Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Moonraven
Today 04:07 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by v4mp6re_b1t3
Today 04:06 PM
OUTBREAK!
by BEAR.
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 04:02 PM
Mourning Ruins
by pidgeon
Last post by Kix
Today 03:42 PM

Old Today, 12:43 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Meetings (August 20, 2024 & August 31, 2024)

Fishfreckle

Go With the Flow | Silver Tongue (T1) [Perm] | Mind Reader [Perm]

Of course things devolved into chaos. What would a RiverClan meeting be without something going to absolute hell. He didn’t understand it. Why did Fadingbutt have to make a big show of everything? If it were up to him, he’d have just killed Duskleaf and been done with it. After all, it made no sense to keep someone who couldn’t keep their mouth shut not only in a position of power but in the clan as well. They were a liability, and there was nothing Fishfreckle loathed more than uncertainties and traitors.

He of course didn’t get around to moving for the vote before Fadingsun called it off. Whatever, this is what happened when you made things so public. That was a decision he should have made in private before telling the clan of the details — though there was no need to elaborate to a bunch of randoms anyways. Gosh all this noise made his head pound. There were cats calling for Duskleaf to get his tongue removed, which while valid, wasn’t enough in his eyes. The former head Lionheart should be slain in public view in order to dissuade other cats from making that same mistake.

What a shame. Eyes scanning the clan, he noticed he wasn’t alone in the back. Dusklion was here. Hmmm… Dusklion… Duskleaf…

Fishfreckle blinked. Twice. Connections were being made in his swimming pool of a brain as he began piecing together the bigger picture. Before he knew it, the small framed tom made his way over to the deputy and wordlessly plopped himself right next to her. He didn’t say anything, not at first. He didn’t need to. There was something about just his presence that seemed to put other cats on edge, especially those in power. He was a calculating little cat, observing in silence before exploding like the calm before the storm.

”I reckon it’s something about the name.” He said in a hushed whisper, not looking away from the clan’s leader ”Perhaps we’ll see a decrease in the name Dusk- for incoming kits. What do you think hmmm? Two cats who bare the name have put their clan in a precarious position.”

Bright green eyes turned to give Dusklion a disinterested glance. ”I like you, y’know. Or I tolerate you at the very least. I favor you more than… some others.” His gaze flicked towards Fadingleader for a second before returning to his sister. ”Odd, isn’t it? You were once in a similar position — arguably doing something worse, yet here you stand casting your vote against someone despite keeping your own position. A bit hypocritical, no? It’s almost as if there’s some kind of… hmm perhaps I shouldn’t say it.” He said as if mulling it over. She’d get what he was implying even if he didn’t say it. Plus, no one was back here to hear their discussion anyway, it was fine.

Keeping that same hushed tone, his eyes narrowed a bit. ”This is the same thing Larkwing had to deal with while she was leader. Keep this in mind, Little Lion: The actions of the few dictate the consequences for the many. I advise you to remember that going forward, I’d not like a repeat of the last few moons. You and your brother must reign in our dreadful clanmates, but that doesn’t mean you must rule with no compassion. I prefer your style when it comes to that regard, but smh more careless mistakes from you or those that the two of you put in power may have a negative effect on the rest of us.”

Scrutinizingly, he scanned her for any kind of reaction before continuing with his monologue. ”You cast your vote for demotion, yet you yourself are still deputy. The others will take note of this and it’s up to you to weather that storm. At the end of the day, everyone has their own value. Your brother for whatever reason decided that you were valuable and still held use, whereas he decided the opposite for Duskleaf. I advise that if your position comes into question that you remind the others of your loyalty and devotion for RiverClan. I advise that you show that you are worthy of not just your position, but our respect. Don’t be a failure, I grow tired of seeing our leaders crumble under pressure.”

Though his words were mixed with both criticism and advice, his tone remained flat and silent enough that anyone not in their direct vicinity wouldn’t hear. He’d once told Larkwing something similar, same with Birdsnow and Fadingbutt. It was Dusklion’s turn. As removed from the clan as he had been in recent moons, he was aware that many of his clanmates weren’t happy with the siblings for one reason or another. He was also well aware that Dusklion was the more popular of the duo. If she were to one day be leader, she would have to decide how she would lead this ragtag group of gremlins. That would have to start now. Would she be a hypocrite? Or would she follow in her brother’s paw steps and leave little leeway for dissent? Perhaps she’d grow to be compassionate for others and treat the clan as a family. Regardless, he was interested in both her reaction, and how she would act going forward.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; Today at 12:51 PM.
Old Today, 01:44 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Starrykit
Riverclan | 3 moons
Mind Reader

Starrykit was crouched in her nest, which unfortunately found itself near the nursery entrance. She could never get enough silence.
Her ears twitched. Fadingstar's words were rough and high-pitched. Was he angry?
She kept hearing the same name in many cats' mouths. Duskleaf. Duskleaf. Duskleaf. Who was this Duskleaf?
She didn't care.
Nothing mattered anymore.

She closed her clouded eyes again, ignoring her stomach rumbling, and fell into a dreamless, long sleep.

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old Today, 02:10 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Fanatic

— STAGHEART —

very large, muscular, & scarred light brown tabby tom with stark blue eyes and a torn ear; killer aptitude 3 | just a scratch

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 53 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart's eyes had narrowed as he listened, and while the entire Clan had been shifting around, he found himself stuck in place for awhile. No, it wasn't like the tom to be indecisive; quite the opposite, in fact. But he was torn between his loyalty (to a fault) and the logical sense that predominated his warrior mind: the cat had put them in danger. He should be punished. Yet Duskleaf was also a respectable, honorable warrior whom Stagheart had gladly been following, especially when he'd stepped up during Fadingstar's illness... there weren't too many other cats that the scarred tom would consider worthy enough for the position. And then he remembered Dusklion's trial, how he'd loyally stood at her side, promoting her to stay as deputy. So... wouldn't it only make sense to do the same now?

The tom was just starting to put a paw down to head towards the right... maybe the left... when Fadingstar's voice rang out again. So there was no more trial, nor choice... just demotion. Stagheart glanced at Duskleaf and saw the immense relief in the tom, his whiskers twitching. Seemed that the ex-Head Lionheart just wanted to be spared from all this division and trouble on his behalf.. Stagheart settled back down, watching in silence, his mind buzzing as he considered the implications of their location being revealed and Fadingstar's words as he continued.

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 11 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Oh, dear... Berrypaw had no clue what to do at first, simply hovering there and looking rather confused... what should she do? It felt rather mean and wrong to demote a cat for a mistake, but at the same time, she understood what they were saying... and the thought of WindClan knowing where they were, that they now had information that could potentially launch another attack on them... it made the medicine cat apprentice shiver. But just like Stagheart, she had hesitated a bit too long, her head flicking between the cats that were shouting at each other. Oh, and Cobwebfern had gone left... should she have gone too..?

Paralyzed by indecision, Berrypaw was standing there almost awkwardly until Fadingstar continued — and her shoulders practically sagged with relief. Okay, good... she didn't want to have to choose. She settled back down on her haunches, leaning against Stagheart for comfort and silently watched the rest of the meeting, still trembling a bit as the weight of the situation descended on her head...

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!
Request Healing | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den