, giving her a respectful dip of his head in greeting. Should he offer direct condolences for Fadingstar...? Ah, he was sure she'd heard enough already. Besides, she'd been aware of how loyal Stag was to any of his superiors, he presumed; it was clear the toll that the disappearance of her brother had taken on many of them. It went unsaid. He decided it'd be best to just let his actions speak for that part and continued firstly with what he'd come here for.

"Ah, I was just comin' to ask ya what y'might wanna do 'bout Daisypaw's trainin'. I was 'sposed to go over it with Fadin'star, but, well..." He cleared his throat; if the situation weren't heavy, it might've been a comical moment. "...Anyway, he mentioned somethin' 'bout her bein' this sort of new role. A Caretaker, I believe. Just wanted to see if y'still wanted to go with that, 'n if so... what trainin' might look like."

The senior warrior was more used to regular apprentice training and had already raised up two warriors (and Baneberry in the process). But Daisypaw, as much as he cared for the young cat, was a whole special case that was like dragging his paws into unfamiliar territory.

Oh, but he might as well congratulate Storm while he was here; he'd already had his moment with Berryshine, still feeling a proud glow in his chest after the meeting — and a rejuvenated faith in his Clan. It made his low, gruff voice soften ever so slightly when he spoke again. "Oh, and, ah... congratulations, Stormstar. On your name 'n the extra life from StarClan. You've more than earned all this. I'm... proud to call ya my leader now." And as awkward as he could be when saying more 'sentimental' things, he meant that; he had no doubt Stormstar would be just what RiverClan needed to reset after all this. He'd stood by the former deputy's side before, and he'd do it again now.

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
Request Healing | Medicine Den |(Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
a lot like the joker

Bump Policy: 48 hours [ please provide link ]

cobwebfern

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she / they . riverclan med cat app
21 moons . missing back leg
tags ; @taillow - stormy <333
tws for this post: none

cobwebfern poked her head into the den tentatively. ears pricked for danger she knew full well wasn't coming. blinking at the sudden light change as she stepped in to stormy's den, the newly named medicine cat apprentice opened her mouth to speak. ' hey, uh, dusk- stormy? can i call you stormy now? hi. i have some questions? ' she offered, smiling slightly.

cobwebfern is riverclan’s medicine cat apprentice !
she and berryshine have a semi-closed den policy .

request healingmedicine den
cobwebfernmed info
trackers
my character's thoughts and actions do not reflect my own <3
Old Today, 12:43 PM

My Mood: Cool

Quote:

A single ear flick was given to the question of what she wanted to be called, and she had to force her fur to not bristle at the mention of Snowleap. Hopefully a leader name was the only thing that she would ever had inc common with the mouse-hearted former leader... "'Ve got my leader name already - just came back from the Starcave," she mused, whiskers twitching briefly. "'S not Duskstar - StarClan figured it was time for a change 'n renamed me Stormstar." Each time she said it, it felt more and more smoother rolling off the tongue.

Wavebreaker

|43 Moons|

The dark warrior nodded back to his leader. A new name for a new era, Wavebreaker thought to himself hopefully. "Right..sorry Stormstar for not bringing this to your attention sooner, I should not have assumed that you would be told. That fault lies with me, it won't happen again." The toms voice was stern and reproachful, and he hoped his leader understood the sincerity of his words. But now for the second thing he had come to speak with Stormstar about. "Stormstar you were speaking earlier on how Starrykit could use a distraction earlier, that it might be a good thing to make her a paw. Well I can't help but feel the same way. His dark blue eyes were filled with resolve as he moved into his next statements one paw moving forward from his neutral stance. His body language couldn't deny that he really wanted this opportunity, but his feelings even surprised him to a degree. "I want to take on Starrykit as an apprentice, if you'll allow it mam. I know what it's like to be alone, and I know what it means to find a family, I found mine here in RiverClan."

His mind was on Irisdream, Kitepaw, Blizzardoak, and Pebblestorm. He wasn't related to any of them, save his daughter Kitepaw by blood. That did not matter to him, they were his family. His real kin could spend an eternity in the dark forest for all he cared, they had abandoned him when he needed them most. "I'll carry on the light my Clan has given me and turn Starrykit into a fine warrior, one who knows where her home really is and that its worth fighting for." Wavebreaker couldn't hold back the fire in his voice as his pelt pricked with emotion.

@taillow

I already got permission from @Wingnettle OOC to mentor her as well.

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; Today at 12:45 PM.
Old Today, 04:03 PM

My Mood: Cool

Quote:

It was entertaining in a way, watching how some of her Clanmates interacted with her. Some were singing praises and poking her for who she would pick as deputy, while others seemed to avoid her altogether. Stormstar had always been intrigued by the behavior of her Clanmates - and the way Blizzardoak entered her den was no different. She had been at the back, inspecting a small opening and scratching at it, when she heard paw steps enter her den. With how dark her fur was it was no surprise he didn't see her at first.

So when he turned, she twitched her whiskers in amusement and stepped forward. It seemed he heard her paw steps though and turned. "Yep - 'S Stormstar now, though." She tilted her head towards him, tabling her den inspection for now. "What's up?"

Blizzardoak

|60 Moons|

Perhaps it was the casual way his leader asked him, or maybe it was his prior doubts. But his false smile cracked and fell from his face into a frown. Blizzardoak couldn't meet her gaze, and his emerald eyes veered off to a random set of jutting rocks in the cave wall. She probably already knows anyway. The old warrior felt there was little point in his charade...after all Stormstar had traveled with Berrypaw to the StarCave. It was a long journey, and it was unlikely that it had been an entirely silent one. His voice was gruff, yet hushed and bleak. Reality seemed to be closing in around the old warrior as he let his voice escape from his throat. "I came here today, to insist that I be made a warrior officially again....heh." A rasp of air left his maw in a despondent half chuckle. Blizzardoak was still staring intensely at the wall, too embarrassed to let his leader see the emotion in his face."I was just going to lie to you and keep fighting until my leg gave out." He swallowed hard, "It was a foolish thought, StarClan has made it clear that my warrior days are behind me. I'm sure Berrypaw must have told you about the return of the infection in my leg."

His white fur felt hot with pulsating adrenaline and emotion writhing underneath it. He managed to break his gaze from the empty walls of the den and stared into the blue eyes of Stormstar. His voice rang heavy with sadness and his body quivered gently and pathetically. "I can't be like you. My life is full of lies." The misrepresented veteran let his head dip looking at the floor now. So much for enduring...Strikingshape must be so disappointed in me, here I am burdening my leader with my lowly whining...Just because I've been to dishonest with everyone else to tell the ones I love the truth. Even as he gave in to his fear and sorrow for the moment, it was still just so hard to accept that he would again be useless. Just a mouth to be fed by his clan, after he came so close to catching that sparrow the other day.

He wished childishly that Floodsight had never noticed, never perceived his lie. It was too late though, the damage was done. Now here he sat in the center of the cave, moping and staring at his jet black paws.

Currently asking squidzs permission to see if its ok to say Berries told you about the injury during Storm stars journey to the Starcave since the post involving his leg took place in the past. So please bear with me. I'll vm you when I get confirmation if that's ok.

Here is the thread

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; Today at 04:05 PM.
Old Today, 04:27 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Bored

Ospreydart walked by the den to listen for any fighting or anyone at all. "hmm" Osprey kept quiet for a couple of hours, waiting, and waiting. Ospreydart sighed as he was bored. After four hours of waiting he cleaned his paw pads as they had a small amount of sand in them, making him uncomfortable. "I don't like sand." He said as he shook sand of his fur.

Ospreydart poked his head inside the den impatiently "Is anybody home?" He asked. Osprey was spooked by the den, he never once came into the den for anything because he always kept to himself. "Why do I even go poking around places like this?" Ospreydart lowered himself into a crouch unable to move. It was as if he acted like a child. He took the dart in his name seriously and darted out of the den, breathing heavily. "Nope! Never! Nope!"
Old Today, 04:39 PM
that's very noice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPrime27 View Post
Ospreydart walked by the den to listen for any fighting or anyone at all. "hmm" Osprey kept quiet for a couple of hours, waiting, and waiting. Ospreydart sighed as he was bored. After four hours of waiting he cleaned his paw pads as they had a small amount of sand in them, making him uncomfortable. "I don't like sand." He said as he shook sand of his fur.

Ospreydart poked his head inside the den impatiently "Is anybody home?" He asked. Osprey was spooked by the den, he never once came into the den for anything because he always kept to himself. "Why do I even go poking around places like this?" Ospreydart lowered himself into a crouch unable to move. It was as if he acted like a child. He took the dart in his name seriously and darted out of the den, breathing heavily. "Nope! Never! Nope!"

Having been out in the clearing for quite a bit, keeping an eye on things and inspecting the new camp wall, Stormstar turned her head inqusitively as Ospreydart approached her den. She blinked curiosity as he seemed to stop outside of it, then poked his head in. Then he... crouched down? What in the hell was he doing??

Shaking her head the leader came up the rounded stone pathway that led to her den, but nearly had to backtrack as the warrior started to dart back out. "Woah, hey there," the RiverClan leader barked in surprise, moving to block his path. "What's got your fur spiked up? Didya need somethin'??" Her den was empty, just a normal cave with some sand on the bottom and her nest... was he really that terrified of... nothing?

[ hi! be sure to mention me when you post here, otherwise i won't see it. also a heads up, storm doesn't really like cats poking around her den when she's not there ^^ ]

Old Today, 04:43 PM
that's very noice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley !! View Post

cobwebfern

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she / they . riverclan med cat app
21 moons . missing back leg
tags ; @taillow - stormy <333
tws for this post: none

cobwebfern poked her head into the den tentatively. ears pricked for danger she knew full well wasn't coming. blinking at the sudden light change as she stepped in to stormy's den, the newly named medicine cat apprentice opened her mouth to speak. ' hey, uh, dusk- stormy? can i call you stormy now? hi. i have some questions? ' she offered, smiling slightly.

Another head popped into her den as Stormstar was taking a moment to rest, using her tail to sweep the sand back and forth. Her thoughts were a million miles away, trying to figure out what the next steps were. Otters, of course, but also new territory now that Lionsrange and Haven Springs had been let go of. Once she got a report back from Owls about how the new gravesite search had gone, Sleepy Thicket could go too.

"Hey Cobs," the gray-furred leader purred and gestured for her tail for her kid sister to come in. "Sure, go ahead 'n lay 'em on me," she yawned, turning to sit down and nod to indicate that she was welcome to come further into the den if she wanted to.

Old Today, 04:46 PM
that's very noice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paedyn View Post
Poppyburst - RiverClan Warrior
The Collector
Chill of Death
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2

Forest-green hues hardening at the sound of Stormstar´s voice, Poppyburst´s whiskers twitched irritably. They way she had haved Starrykit must have been reported. A silent growl rolling in her throat, she made her way in. ´´Yes?´´

[ @taillow ]

At least she didn't make her wait for long. Fixing the warrior with a cold glare, Stormstar let out a huff. "Knock that growl off, or I'll really give you somethin' to growl about." The audacity to enter the den when both the leader and warrior likely knew why she was being called in here was rich. She didn't need the attitude, not today. "What's this I hear about you disobeyin' orders 'n putting a kit in danger??"