Old Today, 05:55 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
[ @Moonraven - Leopardsong ]

GRACKLEKIT

The one moon old kit shuffled blearily out of the nursery. Why was it so loud? Wasn't it sleepy time? Oh my gosh it was a meeting! He knew he wasn't allowed to go over there, so he stood near the nursery, wobbling on tippy toes to get a good look. Twilightstar was announcing the deputy. Crowtooth? Crowtooth! CROWTOOTH!!! He looked around eagerly for his uncle. This was wonderful.

Instead, he found Leopardsong. She looked sad. Or angry. He didn't really know. Bobbling his way over, the kit sat on his hind legs, tapping her with a front paw. "Miss Leopardsong," he inquired, blue eyes curious. "Are you sad about mommy?" He flopped on to his side, staring at her intently. "Don't worry, she's in the sky now. And the sky seems so cool." Evidently, Gracklekit didn't fully understand the concept of Starclan. But it seemed like an excellent adventure, and Gracklekit was all about adventure.
Leopardsong
Oh, baby! Not hers, but she could get kitten fixated on anyone's kits. They were so cute. This one was extra adorable without even trying. "Hello Gracklekit." She purred delightfully, former concerns briefly tossed to the side in favor of basking in cuteness.

"I'm not sad... Er, well, I'm sad she doesn't get to be with your family. No mommy would want to be away from her kits, but I've heard StarClan is a wonderful place and she'll have all our other clanmates to be with while the sky. And yes, I'm sure the sky is a very cool place to live." She added with a chuckle. She could not help herself as Gracklekit flopped on his side. The molly leaned down endeavoring to give the kit's forehead a few affectionate licks. Leopardsong would shower every kit in kisses and cuddles like a rainstorm if she had the power.

"Gracklekit, have you seen Cottonkit around?" She asked once she was no longer distracted by the cuteness. "I'm sure he's just exploring, but I haven't seen him a little." She was sure Ashkit would find the kit in due time, but as said before a worrier was going to worry.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old Today, 06:02 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Crowtooth
Windclan Deputy | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Perhaps the choice was not so much of a surprise to the clan, but it still rocked Crowtooth to his core. The tom had been doing the deputy duties for some time now, not out of ambition as being a lead tunneler had been the extent of his desire, but out of a sense of duty to windclan.

Perhaps that was why he was chosen in the end, perhaps it was something else, but Crowtooth was fairly certain he'd probably never know that.
All he did know was sitting here under the stars with grey and brown eyes wide, his life was completely changing once again, never to be the same.

But.... It didnt change all that much, did it? He had Hawkfur and Lightningstorm by his side still, and would into the future until deaths claws took them entirely. But that end would occur even he just just a fury rather then a deputy. So even with the change his friend, his strengths sitting beside him would remain no different then before.

His family with little nephew Gracklekit, who was grinning excited at the announcement and all the others was unchanged. So were his bonds and duties really, at least for now. Maybe in a far flung future this change of fate would really effect things but for now.....
This was only a change of title.

Crowtooth could live with that.

He could live with the duties, the responsibilities, the change and more for them, his loved ones and for Windclan.

He'd have to, dead or not Bravebird would come down from the stars to shred his pelt if he didnt do this right.
Those thoughts were enough to break the tom from the dizzying feeling of the announcements and jolt him into action once more.

Taking in a deep and raspy breath Crowtooth stood, but remained planted by Hawkfur and Lightningstorm, casting a final gaze around the gathered clan and catching as many eyes as possible before affixing his back to Twilightstar's green. Then, and only then, he finally spoke, strong but deep with emotion.
"I swore when I was young that my life was fer Windclan an' even now I mean it. If where Im needed by the clan is as its deputy then to my dyin' breath I'll be the best cat I can be fer the role. I promise ya Twilightstar, I wont let ya down an' Ill live up ta Fallownose's example."

The conflict in the maternal figures eyes was missed, her reluctance and dark thoughts unnoticed by even the tom who knew her so well as he sat again, solemn and serious as he leaned into Hawkfur to comfort him for the public announcement of Bravebirds death and the ending of the meeting. Windclans ranks were at last filled, and now, hopefully they could rest at peace.

@Mica @Alchemist Kitsune @Moonraven

Last edited by Rani; Today at 06:03 PM.
Old Today, 06:45 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
22 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

Bleary, lapis hues blinked as the medicine cat exited her den, a few choice words crossing her mind concerning where the clan's leader could go and do for waking her up so bloody late. She had been up all day tending to patients, taking care of finally catching up with her new apprentice, and she had earned her damned sleep, for star's sake! An unamused glare turned towards the branch above her, the herbalist could only keep her disgruntlement obvious for a moment before a yawn broke through, forcing her attention elsewhere as she began walking through the sleepy crowd. Best get this over and done with, she supposed. She doubted the leader would have woken them up so late if it wasn't an emergency, making it silly to audibly complain or interrupt.

Even through her sleep heavy eyes they were easy to spot. The massive, skunk striped tom and the red tabby besides him. Stars knew this past moon she had seen enough of them while she had been attempting the impossible. It had become clear to her early on that Bravebird would die. That whatever illness she had would claim her, it was only a matter of time. But she would be damned before she accepted defeat, a fact that the former fury had only been too happy to indulge her in despite knowing the truth. Despite having died from this very illness once before. Dapplebreeze had let her know... but it made the truth no easier to bear. The queen had died, and there hadn't been a blasted thing she could do about it.

With some level of shame, Lightningstorm padded towards the duo, uncertain of how they would fair with her presence. Nobody had blamed her. They had almost seemed... grateful. Despite her incompetence. Yet she still felt responsible. Wondering if perhaps her memories had been intact she might have found a way to save her. A part of her knew the truth. Understood there was no knowledge that could have stopped this. And yet something about the whole ordeal had felt... personal. In some level, at least.

There were no words for once, the molly simply dipping her head before sitting besides the pair at the other side of the bigger of the two, still not feeling brave enough to sit besides the russet tom. One of the first cats she had seen after this affliction of hers had struck. Besides Bravebird and a blood soaked queen that had somehow been alive. Stars... had that been a sign she had been too confused to see? Would it have changed anything if she had understood it for what it had been? Her mind wandered for a little, grogginess slowly dissipating in favor of intrusive thoughts of self doubt and faltering confidence.

And then Twilightstar spoke again, and Lightningstorm almost snorted in challenge. Really? A deputy? At this bloody hour? Surely it could have waited until the morning? Although then again... the leader was surely mourning. There had been so many deaths these past few moons. And there had been no deputy in the clan for as long as she could remember. Perhaps she really did feel it was of the utmost importance to do this now... before she herself was laden with her own self doubt and faltering confidence once more.

Crowtooth. The deputy chosen was the dark goofball besides her. If she were to be honest with herself, she wasn't surprised. Not entirely. Batglare was a natural choice, but the tom's perpetual state of death staring at anyone who got too close would no doubt cause problems in the long run. Dapplebreeze felt like a fairly competent choice as well, but the molly was soft. Maternal to a fault. If RiverClan came back with a vengeance, they might need someone with a little more backbone to deal with them. In that regard, the large fury simply made sense.

The new deputy responded, giving his heart to the cause. Lightningstorm wondered momentarily if she'd ever done such a promise. If so, that explained why she was so attached to a place she couldn't really remember. To cats she seemed to have no familial bond with. Despite herself, the she-cat gave a small, half smile in the tom's direction, nodding in approval. This was one of the few felines she'd grown close to after her memory loss. A cat that she was certain she'd been close to before that as well. She trusted him. He would do his best for the clan always.

But... there was no reason to let him know that. Instead, the herbalist groaned, rolling her eyes as she turned to look away, hiding her friendly smile behind a devilish smirk. "Well, that explains why she picked the middle of the night for the announcement. Just formally lettin' us all make our peace with the fact that we won't know another night of proper rest. Not with the way you like to run the warriors ragged. Stars almighty, I'm going to have to send out patrols to stock up on herbs for joint and muscle pain. Best be proactive. What say you, love?"

Turning to face the tom, her smirk widened, eyes shining with mischief. It had been days since she had been able to joke around with anyone. And she still owed him for that little remark of his. And yet even with her teasing words she raised one dainty paw and aimed a friendly paw at the tom's shoulder, keeping it there for a moment, offering one more nod before removing it. Should she audibly congratulate him? Probably? Would she, though? Erm... maybe not. The healer had a feeling he would never let her live it down if she did.

@Rani [Crowtooth] | @Mica [Hawkfur]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old Today, 07:00 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Welcoming

Vinepaw
9 Moons
He/Him

Vinepaw turned his gaze to Deadmoon and nodded in acknowledgement “Hey deadmoon..no I’m not quite sure what this could be about maybe a deputy announcement”he replied while fixing his gaze upwards again he believed crow tooth would be the best suited for the role after going hunting with the older warrior he was more at ease with him.As the announcement was called he grinned so he had been right crowtooth was the new deputy about time in his opinion though he would never voice it.

He turned to deadmoon and quickly said “I think I want to go and congratulate him would you like to join me or would you prefer in your own time?” He then turned his black head to look for crowtooth he quickly approached trying not to bump into anyone it had seemed he hit a growth spurt making him much bigger he now was larger than lightning paw which to him was slightly amusing

As he approached crowtooth he saw a few other cats congratulating him so he waited his turn once it had cleared up he cleared his throat “Congratulations Crowtooth..I had a feeling you’d be made deputy you’ll do great..though I do hope time to time we can go tunneling together since Rabbitpaw has other responsibilities now..”he then realized how backwards that sounded especially to crowtooth he quickly goes to explain “Er I meant if you have time I know you’ll have more responsibilities too..”man two of his friends now have more responsibilities he sighed and waited for a response.

@Rani
@gs29513

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon