Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Dawning Woods

Pondpaw - ShadowClan Apprentice
Silver Tongue Tier 2
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2
Mind Reader

69 / 100

Soon after she had buried her rabbit, Pondpaw spotted the tom - Hillstrider - and winced at his bleeding nose. ´´Your nose is bleeding, Hillstrider,´´ She mewed softly, blue eyes glistening with worry.

[ @Mica // @Rani // @Omari - 2 days until the patrols are due! ]

(When Grim gave her a necklace )
Old September 23rd, 2024, 12:03 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodacacia View Post

Palepaw
◆ ShadowClan | 6 moons | [42/100]

Devasted as he was, it seemed like Briarsplash still have some hope in him. Maybe not hope, but rather, the same frustration he was feeling. The boiling mix of confusion asking the star why couldn't he have gotten that. For it to escape so suddenly was outside Palepaw's most wild imagination and his imagination usually goes beyond him. Do cat's tail fall off too? Was that why his tail looks a little shorter? Between utter confusion and wanting success, Palepaw dropped into the crouch once more. He needed to get this right. Well.. it was not a need, more of a want. He didn't want to disappoint the Enforcer any further.

It's alright, it just means I need more practice. And practice was the Palepaw's second most favourite thing after learning. No...it would be the third. Second will always be climbing random things. His paws tread the forest floors silently. Once again, he was careful not to spook the mouse in front of him. He got this! With his mind refreshed and bright eyes focused on the mouse, he was ready.

This time, Briarsplash chased the mouse towards him and it was a weird feeling. Never would he have imagined seeing the mouse run straight at him.

[ Rolled a 7 ]
...his roleplayer would cry if Pale missed again so with the powers of having Briarsplash by his side, he's getting a +10 boost

[ Totally rolled a 17 ]
Success!

The mouse suddenly did a swerve and dodged Palepaw's first swipe. Of course. Did he expect the mouse to cozy up to him and run straight into his mouth? No of course, not!...actually...yeah, he kind of did by the way the mouse was originally running. Luckily this time he acted a little faster. The diluted calico swiped the mouse up into the air before biting down on it. 'I did it!' More like, they did it! His eyes were bright as padded up to Briarsplash, though he won't celebrate it too much. Afterall, he's yet to fully catch one by himself.

~ BRIARSPLASH ~
very large & fluffy dilute gray tortie she-cat with goldish-green eyes; just a scratch
[ shadowclan enforcer | she-cat | 27 moons | abrasive, standoffish, loyal ]

~

Briarsplash watched with bated breath as the mouse careened for the apprentice... and at once, something like an annoyed groan left her as it quickly dodged his claws. She was just about to grumble about how he'd even let that go when it had literally gone right into his paws—

But then, Palepaw surprised her. Eyes widening a bit in pleased surprise, the Enforcer watched as the apprentice quickly reacted and tossed the little creature into the air before biting its neck. She grinned, one of her sharp teeth poking out of her lip, letting out a huff of relieved satisfaction.

"Finally!"
She muttered exasperatedly, then quickly cleared her throat and straightened up. "I mean, uh... good work," she grumbled; she may not be the most graceful of cats, but bullying apprentices wasn't exactly her style. Even if she felt like she was gonna start ripping her fur out if this little guy didn't catch anything (especially for selfish pride reasons, though she wouldn't admit that, of course).

Briarsplash padded over and nudged the mouse, confirming it was dead. She flicked her plumed tail and nodded. "Your first catch, eh? Not entirely a solo one, but hey... we'll count it as somethin'," she mused. Even if it hadn't been entirely on his own, Briar knew well the thrill of catching something in your own claws for the first time. "Now we won't go home empty-pawed."

She narrowed her eyes and gazed around; their rustling had certainly chased away all the prey by now, and likely would be scattered farther out. And besides, her patience had been worn thin, despite her best efforts to keep it reasonable since this was a brand-new apprentice she was dealing with.

"Alright, kid... looks like we've scared away just about anything else we might find. Let's get you back before your mentor starts worryin' that I lost ya,"
she grunted, shaking out her pelt. "In the meantime, I wanna see you practicing any chance you get, y'hear me?" Her voice was stern, not anticipating any sort of answer other than a 'yes ma'am'. Thank the stars they at least had a mouse to bring back — even if she'd sort of cheesed it, her brief training session had still paid off, right?

With a flick of her tail, she managed a small grin, one last little test for the young 'paw. "C'mon... 'n don't drop your prize," she said in her raspy meow before leading the way back to camp; just like before, she started with a trot and then broke out into a run (still not too fast for the sake of his little legs, but enough that we was likely going to be sore tomorrow. He'd have to get rid of that kit-fluff softness sometime, right?).

[ that's so funny bc in my previous post i was actually gonna tell you to roll with advantage since briar was helping and forgot xD i love that ]

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
she and Cobwebfern have a semi-closed den policy.

Request Healing | Medicine Den | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:29 PM
Staring off into space

Bump Policy: 1-3 days, if important then few hours
My Mood: Angelic

Salmonshade went out of camp. She was going on a patrol with Darkice. She didn't really know him. She wished her sister Cherrywood was here. The warrior was sure they were going on a hunting patrol. She smelt DarkIce. "Hey! Ready for the patrol?" The young warrior asked him. "I'll let you lead." She fell back a bit so DarkIce could go ahead of her. @Honey_Dreamz [please forgive me for short starter. This is my first patrol.]
Old September 24th, 2024, 03:56 PM
the flower girl

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆

⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆
Midnightpath
Shadowclan
She/her
Purrks: Silver Tongue(active) & Hulk Smash(inactive)
Midnightpath prowled behind the young tom, although she stayed mindful so as to not frighten away any possible catches for the apprentice. The catches themselves were messy, but effective nevertheless. It was almost amusing. A dedicated kid, that one, even with what he may struggle with. Good traits for a warrior to have, in her humble opinion.

Her nose twitched at a familiar scent–a mouse? Yeah, definitely. Noting her current location as well as Bleedingpaw’s, she diverted from their trek together to track down the little bugger. Stalking along the forest floor, with her entire body level with the ground below, her green eyes finally landing on her prey. Jaws parting for a moment, she steadied herself on her paws before she pounced, landing with one of her paws pressing the mouse’s tail to the ground. Quick to put it out of it’s misery, she nipped at the back of it’s neck, causing a satisfying crack to follow.

Thank you, Starclan. Her green eyes shifted up to the sky for a moment before she continued. Burying the mouse in a shallow hole to return to later, she headed off again, this time tracking down the scent of a squirrel–unfortunately, it was just about to make it’s way up a tree when she had found it. Still, dedicated as ever, she slowly crept close until she noted the twitch of the squirrel’s ears. Wuhoh. She bunched up the muscles in her hind paws and sprang upward, one paw lifted to smack the squirrel down from where it had begun climbing the trunk of a tree. Down it went with a quiet thump, and Midnightpath came crashing down just over top of it, clamping her jaws down over it’s neck until she heard the familiar little snap.

After retrieving her mouse, she returned to where she had left Bleedingpaw, which wasn’t very far at all. “Lovely job, c’mon then, let’s head back to meet up with the other two, shall we?”

Not leaving much time for the apprentice to answer her rhetorical question, she already began leading him back to where they had last seen the other half of their patrol.

[ @Mica @paedyn @Rani - we’ve got an extension to the 28th, thank you for the reminder though, and also please bump before skipping post order ]
⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆

Drizzlecloud Midnightpath Smolderpaw Seedkit
Old September 24th, 2024, 05:20 PM
&lt;3

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

~ BRIARSPLASH ~
very large & fluffy dilute gray tortie she-cat with goldish-green eyes; just a scratch
[ shadowclan enforcer | she-cat | 27 moons | abrasive, standoffish, loyal ]

~

Briarsplash watched with bated breath as the mouse careened for the apprentice... and at once, something like an annoyed groan left her as it quickly dodged his claws. She was just about to grumble about how he'd even let that go when it had literally gone right into his paws—

But then, Palepaw surprised her. Eyes widening a bit in pleased surprise, the Enforcer watched as the apprentice quickly reacted and tossed the little creature into the air before biting its neck. She grinned, one of her sharp teeth poking out of her lip, letting out a huff of relieved satisfaction.

"Finally!"
She muttered exasperatedly, then quickly cleared her throat and straightened up. "I mean, uh... good work," she grumbled; she may not be the most graceful of cats, but bullying apprentices wasn't exactly her style. Even if she felt like she was gonna start ripping her fur out if this little guy didn't catch anything (especially for selfish pride reasons, though she wouldn't admit that, of course).

Briarsplash padded over and nudged the mouse, confirming it was dead. She flicked her plumed tail and nodded. "Your first catch, eh? Not entirely a solo one, but hey... we'll count it as somethin'," she mused. Even if it hadn't been entirely on his own, Briar knew well the thrill of catching something in your own claws for the first time. "Now we won't go home empty-pawed."

She narrowed her eyes and gazed around; their rustling had certainly chased away all the prey by now, and likely would be scattered farther out. And besides, her patience had been worn thin, despite her best efforts to keep it reasonable since this was a brand-new apprentice she was dealing with.

"Alright, kid... looks like we've scared away just about anything else we might find. Let's get you back before your mentor starts worryin' that I lost ya,"
she grunted, shaking out her pelt. "In the meantime, I wanna see you practicing any chance you get, y'hear me?" Her voice was stern, not anticipating any sort of answer other than a 'yes ma'am'. Thank the stars they at least had a mouse to bring back — even if she'd sort of cheesed it, her brief training session had still paid off, right?

With a flick of her tail, she managed a small grin, one last little test for the young 'paw. "C'mon... 'n don't drop your prize," she said in her raspy meow before leading the way back to camp; just like before, she started with a trot and then broke out into a run (still not too fast for the sake of his little legs, but enough that we was likely going to be sore tomorrow. He'd have to get rid of that kit-fluff softness sometime, right?).

[ that's so funny bc in my previous post i was actually gonna tell you to roll with advantage since briar was helping and forgot xD i love that ]

Palepaw
◆ ShadowClan | 6 moons | [46/100]

Yeah, Briarsplash was right. Not solo but it still counts as something. His first, unofficial catch! Palepaw nodded eagerly, with eyes full of new vigor and excitement. He'll do better next time. He definitely will! The pale calico was prepare to make that happen, and to do that, he'll be practicing a whole ton.

It was getting late and the forest was probably empty by now, just as he thought, Briarsplash had suggested the same thing. To go home. To practice. Palepaw smiled brightly with promise, "Of course! I'll practice so much that no birds, no lizards will escape next time!"

And practicing was a promise that he will keep. So he picked up the mouse, and followed Briasplash home. Once again, they were on the run.

[ feeling exactly like briar when it rolled a 7 ]

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old September 25th, 2024, 02:30 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Bleedingpaw
Shadowclan Apprentice | He/Him | 7 Moons
Just a Scratch | Shadow Fiend

It was kinda funny, for being the cat with the balance disability who literally was prone to flopping around and toppling over at the drop of a hat Hillstrider was getting more wounded then him. Guess he wasnt the weak link around here after all and Bleedingpaw went to collect his mouse and thrush with pride.
He could even show his Mama and all his siblings and tell them he was soooooooo cool and collected and did it all on his own!

Well.... One could suppose it could be posited he was cool and collected, at least until the bat.

Walking by this big dark hollow tree towering nearby, trying to grab his prey the flash of his bright blond pelt alerted something living there. The golden bengal fur.... it was.... to bright, to loud, to active and soon enough the little creature BURST from the dark at that brightness to get it to stop!
Which, of course, meant things went down immediately.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME!!!!!"

The little black form (no bigger then the apprentice head) of..... something had latched on and was not letting go, making this ungodly screeching noise that hurt Bleedingpaws ears and causing the golden bengal to flop around like a panicked fish trying to dislodge it.

Nothing worked, any help offered would meet an unfortunate result of getting smacked in the face by a wayward gold paw as Bleedingpaw writhed and thrashed around, limbs akimbo. No, in the end the only this to stop the 15 second panic was a lucky bite, Bleedingpaw crunching through critical bone leaving the bat dead on the floor. Because thats all it was in the end, a damn bat, not even a big scary dangerous one either.

The apprentice would be humiliated if he wasnt too busy wobbling to his paws, fur on end and scooping his caught prey to him, yelping "What was that thing!?" as one paw was leveled at the dead bat in front of him. Bleedingpaws fur was spiked in all directions, his vibe was harshed, he was rattled, he had no clue what just happened and he was about five seconds from deciding this wasnt worth it and running straight back to Mistlewhisker and the safety of the patrol place.

@Omari @Mica @paedyn [1 mouse, 1 thrush, 1 bat]

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!
Old September 25th, 2024, 06:51 AM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Bored

Pondpaw - ShadowClan Apprentice
Silver Tongue Tier 2
Kitty Softpaws Tier 2
Mind Reader

71 / 100

Pondpaw´s ears flattened at the sounds of the bat´s screech and Bleedingpaw´s combined. Whenever it had stopped, the apprentice grasped her rabbit and padded over. ´´A bat,´´ She mewed, tail tip flicking. ´´Tuftedtusk and I ran into one while we were hunting one time.´´

Her ears perked up at the sounds of rustling, and a familiar scent hit the former RiverClanner´s nose. Blackbird.

Eyes sparkling with excitement, Pondpaw leaped the undergrowth easily. She landed square on her quarry - a blackbird, as she had suspected - and killed it quickly with a swift bite to the back of its neck. With a purr, she jumped back over to Midnightpath, Hillstrider, and Bleedingpaw, setting her blackbird down beside her rabbit.

[ + 1 Blackbird ]

[ @Omari // @Mica // @Rani ]

(When Grim gave her a necklace )
Old September 25th, 2024, 08:24 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hillstrider
ShadowClan Warrior
he/him | 23 moons
[Big fluffy orange tabby with yellow eyes]
Purrks: Heightened Perception (Hearing)
· · ────────────── · ·
[Midnightpath - @Omari ] [Pondpaw - @paedyn ] [Bleedingpaw - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hillstrider blinked as Pondpaw mentioned his nose was bleeding, the sunshine tom wincing as he tried to mumble around his catches. Oo, he might have to check in with Mossfreckle. His face really hurt. But! At least he got the lizard to show for it!

Speaking of lizards... Hillstrider caught a glimpse of something reptile-looking out of the corner of his eye. Pondpaw, Midnightpath and Bleedingpaw seemed to be still hunting, so the tom carefully dropped his catches and tip-toed closer to whatever was in the bushes.

Wait a second... that wasn't a lizard! Hillstrider frowned. That was the second snake he saw on this patrol. Sure, snakes weren't exactly uncommon, but... and wait just another second... Oh. "Hey guys," Hillstrider called, glancing over his shoulder at the rest of his patrol. "Check this out but don't get too close." The warrior eyed the bush again, noting the four other snake tails he could see. He didn't know which ones were poisonous, if any of them were, but this was odd.

He returned to the group and picked up his prey, once again flinching at the pain that blossomed across his face. Ough! Owch! "I've never seen so many snakes in one place--it must be a snake party."

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)

Last edited by Mica; September 25th, 2024 at 08:25 PM.
Old September 26th, 2024, 04:48 AM
~the king of heartbreak~

Bump Policy: please wait at least 7 hours to bump unless urgent or told otherwise! pls bump, im rather forgetful
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Cry View Post
Salmonshade went out of camp. She was going on a patrol with Darkice. She didn't really know him. She wished her sister Cherrywood was here. The warrior was sure they were going on a hunting patrol. She smelt DarkIce. "Hey! Ready for the patrol?" The young warrior asked him. "I'll let you lead." She fell back a bit so DarkIce could go ahead of her. @Honey_Dreamz [please forgive me for short starter. This is my first patrol.]

╔═════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═════╗
A large, dark gray tom with white-tipped ears, paws, face, and tail and amber eyes.
Darkice
He/him ShadowClan Warrior 42 moons
❝ Who care what happens to me? If my Clan is happy, that's all I want. ❞
╚═════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═════╝
With a nod, Darkice walked ahead a bit. He has to lead a patrol this time? Whatever, at least it was only one other cat. He padded forward before catching the scent of a rat nearby. He crouched down quietly, weight on his haunches to avoid startling the prey away. Darkice moved forward ever so slightly, his paws making nearly no sound on the ground, before pouncing forward as the little rat was distracted. He'd caught the rat with little trouble, claws digging into it momentarily before he clenched it in his jaw. "Good," he mumbled, barely audible due to the fact prey was in his mouth.

❝ If you're lonely, come be lonely with me. ❞
Please read my RP policies!
Darkice = Agatha Kitty | Fallpaw = Heightened Perception (Hearing) | Topaz = Honed Skill (unused) | Honeypetal = Primal Instincts. All active.
WIP character site! | Looking for interactions? Check out my interactions finder!
Old September 26th, 2024, 07:04 PM
the flower girl

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆

⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆
Midnightpath
Shadowclan
She/her
Purrks: Silver Tongue(active) & Hulk Smash(inactive)
The sharp cries from Bleedingpaw had Midnightpath reeling from where she had been ahead of him, dropping her catches to instead swerve around to come to the kid's aid. She paused in her tracks, however, lips that had been curled into a snarl slowly returning to where they usually rest, upon realising that it was just a bat.

“Bleedingpaw, let me just—oomph! A paw to the face was what she received, so she stepped back with her head tipped to the side, face drooping with an almost weary frown. In an almost comical manner, she watched the tousle between the tom and the bat, seeing as she couldn't quite wedge her way in between them and the bat posed not much harm other than some loud shrieking. When the whole debacle finally came to an end, she suppressed a sigh as best as she could.

“Mhm, Pondpaw is right, a bat. Apologies, I would have helped but I just got a face full of paw.” She sidled up beside the young tom, hoping that her immediate presence would offer him a bit of comfort, though she did nothing more. Touch and comfort was not one of her strengths, if at all.

And then, as if to top it off, a little family of snakes had been spotted. Delightful. She opted not to step too close herself, flicking her tail gently towards the direction of their camp. “How's about we head home before we run into any more trouble? Make sure you have all of your catches. Hillstrider, take up the rear, please?”

Picking up her catches off of the ground where she had dropped them, she lashed her tail to signify that she was heading off, and began to lead her patrol back to camp.
[ @Mica @paedyn @Rani - ending this patrol here, I'll report in a moment ]
⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆。゚⋆

Drizzlecloud Midnightpath Smolderpaw Seedkit

Last edited by Omari; September 26th, 2024 at 07:05 PM.