Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Grab a lottery ticket while supplies last!
The winner(s) will receive up to 10,000 Koins.

Pounce on these prompts to catch some summer fun!

RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by paedyn
Today 07:05 AM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by v4mp6re_b1t3
Today 06:54 AM
Abandoned Twoleg Den (All...
Last post by paedyn
Today 06:47 AM
spooky scary stories send...
by wolfie
Last post by ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Today 06:43 AM
Flowers & Hawks (kit...
Last post by RamenThePigeon
Today 06:32 AM

Old August 14th, 2024, 06:05 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Rugged Range

-‘๑’- RIFTPAW | 6 MOONS | HE/HIM -‘๑’-
split half solid black, half brown tabby with icy blue eyes
header by @/dino.

✮ ⋆ ˚。

Riftpaw shook his head in response to his mentor asking if he had ever been to Rugged Range. He had never even heard of the place. But by StarClan did he feel like his paws were going to fall off walking here. It seemed so out of the way- what did RiverClan even need with this stretch of territory anyways? Not that he was actually going to say anything out loud to that. Not to his mentor, and especially not to the Head Lionheart.

( @Concorde | @Idiotic.Bean101 )

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Brokenstream is one of RiverClan's Lionhearts! He is OPEN to any RP

FORMERLY JELLYCAT
Old August 14th, 2024, 10:01 AM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Beaverpaw-He/Him
6 Moons
19/100

-----------------

Wow this place definitely fit the name.
He didn't like it very much.

"No.." Beaverpaw answered Duskleaf's question about the place quietly, like usual.
Also, when Duskleaf said it should be all clear, Beavedpaw was pretty happy to hear that.

@Concorde - @TanghuluCat

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan)
Old August 14th, 2024, 05:10 PM
Jet planes can’t keep up

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Duskleaf

21 Moons | He/Him | No purrks

RiverClan Head Lionheart

Oh, so neither of them had been here before? It made sense considering how young they’d have been when RiverClan had to leave their territory after that massacre. The walk out to Rugged Range was quite long, and so Duskleaf decided to explain a little bit about it to pass the time on the way there. This was the perfect opportunity to teach a bit of clan history too!

"Many moons ago, long before I was born, Rugged Range belonged to SkyClan. Some of the elders might remember SkyClan, probably although I’m not entirely sure. But basically what happened was that SkyClan had a period of decline, and when it got bad enough, they merged into RiverClan. As a result, we got their territory too, including Rugged Range." As he explained, Duskleaf realised that it certainly was possible that some SkyClan cats could still be alive now, it was a long time ago but it wasn’t ancient history. A lot of RiverClan cats could have SkyClan heritage too. He'd never really thought that much about it until now.

Finally arriving at Rugged Range, Duskleaf dropped to the ground and started rolling around, not only was it great for scratching his back, it helped mark his scent too. Standing up again, he briefly stopped to clean his fur off a bit first. Messy fur he could live with, dirty on the other paw? That was an absolute no-no. "Right, it’s a long walk back so if you guys want to rest here before we leave, I don’t mind at all." He offered.

@TanghuluCat @Idiotic.Bean101

Art by @/Willowfern!
Old August 15th, 2024, 08:35 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired

-‘๑’- RIFTPAW | 6 MOONS | HE/HIM -‘๑’-
split half solid black, half brown tabby with icy blue eyes
header by @/dino.

✮ ⋆ ˚。

Riftpaw nodded silently as his mentor gave them a short history lesson. "SkyClan?" He echoed, brows furrowing. Were they cats who could fly? That seemed impossible. If any of them had merged with RiverClan, surely he would have seen a skill like that. The apprentice shrugged, following his mentor in marking along the border. The RiverClan scent that was there before was very stale, almost undetectable, but there. It was a somewhat easy guideline for him to follow in this new place.

Icy blue eyes followed Duskleaf as he paused to groom his fur, and quickly Riftpaw did the same. He couldn't go back looking like a messy kit next to Beaverpaw and Duskleaf. "I'm ready."

( @Idiotic.Bean101 | @Concorde )

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Brokenstream is one of RiverClan's Lionhearts! He is OPEN to any RP

FORMERLY JELLYCAT
Old August 15th, 2024, 09:13 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Beaverpaw-He/Him
6 Moons
20/100

-----------------

"Why were they called SkyClan?" Beaverpaw asked curiously as they walked.

Beaverpaw followed the other two in marking the border, since he had no idea what he was doing.

He also copied in the grooming.
He hoped he got it all right.

@Concorde - @TanghuluCat

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan)
Old August 22nd, 2024, 05:22 PM
Jet planes can’t keep up

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Duskleaf

21 Moons | He/Him | Agatha Kitty

RiverClan Head Lionheart

With the remarking done, Duskleaf turned his head as Riftpaw asked about SkyClan. "Yes! There used to be five clans instead of four!" Then he heard Beaverpaw ask a question as well, about how SkyClan got their name. "They were called SkyClan because their cats could jump really high! They had rougher skin on their pads so they wouldn't hurt themselves walking on this ground constantly. In fact it's a pretty good way of telling whether or not a cat is descended from SkyClan."

He raised his own paw a little, and turned it a little bit, enough that the apprentices could see one of his pads. "I'm not descended from SkyClan at all, as you can see." He said. 'I am descended from ThunderClan though.' Duskleaf added silently in his mind. That fact still blew his mind, it didn’t make any sense at all and yet; it was true.

The return journey wasn’t really eventful either, Duskleaf spent most of it looking around at the scenery on the way back. Talking about SkyClan did make him think about it, how really it wasn’t that long ago when you consider it.

"Right. Well done both of you! You did well there!" Duskleaf said as he got closer to the twoleg den again.

@TanghuluCat @Idiotic.Bean101 [Up to you if you want to post again, not really necessary though!]

Art by @/Willowfern!
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

The scent of RiverClan here was so stale, but Wisteriawren could have sworn she hadn't gone... that... far... from... Oh, she was melting. A giggle tickled the back of her throat as she stumbled a step. "Melting." Wisteriawren repeated to herself, finding the word ridiculous. "Like fluffy... white... stuff... falling from the sky..." She panted, not sure why she was talking to herself as she stumbled another step.

Was it just her, or was it hot here? Her mouth was thirsty. The rocks looked funny. Or was the word fuzzy? Oh no, that was just everything. Everything looked fuzzy. Even her vision was blurring, dizziness washing over her. Maybe she should... Oh... that was a nice boulder... it was getting closer...

And the rocks beneath her were burning... And so was her pelt...

Crashing into the side of said boulder as Wisteriawren managed to trip over her own paws, the ex-kittypet stood there for a dazed moment, heart tripping over itself as her paws had as it beat ever faster. There was something odd about this situation, but Wisteriawren couldn't put her paw on what.

Maybe it was...
...it was...

Oh, everything was turning... black... or was it dark..? Her last thoughts were gibberish as she slumped against the boulder, half cast in it's shade, losing consciousness to heatstroke.

[ Open! ]

Leaving them feeling betrayed.
Breaking the bonds that you've made.
Old Today, 03:32 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

The scent of RiverClan here was so stale, but Wisteriawren could have sworn she hadn't gone... that... far... from... Oh, she was melting. A giggle tickled the back of her throat as she stumbled a step. "Melting." Wisteriawren repeated to herself, finding the word ridiculous. "Like fluffy... white... stuff... falling from the sky..." She panted, not sure why she was talking to herself as she stumbled another step.

Was it just her, or was it hot here? Her mouth was thirsty. The rocks looked funny. Or was the word fuzzy? Oh no, that was just everything. Everything looked fuzzy. Even her vision was blurring, dizziness washing over her. Maybe she should... Oh... that was a nice boulder... it was getting closer...

And the rocks beneath her were burning... And so was her pelt...

Crashing into the side of said boulder as Wisteriawren managed to trip over her own paws, the ex-kittypet stood there for a dazed moment, heart tripping over itself as her paws had as it beat ever faster. There was something odd about this situation, but Wisteriawren couldn't put her paw on what.

Maybe it was...
...it was...

Oh, everything was turning... black... or was it dark..? Her last thoughts were gibberish as she slumped against the boulder, half cast in it's shade, losing consciousness to heatstroke.

[ Open! ]

Dusklion - RiverClan Deputy

Normally the deputy would not have come this way - the last thing she wanted to feel was the rocky mountains under paw - but the walk towards Lionsrange had always been a nice one. The trees were green and the sky was blue and the sun was a bright yellow ball in the sky. No clouds were out today though, and birds sang high above her as she craned her neck to take it all in. Greenleaf was unfurling before her eyes still and she smiled lightly. Each day she was getting stronger and stronger, recovering from her illness. It had been some time since she had just gone on a walk like this to enjoy the beauty of RiverClan's natural territory around her, and she intended to soak in every minute of it.

She hadn't intended to go further past the tree line, and was about to turn around when a familiar scent caught her attention. Was that... "Wispy?" she called, unable to help from slipping into the nickname she used to call her friend(?). Blue eyes blinked as she glanced around, wondering where she was. Not around here, but the scent lead towards...

"Why in the stars do you miss the mountains?" the deputy chuckled under her breath as she began to track the she-cat's scent, tail waving in the air behind her. It was steadily growing stronger as her paws stepped onto the stony surface of the range, ignoring the sudden change in temperature by just letting a soft hiss slip through gritted teeth.

Out here the sun felt hotter and before long Dusklion found herself looking around subconsciously for water while also tracking Wisteriawren. With her dark fur the heat of the sun felt suffocating, and she was about to just yell louder for her friend when -

"WISTERIAWREN?"

Immediately forgetting her own uncomfortableness the deputy broke into a sprint at the sight of the unmoving figure of her friend. Reaching her side she scrambled to a halt and nosed her flank once, twice, three times. "Hey, you can't nap out here, silly. C'mon, get up. What're you doin?" Trying to keep the panic out of her voice the deputy nudged her friend a few more times with no response. Muttering a few curses under her breath when there was no reaction, Dusklion looked around. There was a stream back near the trees, and water...

But she couldn't just leave her here.

"Hang on." Positioning herself next to her friend the deputy grabbed ahold of her scruff and gave a grunt as she worked to haul her onto her back. Her legs shook with the extra weight - starsdammed illness - but she refused to let them buckle as she readjusted Wisteriawren on her back. "You're okay, I got you..." With one last pause to see if she would wake up or not, Dusklion took off as fast as she could back towards the treeline.

It was difficult to get there with the extra weight but eventually the shade of the trees covered. The heat, plus carrying Wisteriawren... it had taken its toll on the deputy as her legs struggled to carry her closer to the stream. Eventually they did buckle about a tree-length from it, collapsing on the ground with Wisteriawren still on her back. "Just... wait here..." came the breathless reply as she hauled herself out from under her friend, ignoring the way her muscles screamed in protest as she bolted towards the stream.

Making quick work of snagging some moss nearby and hauling tail back towards her friend, Dusklion immediately began to try and drip the water onto her maw, then onto parts of her face. She didn't know if any of this would work, but... "Come on... come on..."

[ @Rose - I HAD TO TOSS HER IN let me know if the powerplay of dusk picking her up is okay, if not i can edit! ^^ ]

#duskbingo24

"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Old Today, 05:00 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Dusklion - RiverClan Deputy

Normally the deputy would not have come this way - the last thing she wanted to feel was the rocky mountains under paw - but the walk towards Lionsrange had always been a nice one. The trees were green and the sky was blue and the sun was a bright yellow ball in the sky. No clouds were out today though, and birds sang high above her as she craned her neck to take it all in. Greenleaf was unfurling before her eyes still and she smiled lightly. Each day she was getting stronger and stronger, recovering from her illness. It had been some time since she had just gone on a walk like this to enjoy the beauty of RiverClan's natural territory around her, and she intended to soak in every minute of it.

She hadn't intended to go further past the tree line, and was about to turn around when a familiar scent caught her attention. Was that... "Wispy?" she called, unable to help from slipping into the nickname she used to call her friend(?). Blue eyes blinked as she glanced around, wondering where she was. Not around here, but the scent lead towards...

"Why in the stars do you miss the mountains?" the deputy chuckled under her breath as she began to track the she-cat's scent, tail waving in the air behind her. It was steadily growing stronger as her paws stepped onto the stony surface of the range, ignoring the sudden change in temperature by just letting a soft hiss slip through gritted teeth.

Out here the sun felt hotter and before long Dusklion found herself looking around subconsciously for water while also tracking Wisteriawren. With her dark fur the heat of the sun felt suffocating, and she was about to just yell louder for her friend when -

"WISTERIAWREN?"

Immediately forgetting her own uncomfortableness the deputy broke into a sprint at the sight of the unmoving figure of her friend. Reaching her side she scrambled to a halt and nosed her flank once, twice, three times. "Hey, you can't nap out here, silly. C'mon, get up. What're you doin?" Trying to keep the panic out of her voice the deputy nudged her friend a few more times with no response. Muttering a few curses under her breath when there was no reaction, Dusklion looked around. There was a stream back near the trees, and water...

But she couldn't just leave her here.

"Hang on." Positioning herself next to her friend the deputy grabbed ahold of her scruff and gave a grunt as she worked to haul her onto her back. Her legs shook with the extra weight - starsdammed illness - but she refused to let them buckle as she readjusted Wisteriawren on her back. "You're okay, I got you..." With one last pause to see if she would wake up or not, Dusklion took off as fast as she could back towards the treeline.

It was difficult to get there with the extra weight but eventually the shade of the trees covered. The heat, plus carrying Wisteriawren... it had taken its toll on the deputy as her legs struggled to carry her closer to the stream. Eventually they did buckle about a tree-length from it, collapsing on the ground with Wisteriawren still on her back. "Just... wait here..." came the breathless reply as she hauled herself out from under her friend, ignoring the way her muscles screamed in protest as she bolted towards the stream.

Making quick work of snagging some moss nearby and hauling tail back towards her friend, Dusklion immediately began to try and drip the water onto her maw, then onto parts of her face. She didn't know if any of this would work, but... "Come on... come on..."

[ @Rose - I HAD TO TOSS HER IN let me know if the powerplay of dusk picking her up is okay, if not i can edit! ^^ ]

#duskbingo24

She barely registered being lifted, carried, and then dumped. Well, the last one did rouse her a bit purely because of how jarring it felt. It wasn’t until there was a sound like a bee buzzing (cough, a voice that was so muffled while her brain was muddled) around her, and pondwater trickling onto her face that Wisteriawren began to physically respond, brow furrowing in her half asleep state.

Had she fallen asleep in Greta’s garden? No… that didn’t sound right… But what did? “I’m awake…” Wisteriawren mumbled groggily. “Five more butterfly wingbeats…” Who was even trying to rouse her? She was having a nice nap, just why.

“…Why is… make it stop raining… the ceiling is leaking…” Wisteriawren squirmed in an attempt to get away from the supposed dripping den ceiling, eyes sealed shut. Her voice was barely above a mumble, almost incoherent.

She trailed off, and then eventually after a moment of internal struggle to forcibly wake up, her eyelashes fluttered, hazy blue hues attempting to focus on the blurry cat in her face. The blurry… black cat… black and… red cat… if she squinted hard enough. And if she squinted harder… black and red an— “Dusklion???” The name slipped past her maw out of pure surprise, but that was the moment one of the droplets from the soaked moss chose to fall in her open mouth, and then a moment later Wisteriawren was choking because of a single drop of water that had gone down the wrong way, tickled her throat, and made her eyes water.

The former kittypet lurched into a sitting position as she wheezed, setting off in a coughing fit until the feeling abated, and then she just sat there for a moment in silence as her vision swam, turning dark for a couple of moments and disorienting her before creeping back, allowing her to see again. Ah, she shouldn’t have sat up so fast.

Her attention drifted to Dusklion, but her mind was still more than frazzled by the heatstroke. Swaying for a moment, Wisteriawren squinted at her deputy’s shoulder, oddly enough. Her gaze was a bit off, at the moment. “What are… doing here…” The scarred tabby blinked hard. “There is… bird on your shoulder.” She reached out for it, only to realize there was nothing there but air. “No wait….. Behind…..” Surely enough, a cardinal sat on a far away branch on the other side of the stream.

Which… oddly enough, was the most important thing on Wisteriawren’s heat-addled mind. Pointing out a red bird on a far away branch to Dusklion like a kit with a mossball they tried to show off at random.

Leaving them feeling betrayed.
Breaking the bonds that you've made.