Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Undercrag
by dino.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:24 PM
Weevilkit Finder!!
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 02:21 PM
StarClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Today 02:21 PM
September Gathering
Last post by Luna16
Today 02:20 PM
squish squeak squish...
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 02:17 PM

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
Jet planes can’t keep up

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Riftpaw and Beaverpaw's Training

Duskleaf

22 Moons | He/Him | Agatha Kitty

RiverClan Warrior

Despite everything that had went down recently, Duskleaf was looking forward to training his apprentices on RiverClan territory for the first time. So, taking Beaverpaw and Riftpaw into RiverClan's normal territory for the first time, Duskleaf was looking forward to the peace and quiet of the territory, away from many cats who undoubtedly hated him now. Would he ever regain their trust after what happened? StarClan knows, but Duskleaf knew he had to move on with his life now. Sad as he was to no longer be Head Lionheart, life still goes on regardless. What’s done is done, and now it was time to move on. Regardless though, these were two cats he really didn’t want to lose the trust of, that would be heartbreaking. So he knew he ought to apologise for what he'd caused, since it did affect every cat.

"Beaverpaw, Riftpaw…I just want to say I'm sorry, it was a stupid mistake on my part and it endangered every cat." For a moment he stopped, considering what Dusklion said about the possibility of WindClan being out for more blood. He'd already lost one apprentice to something WindClan started, which he still felt guilty for even moons later. This time, he would make sure his apprentices could fight in case WindClan did pay a visit. "Because of my mistake, WindClan know we're staying at the twoleg den, so I really want to make sure you two can defend yourselves." Last time things hadn’t gone as well as he'd hoped, Riftpaw missed when he tried to jump onto Duskleaf's back, and although Beaverpaw did manage it, he couldn’t really hold on either. Maybe Duskleaf had started with the wrong thing, but that one he could really just explain to them rather than have them do it.

"I'm sure you both remember the leap and hold technique, although we don’t have to do that one again, just as long as you know what to do, then you’re grand. This time I’m gonna show you something similar, but it doesn’t involve jumping." Duskleaf made his way over to a tree that was very close by, even if it wasn’t a cat, he could use it to demonstrate how this technique worked. A twig hanging low from the tree would be perfect!

"So, listen carefully here. For this one, you need to get a good grip with your teeth on your opponent’s leg, tail, ears, scruff, anything you can get ahold of. Similar to the leap and hold technique, except with this you’re able to use your claws. It also limits your opponent's movement, if you managed to get ahold of one of their ears, you can inflict some pretty serious damage." Heck, a cat could even get a killing bite in if they managed that. Oh yeah, that reminded him. "Now, you're both good cats, so I don’t think I have to say this to you, but just to be clear, you should only ever kill another cat if you have no other choice. There's no honour in killing a cat who's defeated. I'm sure you already know that, but I just wanted to make sure." Now, back to demonstrating this move. "Anyway, I’ll demonstrate this technique, pretend this tree is…a WindClan invader or something, whatever works." With his teeth he grabbed ahold of the twig that hung just about in line with his head, then he unleashed his claws upon the tree bark, tearing into it as though it was an enemy cat on the battlefield, a glint of amusement in his eye as he did so. It was kinda fun after all. "Haha! Now this cat'll think twice about intruding on our territory!" He purred happily with a little laugh, yeah this was actually quite fun!

@Idiotic.Bean101 @TanghuluCat [Sorry this took so long! Decided to start a new session rather than continue the last since quite a lot’s happened since and I've seen that half-finished session mentioned as being not completed so we can just start again with a new session!]
On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond!"

Old Today, 09:03 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired

-‘๑’- RIFTPAW | 6 MOONS | HE/HIM -‘๑’-
split half solid black, half brown tabby with icy blue eyes
header by @/dino.

✮ ⋆ ˚。

Padding silently next to his mentor, sticking close, Riftpaw listened as Duskleaf apologized. Riftpaw knew he wasn’t very good at comforting others, so instead he let his pelt brush against the gray pelt of Duskleaf, letting a purr rumble in his throat. He didn’t see why it was such a big deal. Of course, it was never good that an enemy Clan knew where they were staying, but Riftpaw was too young and inexperienced to realize the gravity of the situation. Even if he wasn’t, he already found himself fond of his mentor. He didn’t treat him any different than Beaverpaw or anyone else despite his odd and somewhat unsettling demeanor.

The young tom’s ears flattened as the leaping technique was brought up. He failed that miserably. He couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous of Beaverpaw in that regard. He picked it up so naturally. However, it also sparked admiration towards the other apprentice.

Riftpaw listened and watched intently as Duskleaf demonstrated his attack on WindClan on a small tree. The warrior seemed to be enjoying himself. Maybe he would too?

[ RIFTPAW ROLLED A 13 ]

Dropping into a crouch, the apprentice slunk up the tree before launching himself at the bark. He scored his claws down one side, eyes lighting up with something akin to glee…but then his claw got stuck. He yelped as he tumbled backwards after tugging away too hard. He took a look at his paw and thankfully nothing seemed or felt injured. He would try again.

[ RIFTPAW ROLLED A 7 ]

…an epic fail. He went to bite the twig that Duskleaf had been attacking, and received a small cut on the inside of his cheek in return. ”Ow!” He jumped back again, whiskers and tail twitching in visible irritation. He was not going to give up yet.

[ RIFTPAW ROLLED A 5 ]

Clearly agitated from his earlier failed attempts, the tom clumsily launched himself back at the tree, aiming for the twig again. He missed, and he bumped it square in the nose. He huffed, embarrassment burning his pelt as he huffed, turning away from Duskleaf and Beaverpaw and tearing at the ground.

( @Concorde @Idiotic.Bean101 - works with me!! Poor Rift is going to be an underdog warrior at this rate

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Brokenstream is one of RiverClan's Lionhearts! He is OPEN to any RP

FORMERLY JELLYCAT

Last edited by TanghuluCat; Today at 09:03 AM.
Old Today, 11:31 AM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Beaverpaw-He/Him
7 Moons
34/100

-------------------

"It's... it's okay, it's not like you did it on purpose." Beaverpaw made an attempt at reassuring words. But he wasn't good at them.
He really didn't believe Duskleaf should've been demoted.

Anyway, Duskleaf was now showing them an attack move.
So... they had to attack a tree.

He watched Riftpaw try first.
Oh.
Once Riftpaw was finished, Beaverpaw was trying to find more reassuring words, but he was so bad at that kind of thing.
After he couldn't find any, he decided to just go ahead and do it himself.

[Roll=6]
Beaverpaw had creeped up to the tree, and instead of clawing it in time as he pounced, he accidentally slammed his face into it.

He backed up and shook his head off.
Ouch.
Okay, maybe trying to bite the bark will go better?
[Roll=11]
It did go better, at least a bit.
He jumped up and hooked his teeth around it, using his claws on the tree to stay up.
Then he slipped a little and had to quickly let go, spitting out a bit of bark.

Well.
That whole thing could've gone better.

@Concorde - @TanghuluCat

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan), The Collector-Dewfawn(WindClan)