Last post by Neptune.
Today 10:50 PM

Old Today, 03:48 PM
Birthday Cake Theif

Bump Policy: 24 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat Applications

Wow I shouldn't be here but I am

Goldfish Is one of Riverclan’s Lionhearts!
She is Open to Apprentice Training and Plot ideas!

isla, Alec, Bean, phantom, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>
Staff Sign?

Old Today, 03:49 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

good luck !!!!!

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old Today, 04:58 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Wow so uh lovely Placeholder

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan)
Old Today, 05:15 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Psychedelic

Wip

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon

Last edited by Tallstar; Today at 11:16 PM.
Old Today, 09:04 PM
He has..THREE..eyecolors

Bump Policy: 2-5 days
My Mood: Lonely

Good luck good luck!!

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old Today, 09:26 PM
Jet planes can’t keep up

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Very excited to see the applications! Good luck to everyone who applies!

Art by @/Willowfern!
Old Today, 10:11 PM
reverting my way back

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

good luck!

⊱ future carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Old Today, 10:36 PM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour

[coughing in placeholder]
Old Today, 10:37 PM
primrosepaw c:

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Busy

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat Applications

Medicine Cat Application

Poppyburst

Name: Poppyburst (Poppy)
Clan: RiverClan
Appearance: a small-statured, mottled tortoiseshell she-cat with striking green eyes.
Gender + Pronouns: AFAB - She / Her

Backstory:

Poppyburst was born a loner, living a quiet and solitary life along the edges of RiverClan territory. Her early moons were spent learning to fend for herself, navigating the challenges of the wild with a sharp mind and a resilient spirit. She was often found exploring the dense undergrowth, observing the ways of the forest and developing a deep respect for nature’s healing powers.

One day, Poppyburst encountered a RiverClan patrol. Intrigued by the sense of community and purpose she saw in the Clan cats, she cautiously approached them. Despite her initial hesitance, Poppyburst’s curiosity and quiet strength caught the attention of the Clan’s leader. After proving her loyalty and willingness to learn, she was welcomed into RiverClan, leaving behind her life as a loner. Though the transition was challenging, she quickly adapted, her natural intelligence and empathy making her a valuable member of the Clan.

Personality:

Poppyburst is a thoughtful and introspective cat, often found deep in contemplation. Her small stature belies her inner strength and determination. She is gentle and kind-hearted, always willing to lend a paw to those in need, whether it’s a Clanmate or a passing loner. Poppyburst’s background as a loner has given her a unique perspective on life, making her resourceful and adaptable in difficult situations.

While she can be reserved, Poppyburst is fiercely protective of her Clan and has a strong sense of duty. She values knowledge and is eager to learn more about the healing arts, driven by a desire to help others and repay the kindness RiverClan showed her. Despite her quiet nature, Poppyburst possesses a sharp wit and can be surprisingly tenacious when it comes to defending what she believes is right.

Strengths and Skills:

Poppyburst has a deep well of empathy, which allows her to connect with her Clanmates on an emotional level. She is a comforting presence in the medicine den, often able to soothe anxiety or fear with just a few gentle words. Her ability to listen without judgment makes her a confidante for those struggling with both physical and emotional wounds.

Having lived as a loner, Poppyburst developed a sharp sense of observation, crucial for her survival. She can notice subtle changes in her surroundings or in the condition of her patients, making her particularly effective in early diagnosis. Whether it’s the slightest hint of illness or a shift in the weather, Poppyburst’s keen eyes rarely miss a thing.

Poppyburst’s background has also made her incredibly resourceful. She knows how to make do with limited supplies and can often find creative solutions to problems. This skill is invaluable in situations where the Clan’s herb stores are low, or when they are facing an unexpected crisis.

Despite her origins as a loner, Poppyburst is fiercely loyal to RiverClan. She feels a deep sense of gratitude for the Clan that took her in, and she’s determined to repay that kindness through her service. Her loyalty manifests not just in her actions, but in her unwavering commitment to the well-being of her Clanmates.

Challenges:

While Poppyburst has a natural affinity for healing, her experience is still limited compared to a fully trained medicine cat. She occasionally doubts her abilities, especially when faced with complex medical situations. However, her determination to learn and grow drives her to seek out knowledge and advice whenever possible.

Even though she is a loyal RiverClan cat, Poppyburst sometimes struggles with feeling fully accepted due to her past as a loner. She occasionally fears that others might still see her as an outsider, which can cause her to work even harder to prove herself. This internal struggle adds depth to her character and could serve as a plot point in her development.

Poppyburst’s time as a loner means she had to rely on her instincts for survival, including defending herself in fights. While she has embraced the role of a healer, there are moments when her warrior-like instincts clash with the peaceful nature required of a medicine cat. This internal conflict could be a compelling aspect of her character growth as she learns to fully embody the healer’s path.

Future Aspirations:

Poppyburst is eager to master the full breadth of the medicine cat’s knowledge. She spends extra time studying herbs, treatments, and the various ailments that can afflict her Clanmates. Her goal is to be as skilled and knowledgeable as any medicine cat in the forest, ensuring that she can always provide the best care possible.

Though she is still learning, Poppyburst dreams of one day passing on her knowledge to an apprentice of her own. She hopes to guide another cat through the process of becoming a healer, sharing both her experiences as a loner and her journey within RiverClan. This aspiration reflects her commitment to the Clan’s future and her desire to leave a lasting impact.

Poppyburst wishes to bridge the gap between herself and her Clanmates by showing them that, despite her origins, she is wholly dedicated to RiverClan. She often volunteers for tasks that allow her to interact with others, such as leading herb-gathering patrols or offering to help with tasks outside the medicine den. Over time, she hopes to become not just the Clan’s healer but also a trusted friend and ally to every member of RiverClan.

These additions provide more depth to Poppyburst's character, highlighting her strengths, the challenges she faces, and her aspirations as a potential medicine cat. This well-rounded portrayal emphasizes her suitability for the role and the unique contributions she can make to RiverClan.

Long-Term Character Development:

As Poppyburst gains experience, she gradually overcomes her initial doubts about her abilities. Each successful treatment, every time she interprets a StarClan message correctly, and every moment where she helps her Clanmates strengthens her confidence. This growth is an important part of her journey, showing how she evolves from a self-doubting outsider to a respected and competent medicine cat.

Over time, Poppyburst could become known not just for her healing skills, but for the way she redefines what it means to be a RiverClan cat. Her story could inspire future generations of Clan cats to be more open-minded and compassionate, especially toward those who come from outside the Clans. Her legacy might include changes in how the Clan views loners or rogues who wish to join, making RiverClan a more inclusive and understanding place.

Interactions with the Other Clans:

Due to her outsider origins, Poppyburst has a unique perspective on inter-Clan relations. She is less bound by the biases and rivalries that can cloud the judgment of those born in the Clans. This makes her an excellent candidate for diplomacy, as she can approach situations with an open mind and a fair perspective. Poppyburst might excel in mediating disputes or negotiating alliances, bringing a voice of reason and compassion to tense situations.

Poppyburst harbors a natural curiosity about the other Clans and their practices, particularly their medicine cats. She believes there is much to learn from the different ways each Clan approaches healing and spirituality. This curiosity could lead her to form connections with medicine cats from other Clans, sharing knowledge and experiences that could benefit RiverClan as well.

Relationship with StarClan:

Poppyburst has always felt a subtle connection to the spiritual realm, even before joining RiverClan. As a loner, she often had vivid dreams that she didn’t understand at the time. Since becoming part of RiverClan, she has started to realize that these dreams might be messages from StarClan. She is eager to deepen this connection, hoping to serve as a bridge between the living and the spirits of their ancestors.

Poppyburst is deeply respectful of StarClan and often seeks their guidance in times of uncertainty. She regularly spends time in quiet meditation, focusing on the messages she receives in her dreams and signs she encounters in the world around her. This spiritual practice adds a layer of mysticism to her character and highlights her dedication to her role as a medicine cat.

These additional details and scenarios further flesh out Poppyburst’s character, making her a compelling candidate for the role of medicine cat. They highlight her strengths, potential growth, and the unique contributions she could bring to RiverClan.

Roleplay Examples:

Poppyburst sat by the riverbank, her green eyes fixed on the water as it flowed steadily by. She had been spending more time here lately, reflecting on her journey from a loner to a RiverClan cat. The peace of the water often soothed her, but today, her mind was occupied with thoughts of the Clan’s medicine cat, who had recently taken ill.

Deciding to act on her growing interest in herbs and healing, Poppyburst approached the medicine den. She found the medicine cat sorting through herbs with a pained expression. “Is there anything I can do to help?” Poppyburst asked, her voice soft but determined.

The medicine cat looked up, surprised. After a brief hesitation, they nodded, showing her how to organize the herbs. As Poppyburst worked, she listened intently to their explanations, absorbing everything she could. Her paws were careful and precise, her natural curiosity driving her to learn more. This moment marked the beginning of her journey towards becoming a healer.

During a fierce storm, a tree branch crashed into the warriors’ den, injuring several cats. Amid the chaos, Poppyburst remained calm, her small frame weaving through the crowd to assess the situation. She quickly realized the severity of the injuries and, without hesitation, began applying pressure to a deep wound on one warrior’s flank.

“We need cobwebs, now!” she called out, her voice steady despite the urgency. When the supplies were brought, she worked quickly, her paws moving with surprising skill for someone with little formal training. Poppyburst’s calm demeanor and quick thinking helped stabilize the injured warriors until the medicine cat could arrive. It was clear to those around her that she had the makings of a healer.

After a particularly difficult day of tending to sick Clanmates, Poppyburst retreated to the quiet of the forest. She found solace in the familiar scents and sounds, her thoughts swirling with the events of the day. Despite the exhaustion tugging at her, Poppyburst felt a deep sense of fulfillment.

As she sat beneath the shelter of a large tree, she whispered a quiet prayer to StarClan, asking for guidance in her journey as a healer. The night was calm, the stars twinkling overhead, and Poppyburst felt a renewed sense of purpose. She knew that the path she had chosen was the right one, and she was ready to dedicate herself fully to the role of medicine cat.

During a sudden outbreak of greencough in the middle of leaf-bare, Poppyburst works tirelessly to care for the sick. Her resourcefulness comes into play as she devises ways to stretch their limited herb supplies, using unconventional methods to provide relief. Even as the illness spreads and the pressure mounts, she remains calm and focused, providing comfort to the ill and ensuring that every cat receives the care they need.

One night, Poppyburst has a vivid dream in which she is visited by a StarClan ancestor. The ancestor shares a cryptic warning about an impending danger to the Clan, but the details are unclear. Upon waking, Poppyburst wrestles with how to interpret the message and whether to share it with the Clan leader. This scenario highlights her connection to StarClan and the weight of responsibility she feels as a potential medicine cat.

When tensions rise between two RiverClan warriors, Poppyburst steps in to mediate. Drawing on her empathy and diplomatic skills, she listens to both sides and helps them see each other’s perspectives. Through her gentle guidance, she diffuses the situation and prevents a potential fight, demonstrating her value not just as a healer, but as a peacemaker within the Clan.

Poppyburst still occasionally struggles with the transition from loner to Clan cat. In one roleplay scenario, she might feel conflicted about the strict rules of Clan life, especially when it comes to following orders without question. This could lead to an internal struggle where she has to reconcile her independent nature with the needs of the Clan. Ultimately, she chooses to put the Clan’s well-being above her own desires, reaffirming her loyalty and commitment.

Conclusion:

Poppyburst’s unique background, gentle personality, and natural affinity for healing make her an excellent candidate for the role of medicine cat. Her journey from loner to Clan cat has shaped her into a resilient and resourceful individual, and her deep respect for the healing arts drives her to learn and grow. With the right guidance, Poppyburst has the potential to become a dedicated and compassionate medicine cat, one who will serve RiverClan with unwavering loyalty and care.

Discord user is lynxyboo

I will not answer until I have my phone back. Until then, if you need me, you can contact me here on WCO or I will find a solution other than that.

Primrosepaw is a RiverClan Apprentice and is being trained by Adderstrike. If she is needed, mention me.
Pondpaw (formerly Cascadepaw) is a ShadowClan (formerly RiverClan) Apprentice and is being trained by Tuftedtusk, a ShadowClan Enforcer. If she is needed, mention me.
Primrosepaw has Fast Learner Tier 1 and Trick of the Eye.
Pondpaw has Silver Tongue Tier 2, Kitty Softpaws Tier 2, and Mind Reader.

Last edited by paedyn; Today at 10:56 PM.